Here is how GW works:

Replies

• Options
    You mean it s better bobba than chewie for GW?
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    anyway i dont think bobba is good
  • Options
    EkimRengaw wrote: »
    I can confirm this isn't entirely accurate. I posted recently in the new feedback forum specifically about this. My wars have been super easy, despite being rank 2 in arena with 26k+ power.

Except rank apparently doesn't matter, and 26 k power isn't that high in this context. It was easy for me too at 26.5 k, but very tough when my arena team power hit 27.5 k.

• Options

five2zero wrote: »
    Lorenzo wrote: »
    Which means that one ill advised arena choice will cost me GW completions for the next few days at least, maybe longer, ....

At the moment, for ever.

Well in a week or so i figure my "bench" will be deep enough so hopefully I can muscle through to the end. Right now I have only 9 level 70s; that should double relatively soon.

And I actually managed 12/12 today, barely.
  • Options
    I have arena power of 27k+ , and i lost only a cannon fodder team yesterday in GW, so I don't think arena power/rank is relevant, It's RNG.
  • Options
    "The problem is that our server engineers are buried under a small mountain of work,"
    Aka Snow boarding and looking for
    More ways to improve profit margins.
  • Options
    What is RNG?
  • Options
    While I do believe them when they say arena squad power has something to do with GW difficulty, there clearly is something else at work here. I'm ranked in the high 100's low 200's with just under 24k power. Most people around me are a couple thousand higher in power. I have had a pretty easy time with GW since I hit level 70 a week or so ago (which doesn't makes sense given my arena power level compared to others). That is until I promoted phasma to level 7 and sid to gear 8. It only raised me like 750 - 1000 power but it made a significant change in GW.

I still was able to win but I ran into more 70 teams with high gear. I usually play teams in the 50's and low to mid 60's. Now they were all mid 60's on up.
  • Chosen_One
    97 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've completed GW again today, slightly harder than yesterday(see above), lost 2 A-team toons on the last battle + a cannon fodder team in battle 10.

Having a deep bench do certainly helps ALOT. I have 10X lvl 70s + dozen 60s+ few 40s-50s.

And No, I'm NOT a whale, I've only spent $5 on a Dooku pack +$22 on crystal booster packs.
  • Options
    What is RNG?

random number generation/random number god (whatever you want).
  • Options
    So, everyone knows GW has a programmed script that it follows, and AI will respond exactly the same way against the same team using the same attacks every time a battle is restarted.

You move characters from one position to another within your same team to alter the outcome.

Tonight, I noticed the AI team was dodging my high damage blows, avoiding Sid's immunity heal, and taking less damage than they really should be. I reduced my GW team's squad power by swapping out a 7* to a 4* character, and the AI got so much easier to take down.

Stuns landed, crits landed, their health meters dropped more per hit, and my team dodged when they would normally take a lot of damage.
  • Options
    I just hit level 50 on my second account tonight and entered GW afterwards...
    Very first fight was all 5-7 star level 60s
    Second fight, all 2-3 star level 37-39s.
    System's working great.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Rod___INL wrote: »
    This is why anything said outside of official forums by those who aren't duly appointed spokespeople needs to be taken with a big grain of salt, and even on the official forum as we learned from the last "less than complete" patch notes, it's still caveat emptor.

For some reason Reddit seems to be the official forums. That is where the developers comment. I keep this site and the Reddit site bookmarked so I can make sure I don't miss something. The post by INARJ is huge and I'm glad I saw it! Now that the Jedi event is over I was going to focus back on my arena team. Now I think I will leave them alone and keep working on my B and C teams instead.

No it isn't, John Salera has made it clear that I'm not really a Jedi Is a developer but he's there on his own initiative and no official information will be communicated anywhere other than here.

Edit: this means he's not there in any official capacity whatsoever.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    I think it have something do to with your power, rng, server.

When i was lv51-60 i haven't lost any GW and have like 30+ consecutive win. But at that time my GW was easy because i always see Chewy. The reason why GW was harder because the enemy you face are different. No one use Chewy as a tank due to people not using him anymore. Those enemy i used to face have lower stars, but now are 6-7* and have better synergies. When i say enemy have better synergies because people use Poe + FOTP.

Seriously GW should be easy or hard depend if you prepared for it. I have daka so im better than folks didnt have her. You have to use strategy when to use suicide/squad B. How to beat it without any casualty. There is always a perfect way to win.

• Options
    I lose earlier and earlier every day with GW...
  • Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    Its great for farmer ... get a rank in 101-200-range and get 700 Arena Tokens ... with the daily activity, its 800 = 10 character shards per day ... thats enought imo, to level up a char pretty fast (compared to hard-battle-shard-farming, where you get 2 or 3 shards a day out of 9 tries - its light speed) + easy walk through GW = 1200 GW tokens = 15 shards ... kinda dump, but works fine for sure.

This trick doesn't work either :( That's what I'm trying to do, but I keep getting people 6-10 levels higher than me (with the toons levels to match), and enough healers to mean that sending in a B team is mostly pointless, and my A team can't survive. I'm currently experimenting with having a lower-power arena team to see if that matters since I finally unlocked the toons to get a squad with some synergy.

• Options
    Rod___INL wrote: »
    This is why anything said outside of official forums by those who aren't duly appointed spokespeople needs to be taken with a big grain of salt, and even on the official forum as we learned from the last "less than complete" patch notes, it's still caveat emptor.

