R2 event tier 7

Prev134
sac122
2 posts Member
edited August 2017
How the kittens are you supposed to beat the end team? They have 6 turns before I get a go and what's left of my squad, usually I'm two down by my first attack, hardly dent them.

My team are all gear 8 with mods. Clearly I can't get all to tier ten this event cycle so that means I can't complete the Luke event either!

Brilliant.

What leve toons did you guys have to complete the event?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Who have you got???
  • Options
    After several tries I got it by using:
    EP[L] Level 85 G10
    Vader Level 85 G9
    Tie Pilot Level 85 G8
    Tarkin Level 85 G8
    RG Level 85 G7
    with some mid-level mods.

First I tried taking out Han then Leia or Luke. After that I went for R2. Then finish off the rest. it took me about 10 times before I had some good RNG and was able to beat it.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Try Tarkin lead. But I just think you need to gear them higher. Sorry to say.
    Good luck.
    Hammer down!!
  • Deanolavorto91
    245 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I did it with your setup. Gear level and everything. Took about 50+ tries. I focused on raid han and r2 the whole time and used EP lead. EP was last one standing against r2 chewie and Leia and shock/healed twice to stay alive and wipe them out. Took a lot of RNG but keep trying.
    Edit:spelling
  • Options
    Currently:

Zader leader
    Emp Pal
    RG
    Tie Fighter
    Tarkin

More gear and better mods required I guess. Just keep on trying till I win.
  • RogueTrooper
    30 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm guessing that my level 83 g8/9 team isn't going to do it ?

ep (Lead), Vader, RG, Tarkin, Stormtrooper

I did 6* on auto with storm and tarkin at level 60

is 7* that much harder ?
  • Options
    I did the first 6 with zader lead but for some reason I found the last one easier with palp lead. Vader g10, palp g11, tarkin rg and tie pilot g8
  • Weaselcult
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    After many many tries i got lucky with the rng and did it with:

Palpatine (L) gear 10 lvl 85
    Zader gear 10 lvl 85
    Tarkin gear 9 lvl 85
    TIE fighter pilot gear 8 lvl 85
    Magmatrooper gear 7 lvl 85
    Post edited by Weaselcult on
  • Options
    I did the first 6 with zader lead but for some reason I found the last one easier with palp lead. Vader g10, palp g11, tarkin rg and tie pilot g8

It's because the last tier is immune to zaders turn meter reduction.
  • Options
    You need higher gear level (minimum 9) and mods. Gear your toons up if you can, and keep trying, eventually RNG might give you a surprise. My toons were gear 10 and 9, but I had to retry a lot of times because my mods are very very bad. In the end, my winning strategy was to focus on R2 and attack the others only with AoE or when you can't target R2. Don't give up!
  • Options
    This was a tricky event! The resistance to turn meter reduction in tier 7 got me to swap Zader for EP as leader. That was a mistake!. Zader lead was key to my eventual victory, as the permanent DOTs made all the difference. The dots are slowly grinding all enemies down as they all take like 3 turns in between your every turn.

Here is my underpowered squad:

Squad power: 69 856
    Zader and Tarkin gear 10
    EP, TFP, Magma gear 8

Magma is just in there cause he's an easy farm. He works as dead weight/punching bag for stunners and heavy hitters. RG will fill his position well (better, really).

Strategy-wise: RNG is your friend.
    • If Han/R2 is stunning someone else than Magma - restart.
    • If Old Ben is ability blocking Zader/Tarkin/EP - restart.
    • Make sure Zader is landing his dots, otherwise, restart.
    • Target order: Han first, then Leia, R2, Luke, Old Ben, Chewie - if you can choose. Most of the time, R2 will direct who to target, and you'll have to roll with it. Again, RNG plays a huge part in this event.

Like I said, this event was tricky, and my squad was sub-optimal. But after an hour of trying I could unlock that 7* R2, and that made me very happy indeed :smile:

Good Luck!
  • Options
    I did it with Palp(L)g11, Vader g11, TFP g11 + Tarkin and Magmatrooper level 50(?) gear 3(?). Vader and TFP had good mods and the rest had none, tried it a few times and it worked out. You have to set Palp as leader because Zaders lead won´t work completly, also Palp´s leadership gives your toons more Health and Potency which is especially for TFP important because he gets turnmeter for every debuffed enemy at the end of his turns.

I recommend putting your best mods on Vader and TFP and hope that at least 3 guys survive their initial burst and try to spread debuffs so TFP gets turnmeter.
    Might also help if you pray to RNGesus :smiley:

good luck!
  • Options
    Emperor (L) 85 gear 10
    Vader 85 gear 8
    Royal Guard 85 gear 9
    Tarkin 85 gear 9
    Snowtrooper 85 gear 7

I used my arena mods and managed in three tries. I focused on Leia and Han first. Then R2. Just keep rolling the dice and you'll get there.
  • JTM48
    33 posts Member
    Options
    I found that fitting R2 with EP basic everytime its available after the first group stun is the quickest way to success. His shock really knocks down R2's health. Focus on the other toons not named Chewie or Old Ben, but keep R2 shocked because he has a lot of TM
  • Options
    Alternative strategy i found was to debuff everyone and take our R2 FIRST. This is because TFP gains crazy turn metre and damage and without R2 the rest fall easily
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I did it with Palpatine (g9), Vader (g9), Royal Guard (g9), Stormtrooper (g7), Snowtrooper (g7).

