Territory Battles: Imperial - difficulty feedback

Replies

• Options
    msb14 wrote: »
    I don’t know how to add pictures but guy on my shard named Flux is zetaGG number 1 Arena only running GG. No one else in squad. Guild is wallet warriors.

Don’t quite know what to think

GG doesn’t have any zetas. But that player could have just taken number 1 with another team, and then put GG in as a joke, or to get a screenshot of it. Happens pretty often.

Sorry. Messed that up. Gold Ring GS12 GG. Thanks for the correction
  • Options
    This sounds really unfair they are allowed to do this...
  • Options
    Some genius forgot to increase TP for each completed wave in combat missions
    Clearly states earn up to 329,000
    But 4/4 is only awarding 172,000
    Looking forward to my free crystals and guild tokens for the inconvienance
  • Options
    I'm enjoying the difficulty now, but I can't imagine what waves 5/6 will look like :)

Some speculators on reddit think those will be the easiest phases. They think that the devs flipped the board, but forgot to flip the difficulty of the waves. So the farther to the left you go, the easier it gets. I’m curious to see if this is true, because it would be a hilarious mistake lol.
  • Options
    When top ranks rotate and people can not beat you, swap toon in arena instead of removing mods, if You are top 10 consistent reach out to your shard arena mates
  • Options
    zzThrawn L G11, zVeers G10 , Shore G10, Snow G9 and DT G10. Full health/protection going into P4.

Barely scrape by with Thrawn, Veers and DT surviving.

Ugh.
  • Options
    TP earned for 4/4 a combat mission is broken in P1 and P2 dark side just isn't capable of doing TB the way they have it made. Very disappointed and disgusted it clearly wasn't play tested or anything the amount of bugs and ridiculous level of difficulty in the early Phases is just disappointing. I don't mind having to grind and get better to complete stuff, I did it for the rancor, I did it for the tank raid, I did it for light side TB but this... This is clearly broken. Ashamed, be is what you should
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    If it weren't for bugs, there would be no DS TB at all. :D

We should start a thread of the aspects of DS TB that are NOT bugged....it would be much shorter.

I can confirm this lol your other post about this is empty
  • Options
    CG had always hated the Empire and the Dark Side, there is nothing else to do.
  • Options
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Back on topic, I believe dark Side TB is too soon. I expected it after New Year’s. I’ve always focused DS toons, too. I’ve hated the Rebels Fetish since day 1 the game came out. That being said, the concept of rushed content and skipping steps of fine-tuning the events being released has been disappointing. Needed more time.

THIS. +1. Take my like, sir. Feels like they tried to pacify people but in doing so tripped up.

+2
  • Options
    I had a 70k health toon (had full health) die from a single hit before I got a single move. Plenty of g12 toons don't have that much of a health pool. I think that's absurd. I like a challenge, but being challenged requires I survive long enough to have even a slight chance.
  • Options
    I'm enjoying the difficulty now, but I can't imagine what waves 5/6 will look like :)

Some speculators on reddit think those will be the easiest phases. They think that the devs flipped the board, but forgot to flip the difficulty of the waves. So the farther to the left you go, the easier it gets. I’m curious to see if this is true, because it would be a hilarious mistake lol.

I would point out that the difficulty decreasing as you take apart the defences makes more sense then it increasing
  • msb14
    301 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    mpy4h

Not sure why the image isn’t loading, but no issues in the battles here.

https://imgur.com/gallery/mpy4h
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Zader lead, dots get dispelled. As does fracture. Is this intended? If so it's KITTEN, but should at least say so in the description: negates zeta.

Revoke this buggy unbalanced kitten.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Options
    Arcaver wrote: »
    the difference is....when we used it and the enemy died, we went on to the next round, when they use it and we die, its game over

Exactly!
    First issue, nihilus lead, second issue , read the abilities,

A Nihilus lead is what has saved my team from being wiped. You must've not invested in him. I've not come across another Dark Side squad that I haven't been able to beat with a Nihilus team. Not saying he's the best lead, but he's pretty beastly!

