Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• Options
    Oosu wrote: »
    This is a direct quote from their main news page

"Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes & Google Play Gift Cards

This holiday season, we've teamed up with Google to give Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes players up to a $50 in-game bonus with the purchase of Google Play gift cards. These in-game bonuses include Rey from Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™ as well as Crystals. In the weeks ahead, you should start to see Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes branded Google Play gift card kiosks at major retailers around the world, so keep an eye out for them."

Money must be spent in order to receive this bonus. Nowhere is the word free mentioned. Are we talking semantics where you find the word bonus and free to be synonyms of each other? I assure they are not.

I just purchased my TLJ tickets and received a free poster.

I would have bought tickets anyway, so the poster is free to me.

You are talking through a distinction without a difference.
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    I bought more gift cards today, free crystals yay!

Contradiction in terms. You "paid" real money. Your crystals were infact at a price.

He is right. Nothing is ever "free." It's just a discounted price or an extra bonus. However you want to look at it. Free is a silly word to throw around.

It actually was free crystals. The deal is, you buy Google Play gift cards and receive free crystals/Rey shards. Doesn't mention anything about having to spend the Google Play credit on SWGoH. Therefore, the terms he used were accurate.

Except that it is a specially marked SWGOH Google gift card that is specificly for SWGOH.

You are either a fail troll or proper dence.

• Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    I bought more gift cards today, free crystals yay!

Contradiction in terms. You "paid" real money. Your crystals were infact at a price.

He is right. Nothing is ever "free." It's just a discounted price or an extra bonus. However you want to look at it. Free is a silly word to throw around.

It actually was free crystals. The deal is, you buy Google Play gift cards and receive free crystals/Rey shards. Doesn't mention anything about having to spend the Google Play credit on SWGoH. Therefore, the terms he used were accurate.

Except that it is a specially marked SWGOH Google gift card that is specificly for SWGOH.

You are either a fail troll or proper dence.

This current promotion, however, doesn't need to be specifically marked. I bought standard Google Play cards from Walmart.com and received the crystals/shards.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Are you really fighting about the meaning of the word free?

There are more important things like that e.g. When it will be vaible out of US
  • ReVenGe_in_MiNd
    596 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Either you are telling lies or CG are telling lies.

I wish the Mods would do their job and answer some of these questions.
    I mean were does all the cash i spend on this game go if we cant even get a responce from the Devs???

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs @CG_SaIera @CG_TopHat
  • Options
    Either you are telling lies or CG are telling lies.

I wish the Mods would do their job and answer some of these questions.
    I mean were does all the cash i spend on this game go if we cant even get a responce from the Devs???

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs @CG_SaIera @CG_TopHat

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    In the US, all you have to do is buy Google Play Gift Cards from Walmart.com to get the crystals/shards.
    I think the SWGoH branded cards are their future plans for non-US based players.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • ReVenGe_in_MiNd
    596 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thats not what we were told.

@CG_Kozispoon . Why am i being lied to by either CG or this troll?
  • Options
    Thats not what we were told.

@CG_Kozispoon . Why am i being lied to by either CG or this troll?
    It is currently available at Walmart and Walmart.com for players in the United States. Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon honestly though how hard is it to get a few lines of a response on this. Just want to know when it goes live in Canada and if I need to buy a specific card (physical/electronic).
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon honestly though how hard is it to get a few lines of a response on this. Just want to know when it goes live in Canada and if I need to buy a specific card (physical/electronic).

Hiya!
    Please check the first post for more info (and it @CaptainRex seems to be helping out by nudging you to it- thanks!). I am sorry I don't have an exact date for you, but over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon thanks very much.
  • Options
    bisto_760 wrote: »

Hiya!
    Please check the first post for more info (and it @CaptainRex seems to be helping out by nudging you to it- thanks!). I am sorry I don't have an exact date for you, but over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer.

@CG_Kozispoon

CaptainRex is from the USA. I am in Australia. He was no help at all. My question has still not been answered

When can i get this in Australia. Is there any way to know if i purchase a standard google play card in Australia, thay i will get the crystals and shards ?
  • Options
    Jjust to be sure, if I were to buy $150.00 worth of this promotion (being that you can supposedly redeem it 3 times for the rewards) I should get 9000 crystals and 990 Rey shards, correct?
  • ReVenGe_in_MiNd
    596 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Expect a vauge answer in approx. 72 hours time. In the mean time enjoy have hearted wittless trolls
  • Options
    Jjust to be sure, if I were to buy $150.00 worth of this promotion (being that you can supposedly redeem it 3 times for the rewards) I should get 9000 crystals and 990 Rey shards, correct?

I would like a confirmation on this as well.

I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options

If you buy 3 separate $50 gift cards, yes.
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    Options
    I still don't get the nerd rage on this issue. If apple users want it, just link your account to an android device??!?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    gunff wrote: »
    I still don't get the nerd rage on this issue. If apple users want it, just link your account to an android device??!?

I tried that, EA support was very unhelpful and ended up refusing to do it.
  • Options
    Well, I am pretty disappointed that the promotion is only for android. I'm pretty sure most are frustrated that there is such exclusivity for a game that is suppose to be fair to all gamers.