It took a couple tries. Eventually Old Ben's ability block didn't affect Vader or Palpatine and Han's opening stun hit Stormtrooper. There was a setback when Chewbacca taunted, so I just used basics until it wore off. I took out Leia first because she does the most damage, then I was forced to basically attack whoever R2's smoke screen would let me fight...

Between Palpatine's damage at the end of each round and Snowtrooper's aoe I was able to keep damaging stealthed enemies, but normally I'd have to wait for Culling Blade to come off cooldown before I could take out a target that I wanted specifically dead.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    My wife has a newer account, and she managed it with:

G10 Palpatine
    G9 Tarkin
    G8 Veers
    G8 Stormtrooper
    G 7 Snowtrooper

Took her best mods and 100 tries.
  • Options
    I've had zader g10, ep g10 and tarkin g6, magma g6 and nvm 45 and stormtrooper g8. it was hard, and I needed a lot of trys, but its possible
  • Options
    Play again and again until RNG favours you. It can take hours though.
    You only need a decent sequence where the enemies fail most of the things they do (with really few criticals).

Focus R2 asap since he's the key to victory. If you''re stuck with a taunting Chewbbie or have a bad start.... restart, don't waste more time.
  • Options
    My empire team is weak. I've ignored them until recently when I realized that the R2 event was coming back. It turns out I shouldn't have ignored them as they are fun to play. Anyway I'm looking for some advice.

Until this morning the R2 Tier VII battle was kicking my butt. Okay it is still kicking my butt. However, I managed to get two of the Rebel scum down. I still need a couple of million credits to max out my mods on the characters. They all have appropriate 4* and 5* mods. My account is only level 84. Thanks to the gear levels I am at, the freaking Mk5 Arakyd Droid Caller, and the event window I only have enough mats to raise the gear level of one person. EP, Vader, and Tarkin are all sitting on one final gear slot to fill. Whose gear do I raise to have a shot at clearing Tier VII? Vader to X? EP or Tarkin to IX? Since his requirements are different I should be able to have RG to at least 8 if not 9 before the end of the event.

Sorry for the long explanation, but I wanted to provide all the details. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

EP 84 G8
    Vader 84 G9
    Tarkin 84 G8
    RG 84 G7
    Stormtrooper 84 G9
  • Options
    Good mods and high gear man. That's all I can say. I had trouble beating it myself when it first dropped. I ran Zader
  • Options
    Palpatine 84 (l) gear X
    Vader 84 gear X
    Tarkin 80 gear 8
    Veers 70 gear 8
    Snowtrooper 70 gear 8

Remember to mod all your troops best as you can. It took me about 40 tries, I think you can do it with good rng, you have at least like 5 days to keep trying. If Vader and palpatine are ability blocked or stunned in the first move just retreat it'll save you time probably. Because cheque gets 2 moves before you get 1, retreat if he taunts second because you'll waste time hitting him. If he taunts first he'll waste it and won't be in your way when you attack. If han does his team buff at all before you can take him out it makes life harder maybe retreat. Vader should be able to one shot Han with his crush and then culling blade soon as you get to go. Hope any of this helps it took me a load of tries but rng will be on your side
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ep (l) g8 lv80, rg g7 lv60, tarkin g6 lv51, those 3 non-modded
    tfp g10 lv80 poorly modded, 197 speed and 206.25% c.dam
    deathtrooper g9 lv80 poorly modded, 54% c.chance and 65% potency
    just needed 1 try, dt with his deathmark made it a walk in the park :)
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Options
    I used

Zader leader g10
    Emp Pal g11
    RG g8
    Tie Fighter g10
    Veers g8

And got destroyed the first time. I replaced two mods on TFP and destroyed it the second time through. It all about the right mods

• Precision
    8 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Felt like I should chime in here.

The characters I used are as follows:
    (L) Palpatine g9 lvl85
    Vader g10 lvl85
    Magma trooper g7 lvl76
    Tarkin g7 lvl70
    Snow trooper g7 lvl70

I had to put all my arena mods which came from my resistance team on these guys and took about 5 times to finally win.

It came down to Chewie vs Vader, and because of the heal under the Palpatine lead, I was able to win. Tarkin died before getting a turn, and the magma and snow trooper only took one turn. Palpatines heal when he's lead was the most important part of my victory.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    I did it first try with:
    G11 Big Papa Palp (L) lvl 85
    G10 Vader lvl 85
    G10 RG lvl 85
    G9 TFP lvl 85
    G8 Veers lvl 63

RG will taunt quickly as Veers or TFP go yellow fast, he takes the brunt of the dmg, palp and vader laid the pipe for me. Mods are good on ep, vader and rg for me, last two ehhh. R2 is what you must concentrate on, others are cake by comparison.
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Took me about 10 tries TFP and Palp have my 2nd tier mod sets on. I added some spar speed mods to SnowTrooper. But really when I omega'd Vaders Dots for Speed down is when I got it.

Palp (L) 85 g10
    TFP 85 g9
    Vader 79 g8
    Snowtrooper 70 g7
    Tarkin 60 g5

Tarkin never got a turn and Snow only went 2 or 3 times then died. I went Han, Leia, Luke, Old Ben, R2 then Chewy.
  • Options
    G10 palpi (L) g10 vader g7 tarkin g8 imp guardian g9 storm tropper.
    Kill first r2d2 middle mods
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    Options
    sac122 wrote: »
    Currently:

Zader leader
    Emp Pal
    RG
    Tie Fighter
    Tarkin

More gear and better mods required I guess. Just keep on trying till I win.

Try switching to palp lead and adding a heavy debuffer.
  • Options
    Anybody else thinking how much harder this event will be next it comes around with the reworked toons? Ouch.