Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    Booooooo! Android users get too much ;P Where’s the iOS pack where android users get screwed?

iOS users can seek solace with those wireless airbuds and almost waterproof phones!

Nope waterproof

Nothing is waterproof. My dive watch which is rated to 200 meters isn't waterproof. But yes the new iPhones are water resistant (mine is a 6 so it's not)
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes & Google Play Gift Cards
    This holiday season, we’ve teamed up with Google to give Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes players up to a $50 in-game bonus with the purchase of Google Play gift cards. These in-game bonuses include Rey from Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™ as well as Crystals. In the weeks ahead, you should start to see Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes branded Google Play gift card kiosks at major retailers around the world, so keep an eye out for them.
    Finally, on behalf of the entire team here at Capital Games, we want to express our gratitude to our players. With your continued participation, support, and feedback we will work hard to bring a bigger and better experience to the most successful Star Wars mobile game in history.
    And as always, we’ll see you on the Holotables!

This statement says nothing about walmart... so why do only walmart cards work? Initially I assumed ANY googleplay card would suffice, I accept I was mistaken on that... Now I have to find "Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes branded Google Play gift card."

"at major retailers around the world" is code for "Walmart"... if that's the case drop the s in retailers
  • Options
    DarthNO2 wrote: »
    This holiday season, we’ve teamed up with Google to give Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes players up to a $50 in-game bonus with the purchase of Google Play gift cards. These in-game bonuses include Rey from Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™ as well as Crystals. In the weeks ahead, you should start to see Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes branded Google Play gift card kiosks at major retailers around the world, so keep an eye out for them.
    Finally, on behalf of the entire team here at Capital Games, we want to express our gratitude to our players. With your continued participation, support, and feedback we will work hard to bring a bigger and better experience to the most successful Star Wars mobile game in history.

This statement says nothing about walmart... so why do only walmart cards work? Initially I assumed ANY googleplay card would suffice, I accept I was mistaken on that... Now I have to find "Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes branded Google Play gift card."

"at major retailers around the world" is code for "Walmart"... if that's the case drop the s in retailers

Are they talking about all og us here or is it just android VIPs?
  • Options
    Booooooo! Android users get too much ;P Where’s the iOS pack where android users get screwed?

iOS users can seek solace with those wireless airbuds and almost waterproof phones!

Nope waterproof

Nothing is waterproof. My dive watch which is rated to 200 meters isn't waterproof. But yes the new iPhones are water resistant (mine is a 6 so it's not)

Iphones are rated IP67 which is the second highest rating for weather/water resistance. My S7 is already IP68
  • Options

No..the first promotion is through Walmart. There are going to be more promotions around the world with different retailers "in the weeks ahead".

Please go back through the thread...this is a Walmart/Google promotion currently.
  • Options
    Only thing I see here is that we all need to farm “Scavenger” Rey, because she is needed for an event later...

Just please stop making a boring december for apple players once again....
  • Options
    Ringer wrote: »
    Is anyone else still having issues redeeming the rewards? I bought a $50 for my main and a $25 for my alt. The 50 rewards cleared fine, but the 25 shows redeemed, but I have not gotten anything in the game.

I had the same exact problem. The application seems to have a problem with multiple accounts on the same phone. You can either set up an emulator on the PC or remove one account, hit Restore Purchases, wait, then add back in the account you deleted. I removed and re-added my account. Worked like a charm. I found a mention of the solution in the bugs forum.
  • Options
    IC3M4N wrote: »
    wow, just wow, it is interesting that apple doesn’t get a juicy perk like this, oh well for them

Because Apple is CHEAP. Android paid to do this. Apple decided it doesn't need to do the same because people keep buying their products even when they suck. Don't blame this on EA. Blame it on Apple.
  • scuba
    14176 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @cg

No what it means is you have to take both of their posts together.

Previous comment from kozi in this thread:
    Hiya, and apologies for the delay. Also KueChael I hope you don't mind I've added this response to the first post for easy reference.

We are always on the lookout for programs with our platform partners to share Galaxy of Heroes with new players everywhere. The “Scavenger Rey” promotion with Google is one such opportunity. It is currently available at Walmart and Walmart.com for players in the United States. Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer. Each offer can be redeemed up to three times per account. We will be sharing more information about this program in the very near future so stay tuned!

Non-themed Google play gift cards from walmart and walmart.com will work. For the other retailers it needs to be a SWGOH themed gift card. and yes the system can tell if the gift card is from wally world or not.

• Svo
    62 posts Member
    Options
    Are there any plans in the works for doing an Itunes promotion.....in the future..thank you
  • scuba
    14176 posts Member
    Options
    Svo wrote: »
    Are there any plans in the works for doing an Itunes promotion.....in the future..thank you

No. Haven't you read the forums the last couple days apple is hated. ;)
  • Options
    Is anyone else still having issues redeeming the rewards? I bought a $50 for my main and a $25 for my alt. The 50 rewards cleared fine, but the 25 shows redeemed, but I have not gotten anything in the game.

