Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Ton_Phanan
    119 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    shard drops... are psuedo random

They are really not. Massive data collection suggest that drop rates are between 30 and 35%
    I didn't say shard drops are psuedo random so bad quote there and im well aware of the shard drop rate but the fact of the matter is that number is an average and not always true so i am not going lay out a plan saying i'll get a shard every three times because quite simply that hasn't been the case whatso ever
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    pargame wrote: »
    Let me give you some reliable inside information:
    tumblr_o04mlscKhq1rfwqxjo1_500.gif

No way, I don't think Poe and Rey even met.

I agree, but... I couldn't find more suitable gif :smile:

EDID: By the way we don't know what will happen - maybe Poe will have more important role so maybe he will be required :smile:
    Post edited by pargame on
  • Options
    Ton_Phanan wrote: »
    Are you asking us to do simple math for you? And look up the numerous posts on the issue for you?
    Why so hostile? All im asking for is advice from people who have go up against him. Yes i can do math but hera is cantina only sabine is hard node and random guild drops and ezra is cantina and random fleet shipments. So tell me how do i do math with something that is random?

well I don't want to insult anyone but this is a bit far...

Cmon. There's no need to post the #8.392037403827392739474593 x 10 ^99 th post about "will I be ready for xxxx legendary character". Just look up youtube videos, or search before posting another thread.

also, it's your fault for not having Phoenix ready. They are needed in events, have a TB CM for themselves, can unlock Thrawn and are (with zetas) arena material.
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    it's gunna be close, but you can do it! Dont forget you have until the 30th to get thrawn...

edit*
    I was able to 7* thrawn with G8, Sabine, uniques/lead omega'd, lvl 85, very good 5* mods

That happened after dozens of attempts where I would incrementally increase their level, gear, mods, and abilities. I did not want to put anymore resources into phenix than needed and that was the minimum for me.
  • Options

also, it's your fault for not having Phoenix ready. They are needed in events, have a TB CM for themselves, can unlock Thrawn and are (with zetas) arena material. [/quote]

what is the point in even saying its all my fault? It is impossiple for it not to be my fault. And i never have the chance to put phoenix in TB character slots as literally everyone in my 40 man guild has phoenix unlock. And from what i can see and experienced they aren't great in hight level PVP. I steam roll phoenix 9 times out of ten and in my shard like one person is the the top 50 every once in a while. so im not going to focus on them for arena and i'll just stick with my better rebels.
  • Options
    Anyone who sais leave chopper behind is clueless, he was essential for me to 7 star thrawn with everyone only at g8
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    Cooncoon wrote: »
    Will we need ONLY scavenger rey?

Funny joke.

Finn, BB8, veteran smuggler chewie/Han and scavenger rey

I don't see why we would need scoundrels to unlock rey... besides the fact they were in the movie. SWGOH has been very specific to events that need only one group type of toons. Like resistance or first order... I can guarantee you need BB8 but idk about the smugglers

Re-watch The Force Awakens and pay attention ;)

I'd be surprised if Poe is a required hero to unlock her.

And see: Luke's Hero Journey event.

I've watched he movie.... and Luke's hero joirney event is all rebels. Not rebels and scoundrels
  • Options

also, it's your fault for not having Phoenix ready. They are needed in events, have a TB CM for themselves, can unlock Thrawn and are (with zetas) arena material.

what is the point in even saying its all my fault? It is impossiple for it not to be my fault. And i never have the chance to put phoenix in TB character slots as literally everyone in my 40 man guild has phoenix unlock. And from what i can see and experienced they aren't great in hight level PVP. I steam roll phoenix 9 times out of ten and in my shard like one person is the the top 50 every once in a while. so im not going to focus on them for arena and i'll just stick with my better rebels. [/quote]

lol you just nailed it, 40 man guild.

