Character Strategy BB-8

Replies

• Clanomadd wrote: »
    Wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. More LS toons. I LOVE the Resistance team under zFinn.... and I'm still disappointed by the news.

When r2 was released it was pretty much a given that BB8 was coming. Last nail in the Haat coffin p2! With helping droid viability more. Also veteran smugglers and now BB8 - we are on the road of tlj. Now legendary arguments aside- please let it be 7* event unlocked by res. (Me being selfish)

If BB8 is a 7* unlock I will be happy; I don't care if it requires Resistance or FO.

Haha no let it be res! But I smell marquee here

IDK why, but I think it's going to be a legendary event that requires FO...
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • I don't know how this would work in arena. TB, raids etc sure ... but arena?
  • Another overpowered toon. This game is becoming hopeless. Every new character upsets the balance that was created before it in the game. How about balancing the game before creating new characters? Next character will instant kill 2 opposing characters on first move. This game is going downhill. No strategy needed, just who goes first and uses annihilate abilities to eliminate the other team.
  • Hskull55 wrote: »
    Clanomadd wrote: »
    Wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. More LS toons. I LOVE the Resistance team under zFinn.... and I'm still disappointed by the news.

When r2 was released it was pretty much a given that BB8 was coming. Last nail in the Haat coffin p2! With helping droid viability more. Also veteran smugglers and now BB8 - we are on the road of tlj. Now legendary arguments aside- please let it be 7* event unlocked by res. (Me being selfish)

If BB8 is a 7* unlock I will be happy; I don't care if it requires Resistance or FO.

IDK why, but I think it's going to be a legendary event that requires FO...

Mayhaps-
    I would enjoy res - BB8
    Fo- bb9
    But! I'll take a 7* BB8

• Another overpowered toon. This game is becoming hopeless. Every new character upsets the balance that was created before it in the game. How about balancing the game before creating new characters? Next character will instant kill 2 opposing characters on first move. This game is going downhill. No strategy needed, just who goes first and uses annihilate abilities to eliminate the other team.

I dont think hes that OP, his unique buff is dispelable. There'll be ways to combat him.
  • I honestly think that this will be a Marquee event. I mean Darth freaking Nihilus was a Marquee event, so perhaps there is hope for fools like me who didn't farm Resistance or FO.....
  • UdalCuain
    4991 posts Member
    edited September 2017

I agree. The game update status mentions pack bundles. My money is on 5-330 BB-8 shard packs.

Edit: changed "pacman" to "packs".

I agree. The game update status mentions pack bundles. My money is on 5-30

On the reverse side - could also be a faction one as well. Only time will tell.

I agree. The game update status mentions packman bundles. My money is on 5-30

Yea everything screams marquee event.
    I honestly think that this will be a Marquee event. I mean Darth freaking Nihilus was a Marquee event, so perhaps there is hope for fools like me who didn't farm Resistance or FO.....

Exactly.
  • The game update said new character and bundle, so u have ur answer for the marquee.
    He's only OP for raid, he give all that u need for make the haat easier for a resistance team: tenacity down, potency up and daze. I think with him we should be able to do P2 to P4 now...
    Hey be indulgent pls, my english is just basic!
  • Guest wrote: »
    No one is worried by the fact we will be needing 7* star FO to unlock him ? Yes, not said. But as always, we will need the opposite faction to unlock him. So new players get doomed (polite version) again ?
    Not to mention all carbantis and stun cuff/gun he will be needing.

If we need FO I'll be hosed. I've been working on FOTP and FOST for quite a while and am not even feasibly within reach of 7* on either unless they move them to Cantina nodes.
  • Viserys wrote: »
    Guest wrote: »
    No one is worried by the fact we will be needing 7* star FO to unlock him ? Yes, not said. But as always, we will need the opposite faction to unlock him. So new players get doomed (polite version) again ?

If we need FO I'll be hosed. I've been working on FOTP and FOST for quite a while and am not even feasibly within reach of 7* on either unless they move them to Cantina nodes.

