Replies

• t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    DiastJokin wrote: »
    Like it or not, CLS is a game changer. I (like many) didn't farm enough Old Man Ben in time, and I missed out on R2 as well, so I was royally screwed. However, as good as some of my toons are, zeta'd and geared up, I meet CLS and I struggle.... really struggle. I rarely finish a GW at the moment due to CLS. Sure, you can be top without him, but it's inanimately harder.

For sure, I missed cls cuz of Ben and it sucks.
    But I'm ready for it now. Cls will fade out soon enough and I for one will be happy to see it.
    He is the strongest toon in the game. I would guess that there is a mega whale out there who took vacation week of his release who struggles without HIM.
    In 20 months of playing, cls is most game changing single toon I've seen

I have CLS, Raid Han and R2 but don't use any of them in arena or GW. I get top 50 no problem and finish GW.
    I'm not saying CLS isn't amazing because he is but Thrawn and Empire can totally manage him. I beat CLS teams every day with Thrawn, Shore, Storm, Tarkin and Nihilus. Not bragging, just making the point that CLS can be countered quite effectively.

This ^^

I use resistance & prefer fighting CLS squads. Once he self buffs, he is perma-stunned & useless.
  • Captain_Apollo
    423 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Like it or not, CLS is a game changer. I (like many) didn't farm enough Old Man Ben in time, and I missed out on R2 as well, so I was royally screwed. However, as good as some of my toons are, zeta'd and geared up, I meet CLS and I struggle.... really struggle. I rarely finish a GW at the moment due to CLS. Sure, you can be top without him, but it's inanimately harder.

For sure, I missed cls cuz of Ben and it sucks.
    But I'm ready for it now. Cls will fade out soon enough and I for one will be happy to see it.
    He is the strongest toon in the game. I would guess that there is a mega whale out there who took vacation week of his release who struggles without HIM.
    In 20 months of playing, cls is most game changing single toon I've seen

I have CLS, Raid Han and R2 but don't use any of them in arena or GW. I get top 50 no problem and finish GW.
    I'm not saying CLS isn't amazing because he is but Thrawn and Empire can totally manage him. I beat CLS teams every day with Thrawn, Shore, Storm, Tarkin and Nihilus. Not bragging, just making the point that CLS can be countered quite effectively.

Cept only tarkin and stormtrooper are truly farmable early in the game. Thrawn, like cls, still has you at the mercy of the devs whims as to when the event shows up. Nihilus and shore are late game farms. Now I get that you don't need those specific toons but how easy he is to counter with empire is relative to how easy it is to farm the needed toons. If the meta could very well shift before the average player has farmed, leveled, modded, and geared an empire team to a point where it's competitive the counter to cls for all intents and purposes doesn't exist.

Regardless I and many other players just want another crack at the event since we were unable to complete it due to lacking 7* of nonmeta toons that weren't worth the effort prior.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Arhithi wrote: »
    Maybe there has been a wave of new/returning players that EA/CG are trying to appease. I brought back 5 friends who had quit when mods were released and we all started playing again in August/September. In my guild we joined there were a few more that were either new or quit and started again.

I think EA/CG might be letting us 'catch up' a little bit. Without new players and more revenue the game doesn't grow. I could be way off but that's my 2 cents.

While that seems to make some sense, when you look at Wicket, Talzin and the two new NS - and their "release cadence", it makes no sense whatsoever. Who wants a 2+ year farm? I don't get the new model at all. In fact, it is deeply concerning.

Why would it be a 2 year farm?

Because they don’t understand that stars aren’t important.

I was thinking if u don't want to wait buy packs.

The only farm that matters is the one that unlocks them and that’s instantaneous mayter when you hit the right level and the event runs again. The rest is just bonus.

Gear matters. Mods matter. Stars don’t matter.

In high level, early shard arena (November 2015) stars matter too. As does g12 (which is why stars matter). If you want to deny that, I can't help you. You are entitled to your own opinion - just not your own set of facts. Any teams with less than 4-5 g12 toons at full 7* get ground out of the top 50 faster than George Lucas can write bad dialogue.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    DBane wrote: »
    Dretzle wrote: »
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    RescueME wrote: »
    Interesting. Also, why is Thrawn back so soon? Placeholder for another Legendary event? Ie, TLJ Legendary Resistance character?

Jedi rey

Rey is not a Jedi.

The movie is titled The Last Jedi. In Return of the Jedi, they called Luke The Last Jedi. Luke even said the Jedi must end.

Rey is not a Jedi.

99% she is.. The title is meant to be plural and who else should it be if not Luke (of course) and Rey?

