So what am I paying for again?

Replies

• Options
    So it doesn't count when the developers said they would be putting those "exclusives" into other shops? It doesnt count when they say the can and will change whatever they want and no notice? Games do this all of the time. It keeps the packs fresh. You are truly making this into a big deal when it's really not. Cause if you are ignoring all that then I can see why you can't understand what others are explaining.

You are incorrect sir lol.

Also I said I wanted everything for free? Uhhh....I spend money on this game not that it's really your problem unless you want to send a Lil over via PayPal or something?

I think you have the wrong idea. But hey if I'm trolling why are you feeding me?
  • Options
    So it doesn't count when the developers said they would be putting those "exclusives" into other shops? It doesnt count when they say the can and will change whatever they want and no notice? Games do this all of the time. It keeps the packs fresh. You are truly making this into a big deal when it's really not. Cause if you are ignoring all that then I can see why you can't understand what others are explaining.

You are incorrect sir lol.

Also I said I wanted everything for free? Uhhh....I spend money on this game not that it's really your problem unless you want to send a Lil over via PayPal or something?

I think you have the wrong idea. But hey if I'm trolling why are you feeding me?

The loudest voices can't be allowed to drown out the others who can't be bothered to respond to your comments.

The said they were putting them in the other shops AFTER they labeled them exclusive. **** I love how you can just spin **** however you feel. But people are stupid.
  • Options
    3. Entitlements

"Entitlements" are licensed rights granted, awarded, provided and/or purchased by you to access and/or use online or off-line elements or features of EA Services and/or products. Entitlements include but are not limited to paid and free downloadable content; unlockable content; digital content, including additional or enhanced functionality, content subscriptions; virtual assets; rights of use tied to unlock keys or codes, serial codes and/or online authentication of any kind; in-game achievements; virtual points, coins, or currencies (each individually or collectively defined as “EA Virtual Currency”).

5. EA Services, Content and Entitlement Availability

Entitlements may only be held in Accounts belonging to legal residents of countries where access to and use of Content and Entitlements is permitted. Entitlements may be purchased or acquired only from EA or an authorized retailer. EA reserves the right to refuse your request(s) to acquire Entitlements, and EA reserves the right to limit or block any request to acquire Entitlements for any reason.

We do not guarantee that any EA Services, Content or Entitlement will be available at all times, in all countries and/or geographic locations, or at any given time or that we will continue to offer particular Content or Entitlements for any particular length of time. We reserve the right to change and update Content and Entitlements without notice to you. Once you have redeemed your Entitlements, that content is not returnable, exchangeable, or refundable for other Entitlements or for cash, or other goods or services, subject to any rights of return you may have under Section 16 or under any applicable consumer law in your territory.
  • Options
    You should consider a gofundme account or possibly a white house petition. Clearly this a much larger social injustice than I originally thought. I can not believe EA has trampled your civil rights like this.

The part about them changing whatever whenever and no notice is in the ToS. And as with most close minded people you ignore everything you have no defense for because somewhere in your small soul you realize you are wrong but your pride....your stubborn pride just won't let you.

• Options
    This game favors greatly people who spend money, yet they are always complaining and thinking they are better than F2P. I will never be "thankful" to whales for keeping the game alive, its their choice to spend their money on this, doesnt make them in any way better than a F2P player.
    No one has ever told you chromium exclusive will always be exclusive, its natural for most games to make exclusive material open later on
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    The idea that you own nothing when you spend money is insane. That is certainly not how the other games I have played have done business. Honestly not how my own experience dealing with EA or Apple went either. Let's not digress...

Name one game where you actually "own" something you've purchased as a microtransaction.
    Oh wait, it must be that your only paying for early advantage. Where is this stated in the TOS or CG/EA policy?

Where was it stated that they would ever remain permanently exclusive?

Have you read the TOS? It expressly states that Disney/EA/CG owns the game and everything associated with it. That the above reserves the right to make any change to the game without prior notice.

If I spend my money on anything I own it. To use until it's exhaustion or in perpetuity as I see fit.

Talking about it any further violates the forum guidelines.

