Content update 8/9 [Mega]

Replies

  • Just saw spoons edit, nvm
  • It will probably be a modified flash style event, but will appear randomly for a duration of anywhere between 7 and 15 minutes every 1-23 hours over the next 13 days. Probably with a cumulative active event duration of 2 hours.

    Why would you assume this?
  • Vertigo
    4486 posts Member
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    It will probably be a modified flash style event, but will appear randomly for a duration of anywhere between 7 and 15 minutes every 1-23 hours over the next 13 days. Probably with a cumulative active event duration of 2 hours.

    Why would you assume this?

    Sarcasm my friend. Learn to read between the lines, sarcasm is everywhere on these forums.
  • Gth
    282 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    **** wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Can you clarify if there is an end date to the hero's journey event?

    There is and we will find out when the event launches.

    There is a chance that it will run for the same amount of time as the packs.

    And how do you know that ?
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    So what's with the in game message about Nihilus and Fulcrum being available as a tile in shipments? Which shipment?
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    So what's with the in game message about Nihilus and Fulcrum being available as a tile in shipments? Which shipment?

    Looks like a new tile was added to regular shipments that’ll feature either atf or dn.
  • Whoops! Seems the following was omitted. Added to Update notes:

    SHARDS ADDED TO SHIPMENTS
    Shipments have been updated to include the Shards of the following Characters (in quantities of of 4 or 8):
    • Darth Nihilus
    • Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum)

    This was my question. Apparently it's a lot of others' as well.

    What's different/changed/updated? They've both been in shipments for a while now.
  • Kyno
    26069 posts Moderator
    **** wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    **** wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Can you clarify if there is an end date to the hero's journey event?

    There is and we will find out when the event launches.

    There is a chance that it will run for the same amount of time as the packs.

    And how do you know that ?

    When the event starts we will get a timer telling us when it ends.

    the guess at when it will end being coincidental with the ending of the packs is just a hope i have and a little logical reasoning.
  • sboez00 wrote: »
    I would love an answer from a dev on this one. Will CLS ever come back? My guild mates are saying that this is a one time deal. It would kill me not to have him. I agree that he should be rare, but given how many people are missing out on him, will he be back?

    He will be gone FORRR EVVV ERRR.
  • Whoops! Seems the following was omitted. Added to Update notes:

    SHARDS ADDED TO SHIPMENTS
    Shipments have been updated to include the Shards of the following Characters (in quantities of of 4 or 8):
    • Darth Nihilus
    • Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum)

    Is ahsoka fulcrum ever coming to shard shop? Seems well past the cadence of the other releases.
  • Gth
    282 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    **** wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    **** wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Can you clarify if there is an end date to the hero's journey event?

    There is and we will find out when the event launches.

    There is a chance that it will run for the same amount of time as the packs.

    And how do you know that ?

    When the event starts we will get a timer telling us when it ends.

    the guess at when it will end being coincidental with the ending of the packs is just a hope i have and a little logical reasoning.
    I appreciate your attempt to answer the question, but honestly you're guessing. Hopefully there is a timer once the event starts, but many suspect there isn't a timer even when the event starts.

    That's why I asked a dev in the first place.
  • **** wrote: »
    I appreciate your attempt to answer the question, but honestly you're guessing. Hopefully there is a timer once the event starts, but many suspect there isn't a timer even when the event starts.

    That's why I asked a dev in the first place.

    Who are the many who suspect there is no timer? Where is this hoard of timer-doubters?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    **** wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    **** wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Can you clarify if there is an end date to the hero's journey event?

    There is and we will find out when the event launches.

    There is a chance that it will run for the same amount of time as the packs.

    And how do you know that ?

    When the event starts we will get a timer telling us when it ends.

    the guess at when it will end being coincidental with the ending of the packs is just a hope i have and a little logical reasoning.

    My guess is also 14 days as the packs said. Because i think it's the habit of legendary/rare event packs. Different with marquee/faction pass packs (ex: Ewoks), they're always there for 1 month.

    For sure, let's we all together wait in couple hours. U guys can wait days for new update.. now the wait for Luke is just hours.. plz be patient, yes? :kiss:
  • KueChael
    840 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    700 crystals for (10 to 330)of each new hope character. (Limit 10 per day)
    Or 20 for 80 shards of 1 character.

    Redacted.
  • Or use the crystals from that $100 to refresh Cantina energy a few extra times each day. Three refreshes is about 20 shards. That's 600 crustals for 20 shards. A much better deal ;)
  • Gth
    282 posts Member
    **** wrote: »
    I appreciate your attempt to answer the question, but honestly you're guessing. Hopefully there is a timer once the event starts, but many suspect there isn't a timer even when the event starts.

    That's why I asked a dev in the first place.

    Who are the many who suspect there is no timer? Where is this hoard of timer-doubters?

