Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    In all likelihood Vets will be needed, which is pretty harsh when you consider all CLS toons were long term easily farmable and they brought back R2 early for it.

They probably looked at the data and decided too many people got CLS.
  • Options
    Mrpanama wrote: »
    Don’t get to far ahead of yourselves guys and gals.

Remember it says this...

To participate, players will need the scavenger version of Rey, currently available in the game. You can look forward to playing as Rey (Scavenger) in her Hero’s Journey event, in support of the worldwide theatrical release of Star Wars™: The Last Jedi this December.

To me this says you only need her. I’m sure it won’t hurt to have some other rooms leveled up just in case but so far we know only Scavenger Rey is needed.

With the original Hero's Journey we were originally told about it in May when we were given Luke shards and they started running Flash events which were described as giving "Luke Skywalker's gear". There was no mention of any other characters in association when any of the Devs talked about the Hero's Journey event until a week before the event started in August.

So the fact that they only mention Scavenger Rey means nothing.
  • Options
    My take; The event is going to mirror key scenes from the movie. The Vets are only in the movies so it’s logical that they are required.

However-they appear early in the action scenes so they may not be required at seven stars.

The freighter battle and Maz’s Cantina seem likely scenes to be included.

The last two Cantina nodes are empty. I think the vets go there. Panic farm with cantina refreshes sets the registers ringing.
  • TheShadow1983
    187 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The last two Cantina nodes are empty. I think the vets go there. Panic farm with cantina refreshes sets the registers ringing.

if they go that route for both the forums will erupt in a rage unlike anything anyone has ever seen.
  • Options
    There was the clue about an old foe revealing his face (or something like that). Does that fit into this event or something else?
  • Options
    To PARTICIPATE you will need Scavenger Rey. To me that means the first tier will be Rey by herself and if you have her you can participate.

To Unlock her we’re gonna need to spend some $$$.

Unless Vet Han & Chewie become available on a node a month before the event that is.

Also guys I’ve got a feeling with First Order Tie being the daily this month then maybe another ship event will come up such as the TIE Defender (I think that’s the name of Kylo’s new ship) to go with our old foe revealing his true face
  • Options
    Poe was in the movie to get the map to Luke Skywalker from that dude in the village (Lor San Tekka) right at the beginning. But as we found out, the map was only the first half, and R2D2 had the rest.

But wait ... who is Lor San Tekka? Where did he get this map? How did he know it was even related to Luke? It's a pretty bad map, it doesn't even go anywhere, it actually ends before it reveals Luke's location. Why would anyone believe this map leads to Luke? Did he actually follow the map and find Luke? If so, why is the map incomplete? WHAT IS GOING ON?

The film does not make sense. It is a bad premise and they should feel bad. The central theme is flawed. It was a poorly constructed reboot of A New Hope and was fraught with inconsistencies.

And I liked it in spite of all that.

heheh....same. I'd love for Star Wars movies to make perfect sense and have no plot holes, but they don't and I still love them anyway.

• Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Who knows... maybe they don’t release a god toon that instantly takes over the meta. Maybe they give us a fAT like tune with niche play style instead. Maybe they just give us event toons to fight alongside our own rey. Their history doesn’t support this but... maybe.
  • Options
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    Steve519 wrote: »
    [Fear turns to Anger.]

Alright let's dial it back just a moment. At the beginning of the day, you knew nothing about Rey's Heroes Journey. Now you know you'll need Rey.

You've been given something, and lost nothing. Just because you want more doesn't entitle you or anyone to berate and abuse their team like this.

If you go to a best buy, you don't yell at a cashier for the company return policy.

@CG_Kozispoon in particular has always done her darndest to tell us what she can as soon as she can. If anything showing that we're a positive, and responsible community is more likely to allow her to make a case for showing us more stuff sooner than yelling.

This goes for everyone actually: We all want info, but if the first thing we do is get angry, that doesn't exactly incentivize them to share more.

Ask yourself: if they aren't allowed to share requirements until Nov 20th, (random date) would you rather they say nothing about it until then? I for one, prefer as advanced notice as possible, even if some info has to be held back.

Just consider it.

