The whole Nightsister thing

Replies

• Options
    I agree however the lower star and gear the better nightsisters are so what is the point?
  • Options
    LOL, I love how so many people still don't think nightsisters are Meta, they auto every team on offence, are by far the best team on defence and what is the supposed weakness? Imperial troopers can beat them easily? Great, just swap in your g11/12 trooper squad that absolutely sucks vs everyone else!
    My Dec '15 shard is dominated by them and go have a look through team Instincts .gg, you will see they nearly all run them.
    what other team can auto through GK/zarriss', Luke leads, JTRey leads etc? They are the best arena team bar none. There is ways to beat them off course there is but they do not need to change anything to beat you, just click auto and thats why they are meta.
  • Options
    Revi wrote: »
    I agree however the lower star and gear the better nightsisters are so what is the point?

Not really - if they're too weak they just all get killed.
  • Options
    DasMurich wrote: »
    I don't know. Just says in the video and he says it defended against 60 teams, took an hour and half to beat. Also against a very "Whaley" guild. The thing I find kind interesting was the Asajj lead and swapping out Acolyte for Talia. I so so wish we could set teams only our guild mates could go against just for feedback. Like private matches. GW and such is great for trying things but you're on offense and I think that's rarely reflective of how a team performs on defense.

Is there a video of this happening? The one thing that could have been going on is mabe the characters stacking isn't going away between battles. If so ventress aoe would be visious
    Revi wrote: »

Not really - if they're too weak they just all get killed.

+1 only nightsister haters use that as an excuse. They are way better geared and stared.
  • Options
    @ProximaB1_ I am pretty sure it was Team Instinct that had the infamous last stand Nightsister team in tw
  • Options
    DaveAugust wrote: »
    LOL, I love how so many people still don't think nightsisters are Meta, they auto every team on offence, are by far the best team on defence and what is the supposed weakness? Imperial troopers can beat them easily? Great, just swap in your g11/12 trooper squad that absolutely sucks vs everyone else!
    My Dec '15 shard is dominated by them and go have a look through team Instincts .gg, you will see they nearly all run them.
    what other team can auto through GK/zarriss', Luke leads, JTRey leads etc? They are the best arena team bar none. There is ways to beat them off course there is but they do not need to change anything to beat you, just click auto and thats why they are meta.

Well said.

Their kit is beyond powerful.
    They are fast, can beat any team in auto, get so much turn meter, they have so many stuns.

And that is a description of the bad teams, at g12 with good mods, their defense is really tight.

Sure the meta can beat them, or a good team with a combination of stun, fracture, buff immunity, but they are so much more powerful than the current CLS meta
  • Options
    is a broken team - What EA doesn't realize is this is costing them money - no need to go after spirit or Rey or anything else - Fix the Zombie and this team falls apart -

This team is costing the developers money
  • Putnam
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Mobewan wrote: »

Well said.

They are fast, can beat any team in auto, get so much turn meter, they have so many stuns.

And that is a description of the bad teams, at g12 with good mods, their defense is really tight.

Sure the meta can beat them, or a good team with a combination of stun, fracture, buff immunity, but they are so much more powerful than the current CLS meta

This is absolutely wrong. Their kit is not “beyond powerful” you just have to understand how it works in order to beat it.

I have a maxed nightsisters team (zetas and all) they are NOT the best team on defense. When i reach 1 in arena i don’t stay their long with nightsisters. They are beaten EASILY by zeta Veers Trooper teams, death trooper, nihilus teams, etc. you just have to kill the other nightsisters before you kill zombie....

There is no “best team” in this game. There are 20+ teams you can use to take 1st in arena. To say that nightsisters are “breaking the game” is completely daft. They are just a unique group with a super unique kit and synergy.

Strong GK/Zariss teams are much better on defense than nightsisters
  • Options
    DasMurich wrote: »
    I just took #1 in arena!!! Bwah ha ha haaaa

Haha you are in my shard... closing in on 40 and below but still need to get everyone up to gear XI... I don’t have Acoylte so that also hurts but having fun with the team..

• Options
    @Mobewan Absolutely mate and if you just read through that fellas reply to you, you'll see his answer was that they lose to Zeta Veers and DN teams, you know, the ones that everyone runs at top end arena and beats other teams too.
    Imagine thinking a GK Zarriss team was better on defence, its madness, when you attack sisters you can flip a coin for rng to win or lose, vs GK Zarriss, it would take a catastrophic error to lose.
  • Options
    @Mobewan Absolutely mate and if you just read through that fellas reply to you, you'll see his answer was that they lose to Zeta Veers and DN teams, you know, the ones that everyone runs at top end arena and beats other teams too.
    Imagine thinking a GK Zarriss team was better on defence, its madness, when you attack sisters you can flip a coin for rng to win or lose, vs GK Zarriss, it would take a catastrophic error to lose.

