So what am I paying for again?

Replies

• Options
    ;)
  • Options
    F2p players better get it straight: this game does not cater to them. And why should it? What do you do for the game except enjoy it. Whales FUND it! In a game where we compete against each other, sorry f2p players, you are the weakest link. Goodbye!

LOL - says you! Cherio old chap. Happy spending :D
  • Options
    @Vavasour @QGJM

Guys don't bother. The people arguing against you will never concede a point you make no matter what. They are root root rooting for the home team. All they care is what benefits them and they thinly veil it behind flawed arguments that rely solely only on their own opinions.

The idea that you own nothing when you spend money is insane. That is certainly not how the other games I have played have done business. Honestly not how my own experience dealing with EA or Apple went either. Let's not digress...

The obvious thing I see is this. Let's take QGJ for the sake of argument.

It's been stated you don't need to spend money to get him... You can earn enough crystals easily to draw a chromium pack every two days or day and a half.

Some try to use this to say "see he was already available to free players!" Well your right so there was no need to move him to a highly farmable shipment. Same for the other "chromium exclusives".

Do I want those characters like Lea and Lando? Sure. But I don't think I'm ENTITLED to them. People are accusing the OP and other whales commenting here of being entitled but it's the other way around.
  • Options
    I love hearing the flawed argument that everything must trickle down to F2p players. Of course it must Bernie.

Oh wait, it must be that your only paying for early advantage. Where is this stated in the TOS or CG/EA policy? Or is it just the way you want it to be?

Bad precedent has left some loud people thinking they set the rules around here.
  • Options
    Hey guys, the game was made for all. Whales or F2P. Like our former gamer said: "this game does not cater to them.". Correct! It caters for us.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    For the benefit of those who apparently missed it or have forgotten:
    Qui-Gon Jinn is now available in Cantina Shipments. Previously, Qui-Gon Jinn was only available by opening Chromium Packs. We will continue to move characters and their shards from being exclusively in Chromium Packs to other areas of the game as we add new characters.
    Emphasis mine.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • MenaceTEC
    670 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Qui-Gon Jinn is now available in Cantina Shipments. Previously, Qui-Gon Jinn was only available by opening Chromium Packs. We will continue to move characters and their shards from being exclusively in Chromium Packs to other areas of the game as we add new characters.
    Emphasis mine.

@Qeltar

This happened weeks ago with no advance notice. What does that matter? We all know it happened. Doesn't change the argument the OP makes or the one I make. Was this policy posted prior to them moving QGJ? I'd think that 98%? of the players don't read the forums. So maybe it should be in the description of the pack. "Temporarily exclusive to chromium packs"

Also you ignored 98%? of my argument.
  • Options
    It's simple economics. You give a timed exclusive on characters to paid content, and when you make the money you can, you rotate them out to the f2p population and offer new time exclusive paid characters to earn more money. And as Qeltar just reposted, the game told you as much.

If you want permanent exclusives, lobby the devs to create cosmetic content.
  • Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Emphasis mine.

@Qeltar

This happened weeks ago with no advance notice. What does that matter? We all know it happened. Doesn't change the argument the OP makes or the one I make. Was this policy posted prior to them moving QGJ? I'd think that 98%? of the players don't read the forums. So maybe it should be in the description of the pack. "Temporarily exclusive to chromium packs"

Hmmm, ok, NEXT......??
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @MenaceTEC - I'm not attempting to participate in this argument. I'm reminding people who are unhappy about Jinn being moved from chromium only to farmable that they have publicly stated that they plan to continue to do this, and people should adjust their expectations accordingly.
    Bottom line: If you are here only or mainly so you can get special goodies that nobody else will ever get, you are probably in the wrong place.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • MenaceTEC
    670 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Zombie wrote: »
    Emphasis mine.

@Qeltar

Hmmm, ok, NEXT......??

Another post expressing nothing.
  • Options
    I love hearing the flawed argument that everything must trickle down to F2p players. Of course it must Bernie.

Oh wait, it must be that your only paying for early advantage. Where is this stated in the TOS or CG/EA policy? Or is it just the way you want it to be?

Bad precedent has left some loud people thinking they set the rules around here.

Where does it say whales get bonus stuff? Where does it say only whales can play?
    You are mistaken about several points, of course no one is going to concede to false information. But hey...maybe we all answered a chain email to come in here and lie about things. We are a part of the conspiracy you think exists.
  • Options
    Yeah! High fives!! Go spend your money somewhere else. Buy a barbie doll or something.

LOOOOOL!!
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    I spend a lot and the chats going free don't bother me because new chars will always come and being ahead of curve makes it easier and that's what you pay for

This game is not pay to win but pay to advantage
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The idea that you own nothing when you spend money is insane. That is certainly not how the other games I have played have done business. Honestly not how my own experience dealing with EA or Apple went either. Let's not digress...

Name one game where you actually "own" something you've purchased as a microtransaction.
    Oh wait, it must be that your only paying for early advantage. Where is this stated in the TOS or CG/EA policy?

Where was it stated that they would ever remain permanently exclusive?

Have you read the TOS? It expressly states that Disney/EA/CG owns the game and everything associated with it. That the above reserves the right to make any change to the game without prior notice.
  • Options
    @Qeltar sorry! Misunderstood.