    Goto Reddit
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Or use the crystals from that $100 to refresh Cantina energy a few extra times each day. Three refreshes is about 20 shards. That's 600 crustals for 20 shards. A much better deal ;)

    U must be FTP.. bcause i think the same way. It's very nice deal ;)
  • Draw4wild wrote: »
    So if I only need Old Ben, I can spend 699 crystals on packs with a 25% chance to get him. And a 75% chance for shard shop currency where I can't buy Old Ben........

    @Draw4wild you can spend that 600 crystals on extra Cantina refreshes. That's a guaranteed 15+ shards.
  • I would love it if they fixed the crashing issue that a player has even identifies and fixed instead of ignoring us and saying it isn't a high priority.
  • TheMegaSage
    393 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    **** wrote: »
    I appreciate your attempt to answer the question, but honestly you're guessing. Hopefully there is a timer once the event starts, but many suspect there isn't a timer even when the event starts.

    That's why I asked a dev in the first place.

    Who are the many who suspect there is no timer? Where is this hoard of timer-doubters?

    I dunno. Devs have already posted in this thread, so they would have seen the many questions about the duration of the event. It would take 15 seconds to clear up the mystery right now, so it's fair to assume there is a reason the end date isn't just announced.

    I'm going to fall on the tin foil hat side of "we won't know the end date". Why? Increase the pressure to buy packs "just in case you miss out".

    Without double drops and with average rng, I'll be unlocked by August 22nd, so I have no reason to buy packs ... unless I have no guarantee the event will end early. Suddenly maybe I do drop $20 ($28 cdn) to get those last 80 shards when I'm four days out from being done ... Just in case it ends early.

    *Shrug* I guess we'll find out in a few hours why we weren't just told right up front how long the event will run.
  • Torin_Woodle
    454 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    dglace1 wrote: »
    sboez00 wrote: »
    I would love an answer from a dev on this one. Will CLS ever come back? My guild mates are saying that this is a one time deal. It would kill me not to have him. I agree that he should be rare, but given how many people are missing out on him, will he be back?

    He will be gone FORRR EVVV ERRR.

    I heard somewhere that since there are achievements for the Hero's journey, it means that it will be back again, when I have no idea
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Draw4wild wrote: »
    So if I only need Old Ben, I can spend 699 crystals on packs with a 25% chance to get him. And a 75% chance for shard shop currency where I can't buy Old Ben........

    @Draw4wild you can spend that 600 crystals on extra Cantina refreshes. That's a guaranteed 15+ shards.

    It is not guaranteed. I've spent 3 refreshes to receive 1 shard, several times since I've played this game.
  • How long will the event last?
  • **** wrote: »
    I appreciate your attempt to answer the question, but honestly you're guessing. Hopefully there is a timer once the event starts, but many suspect there isn't a timer even when the event starts.

    That's why I asked a dev in the first place.

    Who are the many who suspect there is no timer? Where is this hoard of timer-doubters?

    I dunno. Devs have already posted in this thread, so they would have seen the many questions about the duration of the event. It would take 15 seconds to clear up the mystery right now, so it's fair to assume there is a reason the end date isn't just announced.

    I'm going to fall on the tin foil hat side of "we won't know the end date". Why? Increase the pressure to buy packs "just in case you miss out".

    Without double drops and with average rng, I'll be unlocked by August 22nd, so I have no reason to buy packs ... unless I have no guarantee the event will end early. Suddenly maybe I do drop $20 ($28 cdn) to get those last 80 shards when I'm four days out from being done ... Just in case it ends early.

    *Shrug* I guess we'll find out in a few hours why we weren't just told right up front how long the event will run.

    You can only buy the pack once so this would be a worthless strategy and most people who buy the booster realize, after buying it once, that it is not viable.
  • Just bought a journey begins pack for 699 crystals and got 12 old ben shards, somebody give me a good slap upside the head...arrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!

    You should be extremely happy. You didn't get the minimum amount of shards.
  • How long will it last?
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    It would take 15 seconds to clear up the mystery right now, so it's fair to assume there is a reason the end date isn't just announced.



    HvvDuA9.gif

    EA execs probably love to watch the player base go bonkers for at least a few hours. If I had to bet, I'd bet that we'll find out once the event officially starts. But I'd also bet a little on your tin foil hat.
  • APX_919
    2406 posts Member
    How long will the event last?

    For me, probably about 15 minutes. For others, results may vary based on mods, RNGesus, gear level and so on.

    The duration of the event though is not yet known.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • This is third attempt to ask a simple question...I'd really appreciate it being left alone...

    How long will the CLS event last?
  • nulami wrote: »
    Just bought a journey begins pack for 699 crystals and got 12 old ben shards, somebody give me a good slap upside the head...arrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!

    You should be extremely happy. You didn't get the minimum amount of shards.
    :lol:
    But seriously.. have anyone here got 330 shards? If i ever get 330 shards, sure i'll screenshot it and post it everywhere so that all the world know. But i haven't see something like that.. my google search ended with nothing :flushed:
  • You're wrong
Sign In or Register to comment.