Territory Battles: Imperial - difficulty feedback

Replies

• Options
    Our guild has the rebel strafing disabled but i still get hit by it multiple times in the battles. I tried to report but it wont let me hit submit on ea website on my fone. Anyone else notice this?
  • Options
    Reward everyone max award level, clearly this version was not tested and we are now the test site except the rewards are permanent
  • Options
    it's been mentioned in a few threads. but some of them are being deleted because it had 'naming and shaming' because top guilds were being called out as an example.

or other threads being deleted because it got too specific on the bug.

guess its too hard for mods to remove the text in question so they must have deleted it completely or hide it from public view for devs only.

i threw in my vote for canceling TB and giving players compensation. since rewards for already exploited stars have not been given out yet. and not sure if its worth dev's trouble to witch hunt through their logs to determine who gets punished and who doesn't.
  • Options
    Bradbrad wrote: »
    Our guild has the rebel strafing disabled but i still get hit by it multiple times in the battles. I tried to report but it wont let me hit submit on ea website on my fone. Anyone else notice this?

Rebel strafing can’t be disabled until phase 4 (tomorrow.) Today’s ship platoon mission unlocked orbital bombardment for your ground missions.
  • Options
    I screen shot it. It says its disabled. That is where my confusion is.
  • Options
    The day any player gets punished for EA releasing a buggy product is the day I stop playing. That idea is completely ridiculous on so many levels.
  • Options
    I enjoy it...

It is okay to have a new challenge, heck you can sim so many stuff now, auto rancor, auto gw etc.

With a good empire rooster its not to hard to clear all current waves (p1-3) and you cant expect easy mode without all the LS meta toons. Invest in DS (empire prefered), learn to build good squads instead of copy the cls arena train and have fun with a game challenge.

Beside some Bugs and a needed BH rework TB is fine so far.
  • Options
    Hello, I'm 1.2m gp 8months old player and I finished so far all waves (except bh where I did 2/4 with only boba) I have most waves completed in my 90m gp guild.
    Just wanted you 2m gp rebel scum know.

LetTheHateflow
  • B0untryHR7
    663 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Please be honest and don't troll please
  • Options
    Versatti wrote: »
    I agree, it’s pretty tough even with Zeta dark side toons. As mentioned by another poster, I’m all for having an ability for guild officers to choose light or dark TB.

+1
  • Moonspell
    22 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    i bet there will be nothing happend to the people using this to cheat...
    if ea/cg has no time to bugtest such an event first, who should then read thousands of logs for expolit users.

i dont understand why this tb event is so hardcore in just the beginning phase. even shipfight is much harder then lightside. seams ea/cg really hate darkside players.

for me personal, i just quit playing the darkside tb. just give some comands to the guild, deploy my stuff and thats it. to much time, to hard 4t round battles and now reading a lot people use an exploit.
    the game became more and more boring, because of the wasted time and that is a shame for such a great game.

it wont help really...if you reduce the waiting time from 10 minutes to 2 minutes...and raise other time consuming stuff. or really nice to put more stuff in the stores, but also raising the prices. great...

next..every 2-3 weeks you drop out new chars...but never ask yourself how people should gear/level them up.
    if you do this for the only maybe 1.000 hardcore moneyplayer...im sure the 100.000 not hardcore player became more and more boring of this game and left.

i really like this game, but since some new person enter the ea/cg stuff...this game became more and more boring because of the amount of drop out/bugs/problems.
    nothing against some one personal...i just find this looks like it lead together.

maybe ea makes some pressure to cg, to earn more money...dont know.
    but this way the game at the moment goes...feels bad for a lot people i know.

maybe ea/cg ask yourself...how often do you excuse yourself the last 2 months to the community.
    no offence, for a lot people you just lost your credibility.

edit:
    same for modshop...
    really....1 mod for over 2.500 crystals what is like 20€
    wen i can get it for 16 cantina...or 7 mods for 999 crystals
    yes i know...in mod shop i see stats...but thats not worth the price.
    don't know who made this prices and if that bring any money to ea/cg...
    stupid...can't delete messageboard account.
  • Options
    Bradbrad wrote: »
    I screen shot it. It says its disabled. That is where my confusion is.

