Event Calendar-Nov

Replies

• Options
    There is a hole in the events between this R2 & palp on the 9th. No events that week? Im not so sure
  • Gawejn
    1141 posts Member
    Options
    Stoka wrote: »
    Gawejn wrote: »
    skywhopper wrote: »
    This is pumpkins. everyone that does not have cls is slowing down guilds or even worse unable to even join guilds not to mention that you cant even get in to top 200 in arena without him...
    Why for god sake not to make him available to everyone once they get to 80-85 as a mission you can do whenever or a one month rotation...this is just lazzy and uncaring for your players!
    Its just to big of a punishment for one missed event!!!

CLS is great, but he's not required. There are plenty of competitive arena comps without CLS.

While true and I can make top 100 on my shard with a wiggs chaze r2 team cls is the lead for the overwhelming majority of top players on my shard. Guilds without lots of cls get locked out of a TB reward mission which decreases how much you can buy from the TB store long run. And who knows how lacking a top toon may hamstring a guild with the guild vs guild stuff coming.

The devs definitely don't want guilds upset that they lost because not enough members had a top tier toon or something. Nor do I think the players as a whole want CLS nerfed into oblivion as a solution over getting a shot at unlocking him.

Empire beats every Rebel team and easy can reach top spot in arena. CLS sometimes dont make a move.
    Gawejn wrote: »
    skywhopper wrote: »
    This is pumpkins. everyone that does not have cls is slowing down guilds or even worse unable to even join guilds not to mention that you cant even get in to top 200 in arena without him...
    Why for god sake not to make him available to everyone once they get to 80-85 as a mission you can do whenever or a one month rotation...this is just lazzy and uncaring for your players!
    Its just to big of a punishment for one missed event!!!

CLS is great, but he's not required. There are plenty of competitive arena comps without CLS.

While true and I can make top 100 on my shard with a wiggs chaze r2 team cls is the lead for the overwhelming majority of top players on my shard. Guilds without lots of cls get locked out of a TB reward mission which decreases how much you can buy from the TB store long run. And who knows how lacking a top toon may hamstring a guild with the guild vs guild stuff coming.

The devs definitely don't want guilds upset that they lost because not enough members had a top tier toon or something. Nor do I think the players as a whole want CLS nerfed into oblivion as a solution over getting a shot at unlocking him.

Empire beats every Rebel team and easy can reach top spot in arena. CLS sometimes dont make a move.
    Yes that is why thrawn, nihilus, vader and maul make up total of 3-4% of top 10 arena leaders and CLS makes 58%

To play Empire is not easy task. First to have the team You need months to farm them. So not everyone is willing to do it. Second Thrawn was really an option only a month ago for ftp. CLS was easy to gain, requrments were smaller than with Thrawn. Third thing, really I dont understand opinion that Empire is garbage. Many players dont have idea how strong Empire team is. They have amazing survival.
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    :waves:

:finger guns: and ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    Karfax wrote: »
    3rd of November looks EPIC!!

Yeah, that's awesome!!!! I CAN'T WAIT

And we get it again on the 18th!!!!!!! Rejoice rejoice!! We don't deserve that many awesome things in a single month!
  • Options

LOL it's my birthday :smile:
  • Options
    Im a bit confused why the log-on is a pilot and his ship, but then we only get 22 shards of each by the end of the month, isn’t it normally 40? So one one hand we’re gettig variety, but we’re only getting half as much of each.

Now ship shards for the log-on is a great idea. Having both the pilot and their ship is really great. IMO, would have been more useful to still give us the same amount of character shards as before. Perhaps the number can be updated in the future?
  • Options
    Like it or not, CLS is a game changer. I (like many) didn't farm enough Old Man Ben in time, and I missed out on R2 as well, so I was royally screwed. However, as good as some of my toons are, zeta'd and geared up, I meet CLS and I struggle.... really struggle. I rarely finish a GW at the moment due to CLS. Sure, you can be top without him, but it's inanimately harder.
  • Options
    DiastJokin wrote: »
    Like it or not, CLS is a game changer. I (like many) didn't farm enough Old Man Ben in time, and I missed out on R2 as well, so I was royally screwed. However, as good as some of my toons are, zeta'd and geared up, I meet CLS and I struggle.... really struggle. I rarely finish a GW at the moment due to CLS. Sure, you can be top without him, but it's inanimately harder.