Wrong. I suggest consulting a lawyer if you think otherwise. You don't own a thing.

And it doesn't violate any forum guidelines, you just know you're wrong. Everything in this game is the intellectual property of Disney. EA/CG has the licensing rights to produce the game. You have been granted access to it. Your money grants you perks within that scope.
  • Vavasour
    102 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Rogerfan wrote: »
    This game favors greatly people who spend money, yet they are always complaining and thinking they are better than F2P. I will never be "thankful" to whales for keeping the game alive, its their choice to spend their money on this, doesn't make them in any way better than a F2P player.
    No one has ever told you chromium exclusive will always be exclusive, its natural for most games to make exclusive material open later on

What in the world gives you the impression that I seem to feel or think that I'm better than you?

That a very defensive, if not outright irrational, position to take over a discussion regarding exclusive game content. I don't know you, so I certainly can't assign value to you or anyone else on this forum.
  • Vavasour
    102 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Also, I didn't think I owned anything. I just hoped the exclusive stuff would stay exclusive.

That said, I can accept it well enough if that that's not EA's plans. I'll just stop buying Chromium packs. Pretty straight forward really.
  • Options
    On a side note, props to QGJM for making rational non-trolling level-headed posts on a consistent basis.
  • Options
    I love hearing the flawed argument that everything must trickle down to F2p players. Of course it must Bernie.

Oh wait, it must be that your only paying for early advantage. Where is this stated in the TOS or CG/EA policy? Or is it just the way you want it to be?

Bad precedent has left some loud people thinking they set the rules around here.

Where does it say whales get bonus stuff? Where does it say only whales can play?
    You are mistaken about several points, of course no one is going to concede to false information. But hey...maybe we all answered a chain email to come in here and lie about things. We are a part of the conspiracy you think exists.

As usual trolling garbage.

I'm not making any assertions that I need to defend. You are the one assuming a policy from EA or rather hoping for a policy that entitles you to everything in the game for free.

Shard shop exclusives should be only in the shard shop.

Chromium exclusive implies exclusivity to chromium packs which as stated are free if you choose to use crystals for them.

Use words and explain what I'm wrong about rather than just stomping your foot.

You're making an assumption that chromium toons were ever intended to remain permanently that way. At no point was this ever done.....ever.

You absolutely are making assertions that you feel the need, and are attempting to, defend. You've been doing it this whole time. Just like QGJM. Unfortunately the fantasy he created in his mind did not live up to the real world. This resulted in buyers remorse and, unfortunately his extremely self contradicting posts.
  • Options
    Telaan,

QGJM has been completely consistent in his position. Your emotive posts can't change that.
  • Options
    Vavasour wrote: »
    Also, I didn't think I owned anything. I just hoped the exclusive stuff would stay exclusive.

That said, I can accept it well enough if that that's not EA's plans. I'll just stop buying Chromium packs. Pretty straight forward really.

That's a good way to look at it. I stopped on chromiums for the most part (I bought one to test a thing last week) as they didn't seem like a great investment. When you feel the itch, go for energy refreshes instead, more bang for your buck.
  • MenaceTEC
    670 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The idea that you own nothing when you spend money is insane. That is certainly not how the other games I have played have done business. Honestly not how my own experience dealing with EA or Apple went either. Let's not digress...

Name one game where you actually "own" something you've purchased as a microtransaction.
    Oh wait, it must be that your only paying for early advantage. Where is this stated in the TOS or CG/EA policy?

Have you read the TOS? It expressly states that Disney/EA/CG owns the game and everything associated with it. That the above reserves the right to make any change to the game without prior notice.

If I spend my money on anything I own it. To use until it's exhaustion or in perpetuity as I see fit.

Wrong. I suggest consulting a lawyer if you think otherwise. You don't own a thing.

And it doesn't violate any forum guidelines, you just know you're wrong. Everything in this game is the intellectual property of Disney. EA/CG has the licensing rights to produce the game. You have been granted access to it. Your money grants you perks within that scope.

Wrong. Didn't take a lawyer. Just a couple emails. I'm now F2P and don't care who they nerf or how they change the game.
  • Options
    Telaan,

QGJM has been completely consistent in his position. Your emotive posts can't change that.