40. really? Not even full...

also Phoenix has a Combat Mission node in Phase 5 or is your guild unable to hit there?
  • Options
    Do Chopper over Sabine for the Thrawn event. I ran it over 200 times with Sabine over Chopper. Because I didn't have him, but people with worse squads had a Chopper and it was easy for them. Take my advice, get Chopper.
  • Ton_Phanan
    119 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

what is the point in even saying its all my fault? It is impossiple for it not to be my fault. And i never have the chance to put phoenix in TB character slots as literally everyone in my 40 man guild has phoenix unlock. And from what i can see and experienced they aren't great in hight level PVP. I steam roll phoenix 9 times out of ten and in my shard like one person is the the top 50 every once in a while. so im not going to focus on them for arena and i'll just stick with my better rebels.

also Phoenix has a Combat Mission node in Phase 5 or is your guild unable to hit there?
    [/quote]

We get at least 1 star on every part of the battle. And like i said im not going to shift all my farming just so i can take part in one TB battle. This is the reason i didn't bother farming for thrawn the first time. There were more important people to be farmed. The only reason i even want thrawn now is to make the 7 star r2 tier easier. And even then im willing to wait for the next thrawn event after this one when i hopefully unlock him. and slowly farm the rest of the shards to seven star all of phoenix. Because same reason there are more important people to farm. My plan for legendary characters has never been "i have to unlock them when the very moment the event comes out" and im content to wait until the second time the event comes around for me or wven the third.
  • Options
    Combs wrote: »
    Do Chopper over Sabine for the Thrawn event. I ran it over 200 times with Sabine over Chopper. Because I didn't have him, but people with worse squads had a Chopper and it was easy for them. Take my advice, get Chopper.
    A lot of people have been saying that so im making sure my he is my number one priority for the cantina shipments for now.
  • Options
    At this point it's almost guaranteed that BB8, Finn, sRey, Vet chewie and Vet Han will be the characters needed for new Rey...

This means BB8 is most likely gonna make an emergency comeback similar to R2s 1st come back. At the same time Vet chewie and Vet Han will make their appearance into some farming location... something tells me that won't be GW... most likely both will be in cantina nodes or one in cantina nodes and one in cantina store. Another possibility is that they both might make it to arena shop in order to help out older players who might have saved up currency, as the game frequently seems to favour them over newer players who seem like the black sheep...

20 dollar packs will most likely appear to gey your FO shards and vet chew, han, rey and finn shards.

Rey is most likely gonna have an overpowered kit similar to CLS making it really tempting to put your hands deep in your pockets... meanwhile those who can't afford to pay will fall even further behind in arena, raid, TB, while their galactic war will get even more difficult to beat now that rey will join the gold CLS, R2, Han, Kenobi teams. Easy 8 zeta team right there...

BTW i don't know who thinks that we could realistically farm FO ST in such a short notice, cause I'm certain we'll need a 7 star BB8. Along with 7 star everything to get Rey...

This will result in a very small amount of players, whales and people who were here since launch getting Rey. The rest of us will simply spend the next 4 months farming all the required toons to get Rey the second time.

Of course by then another powerful legendary will arrive in the game and we'll have to farm some more toons for it. Then there will be those people who will say once more "well you should've farmed those characters a long time ago", forgetting that farming had become extremely serial lately... we are being forced in a very strict and specific farming pattern that simply cannot be diversified because every useful character requires a specific squad to be unlocked which contains characters that they themselves are products of legendary events...

My question after all of this is: When do we finally catch our breath???
  • Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    shard drops... are psuedo random

They are really not. Massive data collection suggest that drop rates are between 30 and 35%
    I didn't say shard drops are psuedo random so bad quote there and im well aware of the shard drop rate but the fact of the matter is that number is an average and not always true so i am not going lay out a plan saying i'll get a shard every three times because quite simply that hasn't been the case whatso ever

"shard drops in shipments are psuedo random" with the use of an ellipse, can be properly quoted as "shard drops... are psuedo random"
    In this instance, it changes the context so dramatically that I must agree with it being a bad quote.
    IMO, you are getting a pretty inhospitable response from many people and they should be more kind.
  • Options
    Pass on the new Rey. Even people who will put all their in-game resources will mostly not be able to get her (although I can see **** coming saying you only had to pile up 90,000 crystals like everybody else).
  • Options
    IMO, you are getting a pretty inhospitable response from many people and they should be more kind.[/quote]

Eh thats how the forums go. Its one of the reasons i didn't post on them until much later.
  • Options
    Bosssk wrote: »
    At this point it's almost guaranteed that BB8, Finn, sRey, Vet chewie and Vet Han will be the characters needed for new Rey...

