Adaptive F2P Guide 2.0

Replies

• Nannos
    26 posts Member
    Options
    That depends. Would either TFP or KRU fit into your squad arena? KRU is solid tank and FO leader, TFP is a great attacker in an Empire squad. If either of them fit well into a squad you're working on outside of fleet, i'd prioritize it that way.

Personally, I like to finish a farm before moving on to a new one, but that may not be your preference.
  • Options
    Depends on your fleet too - if you're running executrix I'd focus on TFP because that extra dodge will get you to the iWin button first. KRU is a good damage dealer but if the other guy gets to iWin first it won't matter.

Of course if your opponents aren't running tarkin you may be better served with KRU and his added damage.

Luckily both KRU and TFP are solid toons outside of the fleet arena.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • ncbrown4297
    10 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I've been following this guide pretty closely for a few months now and I would like some opinions on some things now that I'm pretty far along. This guide and the discussion have been a tremendous help in focusing my plans so thanks for that everyone.

swgoh.gg/u/ncbrown4297

I'm level 67 (68 tomorrow), have Phoenix to all 7* and at G8 and have spent some money here and there for bundles I think have a lot of value. I consistently get top 10 in Fleet battles and Squad arenas but am running into a lot of issues fighting Sith teams that typically have Vader, Sith Trooper/KRU, Nihilus, Sion, and Dooku and wondering what I can do to beat them. Dooku stuns the heck out of everyone on my team and between STrooper/KRU and Sion taunting Nihilus just slowly eats my team without me being able to do anything about it since Phoenix members seem to hit like wet noodles and have few dispells. For the future I'm planning on my DS arena team to be Thrawn, Palp, Vader, Tarkin, and TFP/Stormtrooper depending on when the events happen. I definitely want to jump off the Phoenix boat ASAP, I can feel their power waning in arena. Given that my shard seems to be drifting towards a heavy Sith presence is this still a good idea?

Cantina nodes: I'm farming KRU until 69, then it'll be Wedge. Do I farm Wedge to 7* and then go back to KRU and his ship?
    Cantina Store: Not entirely sure who I should be farming in this store, HRScout is at 3* but do I really need him now? I have no interest in Fives since I won't be running Mace in Fleet Battles. Should I just get Stormtrooper to 7*?
    Squad Arena Store: Also not entirely sure who to farm here, I don't need IG-88 since I'm a little more than halfway to raid Han. I've been teetering between getting Tarkin or Leia to 7*.
    GW Store: I'm just buying ship blueprints for TFP, FOTP, and Biggs when they show up, though I find myself having spare currency every now and then. Should I put that into Phasma?
    Fleet Store: Pretty straightforward.
    Guild Store: I have like 6k currency here and am buying Old Ben and Rex shards when I can. Do I really need Maul?
    Hard Nodes: I farm consular (do I really need him?), First Order Stormtroop, HRSoldier, and Sabine. Rest of it goes into gear.
    Guild Events: Not sure what to farm in this store at this time, just been saving so far because I think the lategame gear is where I want to be spending.

For fleets I was planning on having my 5 Rebels (for Chimera) at 5* be Ghost, Phantom, Biggs, and Wedge. I am unsure who to make my 5th, is there any real difference between the U-Wings? For Dark Side it was going to be Slave 1, TIE Adv. (I'm sure I'll get it at some point), TFP, FOTFP, and FOSFTFP. Do I really need Sun Fac and Scimitar as the guide suggests?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Later on the most important thing about fleet is the zeta challenge. Tie advanced and slave 1 are very slow farms and they will mean you don't have 5 4 star dark side ships in time to do the tarkin challenge so you can get zeta mats.

Sun fac is there purely as an easy ds farm you decide if you need it or not. Scimitar is one of the best bench options in fleet.

Remember the earlier you get zetas the more zetas you get and they have a massive effect on all Ares of the game.
  • Options
    Cantina nodes: I'd finish KRU and his ship before starting in on Wedge. Don't forget TFP either.

Cantina store: I'd finish Boba then work on Stormtrooper.