Of course his overall position has remained consistent. It attributes for 99% of his post history. But the substance of his posts are laughably contradictory disingenuous, and hypocritical. I've repeatedly asked him to validate his posts when he makes general statements about other games. I haven't gotten a straight answer from him yet. Tying yourself to a guy who demands thanks from people for spending money on a video game is not going to gain you much support.
    QGJM wrote: »
    if u Are F2P you should be happy to have whales who actually pay for your Game rather than insult them.

This ultimately sums up who he is. In the end you're thanking the biggest troll in your thread.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    On a side note, props to QGJM for making rational non-trolling level-headed posts on a consistent basis.

Thanx mate.
    if u Are F2P you should be happy to have whales who actually pay for your Game rather than insult them.

This is not trolling its just the truth.
    Or am wrong? This game needs paying people (the more they spend the better) and a big player base (which is even bigger if an game is f2p) but with no people who actually spend money there would be no more game... So I treat everyone respectfully and just want to be treated the same. Quite straight forward and no trolling here at all

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Wrong. Didn't take a lawyer. Just a couple emails. I'm now F2P and don't care who they nerf or how they change the game.

Lol

Thanx mate.

This is not trolling its just the truth.
    Or am wrong? This game needs paying people (the more they spend the better) and a big player base (which I even bigger if an game is f2p) but with no people who actually spend money there would be no more game... So I treat everyone respectfully and just want to be treated the same. Quite straight forward and no trolling here at all

This game requires everyone to be successful. Any game that loses the plankton, ultimately loses the whales. We all know it's paying customers like us that keep the lights on. But it's the symbiotic relationship that keeps it all healthy and working. The difference between you and me is that I don't demand acknowledgment for the money I've spent, that I had foreknowledge of the way these models work, I don't spread false information and misrepresent the Devs or the statements they make, and I didn't spend any money that if it were made for nothing tomorrow I wouldn't be ok with.
  • Options
    They are creating an exonomy or world. Pleople "live" in the universe. They can rule it a democracy, communist party, republic or empire. Anything they do and hiw they manage it impacts short term revenue, customer satisfaction, brand reputation and company risk.

They provide an invitation to live in this world in exchange from money that comes from oitside this world.

Saying they can do whatever they want is correct. But if decisions are perceived as despotic and without checks and balances, people will revolt. That why countries have laws and institutions and why empires tend to fall when they do not.

• Options
    @Jabberwocky
    That are just assumptions. With no proove.
    I say whales make the most revenues for the game. 10% of the high spenders make 60% of the revenues. So they better keep them happy

You're accusing him of making assumptions and providing no proof while making assumptions and providing no proof yourself.

Also what makes a whale? $500? $1k? $2k? All toons at 7*? What about someone who pays $1k for chromium vs $1k for energy refills?

Now who's making statements with no proof?

There's no way 10% of the spenders generate 60% of the revenue, you jyst pulled that figure out of your butt. There isn't enough to spend on for them to generate over half of the total revenue in the game. This is a top 10 grossing app, do the math.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Telaan
    Thanx for another (!!) emotional overreacting post full with stuff I never said!

I never said I don't want F2P to be successful. They are and they should be. No problem with that. And I don't need acknowledgment from anyone here. And I don't spread misinformation. So give it a rest.

I just said I don't spend any more money for stuff that felt exclusive (and a lot of others felt the same way for instance the OP) but wasn't and maybe that EA should have labeled such expensive stuff as "temporarily exclusive" but guess what? Then no one would have spend such an amount of money for that.

And by the way I see ONE BIG TROLL writing his own FAQs for the rest of the word how to understand it - YOU

So I am done with u. Go talk to my hand.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Regardless of where the majority of income is from (it varies from game to game and we don't have the numbers) the plankton and fish make up a majority of the playerbase. If they leave, you take a massive hit to your active player numbers, and whales lose people to play against / show off to and they often move on as well.

+1
  • Options
    @Jabberwocky
    I say whales make the most revenues for the game. 10% of the high spenders make 60% of the revenues. So they better keep them happy

You're accusing him of making assumptions and providing no proof while making assumptions and providing no proof yourself.

