Territory Battles: Imperial - difficulty feedback

Replies

• Options
    This buggy TB is actually making me miss Light Side TB.

Baby, come back.

That aside, I really do hope our feedback makes them sit up and realise this TB has to be fine-tuned.
  • Options
    What an insult. My full g12, full zetaed First Order squad barely beat 4/4 on p1, and since has lost every 4/4 wave. “Challenge” doesn’t even begin to describe this. This entire dstb is a huge insult to everyone. The devs *must* see and know that this entire thing is a pathetic joke! It’s a waste of time. The whole thing is going to get reworked anyway, save us all some time... Cut the cord now, pull the plug, and go back to the drawing board. Rewards or not, I really don’t care. But I do care about wasting my time.
  • Options
    Check_It wrote: »
    What an insult. My full g12, full zetaed First Order squad barely beat 4/4 on p1, and since has lost every 4/4 wave. “Challenge” doesn’t even begin to describe this. This entire dstb is a huge insult to everyone. The devs *must* see and know that this entire thing is a pathetic joke! It’s a waste of time. The whole thing is going to get reworked anyway, save us all some time... Cut the cord now, pull the plug, and go back to the drawing board. Rewards or not, I really don’t care. But I do care about wasting my time.

+1
  • Options
    Battling against the actual toons is fine, but what is actually killing me is the bombardment strike. I’ll be knee deep in wave 4 with all my toons at full health and 1/2 or more protection...then the bombardment hits and 1/2 my toons die or become easy pickings. It’s ridiculous. They seriously messsed up on this. If my CLS killing. g12 Zylo with 30k health and protection can’t hang, who can?
  • Options
    Do they even test this stuff before the release it? It’s beyond insane.

The beta....

The beta was for Territory Wars, not DS TB.
  • Options
    I love the DS. My roster is DS heavy with my only G12 guys being 7 DS people. Zader, Gmoff, Imperial Troopers, ZzThrawn, and DN. And to say that on phase 1 of the tb, I was fighting the fight of my life like this one another run of the mill OP broken rebel meta team! we've got 5 more days to go!!! On the ol LS tb I could at least use my G10 rebs to chew through DS comrades like they were gods. The force is seriously imbalanced.

On a side note, I really feel this just goes to show how imbalanced the two halves have become over the past two years. Its shameful when CLS and friends=Seto Kaiba yet Vader/Palpatine=Joey Wheeler.

• Zenflow
    79 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Breger wrote: »
    Do they even test this stuff before the release it? It’s beyond insane.

The beta....

The beta was for Territory Wars, not DS TB.

I think he was implying we are currently playing the beta of DS/TB, at least - thats how I feel about it.
  • Options
    Sorry again, i really feel only Players (sure its majority) without Hoth DS Heroes cry about it. If you have a well geared Vader you should have TFP, maybe Zid. and some others too. If you have a high geared Veers you also have Troopers (Snow is another Hero too). Sure Starck and Probe are new and need some money but IPD is better than Rolo /Hoth Han because it works with Droids too and its usefull for Arena. Starck improves I.Troopers (hint: Already have 2 Hoth DS Heroes here and are good here) all of them have a Bonus too and if you have at least Vader, Veers, Snow ready (includes Zeta) + Teams around them you are in a good Spot for DS TB.

I guess some of you forget that LS is way easier with characters like CLS, Han, R2 etc. (Most high Level Players will have them and/or other LS Meta toons well geared incl Zeta).
  • Options
    Hmm, my post was merged... Hope they listen to our feedback :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    MD_Geist wrote: »
    Sorry again, i really feel only Players (sure its majority) without Hoth DS Heroes cry about it. If you have a well geared Vader you should have TFP, maybe Zid. and some others too. If you have a high geared Veers you also have Troopers (Snow is another Hero too). Sure Starck and Probe are new and need some money but IPD is better than Rolo /Hoth Han because it works with Droids too and its usefull for Arena. Starck improves I.Troopers (hint: Already have 2 Hoth DS Heroes here and are good here) all of them have a Bonus too and if you have at least Vader, Veers, Snow ready (includes Zeta) + Teams around them you are in a good Spot for DS TB.

I guess some of you forget that LS is way easier with characters like CLS, Han, R2 etc. (Most high Level Players will have them and/or other LS Meta toons well geared incl Zeta).

Don't agree with this at all - I have a pretty decent DS lineup and think the difficulty of DSTB is horrendous - I have the following DS and I couldn't even finish Phase 4 on any of the current phase's combat missions:

G12 - Thrawn (zz), Tarkin, Zader, TFP, Shoretrooper, Nihlus
    G11 - Palpatine, DT
    G10 - Bobba, FoTFP, Phasma, Geo

I did 6/6 on LS with my G10 rebel team go figure no problem up until about Phase 5!

