Requirements to unlock the Chimera

Replies

• Options
    Thank you much appreciated! @CG_CapGaSP
  • Options
    And the only way to get Home One to 7 star is to buy the Home One packs since the Fleet Mastery event only rewards 15 shards (returns every month). It would take you 6 months to get Home One to 7 star if you don't buy any packs, which is just in time for the return of the Chimaera legendary event (assuming 6 month cycle).
  • Options
    Why is CG pushing Phoenix so darn hard?!

They are terrible and, frankly, unpopular.

I just don't get it.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Why is CG pushing Phoenix so darn hard?!

They are terrible and, frankly, unpopular.

I just don't get it.

They aren't that bad
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • WenHandel
    165 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Wow, so if Home One cannot be made 7* in time for the Chimaera event without paying, then the Chimaera event is a pay-only event. CG/EA has come close to this before but never crossed that line, to my knowledge.

I've bought a ton of stuff in this game but there is no way I will participate in a pay-only event, on principle. I will get my Home One for free next month and wait for whenever the Chimaera event returns.
  • Options
    You can get a 6 star Chimaera without paying anything. 7 star is exclusive to those who spend on the Home One pack.
  • Options
    Fair comment, ThunderGun. I'll get 6*. I'm irritated because I have 7* Ghost, Phantom, Bistan U-Wing, etc., but I still have to pay an extra entry fee to complete the event to 7*. I think that is wrong and my point still stands that we should not have any event timed such that it that cannot possibly be completed without paying a fee.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Options
    It's the first legendary capitol ship, but not the first capitol ship. Therefore logic dictates it will work like the other capitol ships do. Each successive tier will require 5 ships at the requisite star level of the ones stated. The question is whether phantom and ghost 2 must be in 2 of the slots or not.
  • Options
    It doesn't work like the other capital ships. You can raise other capital ships to 7* through the monthly events. But Chimaera can only be raised to 7* by completing the "very rare" legendary event, which cannot be completed the first time unless you buy Home One shards.
  • WenHandel
    165 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    EA has definitely crossed a line here and introduced a pay-to-complete event. I'm angry about this and I won't forget it.
  • Options
    ThunderGun wrote: »
    You can get a 6 star Chimaera without paying anything. 7 star is exclusive to those who spend on the Home One pack.
    Am I wrong in seeing that there is a challenge to earn the 7th star on the existing capital ships? Where does it say you need to buy a pack?
  • WenHandel
    165 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    According to devs you must have 7* Home One to enter the final phase of the Chimaera event. And you cannot get 7* Home One this month, only shards to get part way to 7*. So you either have to wait another month or two to complete Home One (too late for the Chimaera event) or you have to pay to buy the extra Home One shard packs.

The Home One challenge tomorrow does not give you 7* Home One.
  • Options
    You need $1000
  • Options
    And the only way to get Home One to 7 star is to buy the Home One packs since the Fleet Mastery event only rewards 15 shards (returns every month). It would take you 6 months to get Home One to 7 star if you don't buy any packs, which is just in time for the return of the Chimaera legendary event (assuming 6 month cycle).

Really only 15shards? The previous challenges give much more
  • Options
    Unless something changes it's currently 15 shards: https://swgoh.gg/db/events/home-one-fleet-mastery-event/
  • Options
    Oh wow did not expect that
  • Options
    It's a rip off. Again. I thought we had got away from this.

So, will the packs be 599 crystals, 1299 crystals or 2499 crystals?
  • Options
    Oh, snap! So even completely the Mastery for Home One won't grant you 100 shards?

WEAK
    SAUCE

So yeah, if you want Thrawn's ship 7 star you have to dish out some cash.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    How much do these packs cost and how many shards?
  • Options
    I really don’t think that not being able to get it at 7* immediately is a big deal... most people can’t beat the 6* ship challengers. It’s also a way to slow down players so they’re not so pressed to make additional content, hopefully promoting quality over quantity so we’re not stuck with bugs and late events.

Sure there’s The aspect of money. Sure if you want to spend $1000 you can get it 7*, but this is a business... everyone forgets that. Whales keep this thing running and therefore need and deserve an incentive.

I think I’m behind but I definitely haven’t touched Phoenix ships... I’ll bbe lucky to get thrawns ship at 5*, so what’s the rush? Also you need cassian and or Bistan. How many of you have them at 7* already that aren’t whales?

This is far less **** than the 7* requirements for CLS, which most of us competed anyway.

Im 100% FTP FYI.
  • Options
    Why do people keep saying it's $1000? Is there info on this?
  • Options
    It’s the first time a legendary event has been put behind a paywall. Not a good sign.
  • Options
    You get 5 shards per pack 90% of the time. To get 100 shards you will need to drop $1000
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options

I'm estimating a vault to complete Home One
  • Options
    Tuscan21 wrote: »

I'm estimating a vault to complete Home One

I agree. I think the pack will cost 1699 crystals for 10 shards (chance at 100). So if you need to buy 9 of them to get Home One to 7 star then you're basically looking at a vault.
  • Options
    And the home one event only gives like 15 shards so it will be a while before 7 Star chimera is around unless they have packs for home one shards
  • Options
    Will it run a week like the other legi events?
  • Options
    WenHandel wrote: »
    According to devs you must have 7* Home One to enter the final phase of the Chimaera event. And you cannot get 7* Home One this month, only shards to get part way to 7*. So you either have to wait another month or two to complete Home One (too late for the Chimaera event) or you have to pay to buy the extra Home One shard packs.

The Home One challenge tomorrow does not give you 7* Home One.
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Oh, snap! So even completely the Mastery for Home One won't grant you 100 shards?

WEAK
    SAUCE

So yeah, if you want Thrawn's ship 7 star you have to dish out some cash.

Lame. Oh well.
  • Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Will it run a week like the other legi events?

Well they said the events would run monthly but hey weren’t clear if that included the chimera one as well as the older capital ships

• Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

So...you can just save up...there isn't really a huge reason to try and get a capital ship at 7 stars.