Military Might - Tier II

Replies

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Z2gop wrote: »
    Have you guys tried using Akbar ? I felt like there's a bug with him on tier 2. When I used him my team would get hits but not the red marks above indicating a hit. So ackbar was useless. After ackbar died then all of a sudden red marks showed up. In tier one no problems with Akbar.

I had this bug a few times in raids shortly after the territory battles update. It would just randomly start happening partway through a raid, and all counters would disappear. Changing speed from 4x to 1x had no effect. Happened in Rancor and HAAT. Figured they fixed it as the last few raids I had no issue.

Happened to me again though doing military might on one of the tiers. Don't use Ackbar though.
  • Options
    My team, but you are going to know when to use their abilities correctly.

Wedge(L), G8(All abilities around level 7)
    Biggs, G9(2/3 abilities maxed)
    Stormtrooper Han, G9(Only leadership ability maxed)
    Lando, G11(All abilities maxed)
    R2D2, G9(All abilities are at level 7)

My highest speed toon is R2 with 183. Just saying, Wedge/Akbar lead is amazing in this event =)
    If you don't have R2 you can replace him with Akbar
  • Options
    I did it with Wedge, Biggs, K2SO, Ackbar and Farmboy Luke (all level 82, gear 9-10). Speed mods only on Wedge and Biggs.
    If you needed four attempts to unlock tier I maybe for now you are not strong enough. Anyway my strategy was to stun Palpatine with Luke meanwhile with Biggs I cleaned all the royal guards.
  • Options
    I find Raid Han to be great for this, especially since his opening stun can be used to keep Palp down for a while. But at lower gear levels, STH is basically a necessity. You just have to work it out so that his taunt can be used early in rd. 8.
  • Options
    Rex is your best friend with his Ten Up. Chirrut can be too.
  • Options
    Mike_ITA wrote: »
    I did it with Wedge, Biggs, K2SO, Ackbar and Farmboy Luke (all level 82, gear 9-10). Speed mods only on Wedge and Biggs.
    If you needed four attempts to unlock tier I maybe for now you are not strong enough. Anyway my strategy was to stun Palpatine with Luke meanwhile with Biggs I cleaned all the royal guards.

Huh. That's the same team I've been using and I can't get past the fourth round. My team is all at least level 80 and gear 8 or 9.
  • Options
    Leader Wedge,
    St Han
    R2
    Lando
    Jyn
    Using Jyn to select Lando you get 2x AOE s which destroy most,
    R2 to Stun and stealth leaving StHsn when he s on Cooldown with his Taunt,
    Wedge heals them all and Bonus AOE,
    Walked through 2nd Tier
  • Options
    oh my.....just press auto..its a very easy event
  • Options
    Mihai29 wrote: »

Um, no. Got destroyed even quicker on auto.
  • Options
    Chagoth wrote: »
    Mihai29 wrote: »

Um, no. Got destroyed even quicker on auto.

Lol.. he might have g12 team with scary mods, same as me :scream:
  • Options
    Thanks for all the helpful comments; it's appreciated even if I don't always have the characters that your reply says that you used! It's still helpful to see how others have done it.
  • Options
    It's not that hard, probably the people having trouble have pretty weak toons and mods. Auto both days w Wiggs, STH, R2, Lando. Only R2 has decent mods, others are mediocre at best.
  • Options
    newbornFL wrote: »
    i still dont understand why is it ok for them to use an One hit kill character with 5 Stunners and Taunters?

This is the Emperor we are talking about. He's not going to take it easy on you. It's supposed to be a challenge. Just be thankful you don't also have to deal with Vader in the same round.
  • Options
    My strategy on the last round has been to stun Palp and then deal with the guards first. The guards are relatively squishy, so then I can lay into him without getting interrupted.
  • Options
    Helpful thread, I beat tier 2 for the first time using my Phoenix squad:
    Hera(L) G9
    Ezra G10
    Kanan G8
    Zeb G8
    Sabine G7