I mean the game servers aren't run indepedently for android and Apple no? Should I have known this to happen from the start, would I play this game? No but I been spending quite significantly on the game and to quit seems like a waste. And as a Star Wars fan, I will go as a ftp and probably spend way lesser.

I mean irrespective if it makes sense from business perspective but ur customers are both running on android and Apple. The least CG/EA could do is probably set another promotion within the game comparative to what is being offered to android. At least, show the sincerity and initiative for fair play because at the end of the day, games should only be differentiated by either u play for free or u pay to gain advantage or additional access.

Such promotion plan should have started from the launch of this game not halfway through. Heck PS4 games that runs on PC also do states what differences it has for both platforms before the launch of the game. Nobody does halfway through. That is just bad marketing and reputation.

Say what u Wan to say, but this is definitely the devs fault for allowing this to even happen.

It has never been Apple or Google fault. It doesn't matter if Google accept and Apple doesn't. The question is why did the proposer did not consider such events that could occur if either one has declined or accepted and how does that impact gamers. It only takes CG/EA to consider this factors when accepting or deciding any collaboration or whatnot.
  • Options
    Xaron wrote: »
    Well, I am pretty disappointed that the promotion is only for android. I'm pretty sure most are frustrated that there is such exclusivity for a game that is suppose to be fair to all gamers.

I mean the game servers aren't run indepedently for android and Apple no? Should I have known this to happen from the start, would I play this game? No but I been spending quite significantly on the game and to quit seems like a waste. And as a Star Wars fan, I will go as a ftp and probably spend way lesser.

I mean irrespective if it makes sense from business perspective but ur customers are both running on android and Apple. The least CG/EA could do is probably set another promotion within the game comparative to what is being offered to android. At least, show the sincerity and initiative for fair play because at the end of the day, games should only be differentiated by either u play for free or u pay to gain advantage or additional access.

Such promotion plan should have started from the launch of this game not halfway through. Heck PS4 games that runs on PC also do states what differences it has for both platforms before the launch of the game. Nobody does halfway through. That is just bad marketing and reputation.

Say what u Wan to say, but this is definitely the devs fault for allowing this to even happen.

It has never been Apple or Google fault. It doesn't matter if Google accept and Apple doesn't. The question is why did the proposer did not consider such events that could occur if either one has declined or accepted and how does that impact gamers. It only takes CG/EA to consider this factors when accepting or deciding any collaboration or whatnot.

If you can afford to spend "quite signficantly" on this game you can afford to buy an Android tablet. They are much better then apple garbage products anyways.
  • Xaron
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Dude, you are laughable. Are u jealous?

Please, stop such antics that oh if u can spend a lot, u can buy an android tablet to gain such benefits and stop such nonsense about which is better. I switch to Apple from android because I didn't have a good experience with it and I'm very much happy with Apple currently.

Again, this has never been the main focal point of the whole issue.

If you been spending since the launch of the game till now periodically and consistently, tell me. That amount wouldn't it be significant for a phone game app?

What about players who return after being inactive and spending significant cash to catch up in arena and whatnot with the current latest events?

Do you expect everyone who has been playing all along to just switch? And if we don't u expect us to just shut up? This is a game and game is suppose to be fair play. Like I said it is not a right thing to do. It feels like it's leaning to discrimination.

Imagine going to a fast food chain today and the staff told u that there is discount if ur... (racism check here). And heck, it wasn't the case when u went to the same fast food chain yesterday. So what? U want me to become like Michael Jackson to enjoy the benefits? Nonsensical.
  • Options
    Oh no, the world isnt fair. Let me crawl into my safe space!

Wah, wah, wah, waaahhhh...

~D
  • Options
    So I guess even this forum has a bunch of mol eliza peeps who couldn't contribute to an effective discussion on a forum.

World is indeed unfair to have such pitiful people with Low iq. Guess ignorance is bliss. :)
  • Options
    @Xaron you're not gonna get sympathy from anyone for being an apple user and not being able to claim this promotion.

No one is jealous of you either. Also, you're no king of pop.

• Options
    Does the gift card have to be from Walmart? Or just any Google play gc?
  • Options
    I got the card via Walmart, got the in-game promo shards etc but it won't let me use the $10 Google play credit for buying crystals. Says transaction declined. Anyone?
  • Options
    Paligap wrote: »
    I got the card via Walmart, got the in-game promo shards etc but it won't let me use the $10 Google play credit for buying crystals. Says transaction declined. Anyone?

Are you short the $ or $$ due to tax purposes?? I have to pay basically $106 when i buy the large crystal chest even though its technically "$99.99" displayed in the store.

~D
  • Options
    GottaHemi wrote: »
    Does the gift card have to be from Walmart? Or just any Google play gc?

It has to be from Wal-Mart
  • Options
    @Xaron you're not gonna get sympathy from anyone for being an apple user and not being able to claim this promotion.

No one is jealous of you either. Also, you're no king of pop.

Dude my message wasn't even in any way sympathetic in nature. Its only natural to give feedback on the services. If my message is sympathetic, are u saying forum in general is the same? If I can't share how I feel on what I have been paying then what gives?

Your post does sounds that ur jealous. Because u couldn't understand the message I'm conveying
  • Options
    Xaron. pay no attention to him. he is a troll. when you post back defending your post you are infact feeding the troll. let the creatin starve under his swamp bridge.

This discussion has been closed.