Thrawn Event

Replies

• Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Chopper is much better than Sabine I think. Only reason I did not use him is that I don't have him at 7 stars
  • Options
    Tarugo91 wrote: »
    got 7 thrawn. used ezra g10, chopper g9, hera,kanan,zeb g8. decent mods but not arena level. when available i tried to debuff thrawn with zeb. but kill dt first. always call zeb for assist.

Same advices, same gear levels. Put speed on everyone, and health and protection as well. Finished with all standing in front of Him
  • Options
    Completed it with ezra g10 and the rest g8 with chopper inside. All omega unique, lv7 basic and special. No zeta. And mediocre mods.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Do we know its harder or it just feels harder?

As many have said here, this is really a speed race. If you can out pace the death troopers you should be fine. Thrawn's opener will also set the tone of the fight. If he opens with fracture on ezra or zeb you might as well restart. If he uses his TM swap you're in for a good first couple rounds. Also use backup plan and kanaan taunt as soon as possible. DT's can rez block which has happened a few times on 2nd/3rd turn, but they always seem to open with grenade. I don't know if its better to daze the DTs or thrawn, but either should help.

I haven't yet finished the 7 star, however. Just did about 5 runs this AM with diff comps to test waters and read AI tendencies. Conclusion: Speed is definitely the biggest issue (and rng of opener) and will require mod swaps to get hera and zeb faster for me.

Team: Hera (L) g8/S149, kanaan g8/S113, chopper g9/S165, zeb g8/S126, ezra g10/S170
  • Options
    So it's impossible without Ezra true? The other 5 at G11 can't do it yeah
    I did it at the first time the event appear without ezra. Toon was g8 to g10. Mods were all 5 dots level 15 not very powerfull. Did it on the fourth try, i lost kanan et chopper....

• Options
    It was easy. Only Kanan died here. Hera G8, Ezra G11, Kanan G8, Zeb G8 and Chopper G8. Tank first, DT's, healer and Thrawn.
  • Dado90
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Guys, you are complaining too much - it's very feasible with all G8 and even bad mods if you know what you are doing.

https://swgoh.gg/u/dado90/collection/?f=phoenix

There, that's the squad I just used to get Thrawn down on my first (!) attempt. All G8, no Sabine, junk mods I had lying around because I didn't want to touch my arena team, too much of a hassle. Only Ezra had okay speed (like +50), followed by Hera who had like +30 speed and all 3 tanks almost no speed, only protection on all possible mods (arrow, triangle, cross, circle with primaries, secondaries all over the place) because they need to survive as many fractures as possible.

Tactics: be smart! Dispell the taunt, the two DTs get full counters after their AOEs and should have lost almost all of their protection. Dispell at least one of their buffs with Chopper. Afterwards it's super simple - you have to taunt with Chopper, he gets fractured. Then you taunt with Kanan and keep his protection up with Zeb and himself. If needed use Hera's revive. Then get Chopper's protection up again and watch the taunting Kanan get fractured. Just keep repeating this "taunt rotation" between Kanan and Chopper and replenishing their protection as much as possible. I actually didn't use Hera's revive at all. And while doing the "taunt rotation", Ezra and Hera use each other for assists - first the DTs, then the healers, then the pre-taunter and Thrawn last. I know people say that you should call Zeb for daze and stuns but nope, I went with Hera-Ezra-Hera-Ezra all the time and it paid off.

As a reference point: Thrawn fractured and killed Kanan (Zeb and Chopper were dead before him so no more tanks from this point on), with my next assist from Hera-Ezra his protection was gone and I just kept lashing out on him with the assists and specials until he was dead, he didn't get in another fracture.

They didn NOT make the event harder. G8 definitely IS enough. Play smart, maybe have a bit of luck and get your 7* Thrawn - it's absolutely possible.

If I had used my arena mods (which you can also see on swgoh.gg if interested) I possibly could have auto'd it or at least gone without losing a single toon.
  • Options
    This event is impossible...
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member
    Options
    Don't complain I did it with all g8 except Ezra g11. Its not impossible
  • Options
    There is a lot of good advice over these pages. Follow it and it's achievable. I initially thought it was impossible with a gear 8 team but managed it. You have to accept it will take a few goes to pass it due to RNG
  • Options
    If he opens with fracture on ezra or zeb you might as well restart
    Indeed. I got lucky and I won even though Ezra got fractured immediately. For some reason Zeb went super sayan and I could daze/stun both DTs so I wasn't too bothered with them. As soon as Ezra came back into the game, I put back up plan on him because his health took a big hit and I could divert the heat toward Chopper. Zeb even froze Thrawn later on when he was the last ennemy toon around.

Zeb's daze/stun basic, Hera's backup plan and call for assist as well as Ezra's damage output were the reasons I could beat it. The Phoenix squad really has an amazing tool kit, their global damage output is low but they are a great tactical team.
  • AbrekV
    54 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    İ did it with this team with my arena mods. At the fourth time.
    unknown.png
    Chopper unique need to be omega'd and always call chopper with ezra's assist attack so ezra gain tm because chopper is a support character.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Did another two failed runs. Issue i'm having is the DT ai keep focusing whoever thrawn fractures and wiping them with double deathmark despite the backup plan buff. Prevents me from ever keeping up a protection stack on my taunter. Bad RNG?