In the end, only Hera and Ezra survived the mission. I got lucky with Palpatine picking up targets.
  • Options
    i used:
    wiggs
    r2d2 (no zetas)
    sth
    cls (only zeta on leader)

they have arround +45 speed on their base speed.
    i beat the extra tier without losing protection.
  • Options
    I used a wiggs, lando, leia, cls squad. I hit auto. 3*
  • Options
    Lol I just did tier 2 of Military Might with gear 7-8 Phoenix level 80
  • Ben_Sunwalker
    351 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Wow so many kitten posts.... "I hit auto and win" is probably the closest indication of a lie.
    Either way, here's my advice for you bud: firstly, a good indicator for this event is Palpatine's event - if you are able to clear it, you should at least be arriving on the final stage of Tier I. From then on, if your goal is not focusing on Rebels (mine wasn't), it's a matter of trial and error until you get the gear and mods high enough to clear both Tiers.
    Just keep upgrading them one by one and see the difference it makes in your fight. For example: you have a Rebel team full of 7* Gear 7 toons. Didn't finish? Get your best rebel toon to Gear 8, then try again. And so forth.
    I finished with Wiggs G9 (L), CLS G11, Biggs G9, Ezra G11 and R2 (Gear 9).
    As others pointed out, just try to put a stun on Palp before the RGs taunt - after they do, hit them hard and pray Palp doesn't take out your strongest toon.
    But the best advice is to upgrade gear level on toons, and again, if your focus isnt rebels, just upgrade 1 by 1.
    Hope it helped!
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    I beat Tier 2 for the first time yesterday with phoenix (sabine excluded). All G8, 7*, level 80+, omega uniques. No speed mods to speak of except a speed arrow on Ezra.

One thing I haven't heard anyone mention is to remember that the RGs won't stun once their health is in the yellow. My strategy was to suck up the stuns with chopper taunt while I worked each RG health bar into the yellow. Meanwhile try to stagger EP and then stun him using zeb (and calling zeb with hera and ezra). Set up Hera's revive on taunter if possible. That said it was still tough at these levels with EP one-shots; lost 3 toons yesterday and 2 today.
  • Options
    Its easy... complete it with all 5 toons left every time is comes out... they need a new higher/harder tier IMO.
  • Options
    I used Ackbar (L), Han Solo (raid), R2D2, leia, and ahsoka tano (fulcrum), easy to do tier 2.
  • Options
    Rogue 1 rebels made it easy for me. I.e. Jyn, Cassian, Chaze, K2
  • Options
    R2 to stun palp....rex tenacity up, R2 stealths and gives 5s retribution, wiggs have fun fun fun. Cleared in no time. You can even sub in lando for rex without any problems. With rebels, just make sure R2 is as fast as he can be to stun early and get that stealth up. 5s is much tankier than han, and his slow and counters help out as well. No zetas needed but R2s always help.

Or just go clone army on them. With clones, get rex and cody as fast as you can so rex can tenacity up quick and cody can 212th often. CS can remove TM on his AoE, and echos dispell can clear the taunts to let you 212 palp. Cody Zeta is a big help here.
  • Options
    I have Wiggs lead, R2, K2 and Zassian as support. K2 starts each phase with a number of buffs including tenacity and taunt. So all the RGs focus their attention on him allowing Wiggs, R2 and Zassian to knock out Palps first to avoid his one shot shock.
  • Options
    Globuhl wrote: »
    Helpful thread, I beat tier 2 for the first time using my Phoenix squad:
    Hera(L) G9
    Ezra G10
    Kanan G8
    Zeb G8
    Sabine G7

In the end, only Hera and Ezra survived the mission. I got lucky with Palpatine picking up targets.
    The same team eventually 3-starred the event. I'm very happy with these guys. Good job Phoenix squad!
  • Options
    Qgj or ackbar lead. Raid han stun ftw.
    Gear 8-9
  • Options
    Gear 8-9

Can u use Qgj? as far as i remembel, it's rebel or clone hmm
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Gear 8-9

Can u use Qgj? as far as i remembel, it's rebel or clone hmm

No you cant use QGJ, this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Options
    CLS (L), Biggs, Wedge, R2, Ackbar or Rex.

Only zeta I had was "it binds all things".

Both time sailed through it without issue. They need to add a third tier to address the power creep of the new rebels.
This discussion has been closed.