Squad Store: Tarkin/Ackbar/STHan

GW: Yes

Fleet: Tie Advanced/Slave One/Vader/whatever ships you need

Guild Store: Maul is good later, but right now spend it getting things you need, either gear or shards of characters you already have

Hard Nodes: Sabine, FOTP, FOST if you want, gear

Guild Events: similar to guild store, buy what you need.

The EP teams are a hard counter to Phoenix - there's no real way around that except to use a different team. Nightsisters with zombie are similar. Arena is probably the Phoenix's weakest area.

• Options
    I've been following this guide pretty closely for a few months now and I would like some opinions on some things now that I'm pretty far along. This guide and the discussion have been a tremendous help in focusing my plans so thanks for that everyone.

swgoh.gg/u/ncbrown4297

I'm level 67 (68 tomorrow), have Phoenix to all 7* and at G8 and have spent some money here and there for bundles I think have a lot of value. I consistently get top 10 in Fleet battles and Squad arenas but am running into a lot of issues fighting Sith teams that typically have Vader, Sith Trooper/KRU, Nihilus, Sion, and Dooku and wondering what I can do to beat them. Dooku stuns the heck out of everyone on my team and between STrooper/KRU and Sion taunting Nihilus just slowly eats my team without me being able to do anything about it since Phoenix members seem to hit like wet noodles and have few dispells. For the future I'm planning on my DS arena team to be Thrawn, Palp, Vader, Tarkin, and TFP/Stormtrooper depending on when the events happen. I definitely want to jump off the Phoenix boat ASAP, I can feel their power waning in arena. Given that my shard seems to be drifting towards a heavy Sith presence is this still a good idea?

Cantina nodes: I'm farming KRU until 69, then it'll be Wedge. Do I farm Wedge to 7* and then go back to KRU and his ship?
    Cantina Store: Not entirely sure who I should be farming in this store, HRScout is at 3* but do I really need him now? I have no interest in Fives since I won't be running Mace in Fleet Battles. Should I just get Stormtrooper to 7*?
    Squad Arena Store: Also not entirely sure who to farm here, I don't need IG-88 since I'm a little more than halfway to raid Han. I've been teetering between getting Tarkin or Leia to 7*.
    GW Store: I'm just buying ship blueprints for TFP, FOTP, and Biggs when they show up, though I find myself having spare currency every now and then. Should I put that into Phasma?
    Fleet Store: Pretty straightforward.
    Guild Store: I have like 6k currency here and am buying Old Ben and Rex shards when I can. Do I really need Maul?
    Hard Nodes: I farm consular (do I really need him?), First Order Stormtroop, HRSoldier, and Sabine. Rest of it goes into gear.
    Guild Events: Not sure what to farm in this store at this time, just been saving so far because I think the lategame gear is where I want to be spending.

For fleets I was planning on having my 5 Rebels (for Chimera) at 5* be Ghost, Phantom, Biggs, and Wedge. I am unsure who to make my 5th, is there any real difference between the U-Wings? For Dark Side it was going to be Slave 1, TIE Adv. (I'm sure I'll get it at some point), TFP, FOTFP, and FOSFTFP. Do I really need Sun Fac and Scimitar as the guide suggests?

For Cantina, I'd finish farming KRU and the TIE Silencer until they're both 7*. The ship does wonders in fleet arena and Kylo is the best First Order leader. Once you're finished there, then I'd get Wedge.

For Cantina store, I'd get Boba Fett to 7* for credit heists. He's going to be your main damage dealer there and you want him as strong as possible. He's also a good generic plug-in or leader for an arena, dark side, raid, or galactic war battle.

For Squad Arena store, I would finish off Stormtrooper Han. You'll need him for credit heists and later for getting CLS. After that, I'd get your fleet admiral to 7*.

For GW store, get Biggs to 7*. He has one of the most important ships.

For guild store, I'd consider farming Dengar for a 5th scoundrel if you don't think you'll get raid Han before you hit level 70.

• Ajes
    24 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for a great guide. I have been following it for two weeks now, and am consistently finnishing top 50. Couldnt be bothered to hoard energy in the beginning.

https://swgoh.gg/u/ajes/collection/

Since last Update I got Kanan and Ezra to gear level 7.