For sure, I missed cls cuz of Ben and it sucks.
    But I'm ready for it now. Cls will fade out soon enough and I for one will be happy to see it.
    He is the strongest toon in the game. I would guess that there is a mega whale out there who took vacation week of his release who struggles without HIM.
    In 20 months of playing, cls is most game changing single toon I've seen
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »

LOL it's my birthday :smile:

mine too :)
  • Options
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    DiastJokin wrote: »

For sure, I missed cls cuz of Ben and it sucks.
    But I'm ready for it now. Cls will fade out soon enough and I for one will be happy to see it.
    He is the strongest toon in the game. I would guess that there is a mega whale out there who took vacation week of his release who struggles without HIM.
    In 20 months of playing, cls is most game changing single toon I've seen

I have CLS, Raid Han and R2 but don't use any of them in arena or GW. I get top 50 no problem and finish GW.
    I'm not saying CLS isn't amazing because he is but Thrawn and Empire can totally manage him. I beat CLS teams every day with Thrawn, Shore, Storm, Tarkin and Nihilus. Not bragging, just making the point that CLS can be countered quite effectively.
  • Options
    For sure I beat him every day with zinn but cls is no doubt OP
  • Options
    Hi all,

Relative newb here and was wondering...

So - how much weight do you place on the daily login character?

Obviously for November it's FOTP...does this mean you experienced players automatically know it's time to farm FO characters? Would you drop everything else for this?

For example...I'm currently farming Phoenix for Thrawn and Old School Rebels for CLS. But - can we now be assured that a big event requiring FO characters will now come before the Thrawn and CLS events?

Is this how it works or too simplistic? Would be great to hear the wise thoughts of you all.

Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    Possibly a rapid return of BB8. May be due to DS TB. It is probably relevant to something coming but what is anyone's guess.
  • Options
    Unless you are close to having your FO team ready to go, it makes no sense to change gears from who you are farming. All events eventually come back around.
  • Options
    If you are pretty new, your current plan is the right one...going for Thrawn and CLS. The Monthly logins usually give an indication of an event coming (Talia = nighsisters, Phasma = BB8, farmboy Luke = CLS, etc) or some type of update, but unless you have FO on the way or Resistance ready to take advantage of BB8, i would stick with your current plan. Like previous posters said, these events will come back around.

I can’t remember seeing monthly logins split between 2 different toons, so this probably indicates either that Dark Side TB is near or BB8 is coming back (or both).
  • Options
    CLS is the only HERO character in the game currently. He should be better than basically every other toon but that doesn't make him OP, it makes him worth the effort.
  • Options
    Just more of something everyone already has. Makes no sense
  • Options
    I am honestly not trying to be negative here but Thrawn again? No CLS? Just more of the same and more nightsisters? Come on
  • Options
    Dretzle wrote: »
    RescueME wrote: »
    Interesting. Also, why is Thrawn back so soon? Placeholder for another Legendary event? Ie, TLJ Legendary Resistance character?

Jedi rey

Rey is not a Jedi.

The movie is titled The Last Jedi. In Return of the Jedi, they called Luke The Last Jedi. Luke even said the Jedi must end.

Rey is not a Jedi.

Even in the crawl for TFA Luke is acknowladged as "The Last Jedi"
  • Options
    Maybe there has been a wave of new/returning players that EA/CG are trying to appease. I brought back 5 friends who had quit when mods were released and we all started playing again in August/September. In my guild we joined there were a few more that were either new or quit and started again.

I think EA/CG might be letting us 'catch up' a little bit. Without new players and more revenue the game doesn't grow. I could be way off but that's my 2 cents.
  • Options
    I am honestly not trying to be negative here but Thrawn again? No CLS? Just more of the same and more nightsisters? Come on

Luke wasn’t even 3 months ago, chill out.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    ^ Thanks to all of you. Great advice.

I think...for me, it's not even about getting new characters so much as enjoying new things in the game...I don't want to spend all my time focussing one thing to the detriment of enjoying new things. But, it's good advice - stick with your plans and don't worry about missing out on stuff the first time.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Arhithi wrote: »
    Maybe there has been a wave of new/returning players that EA/CG are trying to appease. I brought back 5 friends who had quit when mods were released and we all started playing again in August/September. In my guild we joined there were a few more that were either new or quit and started again.

I think EA/CG might be letting us 'catch up' a little bit. Without new players and more revenue the game doesn't grow. I could be way off but that's my 2 cents.

While that seems to make some sense, when you look at Wicket, Talzin and the two new NS - and their "release cadence", it makes no sense whatsoever. Who wants a 2+ year farm? I don't get the new model at all. In fact, it is deeply concerning.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

While that seems to make some sense, when you look at Wicket, Talzin and the two new NS - and their "release cadence", it makes no sense whatsoever. Who wants a 2+ year farm? I don't get the new model at all. In fact, it is deeply concerning.

Why would it be a 2 year farm?
  • Options

Because they don’t understand that stars aren’t important.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

I was thinking if u don't want to wait buy packs.
  • DrMaggot
    227 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Stars matter only for raids, events and TB so far. Any 2* character is viable in the arena at gear 12
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

I was thinking if u don't want to wait buy packs.

The only farm that matters is the one that unlocks them and that’s instantaneous mayter when you hit the right level and the event runs again. The rest is just bonus.

Gear matters. Mods matter. Stars don’t matter.
  • Options
    But u know that u can only gear up to your star level I have a 6 star Finn who I can't gear to twelve till I star him to 7. I can't even put the gear 11 slots in till I get the seven star.