You have to redeem the card using your goggle app. If you missed the rewards go to your goggle play acct into settings, click my acct, & then find and click on rewards. Any rewards you have not accepted yet are put there, just click and accept

I have done this and still did not receive anything.

You found the rewards in the Google play app?

Yes, I hit redeem, and as I said, for my main account, everything worked fine. For my alt account (different Play accounts), it shows redeemed and I did not receive anything

In case you missed it or are still having problems, you need to either download an Android Emulator for the PC or remove your main account temporarily from your phone. I'm not sure what the consequences of removing your account are. It might be possible to add your account to a friend's phone who doesn't play SWGOH, download the app and hit restore purchases then delete the app and your account.
  • Options
    Maize wrote: »
    Do you have to buy the google cards online at walmarts website? Or can you buy them in the store physically and stilll get bonus ?

The store near me doesn't have any googleplay themed cards... so I tried to order online a few times but it seems to not matter what payment method I use, they keep canceling my orders. I hope you have better luck than me.

They don't have Google Play cards? That seems odd...they usually have in the Electronics department or the gift card department. It doesn't have to be the SW themed cards.

Are you sure? They might have to be.
  • Options
    So wat do u get exactly for buying a $50 card from walmart?
  • Options
    Mike74f wrote: »
    The offer details are all laid out in fine print on the product pages for Google Play gift cards on walmart.com.
  • Options
    At least it isn’t something you get for free, so the only ones that are really dissapointed are the apple whales... But why would you betray your whale buddies CG??? :o
  • Options
    Maybe ios whale buddies get a 20k present
  • Matt_B
    149 posts Member
    Options
    So Walmart paid for the promotion? Why do they prefer Google over Apple?
  • Options
    How long does it take for the reward to show up in your inventory?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Matt_B wrote: »
    So Walmart paid for the promotion? Why do they prefer Google over Apple?

A question better posed on Walmart forums than SWGalaxyOfHeroes forums. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options

Additionally it doesn't say my account must be in Google Play. I was going to buy a birthday present to my son, who has an Android phone, but now I won't bother with this promo.
  • Options
    Mike74f wrote: »

3k crystals, 330 Rey shards, and 1.75 million credits for $50 card from Wal-Mart.
  • Options
    So who do I call or email about not getting the bonus rewards. Bought the $50 card from walmart.com and got nothing. Do I contact walmart, google, ea?
  • Options

No..the first promotion is through Walmart. There are going to be more promotions around the world with different retailers "in the weeks ahead".

Please go back through the thread...this is a Walmart/Google promotion currently.

I already admitted I jumped the shark, a mistake on my part, a few pages back; I didn't find this thread until AFTER I got my cards. And what I copied was from the news section of the website. Where myself and so many others go to read about these updates. There was nothing there saying I needed to go to these forums to search for a thread with details they conveniently left absent when they just as easily could have mentioned that Walmart has early exclusivity in the initial news release.

What they did was intentionally misleading!
  • Options
    Has anyone found where to find a giftcard in canada?
  • Options
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    So who do I call or email about not getting the bonus rewards. Bought the $50 card from walmart.com and got nothing. Do I contact walmart, google, ea?

Yea this is what I would like to know. Both Walmart and Google say its not a thing they can fix...
  • Options
    the bonus offers show up in my google account but not my game account. How long is it supposed to take? I tried hitting restore purchases, how long does that take to process?
  • Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    the bonus offers show up in my google account but not my game account. How long is it supposed to take? I tried hitting restore purchases, how long does that take to process?

You have to go to your goggle app, click on your acct, and then go to rewards. They're saved in there, you must've missed the pop up after you redeemed your card
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Here is everything I have figured out for this from trial and error

Redeeming a Google Play gift card purchased from Walmart or walmart.com will give you a reward in google play under My Account>Rewards.
    The rewards vary based on the amount of the gift card
    $10 gives 750 Crystals and 80 Rey Shards
    $25 gives 1.5k Crystals, 145 Rey Shards, and 250k credits
    50$ gives 3k crystals, 330 Rey Shards and 1.75 M credits
    It appears each tier can be done 3 times
    I think the $10 and $15 are the same tier. I did $10 one 3 times. I then did 2 $15 ones and got nothing
    The gift cards must be the fixed value cards not the variable load ones.

The one thing many seem to over look is after adding the gift card to google play you have to go to google play>my account>rewards to redeem the reward. They don't just show up in game once you redeem the gift card
    1. Buy a fixed denomination google play card from walmart or walmart.com
    2. go to google play app and redeem the card
    3. go to google play>my account>rewards and click on the reward to redeem it
    4. it will then give you the option to open the game
    5. go into game and you should get a pop-up that you have received the rewards.
    6. if you get a google play error when redeeming the reward go into game and go to settings and click on restore purchases. give it some time and the rewards should show up.

good luck.

+1 I had no issues myself but it's great to see you put the effort in to make ppl more informed
  • Options
    I can see the rewards as purchases in my account, clicking on it doesnt do anything. Under the rewards tab, i can click on it and it says i already own it. Nothing shows up in game, i hit restore purchases and it still appears to be pending.
This discussion has been closed.