Rey is no Jedi - only Luke.

But I doubt any kind of normal event will release version of Rey as seen in TLJ. I think another Heroic Journey for that:

* Scavenger Rey
    * Finn
    * BB8
    * VSHan
    * VSChewie

Just you all wait and see.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    The new hero is going to be Rey. Their 'State of the Galaxy' post stated that "Our first character from SW:TLJ will be making an appearance before the movie comes out in December. This is going to be a variant of a character that fans of SW are already familiar with, so stay tuned for more details."

That is the exact quote. Rey recently got her named changed to Scavenger Rey, a variation of Rey. No other heroes from that SW era have had their names adjusted at all, or have a built-in variation name.

Rey is a hero everyone is familiar with. Most likely going to be her. Of course, they could add 'Kylo Ren facial scar', 'Captain Phasma post garbage compactor', 'Poe in pilot suit', or even 'Finn in sleeper pod'. All of those could be variations.

But, Rey got updated. She's the new face for SW. They just had the BB8 event with Rey, Finn, BB8, and Smugglers. I'm thinking they're going to pull a mix of the Thrawn and CLS events. Release Smugglers to farm a week before (Phoenix for Thrawn) and require BB8 (R2 for CLS) to unlock the new Rey. Just seems like CG 101 right there.

Not that you are aware of re: names.

A variant of a new toon could easily be Kylo Ren, which ties into: "An old foe reveals their true face" hint. As seen from the trailer he does not wear a mask in TLJ (from what we have seen).

If Kylo does become redeemed or at least turns away from the dark path (as the trailer seems to hint at) he may no longer chose to go by the name of Kylo Ren and may be simply Ben Solo. Therefore his toon in-game would have a completely different look and name associated with it.
  • Options
    I think, ventress, daka, acolyte at g12 with talzin and zombie g11 can do good in arena. Today, but not 3 months from now.
    So either gear them or move on
  • Options
    I think, ventress, daka, acolyte at g12 with talzin and zombie g11 can do good in arena. Today, but not 3 months from now.
    So either gear them or move on

The bolded is part of the reason this release model makes little sense as well. Even dolphins don't like spending on that much uncertainty.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Rogee wrote: »
    Interesting. Also, why is Thrawn back so soon? Placeholder for another Legendary event? Ie, TLJ Legendary Resistance character?

Jedi rey

Rey is not a Jedi.

The movie is titled The Last Jedi. In Return of the Jedi, they called Luke The Last Jedi. Luke even said the Jedi must end.

Rey is not a Jedi.

99% she is.. The title is meant to be plural and who else should it be if not Luke (of course) and Rey?

e03.jpg

If they are smart, Rey will go darkside and kylo will go lightside. Those would keep they movies about skywalkers, like Lucas intended.
  • Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    Rogee wrote: »

Jedi rey

Rey is not a Jedi.

Rey is not a Jedi.

e03.jpg

If they are smart, Rey will go darkside and kylo will go lightside. Those would keep they movies about skywalkers, like Lucas intended.

Who said Rey is not Skaywalker :smile:
  • Options
    Was a theory I had as well
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Arhithi wrote: »
    Maybe there has been a wave of new/returning players that EA/CG are trying to appease. I brought back 5 friends who had quit when mods were released and we all started playing again in August/September. In my guild we joined there were a few more that were either new or quit and started again.

I think EA/CG might be letting us 'catch up' a little bit. Without new players and more revenue the game doesn't grow. I could be way off but that's my 2 cents.

While that seems to make some sense, when you look at Wicket, Talzin and the two new NS - and their "release cadence", it makes no sense whatsoever. Who wants a 2+ year farm? I don't get the new model at all. In fact, it is deeply concerning.

Why would it be a 2 year farm?

Because they don’t understand that stars aren’t important.

I was thinking if u don't want to wait buy packs.

The only farm that matters is the one that unlocks them and that’s instantaneous mayter when you hit the right level and the event runs again. The rest is just bonus.

Gear matters. Mods matter. Stars don’t matter.

In high level, early shard arena (November 2015) stars matter too. As does g12 (which is why stars matter). If you want to deny that, I can't help you. You are entitled to your own opinion - just not your own set of facts. Any teams with less than 4-5 g12 toons at full 7* get ground out of the top 50 faster than George Lucas can write bad dialogue.

He's They're in denial about having to 7* his their roster.
  • Options
    S04 wrote: »
    S t u...p i d is not allowed?

You can't even type "w.e.n.i.g.e.r." (german for less), because it contains the bad n-word. :D (at least in the ingame chat)
  • Options
    6cflLdI.png

Found the proof

He's only the last one, until there is another. Kinda like, my kid is the last Bexus
    ... so far ...
  • Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TBs start on alternating Mondays and Thursdays.