Taught police
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    My take; The event is going to mirror key scenes from the movie. The Vets are only in the movies so it’s logical that they are required.

However-they appear early in the action scenes so they may not be required at seven stars.

In CLS HJ - Old Ben died before the last tier and that was a 7* requirement. They will all be needed at 7*.

Tier 1
    Rey alone doing her scavenger thing. Fight some random enemies.

Tier 2
    Rey, Finn, BB-8 escaping to the Falcon

Tier 3
    Rey, Finn, BB, VSH, VSC - fighting space pirates or whoever they were on the ship.

Tier 4
    All 5 again, battle at the cantina

Tier 5
    Finn, Han, Chewie rescuing Rey, or after they've joined up maybe all 4.

Cutscene: Kylo kills Han

Tier 6
    Rey and maybe Finn versus Kylo
  • Options
    Perhaps the 2nd anniversary is the first day of the journey?
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »

In CLS HJ - Old Ben died before the last tier and that was a 7* requirement. They will all be needed at 7*.

Tier 1
    Rey alone doing her scavenger thing. Fight some random enemies.

Tier 2
    Rey, Finn, BB-8 escaping to the Falcon

Tier 3
    Rey, Finn, BB, VSH, VSC - fighting space pirates or whoever they were on the ship.

Tier 4
    All 5 again, battle at the cantina

Tier 5
    Finn, Han, Chewie rescuing Rey, or after they've joined up maybe all 4.

Cutscene: Kylo kills Han

Tier 6
    Rey and maybe Finn versus Kylo

Good theory, I’ve been trying to warn people about this coming for a while. (Basically since we knew about the TLJ toon coming) And once VS Han and chewie have been released, I knew they’d be needed too. Honestly, even though I’ve been farming for a month, FO and Resistance at the same time (and still needing toons for CLS on top of it) is quite a difficult farm. My advice would be to use all hard energy on FOST and Finn. Even though FOTP is a difficult farm, farming him in fleet arena is doable (that’s how I did it) and if you don’t have Kylo Ren (like me) he needs all the attention in cantina battles, followed by Finn if you don’t already have him. I suspect Han and Chewie are going to get a resistance tag once the event comes out (like old Ben did) so a zeta on Finn would become even more beneficial. And just in case (though I doubt they’ll be required) farm all resistance toons after FO and Rey are taken care of. Also, just for those who didn’t already know, VS Han and Chewie are in regular shipments. 320 crystals for 4 shards. It’s a pain, but at least you can start slowly farming now and hopefully get there in time.

Good luck to all!
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • Options

if they go that route for both the forums will erupt in a rage unlike anything anyone has ever seen.

Rage for cantina nodes?? Better than hard nodes.
  • Options
    Sadly, In defence of all who are jumping to conclusions. It’s the only way to theorise in swgoh these days!
    It's really not, though.

Back in the day they wouldn't tell us anything and people would complain because they never knew what was going to happen next. Then they started telling us a couple days in advance and people pounced because they didn't have enough heads up. Then they started telling us a week in advance and gave us hints and clues a month in advance and people complained that the clues were too vague.

Every step of the way they've given us more and more information further and further ahead of time. We don't really need to speculate or brazenly declare "YOU NEED REY, BB8, THE SMUGGLERS AND FINN AND MILENNIUM FALCON AND FOTP AND (and this isn't a joke someone really said this for real) COMMANDER LUKE" because we can just wait a couple days and they'll tell us with enough time for either a panic farm or not enough time for a farm and just skip it, like when folks who didn't have Ben at all didn't bother with Luke.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

So like a normal Thursday, then?
  • Options
    Unless you make the veterans farmable like yesterday then this matters to about 10% of the game base anyway :)
  • Gawejn
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Hm, so first FO for Bb8, next Finn and Rey. But if those two Vets will be needed shipment is not a solution. They need to be farmable somehow like pheonix. One shard cost is 80 crystals. All ftp cannot farm them to 5* so what about 7....so they will be farmable or some other toons will be used.
  • Lord_Massacus
    183 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

Rage for cantina nodes?? Better than hard nodes.