$10 packs though plus a faction pack
  • Yay! More new toons without new content. AND NO.. TB was not anything new. It was a travesty of 9 months of development work.
  • Yay! More new toons without new content. AND NO.. TB was not anything new. It was a travesty of 9 months of development work.

Just curious what would be new content for you?
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Yay! More new toons without new content. AND NO.. TB was not anything new. It was a travesty of 9 months of development work.

Just curious what would be new content for you?

A few dozen new PvP modes. New Raid with new mechanics. New ship raid with new mechanics. Mini Raids.

Practice modes for arena and existing pve.

Basically anything but waves of snoretroopers using the same basic mechanics we already have in LS/DS battles.

• Baze owns his special lol
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited September 2017

Cool another Legendary Event
  • Viserys wrote: »
    Guest wrote: »

$10 packs though plus a faction pack

Pretty unlikely to be worth it, not to mention the shards from whatever pack are likely to still not be enough
  • capifico22 wrote: »
    Baze owns his special lol
    Since when does Baze make a single move in a match-up against Resistance ? ^^
  • At least the 70 turn cooldown make's Nihilus's cooldown increase seem laughable.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m

I agreeeeee with the marqueeeee.
    Unless I missed something, there’s no zetas mentioned. Marquee all the way.
  • Yeah great but bring us some new sandboxes to play with these new toys. TB needs more oomph and genuinely unique content. A few dozen more toons to gear is only good if we can use them. I'm grinding TB to gear 12+ toons to fight the same boring fights in arena. This toon is expected, has some interesting mechanics, but who cares if he's good for raids? When I was forced into switching guilds due to TB I'm in a guild that beats both raids in minutes. The only halfway fun thing anymore is GW, but then again I'm a kraken and GW has become not fun for ordinary players having to play ridiculous squads. I was excited for TB for months; I think it has potential but it needs to offer up some different play mechanics.. It is the same old PvE a little bit dressed up on a guild-wide basis. So hooray for another new toon but let me know when you do something that really adds value.
  • MathYouC wrote: »

I agreeeeee with the marqueeeee.
    Unless I missed something, there’s no zetas mentioned. Marquee all the way.

They don't always put zetas in the kit release.
  • capifico22 wrote: »
    Baze owns his special lol
    Baze will quite probably be dead or stunned by the time BB-8 uses his special.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Jamesm wrote: »

In the initial screenshot, he has 5 abilities, all maxed, yet only 16.6k GP. That pretty much means no zetas. Of course, everything is subject to change before going live, so it's all speculation at this point.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    Jamesm wrote: »

In the initial screenshot, he has 5 abilities, all maxed, yet only 16.6k GP. That pretty much means no zetas. Of course, everything is subject to change before going live, so it's all speculation at this point.

Thats a fair point, tho if it is a legendary event that would be pretty odd.

LOL....overreact much? He's not even going to be viable against the top arena teams....BB8 won't change the meta at all.

According to your own definition of "content". Whether it was the "content" you wanted or not, it's still content.
  • Yeah great but bring us some new sandboxes to play with these new toys. TB needs more oomph and genuinely unique content. A few dozen more toons to gear is only good if we can use them. I'm grinding TB to gear 12+ toons to fight the same boring fights in arena. This toon is expected, has some interesting mechanics, but who cares if he's good for raids? When I was forced into switching guilds due to TB I'm in a guild that beats both raids in minutes. The only halfway fun thing anymore is GW, but then again I'm a kraken and GW has become not fun for ordinary players having to play ridiculous squads. I was excited for TB for months; I think it has potential but it needs to offer up some different play mechanics.. It is the same old PvE a little bit dressed up on a guild-wide basis. So hooray for another new toon but let me know when you do something that really adds value.

I'm going to quote someone who I thought put it well

"I have to admit that if TBs aren't tuned susbtantially from what they are, I'll probably bow out before too long also. I'm not interested in spending just for the sake of collecting. Give us a challenge and reward us for beating it."

his unique buff is despellable and his special is on a 70 turn cool down saying he is op is just silly to say the least.