Just thought of course he had been moved. If he had not then his discussion wouldn't have even been started.

Continuing moving them is the OP objection.

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    I own Disney infinity Ashoka , darth Maul, anakin, Luke, leia, Hans solo, kylo and boba

I demand them free here! Oh wait already unlocked them nm move along ;( dang you Disney and your addictions
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    I did also just go back and check and as far as I can tell in game, no where does it say any characters are exclusive in any way to any kind of content. Chrome packs simple say they have a chance to unlock characters and / or character shards.
  • Options
    Zombie wrote: »
    Emphasis mine.

@Qeltar

Hmmm, ok, NEXT......??

Another post expressing nothing.

Exactly! So what you on about.......?? Paying or playing - we gonna get you in the end!
  • Options
    Even when they made Qui free, you had him at 5 or 6 star? They have to farm him from ground up. I am not mad they made him free. I was 20 shards short of 7* and making him farm free was awesome. Make maul farmable so I can get his last 10 shards too!
    Unless it is a must have guy, like QuiGon, does it matter? I use Leia 7* because I have her, is Geo or FOTP or Rey as good? Yep.
    Just enjoy it and move on, they will do whatever they will do.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • Options
    Jedisplice wrote: »
    Even when they made Qui free, you had him at 5 or 6 star? They have to farm him from ground up. I am not mad they made him free. I was 20 shards short of 7* and making him farm free was awesome. Make maul farmable so I can get his last 10 shards too!
    Unless it is a must have guy, like QuiGon, does it matter? I use Leia 7* because I have her, is Geo or FOTP or Rey as good? Yep.
    Just enjoy it and move on, they will do whatever they will do.

Well said pal! Rey is evil!! She can knok the living s out of you as is. QGJ is not much until 5 - 7*. THEN you have QGJ!! Happy gaming!
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    I spend a lot and the chats going free don't bother me because new chars will always come and being ahead of curve makes it easier and that's what you pay for

This game is not pay to win but pay to advantage

Good approach, fair enough. And it also incentivizes the majority to buy subscription plans for crystals to farm these previously exclusive characters.
  • meuslix
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I just want to say that everyone here assuming that SWGOH is anywhere remotely close to keeping the lights on at EA is a Fricking ****. The lights have been on there for 34 years, and if this whole game were gone, they would still be the 3rd largest game developer in the world behind Nintendo and blizzard. They announced 1 billion in digital sales (close to zero on inventory overhead there) in 2012. That number is bound to have increased since then, but let's just say it plateaud. Now let's say a 'whale' on SWGOH spent 5000$. It would take another 199999 more whales to get to that billion mark. I'm just not seeing that many whales on my arena. Just saying that SWGOH whales are having zero to little affect on utility bill payment ability by EA. That is all.
  • Options
    meuslix wrote: »
    I just want to say that everyone here assuming that SWGOH is anywhere remotely close to keeping the lights on at EA is a Fricking ****. The lights have been on there for 34 years, and if this whole game were gone, they would still be the 3rd largest game developer in the world behind Nintendo and blizzard. They announced 1 billion in digital sales (close to zero on inventory overhead there) in 2012. That number is bound to have increased since then, but let's just say it plateaud. Now let's say a 'whale' on SWGOH spent 5000$. It would take another 199999 more whales to get to that billion mark. I'm just not seeing that many whales on my arena. Just saying that SWGOH whales are having zero to little affect on utility bill payment ability by EA. That is all.

You mean some guy that spends 5k isn't a part owner?

Preach brother preach! That's what I've been saying. Do these folks think those guys are rolling around on their beds made of money reading this nonsense and feeling guilty? Lol!
  • Options

Where does it say whales get bonus stuff? Where does it say only whales can play?
    You are mistaken about several points, of course no one is going to concede to false information. But hey...maybe we all answered a chain email to come in here and lie about things. We are a part of the conspiracy you think exists.

As usual trolling garbage.

I'm not making any assertions that I need to defend. You are the one assuming a policy from EA or rather hoping for a policy that entitles you to everything in the game for free.

Shard shop exclusives should be only in the shard shop.

Chromium exclusive implies exclusivity to chromium packs which as stated are free if you choose to use crystals for them.

Use words and explain what I'm wrong about rather than just stomping your foot.
  • Options
    Where in game does it say any characters are exclusive to chromium packs?
  • Options

As usual trolling garbage.

I'm not making any assertions that I need to defend. You are the one assuming a policy from EA or rather hoping for a policy that entitles you to everything in the game for free.

Shard shop exclusives should be only in the shard shop.

Chromium exclusive implies exclusivity to chromium packs which as stated are free if you choose to use crystals for them.

Use words and explain what I'm wrong about rather than just stomping your foot.

No one promised you exclusivity forever. It was exclusive at the time of your purchase, but there were no promises not to change it going forward. Everything is fine.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Name one game where you actually "own" something you've purchased as a microtransaction.
    Oh wait, it must be that your only paying for early advantage. Where is this stated in the TOS or CG/EA policy?

Where was it stated that they would ever remain permanently exclusive?

Have you read the TOS? It expressly states that Disney/EA/CG owns the game and everything associated with it. That the above reserves the right to make any change to the game without prior notice.

If I spend my money on anything I own it. To use until it's exhaustion or in perpetuity as I see fit.

Talking about it any further violates the forum guidelines.