I just unlocked tier 3 health mod challenges for simming. I am wondering if I should start farming mods until I have my Phoenix team equipped, or should I finnish Ezra first?
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Options
    Ajes wrote: »
    Thanks for a great guide. I have been following it for two weeks now, and am consistently finnishing top 50. Couldnt be bothered to hoard energy in the beginning.

https://swgoh.gg/u/ajes/collection/

Since last Update I got Kanan and Ezra to gear level 7.

I just unlocked tier 3 health mod challenges for simming. I am wondering if I should start farming mods until I have my Phoenix team equipped, or should I finnish Ezra first?

Farm mods to maintain your arena rank then return to Ezra.
  • Options
    So my arena team is Rex, Wiggs, Old Ben, Thrawn. (All 7 stars except Thrawn at 6)

With the R2 and CLS events starting tomorrow..... which characters should I replace with R2 and CLS?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Azeotrope wrote: »
    So my arena team is Rex, Wiggs, Old Ben, Thrawn. (All 7 stars except Thrawn at 6)

With the R2 and CLS events starting tomorrow..... which characters should I replace with R2 and CLS?

Probably wiggs.
  • Options
    So I just go to got R2 at 5*, and based on you guys' previous comments, R2 doesn't need high star level to be effective, I'm planning to use Rex(L), Boba, Wiggs, STH as my Arena team, I haven't started on Wedge, so should I continue Wedge? What can R2 sub in the team?
  • WowWhatAName
    28 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    So I just go to got R2 at 5*, and based on you guys' previous comments, R2 doesn't need high star level to be effective, I'm planning to use Rex(L), Boba, Wiggs, STH as my Arena team, I haven't started on Wedge, so should I continue Wedge? What can R2 sub in the team?
    I actually have Wedge at 5*, also is using resistance with zeta Finn better than Rex and classic rebels? My shards is mostly Phoenix and Palpatine

Post edited by WowWhatAName on
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    If your arena shard currently has a mix of Phoenix and Palpatine, it’s likely close to the tipping point where Phoenix will disappear from the top of arena. If you can live with doing less damage but having a more survivable team, R2D2 can replace Boba Fett. Otherwise, you can keep Boba Fett for the damage, switch to a Wedge lead, and swap R2D2 for Rex.

When comparing that to a zeta Finn Resistance squad, it’s important to determine how much time each team would take to be fully arena-ready. If getting Finn’s zeta and farming the resistance team is going to take longer than farming Wedge, I would stick with your current team until you can replace it with something better.
  • Options
    I stopped TFP and did KRU....run him till you 7* him and his ship.
    Then continue with TFP.
    Running with KRU will make your growth more consistent as you are powering up both pilot and ship compared to TFP only (his ship is so rare in fleet store).
  • Options
    I stopped TFP and did KRU....run him till you 7* him and his ship.
    Then continue with TFP.
    Running with KRU will make your growth more consistent as you are powering up both pilot and ship compared to TFP only (his ship is so rare in fleet store).

You are seeing Imperial TIE Fighter rarely in fleet store? In that case, you must be seeing a lot more rare ships more frequently than I do! Imperial TIE Fighter is on the same spot as 3 rare ships, so if it's not there's you're seeing either Darth Maul's Scimitar, Boba Fett's Slave One, or Darth Vader's TIE Advanced, all of which are very useful.
  • Options
    And TFP feeds capital ship TM, which KRU doesn't. KRU is a good ship, but in the race to get to iWin first, I'd rather have TFP maxed. I got KRU and ship to 5*, now I am farming TFP to 7* then will go back to KRU. He's not even in my reinforcements atm.
  • Options
    Is the the writer of this guide still active?
  • Options
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »

Doesn't seem like it. Last time the author said he wanted everyone input and he was going to update the guide but haven't heard anything since we gave input.
  • Options
    Azeotrope wrote: »
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »

Doesn't seem like it. Last time the author said he wanted everyone input and he was going to update the guide but haven't heard anything since we gave input.
    This guide is still useful and viable, like Raw’s, I use Raw’s for mods tutorial, and use this for farming schedule, but if the creator really stopped playing, eventually someone have to rewrite it like Raw’s but not now
  • Options
    Boys i need some quick advise.
    I will not be able to get thrawn from 6* to 7* becuase i do not have access to omega abilities.
    I am going for a rex (L), wiggs, boba, STH arena team.
    Should i get my 6* thrawn in there somewhere or keep him lying about til the next event hits?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    GhostAlpha wrote: »
    Boys i need some quick advise.
    I will not be able to get thrawn from 6* to 7* becuase i do not have access to omega abilities.
    I am going for a rex (L), wiggs, boba, STH arena team.
    Should i get my 6* thrawn in there somewhere or keep him lying about til the next event hits?