Thurs 11/2? Check.
    Mon 11/13? Check.
    Thurs 11/23? Hmmmm....

That last date is Thanksgiving in the US. I'm guessing they might try to avoid that for TB, although they'll surely have something going on special at the time.

Yup, its been confirmed, November 23 will be the release of our long anticipated next Han Solo, Fat Han. His unique ability, Leftovers, causes any healing attempts by enemy units to be "eaten" by Fat Han. Also he will be disguised as Fat Elvis in a spandex American flag suit.
  • Options
    I'm still waiting to be able to participate in CLS special missions.
  • Options

This is the biggest slap in the face if he doesn't return - you actually need him or the guild is suffering.

I do think he will drop around anniversary anyway but maybe that is just hope.
  • Options
    Massov wrote: »

This is the biggest slap in the face if he doesn't return - you actually need him or the guild is suffering.

What if the CLS-event repeats only once in an annual rhythm? I don't like the thought, that I could have to wait until August 2018... That is my personal 'worst case'...
  • Captain_Apollo
    423 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

True, guilds that have him are outpacing guilds that lack him for the hermit yoda shards and extra gear farming options. In a few months time that difference will be glaring as guilds with cls have members with more g11/12 toons than guilds that lacked the extra income. EDIT: did the math and that's potentially 500 extra event currency each TB which amounts to an extra 8-10 gear every other TB; if tb is twice monthly that adds up to 96-120 extra gear pieces a year (not insignificant with the gear crunch + impact of release of new toons on said crunch). It's not obvious (yet) but each month that goes by without CLS returning puts guilds without 50/50 CLS puts it's members at an ever widening gear disadvantage.

With guild vs guild coming not having cls will likely become a much more glaring liability. Not only will your guild be behind the curve with gear but having one less meta toon than your opponents might skew the odds of winning further against you (based on GW matchmaking I don't have faith that a guild vs guild matchmaker will set up even matches). I think that mode will put much much greater emphasis on how many meta toons at g11/12 you can field than current modes.

Combined with extra tb gear from the cls mission an annual return of cls means guilds that didn't have him the first time will be perpetually at a disadvantage in guild vs guild and possibly other modes. Even at 6 months that still adds up to 60 extra gear pieces, enough to take one meta toon to the next gear level and start work on the next toon/gear level before you can if all other farming efforts are equal. Four months is pretty much the cutoff for being behind in gear but not a full gear piece (and full gear level by extension when all other farming efforts are equal), once we hit 5 months though you can just assume you'll be behind 1 gear level on a meta toon with your nearest competition that can field CLS. (Realistically CLS needs to return this month, 3 months after release, so at month 4 TB cycle everyone has him geared and leveled. Unless you've been hording everything you need to bring him to level 85, 7/max skills, and g8 minimum you probably can't get him combat ready in time for the December TB cycle if he releases in early December).
    Post edited by Captain_Apollo on
  • Options
    The calender begs, please update me
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    So here's a weird thing...everyone noticed that the Nov calendar had no TB for 11/23 as would normally be expected. Some assumed it's because of Thanksgiving, some because of the 2 year anniversary, but either way people assumed something would be going there in place of the usual TB.

I just looked in-game and the next TB is scheduled for 11/23. Huh.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    This can always change last minute. They did cancel yoda or palp events before.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    So here's a weird thing...everyone noticed that the Nov calendar had no TB for 11/23 as would normally be expected. Some assumed it's because of Thanksgiving, some because of the 2 year anniversary, but either way people assumed something would be going there in place of the usual TB.

I just looked in-game and the next TB is scheduled for 11/23. Huh.

HF probably coming tomorrow to update events and fix this.
  • Options
    Maybe they thought they were going to have TW done in time when they made the calendar...
  • Options

Resistance.

In fact triple cleanse can beat CLS on my shard (I run 3x cleanse lol)
  • Options
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    What if the CLS-event repeats only once in an annual rhythm? I don't like the thought, that I could have to wait until August 2018... That is my personal 'worst case'...

They bring back BB8 earlier in early December (because of Reys event, just like R2 for CLS) instead of January, so he changes place with CLS I guess. I'm pretty sure we will see him again in January.
  • Options
    Still can't **** 7* thrawn anyway with a g9 phoenix team, how bad are they???
  • Options
    Any idea when BB-8 is coming back?
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »

This ^ I'm itching to get my BB8 to 7 stars already.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »

This ^ I'm itching to get my BB8 to 7 stars already.

Same here