This means BB8 is most likely gonna make an emergency comeback similar to R2s 1st come back. At the same time Vet chewie and Vet Han will make their appearance into some farming location... something tells me that won't be GW... most likely both will be in cantina nodes or one in cantina nodes and one in cantina store. Another possibility is that they both might make it to arena shop in order to help out older players who might have saved up currency, as the game frequently seems to favour them over newer players who seem like the black sheep...

20 dollar packs will most likely appear to gey your FO shards and vet chew, han, rey and finn shards.

Rey is most likely gonna have an overpowered kit similar to CLS making it really tempting to put your hands deep in your pockets... meanwhile those who can't afford to pay will fall even further behind in arena, raid, TB, while their galactic war will get even more difficult to beat now that rey will join the gold CLS, R2, Han, Kenobi teams. Easy 8 zeta team right there...

BTW i don't know who thinks that we could realistically farm FO ST in such a short notice, cause I'm certain we'll need a 7 star BB8. Along with 7 star everything to get Rey...

This will result in a very small amount of players, whales and people who were here since launch getting Rey. The rest of us will simply spend the next 4 months farming all the required toons to get Rey the second time.

Of course by then another powerful legendary will arrive in the game and we'll have to farm some more toons for it. Then there will be those people who will say once more "well you should've farmed those characters a long time ago", forgetting that farming had become extremely serial lately... we are being forced in a very strict and specific farming pattern that simply cannot be diversified because every useful character requires a specific squad to be unlocked which contains characters that they themselves are products of legendary events...

My question after all of this is: When do we finally catch our breath???

Well you should've farmed those characters a long time ago.... First order and resistance toons have been farmable since Dec 2015. Stop crying. And you still have time. Save your tokens and crystals. That's all you gotta do
  • Options
    EvbejzE.png
    I say he died before he could have become a Resistance.
    Any thoughts?
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

We get at least 1 star on every part of the battle. And like i said im not going to shift all my farming just so i can take part in one TB battle. This is the reason i didn't bother farming for thrawn the first time. There were more important people to be farmed. The only reason i even want thrawn now is to make the 7 star r2 tier easier. And even then im willing to wait for the next thrawn event after this one when i hopefully unlock him. and slowly farm the rest of the shards to seven star all of phoenix. Because same reason there are more important people to farm. My plan for legendary characters has never been "i have to unlock them when the very moment the event comes out" and im content to wait until the second time the event comes around for me or wven the third.

thats a long farm for R2, but it makes sense in a round-about kind of way. Especially if you're not close to getting R2.
    *edited to fix quote
  • sneeekypants
    1914 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Eh thats how ALL forums go. Its one of the reasons i didn't post on them until much later.

Fixed it for you.

The problem is you didn't read the forums a bit or search before asking for help, basic board etiquette. Otherwise you would have seen, as SeaDog pointed out, N-zillion similar posts that would of answered your question. Most boards with an active community react that same, or worse.

• Options
    Davius wrote: »

thats a long farm for R2, but it makes sense in a round-about kind of way. Especially if you're not close to getting R2.
    *edited to fix quote
    I have R2 unlock at 5* and he works great with my arena team. With him i now finish around
    1,500 to 1,000 and i am more than content with that ranking. Im just not worried about hitting top 50 right here right now. Im sure most meta character will still be very useful down the line in arena or raids or GW.
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    Will we need ONLY scavenger rey?

Funny joke.

