Event Calendar-Nov

Replies

• Options
    We should all know by now the event calendar will NOT have everything listed
  • Options
    BB-8 December then perhaps?
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    skywhopper wrote: »
    Stoka wrote: »
    This is pumpkins. everyone that does not have cls is slowing down guilds or even worse unable to even join guilds not to mention that you cant even get in to top 200 in arena without him...
    Why for god sake not to make him available to everyone once they get to 80-85 as a mission you can do whenever or a one month rotation...this is just lazzy and uncaring for your players!
    Its just to big of a punishment for one missed event!!!

CLS is great, but he's not required. There are plenty of competitive arena comps without CLS. Rancor soloing is easily possible without CLS. There are tons of good HAAT and TB teams that don't require CLS. So while he's a great toon, no one is really being dragged down for the lack of him. All that gear you haven't used for CLS could power up another toon: GK, Han Solo, Mother Talzin, R2. Anyway, if I were you I'd worry about getting ready for Padawan Rey.

He IS REQUIRED, many guilds won't take people who don't have him and he is REQUIRED in phase 5 special mission.

Just like many people don't understand what the word "need" means, many people don't know what the word "required" means.

You can join a guild that doesn't require CLS.

You can participate in 98% of TB without CLS.

You can earn TB currency without CLS.

You can have fun playing this game without CLS.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Pml5Iju.jpg
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    hi
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    3rd of November looks EPIC!!
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options
    As someone who has both these maxed already, I will appreciate the increase in shard shop currency.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I was expecting the days that give shards to give both, not have it split into 1st half of the month and 2nd half

Also usually you get 30 shards of a character for the whole month.. this breaks down into 22 shards of the character and 20 of the ship. strange numbers but w/e
  • Options
    Karfax wrote: »
    3rd of November looks EPIC!!

Yeah, that's awesome!!!! I CAN'T WAIT
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Just after I finished farming both of them......Great. I guess I will look forward to some shard shop currency
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    :waves:
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    I can still use the ship shards - this I welcome.
    And I like the shard shop - it hasn't been like night and day with the gear ... but it's better and I welcome the extra shards more then ever.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Have had both FOTP and FO TIE Fighter 7-starred for quite a while now, but I s'pose the extra shard store currency will not go to waste.
  • Options
    RescueME wrote: »
    Interesting. Also, why is Thrawn back so soon? Placeholder for another Legendary event? Ie, TLJ Legendary Resistance character?

Probably bc Season 4 of Rebels is out
  • Options
    Cls is not only way to win in arena.
    Thrawn
    Jedi
    Resistance
    Night sisters

True, one of my guild leaders does not even use his CLS and he usually is on top 100.

2e1ww15.png

So Arena without CLS is totally doable.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hopefully TLJ refers to Jedi as Jedi-kind (last of a species), in which case it wouldn’t matter how many as the representative(s) are ending. Rey seems powerful enough that once she gets some training, she can start a new path rather than using only Jedi ways to use the Force, and thus usher a new breed of wielders. I also hope that her tags will clue us in on this. And her passive unique refreshes instances of expose ;D
    Post edited by Pariah_Anchorite on
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Omeah wrote: »
    CLS is NOT a Legendary Event! He has a Hero's Journey Event, which is NOT a Legendary Event. That's why you can't speculate his return nor can you say why does EP/Thrawn/BB8/anyone return before him. He isn't one of those!

He doesn't unlock at 5*, he doesn't require a specific faction and his event isn't named Legendary.

Neither is Yoda or Ep

You and your facts. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    This is pumpkins. everyone that does not have cls is slowing down guilds or even worse unable to even join guilds not to mention that you cant even get in to top 200 in arena without him...

Ummm...my eldest son (on a January 2016 shard) runs an all Ewok team. He's f2p. He finished in the top 20 yesterday with his Ewoks (no CLS, obviously). He runs Wicket and Logray at 4* and has easily finished in the top 100 for months. Obviously, the rest of his Ewoks are 7* geared and modded to the teeth (at least 2 or 3 g12 by now - Elder and Scout - not sure about Chirpa).

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Captain_Apollo
    423 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Cls is not only way to win in arena.
    Thrawn
    Jedi
    Resistance
    Night sisters

True, one of my guild leaders does not even use his CLS and he usually is on top 100.

2e1ww15.png

So Arena without CLS is totally doable.

True and I've made top 100 without cls too. I think the bigger question is how it impacts the guild wars that are coming. No guild wants to loose because they got matched against a guild that had more members than them with a currently super rare character.

