Here is how GW works:

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    Cool ... so lets find the best/strongest arena team with the lowest "power" :smiley:
    Teams with utility chars like 4* Poggle and 4* Phasma I guess
  • Options
    Mmm.. This is huge.. now i've to decide if to promote Poggle to 7*( i can today) or keep him at 6*..
    Does a 1000 hp gain in arena worth the risk of a more diffuclt GWar?
    Ps i usually can clear the entire war..(lev 70 since 2 week so i have a quite deep bench even if i am a F2P)
  • Options
    Too late for me, just upgraded three of my main guys to 7*. 27,5K arena power thought it looked pretty sweet till I read this. Managed to clear GW today but I faced 4 QGJ, Rey, Leia FoTP, Lumi teams.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    What I'm going to do is to get the shards for the guys but hold the promote yet. I'm strengthening the bench in the meanwhile, and then I'll promote the 5guys all at the same time once I have the shards gmfor all of them. Not sure how it works as we dont know how the brackets work
  • Options
    There's still got to be a bug here. I'm frequently getting level 70 gear 9 teams showing up starting around fight 6-7 in GW. My arena team (max power win) is 25.3k. I'm facing teams 27.5k with maxed aboilities and getting slaughtered. I can usually make it past 2 or 3 of these fights because I have a nice bench and play 10-20 times per level until I find a combo that works, but there's got to be other variables in their matching algorithm.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    What I'm going to do is to get the shards for the guys but hold the promote yet. I'm strengthening the bench in the meanwhile, and then I'll promote the 5guys all at the same time once I have the shards gmfor all of them. Not sure how it works as we dont know how the brackets work

I think i'll do the same.. I'll Keep Poggle at 6* for a while even if i can promote him (Phasma and Lumi are already 7*). Today i will start ig-86 farming; in this way i can expand further my roster..
    Anyway i don't like this system..
    It really contradicts the idea that gearing up your roster would make it easy to finish GW. In fact, the more resource I invest in my arena-5, the harder opponents I will be confronting, then what's the point of "progression"?
  • Options
    Imurfader wrote: »
    There's still got to be a bug here. I'm frequently getting level 70 gear 9 teams showing up starting around fight 6-7 in GW. My arena team (max power win) is 25.3k. I'm facing teams 27.5k with maxed aboilities and getting slaughtered. I can usually make it past 2 or 3 of these fights because I have a nice bench and play 10-20 times per level until I find a combo that works, but there's got to be other variables in their matching algorithm.

They also said in Reddit they found a bug in the mstchmsking that sometimes paired people with the wrong bracket. They are working on it.
  • Options
    ilyanor wrote: »

I think i'll do the same.. I'll Keep Poggle at 6* for a while even if i can promote him (Phasma and Lumi are already 7*). Today i will start ig-86 farming; in this way i can expand further my roster..
    It really contradicts the idea that gearing up your roster would make it easy to finish GW. In fact, the more resource I invest in my arena-5, the harder opponents I will be confronting, then what's the point of "progression"?

The point is that if you want to progress in arena, you put resources in the 5 best, and if you want to progress in GW you need a deeper bench.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Its great for farmer ... get a rank in 101-200-range and get 700 Arena Tokens ... with the daily activity, its 800 = 10 character shards per day ... thats enought imo, to level up a char pretty fast (compared to hard-battle-shard-farming, where you get 2 or 3 shards a day out of 9 tries - its light speed) + easy walk through GW = 1200 GW tokens = 15 shards ... kinda dump, but works fine for sure.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Its great for farmer ... get a rank in 101-200-range and get 700 Arena Tokens ... with the daily activity, its 800 = 10 character shards per day ... thats enought imo, to level up a char pretty fast (compared to hard-battle-shard-farming, where you get 2 or 3 shards a day out of 9 tries - its light speed) + easy walk through GW = 1200 GW tokens = 15 shards ... kinda dump, but works fine for sure.

Yes for sure, but i don't want to stay in top 100 i want to compete for the top 10..
  • Options

Yes for sure, but i don't want to stay in top 100 i want to compete for the top 10..

Then you will have a harder time in GW than those who preffer GW to Arena.

Or you could buy chromium to stay competitive wt both. Which is CG goal, as they probably developed the game to earn money ;)
  • Options
    @Maraxus I started playing about 2 months or so ago. I always thought it had to factor in total roster. I started having the super tough GW after I leveled up most of my roster.
  • Options

The point is that if you want to progress in arena, you put resources in the 5 best, and if you want to progress in GW you need a deeper bench.

This - the two different areas require two different foci (and imho, that's good). It also makes GW more fun as you get to try different combos, synergies, teams, etc.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Lorenzo
    110 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sigh, looks like it's based not on most recent winning arena team power, but top winning arena team power all time. (Based on another day of increased difficulty even after I reduced my arena team power.) Which means that one ill advised arena choice will cost me GW completions for the next few days at least, maybe longer, as I don't have a deep enough "bench," and I don't have the time to keep retreating until I find the perfect combination.

