Requirements to unlock the Chimera

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    Got an important question.... How often is Bistan in TB shipments? I am at 23/85 right now. I am sure I cannot pull it out with fleet shipments alone. But can I with TB?..
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Well I got thrawns ship at 7* and it’s fun but not meta like everyone thought,
    It can be beat pretty easy with way weaker fleets at 6*.
  • Options
    Tuscan21 wrote: »
    ThunderGun wrote: »
    I agree, this game does give out lots and lots of premium currency that you don't really see in other games. F2P can do well but that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about the portion of the player base that wants to spend money but just isn't going to buy something of such terrible value. There are many people in my guild that would buy a more reasonably prices ship pack, including me. I have no problem spending money on this game (former whale here), I don't do much for entertainment aside from this game so I have money set aside for it but I simply won't buy something if it doesn't make any sense. Obviously it's working, the game is doing great. I feel it could do even better if the packs had more value and it would make the players feel better about spending instead of just feeling gouged by greed.

Before Henry Ford automobiles were made as luxuries for the rich and elite. He developed a product that was practical and affordable for the masses, and ended up making far more money in volume of sales.
    I believe mobile game companies could learn a lesson from history. But what they are doing is working for them so I expect the status quo to stay for now.

Mercedes Benz were doing very well before Henry Ford came along and are still selling elite products and doing very well.

There are cheaper games....
    Mercedes Benz...
    Over priced junk.(not that ford isnt, just less overpriced junk) But you are sidetracking the point I think.

Yes people pay good money to be above other players, but there is a market for a mid tier pay to play thats above f2p and below super whale that just doesnt seem to be tapped.
    There are cheaper games....
    There are better games

You are right. There does appear to be a gap for a mid tier game. This isn't one though. Nor is it the best game. However it is very addictive.

Mercedes Benz are often expensive but only had a brief period in the 90s of being junk. Otherwise they have not been junk at all.
  • Options
    Even if you get 7*, unless you're sitting on a ton of prestige points, it's gonna be awhile before the ship will be arena viable. I had like 200 and I still have a long way to go to make it worth my time
  • Options
    Wen Handel - October 6 -
    WenHandel wrote: »
    Wow, so if Home One cannot be made 7* in time for the Chimaera event without paying, then the Chimaera event is a pay-only event. CG/EA has come close to this before but never crossed that line, to my knowledge.

I've bought a ton of stuff in this game but there is no way I will participate in a pay-only event, on principle. I will get my Home One for free next month and wait for whenever the Chimaera event returns.

Wen Handel - October 10

Has 7* Chimaera.

Hahaha.
  • Options
    It'd be fair to say that many people are running low on prestige ability mats given that a lot of resources have been used for TB (e.g. improve capital ships to boost GP and TB points). Plus, the Chimaera event was again short notice...

Hence some people will unlock Chimaera but won't be able to fully max the abilities. Given the big sacrifices (e.g. money, resources, focus, time, etc.) we are making to be able to participate to this event, it would be fair if we could at least benefit from this ship to its full extent.

I don't understand why this event doesn't come with prestige ability mats and I really hope CG will recognize this problem and hopefully take remedial actions.

Thanks a lot @CG_Kozispoon
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It'd be fair to say that many people are running low on prestige ability mats given that a lot of resources have been used for TB (e.g. improve capital ships to boost GP and TB points). Plus, the Chimaera event was again short notice...

Hence some people will unlock Chimaera but won't be able to fully max the abilities. Given the big sacrifices (e.g. money, resources, focus, time, etc.) we are making to be able to participate to this event, it would be fair if we could at least benefit from this ship to its full extent.

I don't understand why this event doesn't come with prestige ability mats and I really hope CG will recognize this problem and hopefully take remedial actions.

Thanks a lot @CG_Kozispoon

Probably working as intended to stretch the lifespan of ships since there is so little ship content. I just suck it up and spend arena currency on prestige mats.

