The whole Nightsister thing

Replies

• Options
    I didn't believe the nightsister hype at first but anyone who was on that beta server arena shard is left in absolutely no doubt whatsoever about what a nightmare they are. I'm begrudgingly going back to gear them now. Everyone will be in a world of hurt when GvG starts and they come across a wall of them on 1st wave defence teams.
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I didn't read all of the comments. Seems like the comments were, I like it, I not.
    I want to know if Darth Maul and Savage are going to work with Mother Talzin?
    I don't know all the in and outs of the game. There is so much to learn to this game.
    Any help would be greatfull.
    I doubt savage and maul will work with talzin. They weren’t nightsisters, they were men of the same species, and even though they did have guidance from talzin it was after the nightsisters died. It’s a nice thought but I doubt they will work with talzin.

Gameplay wise, yes, Savage Opress works well with mama Talzin.
    Because MT deals damage that ignore protection, allowing SO to trigger "Overpower" faster.

I think a team like :
    Savage Opress (lead)
    Sith Trooper
    Sith assassin
    Mother Talzin
    any 5th (GK, Daka, DN)

could work.

Or on the other hand, plug in Opress in a NS team.

Post edited by aerendhil on
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Nightsisters used dark magick to turn their dead into fighters, and preserve their spirits so they could still communicate with the living. CANON.

It's kinda' weird how nobody had a problem having Old Daka in this game the whole time, but suddenly get miffed about the zombie, which is basically a direct compliment to her character and are featured in her episode.

It's like " omg Star Wars has zombies now how dumb" even though Daka has been here raising the dead for awhile now already lol, not to mention its canon.

That or they never played Old Republic. Visit scenic Taris.

Are you referring to these?
    latest?cb=20140324140459

Ugh... I hated those things. There were always just so many of them...
    Those **** raklings...

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Rahkgouls I believe they are called. They are not zombies but a disease caused by Sith magic by Sith Lord Karness Muur -

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rakghoul
  • Options
    Are we not getting Defense of Dathomir this month? I know the nov calendar says subject to change and all events may not be listed, but isn't it getting kind of late in the month?
  • Options
    I think like Wickett, it comes back after three months and then monthly after that. So I expect January, then February, March, and so on.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Rahkgouls I believe they are called. They are not zombies but a disease caused by Sith magic by Sith Lord Karness Muur -

Rakhghouls were endemic to Taris. These actually are zombies, reanimated by Old Daka to defend Dathomir.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Lord_Massacus
    183 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I think like Wickett, it comes back after three months and then monthly after that. So I expect January, then February, March, and so on.

Devs have confirmed Heroic Events are monthly. It'll be at some point this month I'm sure.
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • Options
    I'm thoroughly amazed that people are having a hard time figuring out how to kill them. Even whales with every available character.

Fracture zombie, buff immunity on na, kill daka, kill na, mt.

There are many other methods to use, but just don't leave na and daka alive long to avoid the stealth loop. Throw in B2 if all else fails and it's even easier.

• Options
    And have you think of a good NS TB team....mines seem to be crushed with all aoe and heal tb rebels have
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

Rakhghouls were endemic to Taris. These actually are zombies, reanimated by Old Daka to defend Dathomir.

Yes - what the Nightsisters have going on are zombies - no dispute there.

Same with Geonosians - if you watch the Clone Wars
  • Options
    How good are Nightsisters? My Resistance team (zFinn lead - although not optimally geared and moded yet) ran into a Talzin-lead, mixed team on Node 1 of GW. That is, the new uber-easy mode version of GW. All the AI characters were between L70 and 75.

I got wrecked.

Talzin drops her Plague and with no cleanse it just ate away at the HP of my guys. I ran it a second time figuring I just didn't take it seriously and same thing. And this was not a team with great synergy, just Talzin and Talia from NS and a few other DS characters. Eventually I got past them but its clear that any decent NS team now you at least have to know what you're doing and plan your attack accordingly.
  • Options

Actually the real problem is G4 Zombie. The Endless Horde needs to be an ability given to G10. At G4 it takes all non attacker 2-3 hits. You cant fracture it. So it just keeps rezzing. CLS gives you a chance bc he can ignore the taunt, but you kill Daka and then you just get stun locked. Really annoying.

~D
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Ya my CLS team gets wrecked by nightsisters.

Opposing team is:

Leader: MT (G11 7* with zetas), Daka, Ventress and Talia (all 7* G11) then zombie (G11 but only 2*!!!)

Its maddening.

All the revives, taunts, plague - and they all have wicked speed mods - its a massacre!
  • Options
    What is extremely disturbing about the whole nightsister thing, is how people who pay a few hundred dollars per character can dominate in arena against people who have spent months farming and gearing up the many characters required to achieve one of the existing metas.
  • Options
    I spent 0 on NS and still dominate the meta so no the NS are not only a $ faction.
  • Options
    Mobewan wrote: »
    What is extremely disturbing about the whole nightsister thing, is how people who pay a few hundred dollars per character can dominate in arena against people who have spent months farming and gearing up the many characters required to achieve one of the existing metas.

Sadly arena is mostly p2w.
  • Options

First off, that's not true. I'm from a November 2015 arena shard. I have spent about $50 since launch (2 years). I can finish #1 in arena. There are exceptions - people who have had the bad luck of having multiple whales that share there payout times. But for the most part smart f2p players can still finish in the top of their arena. At least top 10-20 which is really all you need to stay competitive in most apsects of the game over the long term.

