Requirements to unlock the Chimera

Replies

• Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    ThunderGun wrote: »
    And the only way to get Home One to 7 star is to buy the Home One packs since the Fleet Mastery event only rewards 15 shards (returns every month). It would take you 6 months to get Home One to 7 star if you don't buy any packs, which is just in time for the return of the Chimaera legendary event (assuming 6 month cycle).

So...you can just save up...there isn't really a huge reason to try and get a capital ship at 7 stars.

Yes there is. 7 stars unlocks a new reserve spot for ships.
  • Options
    Dundadarr wrote: »
    It’s the first time a legendary event has been put behind a paywall. Not a good sign.

But its not. You can get 6* now. You can get 7* ftp, just takes time. Thats not a paywall thats just being impatient.
  • Options
    And the only way to get Home One to 7 star is to buy the Home One packs since the Fleet Mastery event only rewards 15 shards (returns every month). It would take you 6 months to get Home One to 7 star if you don't buy any packs, which is just in time for the return of the Chimaera legendary event (assuming 6 month cycle).

So...you can just save up...there isn't really a huge reason to try and get a capital ship at 7 stars.

I can't remember the last time my combat got even to the 8th ship...let alone the 9th.
  • Options

I can't remember the last time my combat got even to the 8th ship...let alone the 9th.

I'm guessing you run Tarkin, so you get to use your ultimate before getting that many reinforcements? A Mace ship can go through reinforcements in a hurry. I'm guessing with a Thrawn va Thrawn ship battle you might be able to go that deep too.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5u0ugdm041r2xmcc.gif
  • Options

I'm guessing you run Tarkin, so you get to use your ultimate before getting that many reinforcements? A Mace ship can go through reinforcements in a hurry. I'm guessing with a Thrawn va Thrawn ship battle you might be able to go that deep too.

Yup I run Tarkin but I hardly ever use the ultimate...like maybe 1 out 6 or 7 battles Thrawn on Thrawn will be similar to Tarkin on Tarkin battles.
  • Options
    Also have an extra reserve spot can simply give you flexibility too. For example, add someone like Poe who you can use on offense only if you have a chance to deploy him when there is no tank/stealth tonstop you from one shorting TFP.
  • Options
    You mean a company that pays employees to run , develop and communicate to a forum for a product have the gall to try and make money off it. They should know better and give stuff away free and make no money at all.
  • Options
    Also have an extra reserve spot can simply give you flexibility too. For example, add someone like Poe who you can use on offense only if you have a chance to deploy him when there is no tank/stealth tonstop you from one shorting TFP.

There aren't that many ships out there...if you are fighting TF and have Poe, you put him in to start.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    You mean a company that pays employees to run , develop and communicate to a forum for a product have the gall to try and make money off it. They should know better and give stuff away free and make no money at all.

Business planning 101. I approve.

I've only ever gotten 1 event toon first go, this one isn't going to add to that number. No biggie, catch it the next time around.

• Options

The game made $250k today on iOS alone..you can easily double and probably even triple that number for Android. The game is making plenty of money.. https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/
  • Options

There aren't that many ships out there...if you are fighting TF and have Poe, you put him in to start.

Poe can't 1 shot TFP from the start though. He can after I put some debuffs on his allies (I run Executrix). Sun Fac is a hell of a tank, but only if the enemy is buffed, so I like to use him in reserve too. Boba/Fives can come in a do massive damage if there are several target locked enemies. The best reinforcement to bring in can greatly depend on the situation.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

The game made $250k today on iOS alone..you can easily double and probably even triple that number for Android. The game is making plenty of money.. https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/

And?
  • Options

And?

I was replying to Shaolin_Fantastic_1 .. just pointing out that the game is doing just fine, no need for sarcastic comments about not making money and giving the game away for free.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Poe can't 1 shot TFP from the start though. He can after I put some debuffs on his allies (I run Executrix). Sun Fac is a hell of a tank, but only if the enemy is buffed, so I like to use him in reserve too. Boba/Fives can come in a do massive damage if there are several target locked enemies. The best reinforcement to bring in can greatly depend on the situation.

Yes and again. I get to my 6th...maybe 7th ship. I think my 8th ship has come into play like once in the last 3 months.

Also...not saying that there is no advantage but it's just not very important IMO.
  • Options
    Although if the game is making almost a million dollars a day, why can't the $70 pack at least unlock a ship? Is it really going to hurt CG's bottom line that much to price these packs more reasonably or at least give more value in the pack?
  • Options
    Although if the game is making almost a million dollars a day, why can't the $70 pack at least unlock a ship? Is it really going to hurt CG's bottom line that much to price these packs more reasonably or at least give more value in the pack?

Why should they? They will charge whatever the market will bear. No different than any other product.
  • Options
    Tuscan21 wrote: »
    Why do people keep saying it's $1000? Is there info on this?

I'm estimating a vault to complete Home One

Isn't that $100?
  • Options

Why should they? They will charge whatever the market will bear. No different than any other product.