@DaveAugust also notice that he doesnt say zVeers can hold on defense against nightsisters. Just that they can beat his team

His strategic advice to me is to kill them all and then kill zombie ... what the heck, who doesnt know that, lolol.

I am not going to gear up zVeers troopers to switch in against an ns team.

Of course CLS with han solo and thrawn can beat nightsisters (even 2 of these 3 can do it), but not on auto. You have to be fast, and attack in a very specific way, where ns can beat EVERY team on auto even with far less gear.

When a 2* zombie, 2* spirit, 4* MT at 70k gp can beat mega mod CLS meta of 100k gp, that is extremely overpowered.
  • Options

We may be on different levels of this game. I stay in top 10 in arena everyday.

I’m telling you, nightsisters aren’t this overpowered cheat code in this game y’all think they are. They’re just another team...it’s not just DT and Nihilus teams that can beat them, it’s teams across all factions. If you can’t beat them, maybe you need to gear you characters higher or get better mods.

It’s easy -

Remove taunt from zombie (by killing him or by buff immunity, etc) Stun talzin, kill daka, kill talzin, kill asajj, then keep killing zombie until you can use enough AoE attacks (usually from r2’s burn) to kill acolyte. Or use another AoE cleaner like baze to get her out of stealth. Piece of cake
  • Options
    Putnam wrote: »

Well said.

This is absolutely wrong. Their kit is not “beyond powerful” you just have to understand how it works in order to beat it.

I have a maxed nightsisters team (zetas and all) they are NOT the best team on defense. When i reach 1 in arena i don’t stay their long with nightsisters. They are beaten EASILY by zeta Veers Trooper teams, death trooper, nihilus teams, etc. you just have to kill the other nightsisters before you kill zombie....

There is no “best team” in this game. There are 20+ teams you can use to take 1st in arena. To say that nightsisters are “breaking the game” is completely daft. They are just a unique group with a super unique kit and synergy.

I use wedge, biggs, han zolo, gk r2 and i destroy g12 gk/zbariss

They hold on defense because CLS teams prefer a shorter battle

You dont hold on defense because other players target these new ns teams to knock them down
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

We may be on different levels of this game. I stay in top 10 in arena everyday.

I’m telling you, nightsisters aren’t this overpowered cheat code in this game y’all think they are. They’re just another team...it’s not just DT and Nihilus teams that can beat them, it’s teams across all factions. If you can’t beat them, maybe you need to gear you characters higher or get better mods.

It’s easy -

Remove taunt from zombie (by killing him or by buff immunity, etc) Stun talzin, kill daka, kill talzin, kill asajj, then keep killing zombie until you can use enough AoE attacks (usually from r2’s burn) to kill acolyte. Or use another AoE cleaner like baze to get her out of stealth. Piece of cake

I have battled more nightsister teams than you, and fyi i got top payout every day.

As i said a minute ago, fracture, buff immunity, stun
    If you have 2/3 they can be beat.
    R2 burn does not work. In case you didnt know, acolyte can get 20% health on hit and can attack twice. Acolyte teams are easier for me to beat with wedge aoe than a really fast spirit (stun) or even talia (heal cleanse turn meter in 1 move)

I was beating them easily until they kept adding zetas and speed, and i have one of the fastest teams in my shard. We have super fast rex teams who also struggle with them. We win against each other reliably, but against ns they have so many stuns and turn meter manipulation specials and when falling in health. Not to mention ventriss cleanses my team and takes my tm away. And ventris stun, daka double stun, spirit stun.
    Not to mention plague and resurection.

I know how to play this game, and your girls are overpowered

I agree we are on different levels of the game. I recognize a powerful skill set and you dont. Maybe you need to speed up your team a bit
  • Options

Well said.

You dont hold on defense because other players target these new ns teams to knock them down

Your in a really easy shard if wiggs anything holds on defense.
  • Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »

Well said.

I am in a june shard.
    I am the only wiggs in top 20 because of my speed and han solo, gk, r2. Mostly amazing rex teams with 1 CLS. We are on a discord server.