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Options
    TurgonGW wrote: »
    MD_Geist wrote: »

Don't agree with this at all - I have a pretty decent DS lineup and think the difficulty of DSTB is horrendous - I have the following DS and I couldn't even finish Phase 4 on any of the current phase's combat missions:

G12 - Thrawn (zz), Tarkin, Zader, TFP, Shoretrooper, Nihlus
    G11 - Palpatine, DT
    G10 - Bobba, FoTFP, Phasma, Geo

I did 6/6 on LS with my G10 rebel team go figure no problem up until about Phase 5!

I will write up a guid after the full TB we can collect some squads that are well for 4/4 in any Phase. With your lineup at least one full clear shoud be possible and no you dont need only G12 Zeta etc. It s way to early to cry, yes its difficult but again it brand new and its here to get G12 which means high end (and the gear is for 7* toons and high end gear 12 should also mean maxed characters with zeta) it clearly should be harder than hAAT (which will net your guild 0 stuff if you cant beat it, TB will give you reward even if you only spend GP).

Yes its more difficult than LS TB for various reasons but i clearly feel most cry because they invested into LS and still expect nearly the same Star amount than LS TB... Nerfing brand new high end content after release isnt the right way, rancor, aat are difficult at release, even some events like early yoda or thrawn caused trouble for a lot of Players.
  • Options
    Think of it this way: Phase 1 combat missions require 2 stars characters. Take any 2 stars characters from your rooster fully upgraded to the maximum level possible ( gear 11 ) and put unicorn mods on them 120+ speed on all and 1000+ offense ( stuff like that ). Try completing 4/4 for combat missions. If they say the requirement is 2 stars the missions should be doable with 2 stars characters. People are struggling with 7 stars gear 11 characters.

Although I managed to get 4/4 for all missions I'm a dark side fanboi and I did struggle... I have 5 zetas on sith alone. Do the math... 2 stars ??? Bwahahaha.
  • Options
    DS are my arena team. I have g12 nihilus and g11 everything else. I have good mods and speed. I hover between 25 - 50 in my arena shard. My sith team are pretty hard to beat elsewhere. DS TB platoons have been filled previously and battle bonuses acheived.

Yet, the enemy TB can still use a special aoe on me that decimates my health below 50% and I can't recover. Before I know it, another aoe hits me and wipes out my team that is one of the hardest DS teams to beat.

If my guild hadnt filled the platoons for bonuses I would get wiped out before I can get a hit.

The difficulty is so hard, having the rest of my team up to g12 would make little difference.

DS TB for me is something I would rather avoid and if it continued like this I would most likely just skip the insanely mismatched battles and deploy to get it out of the way.

No fun at all. My LS teams are not as developed as my DS teams and they do much better in LS TB.
  • Options
    stepgib wrote: »
    DS are my arena team. I have g12 nihilus and g11 everything else. I have good mods and speed. I hover between 25 - 50 in my arena shard. My sith team are pretty hard to beat elsewhere. DS TB platoons have been filled previously and battle bonuses acheived.

Yet, the enemy TB can still use a special aoe on me that decimates my health below 50% and I can't recover. Before I know it, another aoe hits me and wipes out my team that is one of the hardest DS teams to beat.

If my guild hadnt filled the platoons for bonuses I would get wiped out before I can get a hit.

The difficulty is so hard, having the rest of my team up to g12 would make little difference.

DS TB for me is something I would rather avoid and if it continued like this I would most likely just skip the insanely mismatched battles and deploy to get it out of the way.

No fun at all. My LS teams are not as developed as my DS teams and they do much better in LS TB.

Until next lightside tb, it will be more difficult too.
    Remember they added 3 more stars. The gravy train is ended
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Saber_Lott wrote: »
    Ok this is absolutely ****. I'm SLAUGHTERED in the fourth stage of PHASE TWO?!?

Beyond absurd.

Same here. I have a full Zeta FO Team, all Stage 11 with Zylo Level 12 and I had no chance in phase 2 (!!!) to complete the fourth wave. This is ridiculous! The day before yesterday, I was really looking forward to get some break and variety to the more and more palled light side battles. Now, I do not even want to continue this battles. Not talking about a phase 6 mission, this is phase 2 with a requirement of 4 star toons...what the heck?! However even in phase 6 you should be able to win the fight with such a team! This is just a pain in the a**. No fun at all! As an officer, I should motivate the weaker players in my guild to participate. Asking myself how, since its already hard to get myself going. Might simply stage my troops, at least this saves time :wink:
    I am native German. Hope there are not as many mistakes :smiley:

Full FO team with Kylo is not so good for this missions. Comps with KRU would clear last wave. small change but important for FO
  • BTBAMthony
    179 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    I like the more challenging tb.
    Funny thing is everyone really going to be in uproar next week when light tb is same way.
    They made tb easy for over 2 months. Almost entire time we knew darkside tb was coming.
    Devs, thanks for giving the game a little challenge. Nice to know that finally there is some content in the game ONLY doable by the very strongest.

