whats ahead......Make mine a double

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    We haven’t gotten unfrozen from carbonite Han yet..

or Endor Han, or Bespin Han, or new SOlo movie Han, or Starkiller Base Han, or Carbonite Han - there are lots of Hans yet to be added to the game apparently.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Guys, Revan won't be a player character. Everything about Revan--from appearance to skillset to even gender--was player choice. By putting Revan into the game you're wiping all that choice and removing any player agency from them.

It'd be like if there was a Mass Effect phone game and they put Shepard in there.

Not entirely true.

What is fact is that at one stage, Revan was Darth Revan, Lord of the Sith. His appearance in that timeframe was set in stone - dark cloak, Mandalorian/Sith mask and either a single red bladed lightsaber or 2 lightsabers (one red and one purple). This is seen during his appearance in KTOR and again in KTOR 2 as a force vision opponent on Korriban.

They could easily release Revan as the Darth Revan (sith) version, as they have so many versions of 1 character already, adding 1 known version of a well known and wanted toon that is not in this game is highly plausible. Not to mention we already have HK47 and Darth Nihilus from that era.
  • Options
    Massov wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    We just need ONE Revan, that has both a Sith and Jedi tag, both Light and Dark side tag.

Then his leader and uniques can say "All jedi get +75% defense....all Sith get +75% offense" or whatever. Just different abilities for each faction.

This is easy, don't see why people are thinking it can't be done like this.

I can't agree with this, as there was no way at any point Revan could have been balanced like this.

I know you could keep him 'neutral' but in the end you were forced either to choose a LS or DS ending. Also, it's not like any decision he made could be considered both light and dark.

I know this because, no matter how hard I tried to stay good, I always ended up down the dark path. Because it is more fun.

The end of Kotor was just the beginning of Revan's story though, and also the least canon portion because of player choice. There is a definite, canon version of Revan in Legends, and it's the version at the end of SWTOR. The version where he regains balance and becomes one with the force. There is also a point in Legends canon prior to his confrontation with the emperor where he was in balance between the light and the dark, which is the point of Revan's character.

As much as I dislike what SWTOR did with Revan and, especially, Meetra Surik, the Characters from The Old Republic games do in fact have canon representations. Surik was a light side female and Revan was a balanced male.
  • Options
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    giphy.gif

Best post here yet
  • Options
    giphy.gif

If they don't make this a character in swgoh I hope it's an emote in battlefront
  • Options
    Double hero's journies in December. Luke and Rey.
  • Options
    Slyfox wrote: »

I thought the clue was for nov. not dec.

Could mean cls alongside thrawn though.
  • Options
    I hope it is jango, but if it is, terrible hint
  • Options

Lol - nice pre-complaint. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

I still don't see how people are getting Jango from this hint.

Someone please explain.

For the record I DEFINITELY want to add Jango to my roster.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options

Someone please explain.

Every hint means jango to some.....
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

Someone please explain.

Or clone helmets.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options

Someone please explain.

Or clone helmets.

Or revan
  • Options

Someone please explain.

When I read the hint, my first thought was Jango. Reason? All clones were created using his genes, for which he was paid a lot of credits. His one request, aside from credits, was that he be given a clone to keep as his own son. An unaltered "double"...
  • Options
    Slyfox wrote: »

might be on to something... but i doubt it. which means your probably right
  • Options
    Fairly certain the "Double" is referring to Battlefront II. Maybe we'll get Iden and Del.
  • Options

Someone please explain.

Next month's login character will be Tusken Shaman ... "I hope that means Jango!"
  • Options
    Fairly certain the "Double" is referring to Battlefront II. Maybe we'll get Iden and Del.

Fairly certain that's not even close. I think even Jango would make more sense.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options

Someone please explain.

Next month's login character will be Tusken Shaman ... "I hope that means Jango!"

Not even “the hope” part. It’s just- Jango!! I want nothing more than a GG and sep rework and Jango just so that it’s over lol
  • Options
    I know. They're going to bring back the crystal subscription and charge twice as much!

"Pray I don't alter it any further...."

• Options
    2 new han solo?
  • Options
    Guys, it's obviously the Tonnika Sisters from the Mos Eisley cantina. Clearly, we need to have toons of every minor background character before we get Bossk.
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    tomates302 wrote: »
    2 new han solo?
    This... oh, now this rings of truth. I think you just nailed it right here.
    Carbonite Han and Recently De-Thawed Han - confirmed.
    (edit: grammars)
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Could even be a Grevious rework actually... double set of arms....
  • Options
    docmorbius wrote: »
    Guys, it's obviously the Tonnika Sisters from the Mos Eisley cantina. Clearly, we need to have toons of every minor background character before we get Bossk.

I hate to burst your bubble, but Bossk is a minor background character.

• Options
    Boo wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Guys, Revan won't be a player character. Everything about Revan--from appearance to skillset to even gender--was player choice. By putting Revan into the game you're wiping all that choice and removing any player agency from them.

It'd be like if there was a Mass Effect phone game and they put Shepard in there.

Not entirely true.

What is fact is that at one stage, Revan was Darth Revan, Lord of the Sith. His appearance in that timeframe was set in stone - dark cloak, Mandalorian/Sith mask and either a single red bladed lightsaber or 2 lightsabers (one red and one purple). This is seen during his appearance in KTOR and again in KTOR 2 as a force vision opponent on Korriban.

They could easily release Revan as the Darth Revan (sith) version, as they have so many versions of 1 character already, adding 1 known version of a well known and wanted toon that is not in this game is highly plausible. Not to mention we already have HK47 and Darth Nihilus from that era.

The only problem I have with this post is that I completely agree with the logic so it gives me false hope. Revan is someone I long and hope for in this game but sadly, I believe EA is more interested in other things :( And I do understand. They have to follow their marketing data and predictions.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

BWAHAHAHA
  • Options

IG 88?
  • Options

Well played sir.
    At least Bossk had a speaking line though.