You said before you dont hokd #1 for long. Of course you dont, other people have payouts after you. And theyre probably on a discord server too. You must be new to top payouts.
  • Options
    @Putnam Maybe we are different levels, I finish 1st every day on a December '15 shard. You've completely missed the point to suit an argument that didn't exist. Nightsisters win on auto on offence against more teams than anyone else. The new Rey teams in their current guise, the classic Luke meta, the GK, zarriss turtles all get wiped out by them with ease. They are of course beatable and even easily so with certain set ups but they categorically are the best arena team right now. They beat everything, no other team does so without interchanging.

Nightsisters defence is solid because it throws RNG into the mix so heavily that you either have a 45 second easy victory or get ripped to shreds.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Hey guys, i don't finish #1 every day and i'm not on a launch leaderboard.
    Does this blow your mind or what?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • DaveAugust
    158 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @Mobewan Absolutely mate, you are preaching to the choir here. I am not even here saying they need a nerf or crying or whinging, just stating clear facts, they ARE a meta team, they are not unbeatable, they just are better than almost everything else and incredibly versatile at top end arena.

I'd like to have a look at his team to see what low levels we are playing at compared to him :wink:
    Here is my account details to open the discussion, I am no god of the game but certainly no rookie noob! swgoh.gg/u/hobnob/

Logray is not a normal feature of course but he is my cure for nightsisters :smiley:
  • Options

Well said.

I am in a june shard.
    I am the only wiggs in top 20 because of my speed and han solo, gk, r2. Mostly amazing rex teams with 1 CLS. We are on a discord server.

You said before you dont hokd #1 for long. Of course you dont, other people have payouts after you. And theyre probably on a discord server too. You must be new to top payouts.

My shard is dominated by one guild. So it's a free-for-all unless your in that guild. Wasn't trying to belittle your squad. It dominates nightsisters which if your in a young shard they are everywhere.
  • Options
    I mean, just because you use zeta Veers against Nightsisters doesn't mean you have to use them 8 minutes later when you do your next attack... Unless you're hit in that short window, you're fine.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    @DaveAugust
    Nice profile, very nice.
    I will have CLS soon and Thrawn next time.

And to deal with NS, i dont feel like giving boba my best mods or gearing up chaze to move up in arena when i have CLS right around the corner. When i have the tools to deal with them again, i will, no worries.

Its wierd when we state the obvious about how strong they are, they cry. You are right about the fact that you never said anything about a nerf, nor did i say anything about a nerf.

If ns teams dont know how overpowered they are, its them that need to learn to play, not us.
  • Options
    @ProximaB1_ doesnt happen to end in 66 by any chance?
  • Options
    One of my guildies said he used his Jawas against a similar quality nightsisters squad in tw. They dominated. the nightsisters had better speed so they all went putting bombs on them. Then he simply set them off. Not really relevant to the conversation. But something I plan on trying in tw.
  • Options
    @Mobewan I don't think Boba will help too much against them mate tbh but chaze will, if you feel like spending lots of serious gear on a cure that is pretty much useless against every other team!
    Agreed, it is a strange thing, you get attacked for saying that a team is strong when a team is strong. Internet is a crazy old place :smiley:
  • Options

Well said.

I am in a june shard.

My shard is dominated by one guild. So it's a free-for-all unless your in that guild. Wasn't trying to belittle your squad. It dominates nightsisters which if your in a young shard they are everywhere.

I used to dominate them even at them g12, until they got a few more zetas and more speed a few days ago.
  • Options
    @Mobewan I don't think Boba will help too much against them mate tbh but chaze will, if you feel like spending lots of serious gear on a cure that is pretty much useless against every other team!
    Agreed, it is a strange thing, you get attacked for saying that a team is strong when a team is strong. Internet is a crazy old place :smiley:

Boba is really good against them. He can kill zombie to get his revive back when ever he wants. His aoe does ability block which prevents additional plague and if you execute Mt the match is basically over. Which is easy to do with his ability to avoid taunts.
  • Options

My boba was already in my arena team a while back so hes g11 but he has slow mods on him.

But you are right chaze makes it much more reliable. I froze them at g9 as I'm saving gear for CLS. The buff immunity will be great.
  • Options
    @ProximaB1_ the problem I am running into is sisters running at 300 speed with tm craziness, killing the zombie to recover his protection is kinda useless when his health is too low to survive plague. I have won using a g12 Zoba but its incredibly unreliable and he is usually dead before he gets to do anything
  • Options
    @ProximaB1_ the problem I am running into is sisters running at 300 speed with tm craziness, killing the zombie to recover his protection is kinda useless when his health is too low to survive plague. I have won using a g12 Zoba but its incredibly unreliable and he is usually dead before he gets to do anything

I haven't run into any with 300 speed. I could see that being trouble for boba. His health is his biggest issue. If your out modded significantly even counters aren't good enough.