For some reason Reddit seems to be the official forums. That is where the developers comment. I keep this site and the Reddit site bookmarked so I can make sure I don't miss something. The post by INARJ is huge and I'm glad I saw it! Now that the Jedi event is over I was going to focus back on my arena team. Now I think I will leave them alone and keep working on my B and C teams instead.

No it isn't, John Salera has made it clear that I'm not really a Jedi Is a developer but he's there on his own initiative and no official information will be communicated anywhere other than here.

Edit: this means he's not there in any official capacity whatsoever.

The info there is non-official, and here it is non-existent :)

Official or not, we got the defense formula (mitigation = armor/(armor+level*10) there. And many other stuff
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    My new theory is GW is based on gear.

The more u gear up all ur units, the harder GW gets
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    This seems possible. I spent a lot of early leveling time gearing key arena toons and have never cleared GW. My "casual account" on my phone has 26 GW clears and shows no sign of changing. I've pulled the toons I'm leveling from GW to keep a low power level. Arena rewards are iffy past DS and my main account is just racking up credits for being in the top 500, just waiting for a new too. Worth a7*. Mean while my casual account is maxing out a Lumina. I'm level 70 on my main account and hit a brick wall of 7* lv 70 t arms by round 5. My casual account is now lv 64 and I don't see a team above 50.
  • Options
    I had extremely easy GW for a couple of weeks. While I was 63-67 lvl my opponents in GW started with 4-5* teams of 55-60 lvl and I got level 70 opponents closer to the end of GW.
    The day before yesterday I substituted my 4* Fives (VIII Gear) with 6* IG-86 (VII gear) in my Arena Squad. My squad power increased from 23,4k to 23,6k. Yesterday I got the hardest GW, I've ever had. I am 68 and I got 6-7* 70 lvl characters in my first GW battle. Some battles I retreated 20-25 times. When I came to the last, 12th, battle I had only five decent characters and they were a bit damaged. I did succeed to complete it but Sid was my the only character left alive.
    Meanwhile, yesterday I've improved Gear lvl of my IG-86 to VIII and my total Arena squad power increased from 23.6k to 24,2k. I expected today a real hell, but instead I got the same easy GW as it was before, starting with 58-60 characters, 4-5*, not purple. It was done with 5-7 retreats totally and by the same one squad.
    Are you sure about the algorithm?
  • Options
    Irrlicht wrote: »
    Are you sure about the algorithm?
    He did also state that there was a bug that could give you teams that are "significanly" higher power than your team.
  • Options
    There are more parameter, not only power
  • Options
    for the FTP folks its best to find the sweet spot of floating in 100-200 in arena with a B-team and crushing GW with your A-team.

If you screwed up like me and fought with your strongest team and won already... leave that team for arena and stop upgrading them. Your B-team will now have to be used in GW. Sounds dumb and it is, but with a few weeks time (on months) and some luck you'll have another A-Team that will eventually be better than your original one.

After that.... easy sailing. 10 shards a day from Arena Shipments, 15 shards from GW Shipments and use your crystal on Cantina refreshes twice a day.

I'll see the rest of you around #174-#124 :cold_sweat:
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lost my first 2 GWs, completed 44 in a row since then

Completely free player, not a dime spent

Rank in the top 10 in the arena everyday, over 25k power team
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    CyciumX wrote: »
    for the FTP folks its best to find the sweet spot of floating in 100-200 in arena with a B-team and crushing GW with your A-team.

If you screwed up like me and fought with your strongest team and won already... leave that team for arena and stop upgrading them. Your B-team will now have to be used in GW. Sounds dumb and it is, but with a few weeks time (on months) and some luck you'll have another A-Team that will eventually be better than your original one.

After that.... easy sailing. 10 shards a day from Arena Shipments, 15 shards from GW Shipments and use your crystal on Cantina refreshes twice a day.

I'll see the rest of you around #174-#124 :cold_sweat:

As I've said, my GW is a piece of cake almost every time. And I do my best in Arena (can't break through 50, but usually end #60-70). So I'm not sure that your idea is the best one.
  • Options
    Irrlicht wrote: »
    As I've said, my GW is a piece of cake almost every time. And I do my best in Arena (can't break through 50, but usually end #60-70). So I'm not sure that your idea is the best one.

To be honest... we don't know as if it is true and there is a bug thats generating harder opponents than meant to.. well, that throws a lot of various strategies out of the window.
  • Options
    I don't know at all about this GW, but the day before yesterday I was fighting constantly against low-60s opponents and had a fairly easy way through all GW. Starting yesterday, I keep encountering full 70 full G8 teams since about battle 5-6.

Yesterday was the first time in quite a while I couldn't complete my GW, and today it seems like I won't make it either.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    We don't know how the matchmaking works. But it seems it works by "brackets". You have easy GW, and one day you wake up and no longer have them.

The ideal would be to hover right before the bracket you can't beat. But without knowing what are the breakpoints, it is an excercise of guessing and superstition
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know at all about this GW, but the day before yesterday I was fighting constantly against low-60s opponents and had a fairly easy way through all GW. Starting yesterday, I keep encountering full 70 full G8 teams since about battle 5-6.

Yesterday was the first time in quite a while I couldn't complete my GW, and today it seems like I won't make it either.

Did u upgrade gear in any of ur characters?
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.