Secondly, the game is not a free service. Those that pay to support the game and it's development should derive some benefit - otherwise what would be the point of spending any money in the first place?

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I'm thoroughly amazed that people are having a hard time figuring out how to kill them. Even whales with every available character.

There are many other methods to use, but just don't leave na and daka alive long to avoid the stealth loop. Throw in B2 if all else fails and it's even easier.

if you can fracture zombie, than you are playing against really bad team... i am sorry to bring it to you but you have no clue why NS are so overpowered and why they work. They have few hardcounters but what your saying makes 0 sense againts the top teams. You can not immunity block or fracture or what so ever the zombie in a good composed team. Think about it again :)
  • Options
    I hate the CLS - Clone Luke Skywalker - Meta - more then any other one in just how uniform every team is. I'm SO happy to be part of the NS wave. Yeah, I can lose on defense, EVERY TEAM can lose on defense, but I lose less now and I win far more readily.
    I'm like "_" this close to Zetaing Daka, on top of everything else. Do they need it? I don't know, hopeing it's another edge on defense, mostly.
    The Asajj mass buff removal is no joke either. After Chaze and R2 or whatever comb does their mumbo jumbo, she can just undo it all, essentially for free with how her TM keeps popping.
    This is also the only team I have that can get through wave 4 of the DS TB reliably. Yeah, I saw that guys post on TM/AB/CS removal... my best all zeta'd sith and empire teams are unable to do it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    What is the requirements again for the Nightsister event (similar to Ewok) that lets you farm MT?

Can anyone remember?
  • Options
    What is the requirements again for the Nightsister event (similar to Ewok) that lets you farm MT?

Can anyone remember?

Five 5* NS. The originals will do, don't need Zombie, Spirit or MT herself.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    I hate the CLS - Clone Luke Skywalker - Meta - more then any other one in just how uniform every team is. I'm SO happy to be part of the NS wave. Yeah, I can lose on defense, EVERY TEAM can lose on defense, but I lose less now and I win far more readily.
    I'm like "_" this close to Zetaing Daka, on top of everything else. Do they need it? I don't know, hopeing it's another edge on defense, mostly.
    The Asajj mass buff removal is no joke either. After Chaze and R2 or whatever comb does their mumbo jumbo, she can just undo it all, essentially for free with how her TM keeps popping.
    This is also the only team I have that can get through wave 4 of the DS TB reliably. Yeah, I saw that guys post on TM/AB/CS removal... my best all zeta'd sith and empire teams are unable to do it.

I zeta'd Daka, and honestly don't see much difference in arena. It seems to play the biggest role in tank phase 3.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    APX_919 wrote: »

Can anyone remember?

Dang! 5*!? I thought it was 4*. Oh well doesn't look like I will get MT anytime soon then.
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »

Can anyone remember?

Dang! 5*!? I thought it was 4*. Oh well doesn't look like I will get MT anytime soon then.

No one's getting a 7* MT anytime soon - dis here be a whale watching cruise!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Nightsisters are most definitely savage as f*ck.

I ran my team through GW yesterday just to see how they'd do, because they're not great, really? Just for fun?? They have mostly lousy mods, some with missing slots, and mostly unmaxed abilites, so I didn't expect much from them. This is the team I ran:

Mother Talzin ( leader ) - lvl 85, gear 8, 3 stars
    Old Daka - lvl 85, gear 10, 7 stars
    Ventress - lvl 80, gear 9, 7 stars
    Nightsister Spirit, lvl 60, gear 7, 3 stars
    Nightsister Zombie, lvl 61, gear 8, 3 stars

They crushed through every node until the very last node, and they did it with ease. I was amazed.
  • Options
    I love destroying gear 12 CLS led teams in the 300's or even 200's arena rank with my gear 10 Zeta'd NS team:) Mother Talzin is 4*, and she is peeing on 7* CLS. Love it. Tired of the same old teams with the same old people following the same old characters. The Nightsisters walked in the room, and simply stamped on your toys:))
  • Options

Sadly arena is mostly p2w.

Yup, which is why I don't make a big deal out of arena. It's a source of characters and crystals so long as I stay under 200 each day, but I don't bother trying to get much further. Besides, it's only one aspect of a game with several other things to do--fleet, raids, prepping for events, TBs/Ws, etc.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    i have zzMT lead, zVentress, zombie, g12 acolyte, daka (no zeta). I can routinely get top spot in arena. but this is not an undefeatable team. I still routinely fall on defense to zBarriss teams w/ gk/thrawn/cls etc so this is by no means an overpowered team that you HAVE to p2w.

having said that, I love this team. I used to love CLS, but I hate the zBariss teams (I used cls/r2/han/DN/gk) and I'm glad there is a different option
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Ya my CLS team gets wrecked by nightsisters.

Opposing team is:

Leader: MT (G11 7* with zetas), Daka, Ventress and Talia (all 7* G11) then zombie (G11 but only 2*!!!)

Its maddening.

All the revives, taunts, plague - and they all have wicked speed mods - its a massacre!

Correction on this team I managed to get another look.

MT (L) - 4* gear 11 with zetas
    Zombie - 2* gear 8
    Daka - 7* G 11
    Talia - 7* G11
    Ventress - 7* G12

Its a killer team, yet has no concern looking at it in regard to its power level. But try beating it with my arena team doesn't work at all.