Territory Wars Overview [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    Don’t worry. We iOS users will all be beta testers once it hits live servers.
  • IgneoMorte
    253 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Android utilizes an operating system that is open and, therefore, capable of handling the beta. Apple is completely closed. On an iOS device there would be no way to do the beta the way that CG is doing it.

@Sirlagzalott
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    There's nothing to prevent the defence isn't the same team 15 times

Not being able to use those units on offense...plus like the post says under future iterations...they're going to be expanding this mode going forward with various functions that seem like they could very easily take some META characters off the map(platoons), and put some under utilized ones on the map(unit requirements and faction bonuses).
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options

Not being able to use those units on offense...plus like the post says under future iterations...they're going to be expanding this mode going forward with various functions that seem like they could very easily take some META characters off the map(platoons), and put some under utilized ones on the map(unit requirements and faction bonuses).
    I have no problem with the you can't use the toons for both defence and offence, that makes sense, it's the you can't use your remaining toons after they survived the battle, that annoys me
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Android utilizes an operating system that is open and, therefore, capable of handling the beta. Apple is completely closed. On an iOS device there would be no way to do the beta the way that CG is doing it.

@Sirlagzalott

WfiRzsb.gif
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    This looks as mind numbing as TB.
  • Options
    Asic wrote: »
    This looks as mind numbing as TB.

Agreed
  • Options
    Time to finish resistance squad
  • Options
    I got a preview of the rewards from someone in Beta, why do we get Guild Tokens instead of

@Sirlagzalott

WfiRzsb.gif

Apple is like a chained down sad dog, Android is that happy running in the field dog. For an analogy.
  • Options
    Also whats up with no Guild Event Tokens but Guild Tokens? Is this not going to give us GE tokens?
  • Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Also whats up with no Guild Event Tokens but Guild Tokens? Is this not going to give us GE tokens?

Rewards aren't final so they may change for the actual event.
  • Options
    So RyDiggs erased our guild, and now I'm locked out of joining a guild in the beta.

Really gonna test me some territory wars. Wooweee
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs closed our guild and now I can't join another. Is there a fix for this?
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs so after you disbanded guild, all people who joined TW are not able to join TW in a new guild. It is said: "You have used all attempts for this guild event. Attempts will refresh in 22h", also there is a countdown for Player Lock In: 1d 16h. Does this mean that in 22h we will still have 18h to join TW before Player Lock In countdown expires, or we can call it and forget about participating in beta?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You won, You Survived, Your out for the rest of the war? seriously? Tournaments anyone?
    I'm not buying the 'meta' explanation

I'm buying it.

It struck me as the entire point of it was to make it strategic to split your "META" squad up. Let's take two guys for example...one puts his CLS, Thrawn, and GK into one uber squad. The other splits them up and uses each as the backbone of a really good squad.

So now each of those guys has to fight 3x...if you can win 3/3 by splitting up that one uber squad vs winning 1/3 by keeping them together and losing the other two...whats the better move?

They're basically just trying to make it so this mode doesn't turn into fighting with/against the same squads used for arena every day. If it turned into just fighting through an army of CLS and GK/ZBarriss squads every day, people would complain non stop, so it seems like they were actually smart enough to try to avoid that.

Exactly. Galactic War....only even longer and more time consuming.

Sorry, but I'm not exactly running to join the beta testing....I'm too busy beta testing all the other areas of the game still.

Yawn.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Andrudis wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs so after you disbanded guild, all people who joined TW are not able to join TW in a new guild. It is said: "You have used all attempts for this guild event. Attempts will refresh in 22h", also there is a countdown for Player Lock In: 1d 16h. Does this mean that in 22h we will still have 18h to join TW before Player Lock In countdown expires, or we can call it and forget about participating in beta?

Waiting to hear response
  • darthnemesis1
    47 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    i saw the rewards in the beta version. I wish the number of zetas increase in the main version . like an active gp of 160 mil guild will get only 3 zetas. I would love if the number increases for all categories from 5-10 zetas at least @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs
  • Options
    2014%2B05%2BThe%2BSuspense%2Bis%2Bterrible%2BI%2Bhope%2Bit%2Blasts.gif

+1
  • Options

@Sirlagzalott

Actually Apple has much better tools for performing betas.

https://developer.apple.com/testflight/

Apple isn’t closed - it is simply more secure.
  • Options
    I'm very interested to see what's to come but I'm also weary of the rewards for higher/lower GP guilds; which could lead to some guild hopping if it doesn't start during or right as TB ends.
  • Options
    Slickdee wrote: »

@Sirlagzalott

Have you ever used test flight? I have and it is not as easy as they way the devs are doing this beta. To do external testing in testflight you would need every person who wants to test the app's email and then manually enter it into their platform (iTunes connect). This is not the same nor is it in any way easy so quit complaining.
  • Options
    Territory Wars looks like an yet another organisational nightmare. I'm sure someone will like it, but to me this (like Territory Battles) is more work than fun. Would much rather have a new raid or something like it, because this just looks terrible.
  • darkjedi041681
    74 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    ne idea why it isnt letting me in port my account on the beta..... trying to try the beta out but can't get my account linked
  • Options
    NShweky wrote: »
    Slickdee wrote: »

@Sirlagzalott

Have you ever used test flight? I have and it is not as easy as they way the devs are doing this beta. To do external testing in testflight you would need every person who wants to test the app's email and then manually enter it into their platform (iTunes connect). This is not the same nor is it in any way easy so quit complaining.

Yes I use it every day, and no you don’t need to enter each manually.
  • Options
    Anyone know how this beta works?
    How do we get to play it?
  • Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »

You get both of them
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    As is I'm a little underwhelmed with rewards. 400-ish GEC (guild event currency) isnt much. Off course, all subject to change.
  • Options
    It is nice to see zeta more available other than fleet. I’m sorry if I missed it - but was it said when it’s dropping (I’m guessing sooner than ds tb) and do both guilds vsing one another get rewards? Or only the winners?
This discussion has been closed.