Character Strategy BB-8

Replies

• New post confirming that BB-8 is unlocked through a legendary event requiring First Order. There will also be packs to get shards for First Order characters. Event starts the 28th and there will be double drops from 22nd to 25th.
  • Aarcher wrote: »
    DarkPiece wrote: »
    No Poe synergies?????

Um... 25% potency not good enough for you? Every Resistance char is going to be using Specials, so very quickly everyone will have it. Each new special reduces cooldown of the redonkulous skill by 5.

If only Resistance could string together a bunch of turns in a row that cooldown will be reduced with a quickness

This!!!! :smiley:

• I'm pretty disappointed at the cash grab of this game. Once again there is only a weeks notice to farm a team that a majority of players probably does not have. Two of the members are hard nodes only and they require 4 zetas to be good for anything other than offense mods so I have had no interest in farming them. Yet another new character I won't be getting because I refuse to spend $80 on this game.
  • It sucks that it requires FO which I haven't caught up enough to focus on farming, but I don't need him right away. If he is required for a legendary journey for Rey (which I believe having a heroes fall event for DS Anakin would be a better decision to release) then I believe they'll give us another chance at this event before launching Rey's event.
  • A normal CLS team with Zolo, GK, BB-8 and R2. Possible meta?
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    A normal CLS team with Zolo, GK, BB-8 and R2. Possible meta?

I hate rebels :/
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    bleh
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    I just made a post about possible new meta change with BB-8 and it got removed almost immediately with no reason, not even just moved to a different section. Thanks.

Edit: remaking the post it hopes it won't be deleted again.

They're not getting deleted, they're getting moved to the BB8 mega thread. Just like this one did...
  • STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    A normal CLS team with Zolo, GK, BB-8 and R2. Possible meta?

I hate rebels :/

Current meta though unfortunately for DS lovers, funny how this game has made people hate the heroes.
  • The people who’ve been saying for months that we should farm Resistance and First Order because Episode VIII was coming out were right all along.
  • glad new characters are set to come , found it weird, BB-8's Illuminated Destiny is on 70cooldown?

#darthrevannextplease
  • My problem with all the new character is that their speed is somewhere between 150-170 making every older hero with speed 100-120 more or less useless unless they are counter attackers or get TM from every **** move.
  • Emmm. I think for arena is just impossible to make him working. I mean, he has 0 prot, zeeeerrrrooooo, and yes, every time he takes damage he has a 50% of getting foresight.

With full g12 piezes he has 24k health. If modded only for health he could reach what, 33k, 35k health?

zHan shot first bypass foresigh hits him twice for 38 - 45k dmg (regular modding) and bye bye bb8 on first turn.

Even with great secondaries boosting his prot he will be dead in turn 1 always.

Maybe is great in raids or TB, but in arena with the current meta no way.
  • On its full gear list : 300 Carbanti :neutral:
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • 0 protection seems more like a typo/bug...
  • BB8!?!? ...and I thought we would be getting a 1977 12-Back C Han Solo (small head Han)

Way to throw us a curve-ball EA... guess our full squad of Solos will have to wait ;P
  • Conner wrote: »
    I'm pretty disappointed at the cash grab of this game. Once again there is only a weeks notice to farm a team that a majority of players probably does not have. Two of the members are hard nodes only and they require 4 zetas to be good for anything other than offense mods so I have had no interest in farming them. Yet another new character I won't be getting because I refuse to spend $80 on this game.

Got to disagree with you there.
    It's not a cash grab when the requirement is for characters being there since 2015. They are accessible, farmable characters in lower tier nodes that don't even take much energy. Had you been casually farming them you'll be in a good position, but your choice was not to.

Nothing wrong with being hyper focused, you'll be doing good with arena, raids and what not, and probably be a better player in general. But just accept the fact that being focused has its downside as well i.e. you're less ready for change. Just be glad bb8 is not an arena game changer.
  • DeepChu wrote: »
    Emmm. I think for arena is just impossible to make him working. I mean, he has 0 prot, zeeeerrrrooooo, and yes, every time he takes damage he has a 50% of getting foresight.

With full g12 piezes he has 24k health. If modded only for health he could reach what, 33k, 35k health?

zHan shot first bypass foresigh hits him twice for 38 - 45k dmg (regular modding) and bye bye bb8 on first turn.

Even with great secondaries boosting his prot he will be dead in turn 1 always.

Maybe is great in raids or TB, but in arena with the current meta no way.

I agree. He's going to be great for PVE, but not PVP. At least based on the current characters. We know more resistance is coming. I wouldn't be surprised to see a character that calls on allies with this new buff to assist, or something like that. Some synergy around that buff could be a game changer.
  • Everybody is. Yoda, Palpatine and R2 are all characters with a great impact in the Star Wars movies. Thrawn is the greatest dark side character in terms of tactics after Palpatine. And now a droid with a lighter thumb who appeared in one movie and wouldn't be missed if he wasn't in it is added to that list? It just doesn't feel right. They could have gone for Dark Side Anakin, Old Luke or even Jango Fett but not this useless droid...
  • I felt exactly the same.
  • Joost wrote: »
    Everybody is. Yoda, Palpatine and R2 are all characters with a great impact in the Star Wars movies. Thrawn is the greatest dark side character in terms of tactics after Palpatine. And now a droid with a lighter thumb who appeared in one movie and wouldn't be missed if he wasn't in it is added to that list? It just doesn't feel right. They could have gone for Dark Side Anakin, Old Luke or even Jango Fett but not this useless droid...

Agreed, about as legendary as Unkar Plutt.
  • Swgoh shows 0 protection. Ea video shows 0 protection. @25k hp this would be obcene for a legendary character.
  • Briscoe_88 wrote: »
    BB8!?!? ...and I thought we would be getting a 1977 12-Back C Han Solo (small head Han)

Way to throw us a curve-ball EA... guess our full squad of Solos will have to wait ;P

We’ll get our fifth in the Spring, when the young Han Solo movie comes out.
  • Normally I would say, "we knew First Order and Resistance would be key with the new movie coming, you should have been farming them all year". However, with TB farming needs, there just isn't enough energy in the world to farm everything.
  • Ok, what does he unlock at? The OP shows ??*. That * typically denotes that there is a footnote....but I'm either blind or haven't found said footnote.
  • evanbio wrote: »
    Ok, what does he unlock at? The OP shows ??*. That * typically denotes that there is a footnote....but I'm either blind or haven't found said footnote.

Hes in game, 5*
  • Jay_Wong wrote: »
    Swgoh shows 0 protection. Ea video shows 0 protection. @25k hp this would be obcene for a legendary character.

The EA video does show protection....
  • Minowara wrote: »
    Jay_Wong wrote: »
    Swgoh shows 0 protection. Ea video shows 0 protection. @25k hp this would be obcene for a legendary character.

Again, it is such a small amount, it can only come from flat value protection on his mods, or perhaps from a zeta'd R2 bonus.
  • JayWong
    11 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Minowara wrote: »
    Jay_Wong wrote: »

Just the little scraps from mods and R2 zeta. No base protection