Good luck
  • Options
    I'm using all my prestige mats to max out the insta kill thing so i can get cooldowns to 4. I'll deal with the other stuff as it comes along
  • Options
    Don't forget you get prestige in every fleet commander event battle.
  • Options
    I can't agree that it's a whale only event... I farmed all fleet store only ships whenever they appeared there (only Rex not maxed yet), so the 5 Rebel ships were at 7 stars before Chimaera wa even announced. 3399 crystals are needed to get Home One to 7 stars, and given that I'm (and thousands more are) getting 400 crystals daily for Rank 1 in Fleet, it's just 9 days of these new extra rewards.
  • Options
    Wen Handel - October 6 -
    WenHandel wrote: »
    Wow, so if Home One cannot be made 7* in time for the Chimaera event without paying, then the Chimaera event is a pay-only event. CG/EA has come close to this before but never crossed that line, to my knowledge.

I've bought a ton of stuff in this game but there is no way I will participate in a pay-only event, on principle. I will get my Home One for free next month and wait for whenever the Chimaera event returns.

Wen Handel - October 10

Has 7* Chimaera.

Hahaha.

hahahaha !
  • Vahldin
    23 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I feel sorry for everybody except the whales. They haven't done a thing for ships in forever. Now they come out with this Capital ship that is probably going to dominate arena for the whales and only the whales. Nobody in their right mind would have sunk resources into Phoenix squad ships because they aren't that good. There is virtually no diversity in the make up of the top 50 fleet arena squads. The last time I checked, Akbar was lead in 4 teams on my shard in the top 50, so it's pretty obvious he's broke. Mostly Tarken leads with Windu coming is a distant second. The front five of nearly every team consists of Biggs, Fives, Vader, TFP, and usually FOTP, Fett, or GS. The bench is very similar too. Ships are a disaster. And to pour salt in the wound they had the battles for additional capital ship shards and I competed in everyone of them and still only got 45 shards for my Akbar lead. Now they are gone and I noticed they aren't available in the store (not that I'd buy them there anyway because it's a horrible shard to dollar ratio) so I have to ask...what was the point!?!? If you are not going to give us the opportunity to earn the upgrade through battle why have the event at all? Are you gonna bring it back soon? If not why did you even bother? Honestly ships are so messed up its not even funny.
  • Options
    I got Chim at 5* and I'm very happy with it. It probably is so much better than my Ackbar ship because I stopped caring about him ages ago so he's only gear 10, whereas my GAT is gear 11 and I use him in arena.

The crystals from being top 20 have even made up for dropping out of the top 20 in arena because I missed out on CLS. I'm really glad I farmed bistan's ship enough before the event to take part.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Vahldin wrote: »
    I feel sorry for everybody except the whales. They haven't done a thing for ships in forever. Now they come out with this Capital ship that is probably going to dominate arena for the whales and only the whales. Nobody in their right mind would have sunk resources into Phoenix squad ships because they aren't that good. There is virtually no diversity in the make up of the top 50 fleet arena squads. The last time I checked, Akbar was lead in 4 teams on my shard in the top 50, so it's pretty obvious he's broke. Mostly Tarken leads with Windu coming is a distant second. The front five of nearly every team consists of Biggs, Fives, Vader, TFP, and usually FOTP, Fett, or GS. The bench is very similar too. Ships are a disaster. And to pour salt in the wound they had the battles for additional capital ship shards and I competed in everyone of them and still only got 45 shards for my Akbar lead. Now they are gone and I noticed they aren't available in the store (not that I'd buy them there anyway because it's a horrible shard to dollar ratio) so I have to ask...what was the point!?!? If you are not going to give us the opportunity to earn the upgrade through battle why have the event at all? Are you gonna bring it back soon? If not why did you even bother? Honestly ships are so messed up its not even funny.
    Where's the idea that they're garbage come from? OH RIGHT, the massive, raging, throbbing, pulsating, veiny hate-ons this forum has for Phoenix Squad. Their ships are good, especially with Home One. Free target lock to trigger Biggs' taunt and protection recovery, give target stealth and have it assist along with another stealthed ally, all of which means buffs everywhere which gives Home One's AoE plenty of assists, and all of which give your characters protection up for days. They've got an AoE attack and an AoE buff along with ship-to-ship synergy.

