Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I enjoy this promotion very much
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Do you have news for European countries ?
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    I can see the rewards as purchases in my account, clicking on it doesnt do anything. Under the rewards tab, i can click on it and it says i already own it. Nothing shows up in game, i hit restore purchases and it still appears to be pending.

Close your app, clear your browser, and log back into game. Happened to me on 1 of them, there was a delay, the others will be on hold until the first is collected. Reward window should pop up a cpl seconds after you log in & you'll have a notification in mail
  • Options
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    So who do I call or email about not getting the bonus rewards. Bought the $50 card from walmart.com and got nothing. Do I contact walmart, google, ea?

Did you redeem it using the Google play app?
  • Options
    I am still a little confused. Is this available in the United States? I didn't know this promotion went live yet. I checked Wal-Mart website and see no mention of the swgoh google play gift card. Anyone able to clear this up for me?

• Options
    Oosu wrote: »
    I am still a little confused. Is this available in the United States? I didn't know this promotion went live yet. I checked Wal-Mart website and see no mention of the swgoh google play gift card. Anyone able to clear this up for me?

Yes, it is available in the United States. I didnt see mention of the deal on their website either. It was there when looking at the gift card on their phone app though. @Oosu
  • Options
    I am still having the issue that was stated earlier. I collected the gift card reward, went into game, but no pop up. And redeemed the other ones and still no pop up...
  • Options
    Anariodin wrote: »
    I am still having the issue that was stated earlier. I collected the gift card reward, went into game, but no pop up. And redeemed the other ones and still no pop up...

Contact Google, I'm not sure what the issue is... have you tried uninstalling the game & reinstalling... that's an old stand by for fixing glitches
  • Options
    Anariodin wrote: »

I'm having the same problem. I got everything I was supposed to through the play store, and even see the rewards in my history, but nothing in game.

Tried logging out and logging back into SWGOH, tried the "Restore Purchases" button under settings, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game... nothing. Guess it's off to support for me too.
  • Options
    @EA_MindTricks @CG_Kozispoon

Still having the same problems, rewards show up in my google account but nothing in game. Tried reloading, uninstalling, removed all other google play accounts..... and nothing. Need some help here.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya folks.
    For those still experiencing issues, please file a ticket with EA Help. This can be accessed by tapping 'Help' via the setting menu.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon is there any news on promotion details for those of us outside the States? I'm in Canada and have a guild Full of people wanting to participate.
    Profile picture from http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fire-at-will-Captain-Phasma-582322649 , the work is not my own. Belongs to BoldCat
  • Options
    Is this promotion still going on? I tried buying a new card at Walmart.com and it canceled my order. Are we done with this promotion?
  • Options
    dreagone wrote: »
    If you are an apple user, you have subscribed to a closed ecosystem of transactions where apple itself is the only gatekeeper. Stop blaming others for your choices.

This right here.

• Options
    Sthenos wrote: »
    Is this promotion still going on? I tried buying a new card at Walmart.com and it canceled my order. Are we done with this promotion?

No, the on line ordering is hit or miss. I had no problem the first 2 times, third time I had to call and get them to force it thru...
  • Mepp
    17 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hiya folks.
    For those still experiencing issues, please file a ticket with EA Help. This can be accessed by tapping 'Help' via the setting menu.

What for? I e-mailed them last monday and they replied yesterday saying they knew nothing about any bonus, and that i should e-mail google or walmart...
    https://ibb.co/btLfmG
  • Options
    Mepp wrote: »
    Hiya folks.

What for? I e-mailed them last monday and they replied yesterday saying they knew nothing about any bonus, and that i should e-mail google or walmart...
    https://ibb.co/btLfmG

I had the same issue, they stated that Walmart is to blame.
  • Options
    So just to confirm, I play on an iPhone and there is no way for me to get this deal, correct?
  • Options
    Gasoline wrote: »
    So just to confirm, I play on an iPhone and there is no way for me to get this deal, correct?

Not with an iTunes account. But if you have an Android/Emulator, create a Google Play Account, and EA can link it with your current account.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    For those who have two gmail accounts on their phone.. make sure you use the gmail account that is linked to your payment account through GoH. For example, if you were to buy crystals, see which account it uses and redeem through that account on Google Play.