The problem with it is, many people need to farm both Kylo and Finn from cantina nodes (kylo to get BB-8), so if the VS's go there then they won't really be able to farm them. And while a lot of high tier players already have Kylo and Finn farmed (since they're so valuable), and those high-tier players will be able to farm the VS's; players like me (who reached level 85 not too long ago) are just getting around to the better teams like Resistance, and good toons like Kylo.
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    One thing I forgot about was that the whales probably already farmed vet han and chewie with the cholo rebate, was at same time as their release.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon Just checked the link to gift card and stores like Kmart and Target don’t sell them in Australia, but AU Post does, can I buy the gift card and redeem the rewards from the post?
  • Options
    If it goes like the movie,this is what im expecting for us to need at 7 star for the full unlock (if she unlocks at 7star like CLS)

1)FINN, han and Chewbacca(veterans), bb8, and scavenger rey, to unlock the new REY.
    2)There may be a node that may require kylo Ren as well.
    3) poe is a BIG maybe since he helped finn
    4) these next ones are just maybe
    Ressistance fighter and pilot,
    ep7 millennium falcon(don't think so but putting it out there)
  • Options
    I hope they figure out a way to address the FOST farm. Even the CLS required toons didn't have a hard node only toon. All of them were in the cantina or shops.
  • Options
    We’ll start out needing 7* Falcon but the resulting rage will drop it to just needing it unlocked.

Keep up the noise everyone!!
  • Options
    I also fear that they will make Chewie and Han be requirements for this event.

That should be taken as a direct insult to any player that isn't a full on whale.

I would consider buying a few thousand purple crystals to help speed up my farming, or gearing up my characters on a fairly short notice (which I did for the CLS event). But to force us to shell out hundreds and hundreds of real dollars to buy those 2 toons so that we can unlock the new Rey in this first round is offensive to me as a long time, invested player.

I hope my reasoning is heard and taken into consideration.

Thanks team!
  • Options
    Wait...So my 7* jawas won't help me get Jedi Rey at all? BAH!
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    In all likelihood Vets will be needed, which is pretty harsh when you consider all CLS toons were long term easily farmable and they brought back R2 early for it.

They probably looked at the data and decided too many people got CLS.

Not that too many got CLS...that too many got CLS for free. What's the point of handing older players a CLS type character for free and expecting newer players to spend a fortune to panic farm to get ready when you can come up with some requirements that require everyone to spend a fortune to panic farm if they want to get the new shiny early.

Pay or wait...day 1 player, 6 month player, and 1 month player are all going to have the same options for events like these going forward. Just look at MT as an example.
  • Options
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    I hope they figure out a way to address the FOST farm. Even the CLS required toons didn't have a hard node only toon. All of them were in the cantina or shops.

They did. He has multiple nodes and, more importantly, is needed for BB-8 so you should have been farming FOST for the past month anyway in order to have 7* by the next time BB-8 rolls (HA!) around.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »

They did. He has multiple nodes and, more importantly, is needed for BB-8 so you should have been farming FOST for the past month anyway in order to have 7* by the next time BB-8 rolls (HA!) around.

Yep. This I agree with.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Sadly, In defence of all who are jumping to conclusions. It’s the only way to theorise in swgoh these days!
    It's really not, though.

The rest of my message explains the point that you need to speculate as you don’t get given enough warning. I never said you should act on it, just try to figure out ahead of time what you may need. This is forum for game discussion after all.

Every step of the way they've given us more and more information further and further ahead of time. We don't really need to speculate or brazenly declare "YOU NEED REY, BB8, THE SMUGGLERS AND FINN AND MILENNIUM FALCON AND FOTP...

Oh come on, what about the Thrawn event? I’d say before that event EA had improved communication and advance notices significantly and then took a massive step back with that events requirements.

Now people can choose to speculate or not, that’s their choice to and usually a fun topic. Without speculating that all nightsisters would be needed for the NS gear event, I’d never have farmed acolyte which I needed.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'll tell you one thing for sure. Poe won't even be one of the required five to unlock Rey Kenobi.

Poe doesn't even know why he is even in the Star Wars movies and is confused by his screen time.
This discussion has been closed.