Finn, BB8, veteran smuggler chewie/Han and scavenger rey

I don't see why we would need scoundrels to unlock rey... besides the fact they were in the movie. SWGOH has been very specific to events that need only one group type of toons. Like resistance or first order... I can guarantee you need BB8 but idk about the smugglers

Re-watch The Force Awakens and pay attention ;)

I'd be surprised if Poe is a required hero to unlock her.

And see: Luke's Hero Journey event.

I've watched he movie.... and Luke's hero joirney event is all rebels. Not rebels and scoundrels

The point was is that it required specific toons, not the fact that theyre Rebels that theyre needed.
  • Options
    I agree he is not resistance. He was a smuggler at the time of force awakens.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    That's a silly statement to make without knowing how long the person before you has been playing.
    The game suffers a lot from not having decent catch up mechanics, so you can't just flat out say "you should have farmed this a long time ago", or "save your crystals". People who have been playing for half a year or less simply don't have that luxury.
    And new people that can't immediately grasp everything and end up in the lower part of the arena, have it the worst of all, they can never catch up and are doomed forever.
  • Options
    When i used the google gift card that didn't give me shards of rey and cristal as it suppos"ed to be. Of course i bought it in the list that was given here : https://play.google.com/intl/en_us/about/giftcards/#giftcards-retailers
  • Options

*edited to fix quote
    I have R2 unlock at 5* and he works great with my arena team. With him i now finish around
    1,500 to 1,000 and i am more than content with that ranking. Im just not worried about hitting top 50 right here right now. Im sure most meta character will still be very useful down the line in arena or raids or GW.

sorry, i should have specified that I was referring to 7* R2. Your approach sounds solid for where you are in terms of game progression. I highly recommend farming deathtrooper for the T7 R2 battle; his double tap stun is so very clutch against those rebels...
  • Options

Eh thats how ALL forums go. Its one of the reasons i didn't post on them until much later.

Fixed it for you.

The problem is you didn't read the forums a bit or search before asking for help, basic board etiquette. Otherwise you would have seen, as SeaDog pointed out, N-zillion similar posts that would of answered your question. Most boards with an active community react that same, or worse.
    So what if if its the Nth forum on "can i do blank..." i searched for some forums and didn't find much you can do this magical thing call ignoring a forum. Why don't you go bother all the nerf Zarris or CLS forums as those are a bit more wide spread on here thank a person asking for ADVICE and NOT COMPLAINING about how some game aspect is broken.

• Ton_Phanan
    119 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

*edited to fix quote

sorry, i should have specified that I was referring to 7* R2. Your approach sounds solid for where you are in terms of game progression. I highly recommend farming deathtrooper for the T7 R2 battle; his double tap stun is so very clutch against those rebels...
    Would if i could but im only lvl 80 and i don't want to spend the crystals to unlock DT 3 levels before i can star farming him. He is on my priority list as he and shoretrooper work great with under veers and if mother talzin becomes meta veers teams should be a good counter to NS.
  • Options
    Also, no matter how long you've been playing, the veterans are still not farmable, which makes the argument invalid. But there will always be smartasses to say it's our fault if we couldn't get toons during the 2-week window during which they are farmable. Without realising this is precisely designed to force you to pay if you want it.
  • Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    That's a silly statement to make without knowing how long the person before you has been playing.
    The game suffers a lot from not having decent catch up mechanics, so you can't just flat out say "you should have farmed this a long time ago", or "save your crystals". People who have been playing for half a year or less simply don't have that luxury.
    And new people that can't immediately grasp everything and end up in the lower part of the arena, have it the worst of all, they can never catch up and are doomed forever.

You don't have to grasp anything immadiately. That's simple. But if you are smart enough and seeing movie is coming, you should've farmed those characters.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of the new panic farm business model. CG is dictating the what players should farm rather than leaving it up to the player's prerogative by way of how OP those toons are, the requirements and time frames of both farming and frequency of the events.

So instead of farming what you want, you have to prepare for the next critical toon that has X requirements and you have to get otherwise wait for X unknown months. I've resorted to just farming gear, credits and shards of what the rumor mills churns out and hope the unsubstantiated rumors were right.
This discussion has been closed.