First gift card I purchased I redeemed my rewards from my gmail account that uses Google Play Games to save my data and did not get the rewards so I bought another gift card the next day and used my 'payment' account. Rewards were in my inbox a sec after.

I called EA Help to get them to redeem my first purchase, which they did after sending screenshots and multiple emails, but save yourself the headache and use the correct account.
  • bisto_760
    236 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Where can I get these cards in Canada? And will any Google play card work or does it have to be a specific one?
  • Phire_at_Will
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    Where can I get these cards in Canada? And will any Google play card work or does it have to be a specific one?

@CG_Kozispoon hasn't commented about Canadian availability and one of our guild members bought a card from Wal-Mart yesterday and there is no reward listed at all. Buying a card at a Wal-Mart store in Canada has no rewards as of yet.

I should clarify it was a regular Google Play card, and there are people saying there's supposed to a Swgoh branded one at some point to look for.
    Profile picture from http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fire-at-will-Captain-Phasma-582322649 , the work is not my own. Belongs to BoldCat
  • Options
    Thanks man.
  • Options
    Arhithi wrote: »
    For those who have two gmail accounts on their phone.. make sure you use the gmail account that is linked to your payment account through GoH. For example, if you were to buy crystals, see which account it uses and redeem through that account on Google Play.

First gift card I purchased I redeemed my rewards from my gmail account that uses Google Play Games to save my data and did not get the rewards so I bought another gift card the next day and used my 'payment' account. Rewards were in my inbox a sec after.

I called EA Help to get them to redeem my first purchase, which they did after sending screenshots and multiple emails, but save yourself the headache and use the correct account.

How does this work if my payment account already has a swgoh account attached to it, but I want to get the rewards to a different google play account. After playing for a while on my payment account, I made a new one and rerolled.
  • ChaosDragoon
    41 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon Any chance we can have any kind of ETA for Canada/worldwide promotion?
    thanks
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon Any word on this promo for canadians yet?
  • Options
    Freedud1 wrote: »
    Arhithi wrote: »

How does this work if my payment account already has a swgoh account attached to it, but I want to get the rewards to a different google play account. After playing for a while on my payment account, I made a new one and rerolled.

I have no idea. My best advice would be contact EA Help and see if they can transfer it. I don't have a Google+ on my main gmail account and thats why I use another gmail account, which does have Google+, to save my data and log into SWGoH.
  • Options
    Hiya folks.

Have you ever spoken to them? they say they cannot do anything for anyone regarding accounts and that Lucifers daddy is the one to speak to.
    They told me they are not authorized to give accounts anything.
    They are absolutely useless, they just direct everyone to the forums, essentially getting paid for nothing.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon .....where’s my Grevious rework Eh? XD
  • Options
    N8Dog wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem. I got everything I was supposed to through the play store, and even see the rewards in my history, but nothing in game.

Tried logging out and logging back into SWGOH, tried the "Restore Purchases" button under settings, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game... nothing. Guess it's off to support for me too.

I had the same issue. I have multiple Google Play accounts on this device and I finally noticed that the account it was using for In-Game-Purchases (IAP) was different than the account I had SWGOH signed into. I must have first installed and started the game while signed on to another account and it associated that account with all purchases. I had redeemed the gift cards with the account I signed SWGOH into thinking that's how it should work. To check which account it's using, attempt a purchase for money and click the down arrow in the confirmation popup.

Next I had to figure out how to get it to use the proper account for IAPs. I found 2 ways to do it. First uninstall the SWGOH app. Then from a separate computer sign into Google Play website with the account you redeemed the gift cards. Using the online Google Play website, install SWGOH to your device. On your device, make sure your are signed into the correct Google Play account and start up SWGOH. That account should now be used for IAP and you should now get your rewards as expected.

The other way of switching the account for IAP is to remove all Google accounts from the device except for the one you sign into for SWGOH and want for IAP. Then uninstall and reinstall SWGOH. Note that this latter one won't help you if you want to use different accounts for SWGOH sign in and IAP.

This discussion has been closed.