Because there are lots of people out there that would buy a well valued pack. Whales will buy anything, they could double the price of the packs and they will still sell. But it leaves the vast majority of the player base scratching their heads and wondering if money is the only thing CG cares about. You don't have to look very far to see the angry and disgusted faces of people that like or even love this game, and that is not good for the game.
  • Options

Because there are lots of people out there that would buy a well valued pack. Whales will buy anything, they could double the price of the packs and they will still sell. But it leaves the vast majority of the player base scratching their heads and wondering if money is the only thing CG cares about. You don't have to look very far to see the angry and disgusted faces of people that like or even love this game, and that is not good for the game.

Market prices. They have crunched the numbers and figure out what the optimal (number sold X price) point.

You also realize that EA has opened up the crystal sources so that f2p/minnows have more options and source to get crystals.

You don't need to buy any of these packs to do well.
  • Options
    I agree, this game does give out lots and lots of premium currency that you don't really see in other games. F2P can do well but that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about the portion of the player base that wants to spend money but just isn't going to buy something of such terrible value. There are many people in my guild that would buy a more reasonably prices ship pack, including me. I have no problem spending money on this game (former whale here), I don't do much for entertainment aside from this game so I have money set aside for it but I simply won't buy something if it doesn't make any sense. Obviously it's working, the game is doing great. I feel it could do even better if the packs had more value and it would make the players feel better about spending instead of just feeling gouged by greed.
  • Options
    I agree, this game does give out lots and lots of premium currency that you don't really see in other games. F2P can do well but that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about the portion of the player base that wants to spend money but just isn't going to buy something of such terrible value. There are many people in my guild that would buy a more reasonably prices ship pack, including me. I have no problem spending money on this game (former whale here), I don't do much for entertainment aside from this game so I have money set aside for it but I simply won't buy something if it doesn't make any sense. Obviously it's working, the game is doing great. I feel it could do even better if the packs had more value and it would make the players feel better about spending instead of just feeling gouged by greed.

Before Henry Ford automobiles were made as luxuries for the rich and elite. He developed a product that was practical and affordable for the masses, and ended up making far more money in volume of sales.
    I believe mobile game companies could learn a lesson from history. But what they are doing is working for them so I expect the status quo to stay for now.
  • Matt_B
    149 posts Member
    Options
    FLEET MASTERY EVENT
    Power up your existing 6- star Capital Ships to 7- star in these 3 different events!
    Home One Fleet Mastery (Requires Light Side Ships).
    Endurance Fleet Mastery (Requires Light Side Ships).
    Executrix Fleet Mastery (Requires Dark Side Ships).

It's got to be a mistake. This is copied directly from the release update. So you're saying these events will not power up your capital ship to 7* even though CG posted that they will?
  • Options
    Matt_B wrote: »
    FLEET MASTERY EVENT
    Power up your existing 6- star Capital Ships to 7- star in these 3 different events!

It's got to be a mistake. This is copied directly from the release update. So you're saying these events will not power up your capital ship to 7* even though CG posted that they will?

You get 15 blueprints each event. They will power your ships to 7*, after about 6 months (or possibly crystal refreshes)
  • Matt_B
    149 posts Member
    Options
    Ok I didn't think about crystal refreshes, that would make more sense.

Otherwise it might as well just be a hard node with a 30 day timer to replay. I mean, I wouldn't tell someone that 9-A rewards a 7* DN. The reward is a DN shard.
  • Options
    Dretzle wrote: »
    Matt_B wrote: »
    FLEET MASTERY EVENT

You get 15 blueprints each event. They will power your ships to 7*, after about 6 months (or possibly crystal refreshes)

No way will there be crystal refreshes if there are packs.
  • Options
    It is definitely sneaky. In about an hour players will find out that they can't get 7* Home One from the challenge, and therefore can't get 7* Chimaera. Until now EA has been obscuring this and publicising the new Chimaera ship as though it was a regular legendary event/launch.

I guess EA has a little time to still do the right thing before all hell breaks loose.

Crossing the line to launching a pay-only legendary event without being honest about it is simply wrong. And it's obnoxious and unnecessary. It is hard enough for players to get 7* Ghost, Phantom and Bistan's U-Wing. To find out that cash is required too - that's a gratuitous cash grab and it's disrespectful to the players who have done everything possible to farm their ships. Worst of all, we can all see that it was designed to be this way. It is intentional. Players who successfully farmed the Phoenix ships will now feel they are forced to pay a fee, otherwise their efforts were for nothing.
  • WenHandel
    165 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This isn't about whether EA is entitled to make money from the game. It is about them advertising a new event, getting players excited and farming the ships, and concealing that the advertised prize cannot be obtained without making additional purchases.

I've paid for plenty of stuff in this game and I'm ok with that. But this is different. This is cynical, deceptive, and a kind of extortion. Ok, the only players who are hurt by this are ones who have farmed 7* Phoenix ships, and that probably isn't very many. But the principle is all wrong and if they can do this then next time they use these tactics it will affect far more.
  • Zabak
    165 posts Member
    Options
    Because i don't want to spend 4800 crystals for it.
  • Options