Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• Options
    Well, they are talking about google play gift cards, so it might not work online.

But a statement of what's supposed to work would be great.
  • Options
    Cant find anything like this in my country (Ireland)
    Valid for in-game items from Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes on Google Play. Open to recipients who purchase a Google Play gift card at Walmart between October 1st, 2017 and December 31st, 2017. Redeem by January 30th, 2018. Limit 3 per user. Not valid on prior purchases. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Value of in-game items based on in-game crystal prices as of October 1, 2017, and are subject to change (also available through gameplay): (1) cards under $25: 4-Star Scavenger Rey and 750 Crystals; (2) cards $25-$49.99: 5-Star Scavenger Rey and 1500 Crystals; and (3) cards $50+: 7-Star Scavenger Rey and 3000 Crystals.Users who already have a Scavenger Rey character prior to acceptance of this offer will receive alternate in-game items of equivalent value. Once the Google Play gift card is redeemed, in-game items will be applied upon user acceptance of the offer. To receive in-game items, users must log into Star Wars:Galaxy of Heroes game with same Google account used to accept the offer. Valid in United States.
  • XxPiLeDriveRxX
    8 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
  • Options
    Does anyone know which retailer in Germany is selling these promo cards that will work?

Would appreciate it a lot, thanks.
  • Options
    I'd like a confirmation if possible that only Google Play gift cards bought online are eligible? In Canada, none of the retailers listed by Google offer the cards online so unless retail (physical) versions are eligible, Canadians are out of luck.
  • Options
    So all just usa?
    zankioh wrote: »
    Does anyone know which retailer in Germany is selling these promo cards that will work?

The guys that own the program don't seem to know so no chance anyone else does. I'm not sure usa counts as around the world does it?
  • Options
    The link is just a generic link of US American retailers that sell these cards. Check the link itself.

@CG_Kozispoon , can we get a confirmation if, when and how this works internationally?
  • Options
    TukkuRask wrote: »
    I'd like a confirmation if possible that only Google Play gift cards bought online are eligible? In Canada, none of the retailers listed by Google offer the cards online so unless retail (physical) versions are eligible, Canadians are out of luck.

Not sure about the new retailers but the physical cards worked fine (even better than online) for the Walmart offer.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon question. Can I buy a Google play gift card from a physical Wal-Mart location IN CANADA and still receive this special offer?

The retailers listed in your reys journey post are all American based. Just looking for a confirmation.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon question. Can I buy a Google play gift card from a physical Wal-Mart location IN CANADA and still receive this special offer?

The retailers listed in your reys journey post are all American based. Just looking for a confirmation.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, it would be nice to see a list of places to buy these at for different countries such as Germany, France, Italy, Canada, Russia etc.
  • Options

A friend tried PayPal (obviously a online purchase) before i was able to warn him, didn't work either,so we have 2 online purchase option from play.google.com (de_de) that did not work, I wonder if there are any results for physical cards for Germany?
  • Options
    Nadana wrote: »
    The link is just a generic link of US American retailers that sell these cards. Check the link itself.

@CG_Kozispoon , can we get a confirmation if, when and how this works internationally?

There is a list of Canadian retailers, and presumably for other countries, just have to search Google for them. The list I saw was specifically Canadian and none of them offer the card online (and most, outside of Walmart/Best Buy) don't offer online buying of any kind.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, it would be nice to see a list of places to buy these at for different countries such as Germany, France, Italy, Canada, Russia etc.

Hiya!
    Lemme see what I can see.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon can I use the in game guest account and receive the awards?
  • Options
    Will ANY card work, or does it have to be star wars branded?
    Would also be good to know, what the participating countries are, or if there arent any restrictions.

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I bought one from Walmart.com when the promotion first came out, I don't think it was Star Wars branded and it worked.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I bought one from Walmart.com when the promotion first came out, I don't think it was Star Wars branded and it worked.

USA?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Yes. It was only open to USA at first IIRC.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    For clarification: If I buy 3, $50 cards, do I receive 7* rey shards and the 2500 crystals 3x?
  • Options
    Mans_Yolo wrote: »
    For clarification: If I buy 3, $50 cards, do I receive 7* rey shards and the 2500 crystals 3x?

Yes.
  • Options
    I bought a card at a Rite Aid yesterday and the reward popped up... not star wars branded card, regular goggle play. Based on that I'm going to assume that the promotion has expanded beyond Wal-Mart
  • Options
    By International they mean USA only.
  • Options
    By International they mean USA only.

Yeah I really don't get it, this is the second official release and this one states around the world yet its only in the USA. It actually feels like they are just trying to wind us up releasing half a55 info
  • Options
    Just tried it through Target since the link provided by @CG_Kozispoon included it in the vendor list but got nada.

Was this Wal-Mart only and why did the message on the site say vendor(s) and not Wal-Mart?
  • Options
    Currently on hold with EA mobile department because my card did not redeem the bonus content. Going on 40min of hold time....
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    NOTE-We're creating a permanent page with further details and a list of which retailers are active in each country. Please check back soon!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    NOTE-We're creating a permanent page with further details and a list of which retailers are active in each country. Please check back soon!

@CG_Kozispoon thanks very much. Would still like to know if it's purely an online thing or if I can go to a Wal-Mart and buy a card (canada). Thanks.
  • Options
    Will iOS be getting a similar deal anytime soon?
  • Options

@CG_Kozispoon thanks very much. Would still like to know if it's purely an online thing or if I can go to a Wal-Mart and buy a card (canada). Thanks.

Cards bought at Wal-Mart will work. I did both online and in-store myself
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon I want to confirm whether we can redeem the rewards in Australia and how does it work
This discussion has been closed.