No complaints about overall GW difficulty, but the mechanisms for determining difficulty in an individual case really stink. AND they lack transparency, which is even worse.

As a warning to others: GW difficulty jumps enormously when arena team power goes from 26,500 to 27,500.
  • Options
    Lorenzo wrote: »
    Which means that one ill advised arena choice will cost me GW completions for the next few days at least, maybe longer, ....

At the moment, for ever.
  • Options
    No wonder I hadn't had problems with GW so far. My arena team power is 24,881 (got one 4* in my team) but I managed to reach rank 12 in arena today. I can promote my 3rd and my 4th char to 7* within the next 2 days and try going for top 10 but now if it's going to affect GW difficulty... HMMMM
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Zxcas wrote: »
    No wonder I hadn't had problems with GW so far. My arena team power is 24,881 (got one 4* in my team) but I managed to reach rank 12 in arena today. I can promote my 3rd and my 4th char to 7* within the next 2 days and try going for top 10 but now if it's going to affect GW difficulty... HMMMM
    My Arena power is 24994.
    And now I'm scared to touch anything, LOL
  • Options
    I can confirm this isn't entirely accurate. I posted recently in the new feedback forum specifically about this. My wars have been super easy, despite being rank 2 in arena with 26k+ power.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I think there are other variables, like server, timezone, who knows what more.
    But those are variables we can't control, so no point making fuss about them. Your squad power is something you control. Although we don't know if it is continous, or by brackets. If 25001 is just the same than 24999 (or, say, the difference is just like between 24999 and 24997), then there is no point. But if it is by "brackets", having 25001 power makes no difference at all in arena, and might make you draw enemies from a harder pool in GW.

Problem is, we don't konw
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    It uses your strongest arena power in a win. So, raising those last stars might matter. I wonder if there are brackets (more than 23000, 24000, etc)

Source, the real official forum, reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/469vj1/sad_post_i_was_wrong_about_galactic_war_using/

Smh sounds like you ur trying to get ppl to not star up their toons smh. That is still the worst possible advice ever given in this game (thats not at you, thats at everyone who thinks keeping yourself weak is a good idea)
  • Options
    Makes sense.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    It uses your strongest arena power in a win. So, raising those last stars might matter. I wonder if there are brackets (more than 23000, 24000, etc)

Source, the real official forum, reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/469vj1/sad_post_i_was_wrong_about_galactic_war_using/

Smh sounds like you ur trying to get ppl to not star up their toons smh. That is still the worst possible advice ever given in this game (thats not at you, thats at everyone who thinks keeping yourself weak is a good idea)

Well, it really depends. I disagree with the idea that having a 7* Sid and a 4* chewie is better than having a 6* IG88 and a 6* Sid, to begin with.
  • Options
    EkimRengaw wrote: »
    I can confirm this isn't entirely accurate. I posted recently in the new feedback forum specifically about this. My wars have been super easy, despite being rank 2 in arena with 26k+ power.

Do we know if our GW opponents can only be the ppl in our own servers? If so then it can be explain as because your power are one of the highest in you server and not many reach that power yet so natural the selection for GW opponents will always be weaker ones
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Zxcas wrote: »
    Do we know if our GW opponents can only be the ppl in our own servers?

No. I have fought people who is not in my server before (for example, lvl 70 people who is not in my top 200)
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    I don't believe anything anyone has posted regarding GW. Yes, I used to see teams close or above 10 levels above me, yes I've had a few cake walks, yes I've had Phasma lead Poe team proc every assist and wipe me out before I could retreat, and yes, today I encountered severely OP fully maxed teams from node 5 on. It took me 9 hours off an on today to complete and win. I left my B team behind a long time ago as I can't ever seem to make enough credits to promote more than one character a day. I am mixed level 68/67, two 7, one 6, one 5 and one 4 star characters all gear 8. My next best characters are g8/7 mid 50's and die in round 1 or 2 with several other level 40 to 1 characters as fodder.

It felt terrific to win today after loosing yesterday, only 3rd time since I finally started wining but it still feels like the explanation is a bunch of ****. Is it the level of the team you beat in arena because if you are saying it is based on my level based on my GW experience I call ****.
  • Options
    I think once the bug that pairs you with people with "substantially" higher power than you it won't seem like we'll have to worry about powering our arena teams up as much. Right now it seems like you should be scared to do it because that means you'll see more of those teams that have a much higher power than your team.
  • Options
    No. I have fought people who is not in my server before (for example, lvl 70 people who is not in my top 200)

Hmm, I see
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    GW seems to be easier those last days than before. Am i correct or it s just because i finished leveling my best characters to lvl 70 ?
  • Options
    Well there is something to this I just went from an unbroken streak of at least of month of fairly easy wins and then I switched my 7 star Boba Fett out for a 7 star Chewbacca which pushed my power from high 26 k to just over 27k, and I went from winning every day against teams ranging from high 50s to high 60s to all 70s, all purple starting halfway through the GW. I lost first the first time in a month yesterday and won't win today. I can barely make it to the 7th or 8th match now.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    How do we know this guy really knows anythng?
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.