Also what makes a whale? $500? $1k? $2k? All toons at 7*? What about someone who pays $1k for chromium vs $1k for energy refills?

There's no way 10% of the spenders generate 60% of the revenue, you jyst pulled that figure out of your butt. There isn't enough to spend on for them to generate over half of the total revenue in the game. This is a top 10 grossing app, do the math.

You quoted the wrong person. Here's the poster you're looking for. ;)
    @Jabberwocky

• Options
    Well, the top 10% of the income pool in America pay 68% of the country's taxes. So it's not implausible.
  • Options
    @Jabberwocky

You quoted the wrong person. Here's the poster you're looking for. ;)
    @Jabberwocky

That was the forum system, I just clicked the quote reply.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Jabberwocky

Yes. I did the same. Assumptions with no proove so statement against statement. ;-)

@Jabberwocky
    U are the best. First throwing out numbers with no proove and then I did the same but with numbers Which support my point of view, to show u These are no reliable arguments at all and now you accuse me doing statements with no proove *LoL

Don't point to other people, start with yourself ;-)
  • Options
    @Telaan
    Thanx for another (!!) emotional overreacting post full with stuff I never said!

I never said I don't want F2P to be successful. They are and they should be. No problem with that. And I don't need acknowledgment from anyone here. And I don't spread misinformation. So give it a rest.

I just said I don't spend any more money for stuff that felt exclusive (and a lot of others felt the same way for instance the OP) but wasn't and maybe that EA should have labeled such expensive stuff as "temporarily exclusive" but guess what? Then no one would have spend such an amount of money for that.

And by the way I see ONE BIG TROLL writing his own FAQs for the rest of the word how to understand it - YOU

So I am done with u. Go talk to my hand.

The ultimate sign of a desperate attempt at trolling. Assigning emotion to text in an online forum. Epic fail. I appreciate the 90s reference though.

"Felt" exclusive. Now we have it and I appreciate the concession. It boils down to buyers remorse because you had a feeling about something that really had no basis in reality. Now I can understand why. You were baited into it by the vagueness of the whole scam. As soon as you didn't see the word "permanently exclusive", or some similar variation, it should've raised red flags.

The rest of your wishy washy posts I've gone over. You can't or won't give straight answers to the numerous genuine questions I've asked of you in just this thread.
  • Options
    @Jabberwocky

Yes. I did the same. Assumptions with no proove so statement against statement. ;-)

@Jabberwocky
    U are the best. First throwing out numbers with no proove and then I did the same but with numbers Which support my point of view, to show u These are no reliable arguments at all and now you accuse me doing statements with no proove *LoL

Don't point to other people, start with yourself ;-)

I didn't throw out any numbers at all, get it straight, it was the other guy.
  • Options
    Simple defenition of exclusive

: not shared : available to only one person or group
    : only allowing in people from a high social class
    : available to only a few people because of high cost

• Options
    Well, the top 10% of the income pool in America pay 68% of the country's taxes. So it's not implausible.

A guy, don't remember it's name posted a graphic in this forum with sales and player base of freemium games from F2p to whale and it was around that numbers I said but I don't know the source so I can't proove it atm.
  • Options
    Zombie wrote: »
    F2p players better get it straight: this game does not cater to them. And why should it? What do you do for the game except enjoy it. Whales FUND it! In a game where we compete against each other, sorry f2p players, you are the weakest link. Goodbye!

LOL - says you! Cherio old chap. Happy spending :D

I'm f2p. Never spent a dime. Just use common sense. You know this to be true. If you think you can compete with whales as a f2p you're on crack. If every f2p player quit this game would do just fine. So play to enjoy, not win.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I didn't throw out any numbers at all, get it straight, it was the other guy.
    Whales will be whales, they spend, sure, but it's the million people spending $20-50 a month that finance the game and keep the lights on and the servers humming.

@Jabberwocky
    Oh, sorry written numbers don't count, right?
    Oh, if the $ sign is before a number it's not really a number - how could I forget that. ;-)