Character Strategy BB-8

Replies

• Yay! More new toons without new content. AND NO.. TB was not anything new. It was a travesty of 9 months of development work.

According to your own definition of "content". Whether it was the "content" you wanted or not, it's still content.

Sure. I'm fairly certain EA thinks new toons are "content", for example. I define content as something you can play & replay. New content imho is not rehashed versions of what we already have. The last "new content" was 9 months ago.
  • Nobody has asked the real question so far :

" how do we acquire this toon????? " . Would BB8 be a toon to acquire with money , or do you want us to collect 5-toons-team again? If it is a 5-toons-team : when is the event ? and which characters do we need ? Since the Thrawn and cls events , I cant rely this type of information to leave it on last min.

Personally , My trust on CGs are seriously shaken after hiding TB mandatory toon ( CLS) behind 2-team -requirement for freshly reached 85lvl players. (5x.7stars empire toons to acquire R2 , THEN complete the useless( for 85lvl+) toons' team to get 1 serious pvp character)
    Oh ! I am sorry; Before the whales comment, This game is not for new or recent started players is it ? Or should I also add F2P to that list too?

" how do we acquire this toon????? " . Would BB8 be a toon to acquire with money , or do you want us to collect 5-toons-team again? If it is a 5-toons-team : when is the event ? and which characters do we need ? Since the Thrawn and cls events , I cant rely this type of information to leave it on last min.

Personally , My trust on CGs are seriously shaken after hiding TB mandatory toon ( CLS) behind 2-team -requirement for freshly reached 85lvl players. (5x.7stars empire toons to acquire R2 , THEN complete the useless( for 85lvl+) toons' team to get 1 serious pvp character)
    Oh ! I am sorry; Before the whales comment, This game is not for new or recent started players is it ? Or should I also add F2P to that list too?

Lots have asked that question actually.....
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Nobody has asked the real question so far :

" how do we acquire this toon????? " .

People just know it would be pointless to ask. If Cozi wanted to answer that question, she would have put the information in the post rather than putting question marks where it would go.
  • Kat wrote: »
    The game update said new character and bundle, so u have ur answer for the marquee.
    can't it be FO bundle to do the quest to get the droid?
  • @Bomroll yup that quote nails my sentiment....I hit all but two or three possible waves in TB. Right now my pocket book is closed until true new content is rolled out. Hopefully other whales follow suit.
  • I think that BB8 is gonna be one of the required toons to get Jedi Rey in her upcoming Hero Journey (speculations, not confirmed). If it really is so, it can cause a riot among the player base, when the character, required to be at 7* for this journey, is hidden behind the Marquee event and the long farm afterwards.
  • So who do you leave out of the resistance team in TB now? Assuming R2 is already running with a CLS team? Take out pilot? Or trooper?
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Hopefully the Whales are getting tired of the strategy.
    That's when we will see change.
    $$$$$££££££££$$$$$$$$$$
  • Silky wrote: »
    So who do you leave out of the resistance team in TB now? Assuming R2 is already running with a CLS team? Take out pilot? Or trooper?

Never trooper. Finn rt and Poe are essential. I like rey and rp still for tb
  • Silky wrote: »
    So who do you leave out of the resistance team in TB now? Assuming R2 is already running with a CLS team? Take out pilot? Or trooper?

Rey, maybe? She doesn't expose.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Guest wrote: »
    No one is worried by the fact we will be needing 7* star FO to unlock him ? Yes, not said. But as always, we will need the opposite faction to unlock him. So new players get doomed (polite version) again ?
    Not to mention all carbantis and stun cuff/gun he will be needing.
    How do you know it wont be a marquee event?

Because BB-8 is a major SW figurehead, and the current droid mascot if you will. Also if it was marquee he probably would've been released with the Veterans
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    70 turns lol! You will never use it on arena right?

Def seems like they had TB in mind with that ability.

*Cough Cough* *Raids* (P2/4 Tank)
  • MmoProNick wrote: »
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Guest wrote: »
    No one is worried by the fact we will be needing 7* star FO to unlock him ? Yes, not said. But as always, we will need the opposite faction to unlock him. So new players get doomed (polite version) again ?
    Not to mention all carbantis and stun cuff/gun he will be needing.
    How do you know it wont be a marquee event?

