Military Might - Tier II

Prev134
My Rebel team strolled through to Round 8 on Military Might I. It then took me four attempts to beat Round 8 but I finally did so, unlocking Tier II in the process.

I still get to Round 8 with relative ease; I don't get there with as much Protection left as in Tier I but I still get there.
And then I die.
Not because the enemies hit particularly hard but because my whole team just spends the entire time being stunned. I don't do anything. I just watch for 5 minutes as my entire team gets stunned over and over and then the Emperor one-shot kills everything when it's his turn.
I've reached Round 8 five times now and I've honestly only had four actions in all those attempts.

How the heck are you supposed to do this??

Replies

• Options
    The general strategy is to use stHan to taunt and absorb all the stuns, while the rest of your team takes out Emp and any taunting RGs.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    My Phoenix squad breezes through first 7 waves.

Use Zeb's and Sabine's specials to Stagger EP. The RG's will kill themselves with all of the counters from Phoenix.
  • Options
    If you don't have Phoenix using STHan to taunt on the last wave works too.
  • Options
    Have STH taunt as said above or let Baze take the hits and cleanse with Chirrut or Rex
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Use leai , keep her stealthed and your golden
  • Options
    ST Han, for sure.

IF you're working with a newer line up you could try running Farmboy Luke Lead and see if the Tenacity helps, or go old school with an Old Ben Lead and hope for dodges.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Have you guys tried using Akbar ? I felt like there's a bug with him on tier 2. When I used him my team would get hits but not the red marks above indicating a hit. So ackbar was useless. After ackbar died then all of a sudden red marks showed up. In tier one no problems with Akbar.
  • Options
    Phoenix squad was awesome but I don't have them all up in the 80s for it to be perfect
  • Options
    I'm using the Phoenix crew and have been trying to activate the Taunts on either Chopper or Kanan but they get stunned every time before I can do either. Then I just sit and watch the team get killed.

The only thing I could try that I haven't yet is subbing out one of the team for Ezra?
    I'm currently using Hera as my Leader, with Sabine, Zeb, Chopper and Kanan. If I tried it with Ezra, who should I take out to make room for him?
    He's currently only level 51 so I might have to wait for the next time this event comes up.
  • Options
    I have had the same problem as stated in the original post. I wonder if bumping up my squads speed would help. They don't have any good speed secondaries. Extremely slow squad.
  • Options
    siIan is great and rex, too. They are the key for victory (and ackbar in alternative)
  • Options
    Breezed through it using CLS (L), R2, Rex and Chaze
  • Options
    I have had the same problem as stated in the original post. I wonder if bumping up my squads speed would help. They don't have any good speed secondaries. Extremely slow squad.
    It will help. A faster squad is more likely to go before the other team
  • Options
    If it was only easy to switch mods from toon to toon. Ugh.
  • Options
    wiggs cls r2 jyn. hit auto, 3*
  • Options
    Easy auto
  • Options
    Thanks for all the ****-swinging - the answers telling us how easy it is. Well done you, you definitely pee higher than anyone else. You're awesome. What helpful replies you've posted. Thanks a lot! Knowing you've been playing the game longer than me and therefore have a better team has really helped me complete it. You rock!
    Now go away.

The rest of you, the ones who have actually posted helpful comments, thank you! :smiley:
  • Options
    I just use Wedge's special on palp, then hit him with CLS and he dies :p
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    HR Scout is a rock star in this event. Any time you are battling nothing but imperials, don't ignore the Scout. Pair him up with Wiggs lead and St Han, you are pretty well ready to go. I bring Farmboy Luke along for the fifth spot. Use Scout or Luke to land a stun on Palpatine. Save St Han taunt for the final round, like the others have said. Don't forget about the special event ability if you need it, it is pretty good.
  • Options
    "How the heck are you supposed to do this??"

So I told you how I did it. Go kitten yourself.
  • Options
    Full clone squad works well.. finished both teirs full protection still
  • Options
    MykCnoE wrote: »
    "How the heck are you supposed to do this??"

So I told you how I did it. Go kitten yourself.

You did and I thanked you for that. :-)
  • Options
    In the very first militart might event biggs was the secret weapon... him gaining 100% tm negated stuns... i know somewhere there was a vid of him nearly singlehandedly clearing the last stage.

Maybe a good samaritan can resurrect it for this thread...

But wiggs & sthan were the orginal trio used to make this event doable...
  • Options
    I beat it for the first time today with Wiggs, LANDO, sthan and r2. R2 is what made the difference for me from previous attempts. I didn't try phoenix because they're lower geared but I could see them maybe working
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Breezed through with Wiggs, Chirrut, Leia and STH.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    I'm using the Phoenix crew and have been trying to activate the Taunts on either Chopper or Kanan but they get stunned every time before I can do either. Then I just sit and watch the team get killed.

The only thing I could try that I haven't yet is subbing out one of the team for Ezra?
    I'm currently using Hera as my Leader, with Sabine, Zeb, Chopper and Kanan. If I tried it with Ezra, who should I take out to make room for him?
    He's currently only level 51 so I might have to wait for the next time this event comes up.

Think you just might be under geared and/or modded. Bonus round is basically a hand me out if you got most of your heroes at GX.

I believe Ezra is by far one of the better Phoenix heroes and is a must like Hera. I would just play around on who to replace but I'm guessing Ezra could probably replace Sabine instead of Chopper for survivabilty.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I have had good luck with Zody lead clones or Princess Zody squad. The Clone team uses Rex to resist the stuns and it's pretty much game over. Don't give up RNGesus will help eventually.
  • Options
    Nice to have a challenge eh? Something to aim for.
  • Options
    Rex could be helpfull for you guys in round 8
  • Options
    I think the new standard in giving advice on clearing events should be to include characters AND speed. These events rely heavily on having enough TM on the final stage so that the "boss" doesn't blow you away with a cycle of uninterrupted stuns / hits.

The first time I cleared the bonus round it was very difficult and I had to run it a couple of times and purposely take more damage on stage 7 of 8 so that ST Han would be almost max TM when i encountered palp and RGs. If you don't have maxed out toons, your goal should be to manage your attacks on the last stage so that ST Han would be the next to attack. It's tough (took me 3 or 4 attempts) but doable.

Otherwise, you should switch up mods so that your toons have over 200 speed. I cleared the event on auto with:

Wedge (L): 170
    Biggs: 180
    CLS: 231
    Leia: 233
    Lando: 149

These speed numbers are 60 - 90 over base (except Lando +34), so admittedly tough to achieve, but if you can come within 20 speed less of these you should be able to clear it no problem. Otherwise, you can use this as a target speed to achieve for future events.

Hope this info helps in the future.
This discussion has been closed.