Olso check which part this is affecting
  • Options
    For me, the problem is not necessarily how hard it is, but the relative scaling of the difficulty. It feels like any sloppily thrown together team can go 3/4, but it takes a crazy meta multiple zeta g12 perfectly modded team to go 4/4... and that's just in phases 1-3. Phases 4-6 may be impossible to go 4/4. So then look at the difference in points awarded. 3/4 is practically the same points as 4/4. Why would anyone invest in a perfect team to go 4/4 if scrub teams can go 3/4 and get practically the same points?

In general, combat does not award enough points, so it becomes all about GP. "If you have X GP you will get Y stars" regardless of combat performance, team comp, etc. That makes it really boring. There should be at least a 12 star swing (6 on either side of mean) for star achievement at any given GP. That would give players an incentive to PLAY. Otherwise it's just another chore.

My 2 cents.
  • Options
    For me, the problem is not necessarily how hard it is, but the relative scaling of the difficulty. It feels like any sloppily thrown together team can go 3/4, but it takes a crazy meta multiple zeta g12 perfectly modded team to go 4/4... and that's just in phases 1-3. Phases 4-6 may be impossible to go 4/4. So then look at the difference in points awarded. 3/4 is practically the same points as 4/4. Why would anyone invest in a perfect team to go 4/4 if scrub teams can go 3/4 and get practically the same points?

In general, combat does not award enough points, so it becomes all about GP. "If you have X GP you will get Y stars" regardless of combat performance, team comp, etc. That makes it really boring. There should be at least a 12 star swing (6 on either side of mean) for star achievement at any given GP. That would give players an incentive to PLAY. Otherwise it's just another chore.

My 2 cents.

I agree with all you said
  • Options
    Nothing will happen to exploiters, too many whales have enjoyed the advantage.
  • Options
    Please remove the locked mechanism on the 3* areas. Some would like to practice and get a feel for these battles even though we weren't online in the first hour the next phase unlocks and guild mates finished the area while we were out living our lives.
  • Options
    Yes thank u for that helpful comment. Wat it looks like is there are no platoons from p1 or p2 that remove this in p3. So ur just stuck with getting wiped out super fast.
  • Zenflow
    79 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    So, today I noticed that they used LIGHT SIDE ships in the DS TB ship platoon. Personally, I think this speaks volumes about the game and its current lack of balance. Perhaps the devs are just not aware we would actually LIKE to see some new meta DS characters. So, the poll is - how do you see the current balance?
  • Options
    They use DS ships in LS ship platoons
  • Options
    They use DS ships in LS ship platoons

Hadnt honestly noticed this before, but thats my fault for not paying attention. Regardless though, the fact you cannot even achieve the 15/15 Ds ship unlocks also speaks volumes

• Options
    Just saw someone leave my guild over this fiasco. Think he had a mental breakdown... :(

You should have seen me day one. My God it was bad.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    I second this. The guild leader should be able to lift the lock OR all locks should be lifted when all territories in the phase are completed.
  • Zenflow
    79 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hope they even bother reading through this; Im done. Im not even going to bloody attempt the DS TB. I have loved this game for two years now, and absolute kitten like this is starting to ruin it for everyone. We were all SO excited to see some balance come to DS, and instead we got a kittening slap in the kitten face. Dishearted, demoralized, dont even want to bloody bother anymore. Ill add my units to platoons and totally ignore the combat, as it does nothing but leave me with a frustrated migraine.

Shouldve just shut down & restarted, pretty sure 95% of players wouldve prefered getting NOTHING from this than playing your garbled mess...
  • Options
    Following realistic design theory for risk vs reward; you should be rewarded stock options for beating phases of these new fights. I'm really looking forward to the opportunity... in two or three years, when I manage to catch up to where the three players it is current in balance for are at.
  • Zenflow
    79 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    MD_Geist wrote: »
    I enjoy it...

It is okay to have a new challenge, heck you can sim so many stuff now, auto rancor, auto gw etc.

With a good empire rooster its not to hard to clear all current waves (p1-3) and you cant expect easy mode without all the LS meta toons. Invest in DS (empire prefered), learn to build good squads instead of copy the cls arena train and have fun with a game challenge.

