Content update 8/9 [Mega]

Replies

• Why start already :( It hasn't even been close enough time to farm Old-Ben which is missing for like half the community (at least that's what it looked like from the reddit outrage). Why not give us a week or two to at least have a chance to compete without spending money

Event is probably 13 days...including the initial announcement..it will be 20 days...that's more than enough time to farm OB from scratch.

• Riffinator wrote: »
    Now we can farm Old Ben 5 TIMES

No you can't sorry.
  • DarthTaral wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Now we can farm Old Ben 5 TIMES

No you can't sorry.

Well now I'm sad :'(
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Nith wrote: »
    REFRESHING CHANGE TO OLD DIFFICULTIES
    Hard Node attempts have been Increased! For a limited time, Hard Nodes have had their attempts increased from 3 to 5. This change applies to both Light Side & Dark Side Nodes.

THIS. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THANK YOU

5x of zero is still zero. I would much rather then change to 2 tries max and have guaranteed drops.

Hard node farming is a joke. I have been farming shoretrooper since he became available to farm still at 54/100 I had been buying him in shipment till then. Same with DN, I am averaging less than 1/2 shard per day.

• It is actually really good especially for f2p. Energy is the easiest and fastest commodity in the game...allowing a player two extra chances to farm up a character like DN or Baze is great.
  • Nope, this is the only time you can get him. He is an ultra-mega-super rare event, so he won't appear ever again. Just like Palpatine, Yoda, Thrawn and R2.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't tell us, to increase the pressure to buy packs. I'd rather go without than pander to that.

I bought the packs already.

It doesn't say "extremely rare" or "legendary event" so I'm wondering if it is a recurring event. I probably still won't have them in time after purchasing the packs but don't want to be tied down farming Leia and St. Han anymore anyway. I have Leia 48/100 and St. Han 64/65.
  • Give us a way to farm her besides having to get first every day, or make the event last all month!
  • I was one of the more vocal complainers about what happened with r2 and the CLS but I am willing to admit that I was wrong. Devs did this right. If the event goes for 13 days...people would have 20 days to farm the various characters...for a meta character like CLS, that is extremely generous.

The increase from 3 hard node tries to 5 is also great, especially for f2p.

Good job Devs.

• Why not give us a week or two to at least have a chance to compete without spending money

You just had your week or two.
  • They won't say. They'll hint that he may be coming back for a 2 hour flash type event every day for the next year so that everyone panics and buys their overpriced bundles.

When did they do that?
  • Nith
    22 posts Member
    Sapient2k7 wrote: »
    Nith wrote: »
    REFRESHING CHANGE TO OLD DIFFICULTIES
    Hard Node attempts have been Increased! For a limited time, Hard Nodes have had their attempts increased from 3 to 5. This change applies to both Light Side & Dark Side Nodes.

THIS. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THANK YOU

5x of zero is still zero. I would much rather then change to 2 tries max and have guaranteed drops.

Hard node farming is a joke. I have been farming shoretrooper since he became available to farm still at 54/100 I had been buying him in shipment till then. Same with DN, I am averaging less than 1/2 shard per day.

I agree, but imagine if it was 5 trys instead of 3 this whole time. Your DN would be 7* for a time now. There'll be nothng guaranteed, so at least I'll be able to try more
  • 1%????? Is this serious?
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Whoops! Seems the following was omitted. Added to Update notes:

SHARDS ADDED TO SHIPMENTS
    Shipments have been updated to include the Shards of the following Characters (in quantities of of 4 or 8):
    • Darth Nihilus
    • Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum)
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Just bought a journey begins pack for 699 crystals and got 12 old ben shards, somebody give me a good slap upside the head...arrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!

@ObiJuanPollo I did the same thing; received the same amount of old Ben shards. I'll slap you if you slap me.

• Karek77 wrote: »
    1%????? Is this serious?

What do you mean?
  • nothing says useful for luke like ashoka and DN lol.

There are other parts of the game ....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Karek77 wrote: »
    1%????? Is this serious?

What do you mean?

His Potency
  • When is ahsoka fulcrum coming to shard shop?
  • 5 x 0 = Zero. Well at least u have more chance now to get (more?) shard. Let's do the math:

- 5 x 20 energy (hard node/ex:shore) = 100 energy.
    - 1x refill = 120 energy.

Well.. i think we all know where this will go
    3d9.png
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    **** wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Can you clarify if there is an end date to the hero's journey event?

There is and we will find out when the event launches.

There is a chance that it will run for the same amount of time as the packs.
  • HorishBathens
    631 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    It will probably be a modified flash style event, but will appear randomly for a duration of anywhere between 7 and 15 minutes every 1-23 hours over the next 13 days. Probably with a cumulative active event duration of 2 hours.
  • Parableman wrote: »
    The way it's worded sounds like Ahsoka Fulcrum and Nihilus are getting a new node that they will share, with a 50% chance of getting each one at each refresh. That's how I read it, anyway.

Yeah this thought crossed my mind, but I'm still lost as to why they were mentioned, They've BEEN in shipments, like, are the going to "Re-Add" them to Shipments? It's just...strange, almost like they meant to say a node/particular shop but left a word out
  • Just bought a journey begins pack for 699 crystals and got 12 old ben shards, somebody give me a good slap upside the head...arrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!

@ObiJuanPollo I did the same thing; received the same amount of old Ben shards. I'll slap you if you slap me.

Uhhmm, guys.. mind if i join ur slap club? I need that also :flushed:
  • nothing says useful for luke like ashoka and DN lol.

lol ahahahahahahahah
  • Vuk
    32 posts Member
    What ? No double drops for OB ????
  • 3 achievements for the new event, very cool!