You aren’t strong sir. You are rich. Name one thing you have done out of your own intelligence or skill that didn’t require countless dollars. Also, if you are so “skilled” and “strong” why don’t you take someone else’s squad that hasn’t invested thousands of dollars into the game and try to beat it on that. With your immense talent as a player I’m sure that would be cake right?
  • Options
    First order squad is honestly just not very good in this. Well unless you spent thousands of dollars on the new unmasked Kylo and new tie pilot. Try a sith team with zMaul lead, nihilus, Zylo. That got me through first 3 phases. Failed on current phase four though.
  • Options
    Example of how bad the waves are... A team w/ 53k power can complete just as many waves as a team with 78k power...

I did phase 2 bounty hunter mission with only a 4 toon team (60k power) and made it to the last wave..
  • Options
    I don’t understand why you can’t complete it. I used Maul (zeta), Savage, Nihilus, EP, and Assassin. Savage was G10 and 3 of the characters weren’t even modded. I completed it with all 5 left standing and never came close to losing anyone.

Overall this was a breeze. And I didn’t expect any different. Didn’t lose a single character in any battle.

Havig played all 3 battles and having the same impossible Wave 4 (not to mention Vader's wave 2) I call **** on your post.
  • Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    LOL My G12 Boba was destroyed too, those Wampas are broken
    But the rest of your squad is what gear? And what mods did you use? I finished special with just being lucky. I had full potency on them combined 310%. All g8, Zam g 9. Wampas were dstroying my squad one by one. Only dengar left.

Boba g12, IG 88 g11, Dengar g8, Cad Bane g9, Greedo g8
  • Options
    Does seem like FO just isn't cut out for these enemies unfortunately.
  • Options
    So I wonder why my mostly g10 FO team (except g9 FOST and g11 Zylo) with only two zetas (Zylo and zPhasma) and average mods at best (and certainly not Arena-grade even for Zylo) managed to get 4/4 on P4.
    Read and study the enemies’ abilities and tactics, adapt yours, don’t consider the same old tactics work. ;)
  • Options
    I read the forum for quita a while but never posted before, but difficulty level for DSTB for last wave is completely insane, especially for the first levels... It is so unbalanced that is clear it is not a matter of ajustmends but lack of tests and parameters set so very wrong this TB could just be cancelled
  • Options
    I'm 1.2m gp playa and so far I have 50 waves completed and I don't have bounty hunters.. So yeah its beatable for sure.
    But yeah can see you strugle when you are use to rebels in ls tb which beat it on auto at g10.

It's just feel good see rebel scum on knees and all the whales around crying
  • Options
    Well, best thing to do is hang on and play DS TB even if you cant win and/or have fun.
  • Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    So I wonder why my mostly g10 FO team (except g9 FOST and g11 Zylo) with only two zetas (Zylo and zPhasma) and average mods at best (and certainly not Arena-grade even for Zylo) managed to get 4/4 on P4.
    Read and study the enemies’ abilities and tactics, adapt yours, don’t consider the same old tactics work. ;)

Nope, if they can’t complete it the problem can’t possibly be their team or their strategy. They must blame the game.

CG should be embarrassed at all the bugs that made it through on this TB, but I hope they don’t give in to all of the whiners who need to win now and they keep the difficulty exactly where it is at.
  • Yograin
    28 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I have a Sith G12,5 team (Nihilus, Savage, Maul, Assassin, Palpatin) all zetas - Palpatin got swapped for a rather weak Sidious but I still expected a very easy experience with the other four.

I did indeed manage 4/4 the first 4 phases but today only Assassin survived yday only Savage and Assassin lived.. and today it was only because we managed to do 5/6 ship platoons.

The strafing run is too powerful with 40-60% HP damage + dispell and you need 6/6 ships to cancel it which isn't happening. Nihilus removes protection as the leader so the damage is even bigger.(might use other leader later)

It also feels like the regular lame rebel opponents outperform my Sith (strong healing, damage, dispells, taunts) having to annihilate 2 opponents per round is crazy.

Please note the Sith Assassin can oneshot CLS from full hp if she has her 5 buffs and full sith team. Against these Rebels she does maybe 25% HP... and even the stun gets resisted.
  • Options
    I don't think DS TB is too difficult but they made LS TB too easy. I really enjoy the challenge. So I would prefer if they increase the difficulty of the LS TB to match the DS TB and at the same time increase the rewards a little bit to compensate the fact that guilds will be achieving less stars.
  • Options
    If it has been said they know it was tuned a little wrong that is fine and in fact fine even if they want it that hard.
    The problem is the cost of joining in the fun, too expensive and EA have been too greedy.
    Also if EA developed a cure for cancer right now, they still wouldn't get good press, which I suppose I am mixed about.
    Many times in my life I was reminded you don't catch a break, you make them. So maybe they made their bed and they have to sleep in it.
  • Options
    pit-of-misery-59f16d.jpg