Ghost and Phantom are really good ships. But to make them good you have to invest in Phoenix Squad and that's anathema to all the loudmouth meta-bois on this board.

I swear, it's like you guys made a deal with the devil where you get to finish #1 every day, but the moment you say "Phoenix isn't that bad" you'll explode in a cloud of sulfur or something... Get over yourselves.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Vahldin
    23 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Where's the idea that they're garbage come from? OH RIGHT, the massive, raging, throbbing, pulsating, veiny hate-ons this forum has for Phoenix Squad. Their ships are good, especially with Home One. Free target lock to trigger Biggs' taunt and protection recovery, give target stealth and have it assist along with another stealthed ally, all of which means buffs everywhere which gives Home One's AoE plenty of assists, and all of which give your characters protection up for days. They've got an AoE attack and an AoE buff along with ship-to-ship synergy.

Ghost and Phantom are really good ships. But to make them good you have to invest in Phoenix Squad and that's anathema to all the loudmouth meta-bois on this board.

I swear, it's like you guys made a deal with the devil where you get to finish #1 every day, but the moment you say "Phoenix isn't that bad" you'll explode in a cloud of sulfur or something... Get over yourselves.

Good lord dude, I said that Phoenix wasn't that great, Im fairly certain that doesn't qualify as a massive, raging, throbbing, pulsating, veiny hate-on. LOL Not much of a drama queen are we?

That being said I stand by everything I said and I don't feel I need to explain it. If the Pheonix ships were viable people would be using them and they are not.
  • Options
    And to pour salt in the wound they had the battles for additional capital ship shards and I competed in everyone of them and still only got 45 shards for my Akbar lead. Now they are gone and I noticed they aren't available in the store (not that I'd buy them there anyway because it's a horrible shard to dollar ratio) so I have to ask...what was the point!?!? If you are not going to give us the opportunity to earn the upgrade through battle why have the event at all? Are you gonna bring it back soon? If not why did you even bother? Honestly ships are so messed up its not even funny.
    If you had bought all the refreshes on the event, you would have 90 blueprints. The packs had a chance that's weighted to give you the lowest possible amount, which was 10. So it required one upgrade pack for each capital ship that you wanted to upgrade, if you did the math on the most economical way to get 7* in the first month. The point was to get you to spend several thousand crystals, or buy some if you didn't have any.

Otherwise, the events are supposed to return once per month, with a possibility of getting 30 blueprints for each ship (if you buy the refresh) each month. That's for the original capital ship. The Thrawn capital ship (Chimaera) event will come back when they feel like bringing it back -- could be several months till then.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Requires Home One Capital Ship, Ghost, Phantom 2, and any 3 other Rebel ships. Just as with all other Legendary events, each tier requires increasing star-rarity units. Chimaera can be unlocked after Tier 5 (5-Star units), and yes, tier 7 does require all 7-Star units including Home One.

We have our answer. Lets keep it on topic.

moved to correct sub forum.
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Good lord dude, I said that Phoenix wasn't that great, Im fairly certain that doesn't qualify as a massive, raging, throbbing, pulsating, veiny hate-on. LOL Not much of a drama queen are we?

That being said I stand by everything I said and I don't feel I need to explain it. If the Pheonix ships were viable people would be using them and they are not.
    @Vahldin
    I would disagree. They are great at 7* even with moderate gear of pilots. I use them in main fleet arena squad and I can take#1daily if I havr time. Their damage output is huge. The reason ppl don't use them is pilots. Gearing them is a huge pain. And their utility is not high enough to justify that massive amount of carbanties and stun guns/cuffs you need to drop for g10-11.
    P. S. I am in a fairly young arenas (started September 2016) but still I guess it doesn't mean they aren't great