Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• Options
    Why don't they have a sale on crystals atleast once a month, this game is expensive enough they should
    give players a break
  • Options
    "Next I had to figure out how to get it to use the proper account for IAPs. I found 2 ways to do it. First uninstall the SWGOH app. Then from a separate computer sign into Google Play website with the account you redeemed the gift cards. Using the online Google Play website, install SWGOH to your device. On your device, make sure your are signed into the correct Google Play account and start up SWGOH. That account should now be used for IAP and you should now get your rewards as expected."

Wow... that actually worked, Thanks a ton!
  • EPMAN
    76 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I guess i should not spend more money on the game then until, i can get this on my apple account.
  • Options
    aerendhil wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Do you have news for European countries ?
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    Where can I get these cards in Canada? And will any Google play card work or does it have to be a specific one?
    @CG_Kozispoon Any chance we can have any kind of ETA for Canada/worldwide promotion?
    thanks

We peons would like to know if the marches of the american empire would benefit from this offer :wink:
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • BloopeR
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Arhithi wrote: »
    For those who have two gmail accounts on their phone.. make sure you use the gmail account that is linked to your payment account through GoH. For example, if you were to buy crystals, see which account it uses and redeem through that account on Google Play.

First gift card I purchased I redeemed my rewards from my gmail account that uses Google Play Games to save my data and did not get the rewards so I bought another gift card the next day and used my 'payment' account. Rewards were in my inbox a sec after.

I called EA Help to get them to redeem my first purchase, which they did after sending screenshots and multiple emails, but save yourself the headache and use the correct account.

That's funny cause I am in a similar situation, and after multiple emails, I was told nothing could be done. I am so glad we both got the same treatment for the same problem......At least you got it fixed, I just got the proverbial middle finger.
    Raven1984x wrote: »
    Hiya folks.
    For those still experiencing issues, please file a ticket with EA Help. This can be accessed by tapping 'Help' via the setting menu.

Have you ever spoken to them? they say they cannot do anything for anyone regarding accounts and that Lucifers daddy is the one to speak to.
    They told me they are not authorized to give accounts anything.
    They are absolutely useless, they just direct everyone to the forums, essentially getting paid for nothing.

This guy knows. EA customer service leaves much to be desired.
  • Options
    BloopeR wrote: »
    For those who have two gmail accounts on their phone.. make sure you use the gmail account that is linked to your payment account through GoH. For example, if you were to buy crystals, see which account it uses and redeem through that account on Google Play.

First gift card I purchased I redeemed my rewards from my gmail account that uses Google Play Games to save my data and did not get the rewards so I bought another gift card the next day and used my 'payment' account. Rewards were in my inbox a sec after.

I called EA Help to get them to redeem my first purchase, which they did after sending screenshots and multiple emails, but save yourself the headache and use the correct account.

That's funny cause I am in a similar situation, and after multiple emails, I was told nothing could be done. I am so glad we both got the same treatment for the same problem......At least you got it fixed, I just got the proverbial middle finger.
    Hiya folks.
    For those still experiencing issues, please file a ticket with EA Help. This can be accessed by tapping 'Help' via the setting menu.

Have you ever spoken to them? they say they cannot do anything for anyone regarding accounts and that Lucifers daddy is the one to speak to.
    They are absolutely useless, they just direct everyone to the forums, essentially getting paid for nothing.

You're not the only one with that experience, EA really should have added some scripts for the support staff before releasing that promotion.

Once you know root cause of the problem if you're at all comfortable with software, it's easy to work around.
  • Options
    Are there any news when it will be available in europe?
  • Options

Hiya folks.

You're not the only one with that experience, EA really should have added some scripts for the support staff before releasing that promotion.

Once you know root cause of the problem if you're at all comfortable with software, it's easy to work around.

That's such a shame. I feel like they have forgotten the importance of the customer.
  • Options
    So I've seen that there is promotion... But.. I have no idea how to find it lmao.. Is it possible to buy it if you live in Eu?
  • Options
    Read the forums then ask if you still have questions. It’s been discussed in great detail, just look for it
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon
    How near is this 'very near future' when we receive further information?
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    As stated above, money spent on crystals in game gives same rewards as WalMart gift card rewards. CG keeps pure profit and everyone gets Scavenger Rey who is willing to pay.

EA/CG has a ton of in game sales they could do, but choose not to. Battlefront 2 should have come with a unique SWGOH EliteTrooper or Elite Forces Tie, but they, again chose not to. Blizzard finally figured out tie in promotions for all their game platforms. Do achievements in Hearthstone and get a free mount in heroes of the Storm and WoW. Unlock a WoW ‘chieve and get a special weapon and banner for Starcraft and Diablo.
    Post edited by ChickenFett139 on
  • Options

Hiya folks.