Beside some Bugs and a needed BH rework TB is fine so far.

YOU can sim most things, and you need to remember, players like yourself make up maybe 5% of the player base. The rest of us are NOT able to auto anything you listed. Guilds are NOT having a good time with this & people are quitting because it was their final straw with CG.

Edit; Ill add, Im at 1.2m gp consisting 90% of ds toons. I was excited for this. I was hoping I would finally be of some use to my guild other than hard rancor, as LS tb - my contribution is mediocre. Instead, just another bloody rip off let down.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's a ridiculous to track stat of waves completed and point contributed as a mean of "friendly competition" if you lock down everything as soon as three stars are reached.

Come on, how can we reasonably engage in good ol' a e-peen contest if stats are screwed like this ? Also yes, I didn't even had time to get an idea of how hard the ship battle of this phase would be because it was three-starred pretty quickly. Stopping people from deploying is one thing (that should be optional), but preventing players to play the comabt mission is just plain dumb.
  • Options
    I'm actually kind of fine with the difficulty. It's fun. I mean, yeah, there's some missions I'm not able to clear (Today's Bounty Hunter mission, for istance), but we needed some end-game challenge and some goal to work on (other than the usual panic farm).

That said, this TB made some flaws obvious:

1) Thermal Detonator are in dire need for a rework. TD being a debuff is the dumbest thing ever. In this day of power creep, they are not only doing less-than-impressive damage, despite being %age based, but they are also absolutely, completely, 100% useless most of the time since they will be cleansed before they can detonate anyway. Because yeah, if you give us a Bounty Hunter mission, giving a cleanse ability to multiple enemies in all the wave is dumb. BH partly revolves around detonators thanks to Boba's lead that synergize with Zam/Greedo.

2) Holy heck some DS factions are craving for a rework. Like, seriously. There's LS faction in need of some buff (Jedi and Jawa) but it's nowhere near as bad as the useless limp in DS. Separist being the most urgent one. (I mean, most urgent outside the not-even-complete factions such as the tuskens)
  • Options
    You’re right! Thermal detonators need to be a locked debuff or have them detonate immediately.
  • Zenflow
    79 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Durango wrote: »
    I'm actually kind of fine with the difficulty. It's fun. I mean, yeah, there's some missions I'm not able to clear (Today's Bounty Hunter mission, for istance), but we needed some end-game challenge and some goal to work on (other than the usual panic farm).

1) Thermal Detonator are in dire need for a rework. TD being a debuff is the dumbest thing ever. In this day of power creep, they are not only doing less-than-impressive damage, despite being %age based, but they are also absolutely, completely, 100% useless most of the time since they will be cleansed before they can detonate anyway. Because yeah, if you give us a Bounty Hunter mission, giving a cleanse ability to multiple enemies in all the wave is dumb. BH partly revolves around detonators thanks to Boba's lead that synergize with Zam/Greedo.

2) Holy heck some DS factions are craving for a rework. Like, seriously. There's LS faction in need of some buff (Jedi and Jawa) but it's nowhere near as bad as the useless limp in DS. Separist being the most urgent one. (I mean, most urgent outside the not-even-complete factions such as the tuskens)

While I agree we were in need of extra end game content - this should NOT have been it. Not when there is a light side counter part that is 30% as difficult by my estimation. It takes a 30k team to do in LS Tb, what 90k team does in DS TB if they are lucky. They have already announced another raid is in the works - THAT should be the endgame content. They released this, as they did the LS TB, as a MIDGAME everyone could participate in. They failed, miserably.

But I highly agree with your points about DS reworks. No reason Zeta teams should be failing in phase 1....
  • Options
    Durango wrote: »

Sure would be nice if we could vocalize our opinions without getting instantly deleted for no reason.
    So heres the second attempt at replying to you..

While I agree we were in dire need of new endgame - they already announced a new raid is in the works. This, should not have been it. Not when there is a light side comparison that is roughly 30% as difficult. From my experience, it took a 90k team in p1 to do what a 30k team can in ls tb. Unacceptable.

I strongly agree with the rework points you made.