Honestly though I'd like if they put the other event only characters in a bimonthly rotation besides just yoda and ep. I unlocked those two months ago so it'd be nice to have a regular shot at the other characters I have yet to 7*
  • Options
    Honestly though I'd like if they put the other event only characters in a bimonthly rotation besides just yoda and ep. I unlocked those two months ago so it'd be nice to have a regular shot at the other characters I have yet to 7*

I agree.
  • Options
    It’s definitely possible to top 100 without Luke.

But with Luke is the path of least resistance and people are both lazy and risk-averse. They see people win with Luke so they make the switch because it’s just easier.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Edward wrote: »
    Have we ever had a legendary event that requires Resistance?

Count on it. I'm a fan of the theory that there'll be a Rey Hero's Journey event that requires Finn, BB-8, Scavenger Rey, and the veteran smugglers. But separate from that, I think there's also a good chance that a toon like Snoke will be unlocked with a Resistance-faction legendary event. Might be a few months away yet, as there will certainly be new Resistance toons to release soon (Rose, General Leia, Resistance A-Wing Pilot, Admiral Holdo...)
  • capifico22
    370 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    2 Places of Power: Let the Sith speculation begin!!!
    Post edited by capifico22 on
  • Options
    He IS REQUIRED, many guilds won't take people who don't have him and he is REQUIRED in phase 5 special mission.

I can't speak to guild rules. Some guilds might require a 2.5M GP or a 7-star Lobot. There are lots of guilds that aren't that restrictive.

As for special missions, 7-star ROLO is required for a special mission too. No one is able to have her yet either.

This game is about grinding toons and waiting for opportunities. CLS was the most telegraphed special toon they've ever released. Many people had guessed the requirements months before the event. So there's really no reason for anyone who wasn't a relatively new player not to have him.
  • Options

I can't speak to guild rules. Some guilds might require a 2.5M GP or a 7-star Lobot. There are lots of guilds that aren't that restrictive.

As for special missions, 7-star ROLO is required for a special mission too. No one is able to have her yet either.

This game is about grinding toons and waiting for opportunities. CLS was the most telegraphed special toon they've ever released. Many people had guessed the requirements months before the event. So there's really no reason for anyone who wasn't a relatively new player not to have him.

I agree I'm not at all complaining about not having HIM. I wasn't ready and I missed out. I just want another chance at him. Thrawn,r2,ep,Yoda, all have had more than one chance. Please bring cls back for those like me. Who thought old ben was junk toon and never even unlocked him
  • Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Why for god sake not to make him available to everyone once they get to 80-85 as a mission you can do whenever or a one month rotation...this is just lazzy and uncaring for your players!

CLS is great, but he's not required. There are plenty of competitive arena comps without CLS.

While true and I can make top 100 on my shard with a wiggs chaze r2 team cls is the lead for the overwhelming majority of top players on my shard. Guilds without lots of cls get locked out of a TB reward mission which decreases how much you can buy from the TB store long run. And who knows how lacking a top toon may hamstring a guild with the guild vs guild stuff coming.

The devs definitely don't want guilds upset that they lost because not enough members had a top tier toon or something. Nor do I think the players as a whole want CLS nerfed into oblivion as a solution over getting a shot at unlocking him.

Empire beats every Rebel team and easy can reach top spot in arena. CLS sometimes dont make a move.
    Gawejn wrote: »

CLS is great, but he's not required. There are plenty of competitive arena comps without CLS.

While true and I can make top 100 on my shard with a wiggs chaze r2 team cls is the lead for the overwhelming majority of top players on my shard. Guilds without lots of cls get locked out of a TB reward mission which decreases how much you can buy from the TB store long run. And who knows how lacking a top toon may hamstring a guild with the guild vs guild stuff coming.

The devs definitely don't want guilds upset that they lost because not enough members had a top tier toon or something. Nor do I think the players as a whole want CLS nerfed into oblivion as a solution over getting a shot at unlocking him.

Empire beats every Rebel team and easy can reach top spot in arena. CLS sometimes dont make a move.
    Yes that is why thrawn, nihilus, vader and maul make up total of 3-4% of top 10 arena leaders and CLS makes 58%

Doesn't make him wrong though it's just that Empire are typically harder farms. The classic (Empire) CLS counter team requires Shoretrooper, Deathtrooper and Krennic. All of which are very hard farms. But that squad stomps all over CLS.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Precedent has an update post every 2 weeks with the last one coming on 10/18. Are we getting any news this week? Is November just old events again?
  • Options
    Im thinking there may be an event before emperor's demise