Probably replacing boba. Fracture is just so good at locking down an opponent.
  • Options
    I stopped reading in moment where u recommend to do 7* Consular. Horrible guide, even Jar Jar Binks will be able to write a better guide
  • Options
    I stopped reading in moment where u recommend to do 7* Consular. Horrible guide, even Jar Jar Binks will be able to write a better guide

It wasn't bad advice at the time, ships have changed since then. This guide is in need of an update as soon as anyone is willing to take it on.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    Options
    I was busy with real life and wasn't active on forum for a long time. Will try to catch up on things and update this guide today.

As it was stated here - you have timestamps on original post, so it is outdated, but from what I remember info in comments was up to date - you only had to read what was written here. I acknowledge the criticism as it is varanted.

Try writing your own, I'm sure you're more than qualified to do it. I bet community would be very interested and appreciative of that.
  • Options
    wawrzon wrote: »
    I was busy with real life and wasn't active on forum for a long time. Will try to catch up on things and update this guide today.

No salt from me, this guide was invaluable for me to get back onto an even keel afteer wasting the first 50 levels bumming around slowly.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Ignore all the kids who try to position themself like '' i'm funniest dude ever.''

Make your post , ask why / what is needed and how i can do it .

Here , only the funniest arguments and conflicts arrive.
  • Eveets
    10 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    It may be outdated but this guide is still very helpful. And if you read carefully many contributed with updated and corrected advices along the pages, like skipping asohka,skip Jc, go for Kru, skip classic rebels mid game and go straight empire with tarkin as capital ship etc etc.

So please stop your brag with "Jc haha i stopped read" and so on.
    Yea JC is not worth investing but this guide is still 75% viable 5 months after it was written, and 95% viable if you read posts around february march.

Thx to OP that made a good work. I'm currently lv 73 top 10 arena and top 3 fleet thx to it.Kthxbye.
  • Farth_Serious
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    i have a question if someone would help me. wouldnt it be better to ignore basic rebels and just go phoenix -> empire? once you get palpatine and thrawn you can add tarkin (use him as fleet comander) TFP(also good in fleet) and vader for squad arena ? or something like this. i would like an input on this please :) thanks!

Edit: this would also lead to unlocking r2 etc.. the only reason someone should go for ackbar and wiggs is for thrawn's ship. other than that empire is far better i believe.
    NOTE: i am mostly interested in what would be best for ranking high in both arenas.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Options
    That’s roughly what I did - I didn’t farm Wedge until much later than the guide recommends and I mainly farmed him to get Chimera. I’ve recently been working to upgrade Chimera’s abilities, and can tell you that when you get Chimera’s ultimate upgraded all the way, you’ll never see an ultimate ability from an enemy capital ship again. So it’s a worthwhile ship to get, but I agree that you don’t need to farm them right away. And I’d still farm Biggs right away from galactic war store, since his ship is practically essential in fleet arena.

However, after you get a solid Empire team together, you’ll want to farm rebels to unlock Commander Luke. So it’s not that you ignore rebels. You just can postpone some.
  • Eveets
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    That's what everybody do now farth. Rebel transition is counter productive now as first transition. This transition is essentially a choice between the chimaera first or cls first (the later being better to be competitive in arena)

I chose the empire.That's no brainer choice for me. Tarkin is excellent in ship so you can compete in both arenas. You'll still have to build biggs and kru.With the two phenix ship and tfp you'll have an excellent team to start ship arena,BUT: Ship arena is subject to massive rework soon. All of this could change in the near future.

no matter what i would chose empire way with thrawn tarkin vador tfp kru in squad arena.

I am now at lv 80 top 10 in squad and top 5 ship arenas.