EDIT: Yes it was. Got to thrawn alone three times now but he's getting chance to take down zeb while I kill ST's. Just too much TM gain without zeb.
  • Options
    Thanks CG. Spent months leveling up PS. Can't even get close to beating the last stage.

I have Ezra (g10), Hera (g10), Kanan (g9), Sabine (g9), Zeb (g8).

I'm moving on in life if I can't get Thrawn to 7*. This is beyond insane.
  • Options
    Oh and before anyone asks, yes good mods. No excuse for this.
  • Options
    Thanks CG. Spent months leveling up PS. Can't even get close to beating the last stage.

Use good mods please, with speed and and protection and you'll succeed. Follow the kill orderof and it will be a cakewalk
  • Options
    Nedus wrote: »

Use good mods please, with speed and and protection and you'll succeed. Follow the kill orderof and it will be a cakewalk

Bull. Speed is fine and so are the mods. Stop defending. This is a legitimate complaint.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    So retry, retry, it seems impossible to me you can't succeed. You can do it
  • Options

Same for me except I have Ezra g11 and can only take out 1 trooper on wave 4 before being crushed. Being 4 waves with a low damage team this is very time consuming to retry multiple times. Sure doesn't encourage me to farm for events Back to the arenas and raid team farming; you'd think they'd want to reward people who spent to quick farm so they'd do it again next time. Instead the money and resources that went into the 500 shards to get them to seven stars is clearly wasted ( not to mention gear)
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    I ran it without chopper.

Sabine G11
    Ezra G10
    Hera G8
    Kanan G8
    Zeb G8

Sabine and Ezra have good mods (Sabine has almost arena worthy mods) and the other 3 have decent mods: nothing special, but level 15 and 5*.

Make sure you mod your toons with a good amount of protection. Zeb's unique gives them all 15% protection recovery whenever they take turns.

As far as strategy, I recommend dropping Hera's backup plan on Kanan ASAP when you reach Thrawn and then make him taunt. He has decent defense and protection to absorb some hits but he WILL go down and be revived. I used Ezra to remove the stormtrooper taunt and then went after the deathtroopers first. Sabine was fractured first (probably because she is the fastest) so she was largely a non factor. Use Zebs sweep attack to knock out the special buff on a DT and potentially Sabine's AOE to hit the other. Try to use the assists on Hera and Ezra to call your damage dealers and take out the DT quickly. Ignore Thrawn until everyone else is dead. Use armor shred on him to make him go down faster and protection regain abilities plus backup plan to keep your guys alive because Thrawn still hits hard.

Hope this helps in some way.

Wow - I have similar team, but just cannot get this far.

What are your speeds and what sets did you use for them? I used 220+ speeds on nearly all of them, with as much health/survivability as I could - but just cannot get past last stage.
  • Options
    What are your speeds and what sets did you use for them? I used 220+ speeds on nearly all of them, with as much health/survivability as I could - but just cannot get past last stage.[/quote]

I have absolutely no clue how you cannot beat it...you must be doing something wrong with the tactics - please refer to my post on top of page 3, it might help you

• Options
    Ah but you have chopper who helps surviveability

I don't.

That will be my issue :(
  • Options
    I found it impossible without chopper, was using sabine at first. Nearly 50 attempts before I caved in and spent credits/gear on chopper. Worked like a charm because I beat it first time with chopper in the team. Mine were all level 80 (chopper was 82), G8 (except Ezra who was gear 9) and all uniques omegad
  • Options
    ASRA9632 wrote: »
    I found it impossible without chopper, was using sabine at first. Nearly 50 attempts before I caved in and spent credits/gear on chopper. Worked like a charm because I beat it first time with chopper in the team. Mine were all level 80 (chopper was 82), G8 (except Ezra who was gear 9) and all uniques omegad

That has been my discovery as well to my dismay . I won't be able to get thrawn 7 star until next event because my chopper is only 4 stars because I think he is the kittenish Star Wars canon character. Hate that I am going to have to farm him to get thrawn. Thought for sure I could over gear everyone and get him. Lame.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    I need to gear the phenix more to win... Sabine is 10 Ezra is 10 Hera is 9 And Kanan and Zeb are 8.
    The problem is I can't get gear anymore since the fleet store was ruined. So...Im just gonna quit the game because Its not fun anymore. It hasn't been fun since I was forced to gear characters that I hate. This game feels more like a job that a fun thing to do on the toilet.
  • Options
    I got it done all gear 8 no Sabine. Ezra and Hera close to g9. LASt battle need luck against thrawn
  • Options
    I couldn't get it to work with Sabine.
  • Options
    Got him! It was all RNG.
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member
    Options
    I need to gear the phenix more to win... Sabine is 10 Ezra is 10 Hera is 9 And Kanan and Zeb are 8.
    The problem is I can't get gear anymore since the fleet store was ruined. So...Im just gonna quit the game because Its not fun anymore. It hasn't been fun since I was forced to gear characters that I hate. This game feels more like a job that a fun thing to do on the toilet.

I did it with g8

suck-it-up-crybaby.jpg