I don't need nihilus personally, and secondly, if you are so familiar with nihilus mechanics, then refresh your memory on the rebel strafing run ,. . . Deals huge percent health bonus damage. . . . Which will hurt nihilus led squads WAAAY more then non nihilus led squads.
  • msb14
    301 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    mpy4h

No issues here. Bring on more rebel scum.

Edit: since image isn’t working:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/mpy4h
  • Options
    Being difficult is fine and great, but saying a node require 3 or 4 star characters to compete and then expecting those characters to be zetad and g12 to win is mean spirited.

And right now it is over tuned, it jumps to absurd difficulties between 3/4 and often with 4-5 elites. And that not counting bombardments that wreck havoc.

Either make it difficult and set the requirements for characters appropriately or tune it down till we hit what is supposed to be the hard fights.

Maybe stop pushing beta content out or test it with a realistic roster not taken from mid level guilds....
  • Options
    LIght side jumped in difficulty between 3/4 also. They just trimmed off 5 and 6. I think it was a great decision.
  • Options
    stepgib wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Work on your dark characters the way you worked on your light. Also, there’s a dark side Territory Battle forum, man. Put this there.

So I used a gear 12 nihilus as leader in a g11 sith team with great mods. My guild filled the previous platoon to soften the battle, yet I still get absolutely wrecked by aerial attacks and toons that seem to be gear 15.

Your point is moot. And the guy can post in general discussion if he wants, because actually, there is no dark side TB forum as you stated.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/imperial_retaliation

It's really not that hard to navigate a forum, is it?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Flux is the only wallet warrior on this shard. He Plays around with these teams for his own amusement.
  • Options
    We had no problem 2*ing both p1 territories even though I don't think anyone went 4/4 (hard to check now that it's over) and the Territory Points rewarded are bugged. Normally we can just barely 2* one territory a day...

So I'm not certain, but it seems to me that maybe the plan is to tune combat mission points rewards with 3/4 in mind, and 4/4 being a bonus. If that's the case, then I'm fine with it, but they need to fix the points bug first.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Choose what you are going to focus on, as a guild our lot are focused on lightside tb until we are smashing it with dark side tb a much more relaxed affair. Tbh it's nice not to have to herd them all into maxing out score.

That's all good but if they'll be alternating LS and DS, that dark side TB will give you far less rewards unless you're in a whale guild where everyone has all the characters at G12. Even then unless they tune this down they won't get as many stars as light side.

I'd much rather keep building on the LS TB and cleaning up on tokens and gear in preparation for dark side. Not only was the release timing off but it's obviously unfinished. Did they even test this before dropping it?

"Let's drop this beta DS TB on the masses and go on holiday break. Then see the aftermath".

Sounds about right.

• Options
    This is how they’re announcing lvl 90 and lvl 15 gear
  • Gawejn
    1123 posts Member
    Options
    Would be great if there would be gear 15, maybe even 20.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Work on your dark characters the way you worked on your light. Also, there’s a dark side Territory Battle forum, man. Put this there.

Um.....G12 teams with zetas are struggling to 4/4 battles in the first two phases. This isn't a matter of "work on your characters". It's a matter of some unfinished **** being thrown out there that needs to be fixed.

I can only hope they completely halt this for a while and work on it so we can at least finish getting our LS teams up to speed.
  • OzwaldEMandius
    1032 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ok this is absolutely kitten. I'm SLAUGHTERED in the fourth stage of PHASE TWO?!?

Beyond absurd.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Skittlesnacks1
    209 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yeah this kitten is broken.

No way could they NOT know it's broken. I imagine they did this to get people to panic farm characters in hopes that they'll be able to do well, even though they won't be able to do well even if everyone is fully maxed. Then later they'll make it more reasonable.
    Post edited by HeroOfCanton on
  • Options
    I have gear 11-12 FO all Zeta l and I got smoked as well. Too bad they'll delete this post in a few minutes here.
  • Skittlesnacks1
    209 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    DocMettey wrote: »
    I have gear 11-12 FO all Zeta l and I got smoked as well. Too bad they'll delete this post in a few minutes here.

Yeah posts that need to be seen get hidden away in some mega thread or sub forum, if not completely deleted.
  • Options
    Why have all the posts about this been removed?