That's such a shame. I feel like they have forgotten the importance of the beta tester.

FYP. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Have already saved some cash, becuse i am not gone spend more money on this game after i realized that only google account get this crasy buff.
  • Whitt_Happens
    27 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    When is this promotion good till? "Next few weeks" is rather vague.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

It does say the "holiday season " so I would think that will go up till at least black friday. But just a guess.
  • Bomroll
    399 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Anyone else get the feeling that it won't be available anywhere else other than usa and Walmart.

They most likely just said eventually other countries to stop everyone else shouting about it?
  • Options
    Bomroll wrote: »
    Anyone else get the feeling that it won't be available anywhere else other than usa and Walmart.

They most likely just said eventually other countries to stop everyone else shouting about it?

Of course. Its just an illusion.
    If not they would have at least given us some small piece of info, as in available countries or possible retailers.

If its true, i really don't understand why they are not giving us any information about it.

• Whitt_Happens
    27 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

KueChael wrote: »
    Full Rey + 3000 crystals with 50$ google from Walmart

DEV Response

We are always on the lookout for programs with our platform partners to share Galaxy of Heroes with new players everywhere. The “Scavenger Rey” promotion with Google is one such opportunity. It is currently available at Walmart and Walmart.com for players in the United States. Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer. Each offer can be redeemed up to three times per account. We will be sharing more information about this program in the very near future so stay tuned!
    Kyno wrote: »

It does say the "holiday season " so I would think that will go up till at least black friday. But just a guess.

Thanks, but I don't see any mention of a holiday season. Is there somewhere else that has more information on this promotion?
  • Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    Full Rey + 3000 crystals with 50$ google from Walmart

DEV Response

We are always on the lookout for programs with our platform partners to share Galaxy of Heroes with new players everywhere. The “Scavenger Rey” promotion with Google is one such opportunity. It is currently available at Walmart and Walmart.com for players in the United States. Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer. Each offer can be redeemed up to three times per account. We will be sharing more information about this program in the very near future so stay tuned!
    Kyno wrote: »

Thanks, but I don't see any mention of a holiday season. Is there somewhere else that has more information on this promotion?

The promotion goes until December 31, 2017. Says on the terms.
  • Options
    Is this promotion going to be happening in Australia? I ask because my pet Kangaroo (that i ride to work) has started his own account and wants it for christmas

Sorry if this has been asked already. I do not have tine to read 15 pages of posts and my kangaroo cannot read.
  • Options
    Is this promotion going to be happening in Australia? I ask because my pet Kangaroo (that i ride to work) has started his own account and wants it for christmas

Sorry if this has been asked already. I do not have tine to read 15 pages of posts and my kangaroo cannot read.

Not yet and the bets are on that its usa / Walmart only full stop.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I bought more gift cards today, free crystals yay!
  • Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Was it Walmart or something else?
  • Options

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_SaIera @CG_Conduit23 @CG_JohnSalera @CG_RyDiggs @CG_TopHat @CG_TheMuffinmanJr

Can we have this question answered please.
  • Options

Contradiction in terms. You "paid" real money. Your crystals were infact at a price.
  • Options

Contradiction in terms. You "paid" real money. Your crystals were infact at a price.

He is right. Nothing is ever "free." It's just a discounted price or an extra bonus. However you want to look at it. Free is a silly word to throw around.
  • Options
    Oosu wrote: »

He is right. Nothing is ever "free." It's just a discounted price or an extra bonus. However you want to look at it. Free is a silly word to throw around.

It actually was free crystals. The deal is, you buy Google Play gift cards and receive free crystals/Rey shards. Doesn't mention anything about having to spend the Google Play credit on SWGoH. Therefore, the terms he used were accurate.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Oosu wrote: »

It actually was free crystals. The deal is, you buy Google Play gift cards and receive free crystals/Rey shards. Doesn't mention anything about having to spend the Google Play credit on SWGoH. Therefore, the terms he used were accurate.

It depends upon the definition of the word free that you are entertaining, or maybe how you are applying it. If you are thinking purely monetarily, then free is free.

However if you were speaking philosophically, you could argue that there is a cost associated with anything and everything we do, even if the cost carries no value in our eyes.

Which basically means that there is evidence supporting both standpoints here.
  • Options
    This is a direct quote from their main news page

"Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes & Google Play Gift Cards

This holiday season, we've teamed up with Google to give Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes players up to a $50 in-game bonus with the purchase of Google Play gift cards. These in-game bonuses include Rey from Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™ as well as Crystals. In the weeks ahead, you should start to see Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes branded Google Play gift card kiosks at major retailers around the world, so keep an eye out for them."

Money must be spent in order to receive this bonus. Nowhere is the word free mentioned. Are we talking semantics where you find the word bonus and free to be synonyms of each other? I assure they are not.
This discussion has been closed.