Because BB-8 is a major SW figurehead, and the current droid mascot if you will. Also if it was marquee he probably would've been released with the Veterans

Is he a veteran....or a smuggler. I've jumped on the legendary train but your logic isnt very good.
  • Guys.
    Think about all the legendary toons release.
    Now tell me that BB8 is on par, relevance wise, with those toons. You can't, can you?
    Marquee event obviously.
  • Guys.
    Now tell me that BB8 is on par, relevance wise, with those toons. You can't, can you?
    Marquee event obviously.

I completely agree but Ahnald did say legendary so well see.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Guys.
    Marquee event obviously.

I completely agree but Ahnald did say legendary so well see.

Well if this guy is a legendary of the likes of EP, R2, Yoda, Luke and Thrawn, then I feel bad for the Star Wars franchise.
  • Did anyone noticed ? 16k power with all abilities maxed out at G11 -> No zeta required. Finally !
  • BB8 and BB9 together come on!!! Throw in a surprise please!
  • With this Resistance passes clones for HAAT IMO.
  • Guys.
    Marquee event obviously.

I would guarantee that more population of the world would recognize BB8 before they would Thrawn. BB8 could totally be a legendary event character.
  • Just from watching @AhnaldT101 's video...that 70 turn CD is really more like a 4-5 turn CD if you're in PVE and Resistance is rolling. It appears to me that the CD is reduced on EACH ally turn for each ally that has the buff. So on BB8 first move, you give the buff...then the next 4 Res perform specials, which gives them all the buff. Once all 5 have the buff, each cycle through the res team will knock 25 CD off of BB8. 5 total turns x 5 allies with the buff. Not 100% sure, but from the video shown when the CD moves from 58 to 45 in 1 turn for BB8 that's what I see it doing based on the # that had the buff and the ally turns taken between BB8's turns.
  • Just from watching @AhnaldT101 's video...that 70 turn CD is really more like a 4-5 turn CD if you're in PVE and Resistance is rolling. It appears to me that the CD is reduced on EACH ally turn for each ally that has the buff. So on BB8 first move, you give the buff...then the next 4 Res perform specials, which gives them all the buff. Once all 5 have the buff, each cycle through the res team will knock 25 CD off of BB8. 5 total turns x 5 allies with the buff. Not 100% sure, but from the video shown when the CD moves from 58 to 45 in 1 turn for BB8 that's what I see it doing based on the # that had the buff and the ally turns taken between BB8's turns.

I have to say all toons with the large cool downs work well. Dn at 8 works well, paos cooldowns go quick as well.

If you think leia, old ben and sth are useless at lvl 85 you are a fool
  • My FO team is 7* G11 with zetas on Kylo and Phasma. I hope you need FO to unlock BB-8.
  • I´d rather get C3PO to be honest...

Looking ahead, I don´t really care if its marquee or legendary, I only wish we have time and a fair warning if BB8 will be needed for the obvious Rey´s Hero Journey

I have been lv 85 for almost a year now, and completely F2P, so I always struggle to keep up with everything that is going on, but I know the consequences of being F2P so I can´t complain. I only ask for adequate information beforehand to be ready for these events.

For Luke´s Journey you gave us a little over 2 weeks notice with all the toons needed, and they were all accessible in cantina or other forms of quick farm.

SO PLEASE PLEASE let us know if this toon is going to need FO to be unlocked, because I would have to start farming today to have a 7* FO team by the time you release Jedi Rey.

Much appreciated
  • drachen wrote: »

They were at the time
  • I hope no one buys this. I hope they also make it a requirement for territory battle or a legendary event and try to force people to buy it, and still no one buys it. I'm an admitted dolphin, and EA's blatant disregard for equal content for the dark side sickens me to the point I am near giving up. There hasn't been a single dark sider since JUNE. Not only that, but they won't even bother to give us ways to farm the characters needed for other facets of the game. Ships anyone? Forget it, just give us another Han, you know you want to
  • drachen
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    drachen wrote: »

They were at the time

Not really. I ran old ben in arena and stayed top 50. Leia has been a damage machine the entire time and sth is intergal to a number of teams.

Frankly I am more annoyed with this event as it requires not 1 but 2 long farms to be ready. That's just crazy. I guess the good news for me is my droids suck and I don't really need BB for resistance.