DSTB issue and response

Replies

• Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    leef wrote: »
    Regardless though, it's probably their loss since players are just going to ignore the platoons and become even less likely to spend cash to fill them.
    Well, that's what i hope will happen/is happening.

This is the burnout issue I've been talking about here. The faster content releases (toons and events) get with no major reductions to material and crystal and grind time and the more and more packs that get released alongside them, the harder I think it will be to sustain interested long term. I bet they see just enough spikes in cash flow with each release to not stop now, but strongly suspect this will be the end result without some overhauls or slowing down frequency of packs and toons (not amount, but frequency).

• Fantasty wrote: »
    These combat missions are some colossal ****
    I was stuck with my G12 Zeta Kylo vs 2 sh*tty rebels for an hour cause they kept healing and taunting. They won.

I was actually was in the same boat. I won surprisingly. All in the RNG and getting lucky w/ the stun timing on that healer =(
  • We need a 7* capital ship for the last phase ?
    How strange ?
  • Gawejn
    1095 posts Member
    Combat Mission on phase 6. Maxed Thrawn lead with zeta, maxed Stormtroper, g11 maxed Deathtrooper, plus g10 palp, and g8Tarkin. Only 3/4. If Stormtrooper wouldnt be g12 there wouldnt be any chance to clear third wave. On fourth wave theywere hitting for 30k on crits. On 3 wave Palp got one shot knocked down. I think without Shoretrooper it is close to impossible. I didnt have special ability and Rebels used their Special few times. Challange:)....
  • Germi wrote: »
    We need a 7* capital ship for the last phase ?
    How strange ?

I've tried to address this twice now but apparently not in a constructive way that makes certain people happy so here I am trying to do it again. This is clearly another mistake made on DSTB that wasn't tested before release.....why would DSTB be harder than LSTB? LSTB requires 6star ships but 7stars for the platoons which is fine...

The prime example of the issues with DSTB can be shown by anyone that received probe droid shards and it said Congratulations on your ROLO shards....
    How strange ?

I've tried to address this twice now but apparently not in a constructive way that makes certain people happy so here I am trying to do it again. This is clearly another mistake made on DSTB that wasn't tested before release.....why would DSTB be harder than LSTB? LSTB requires 6star ships but 7stars for the platoons which is fine...

The prime example of the issues with DSTB can be shown by anyone that received probe droid shards and it said Congratulations on your ROLO shards....

Yes it is completely broken !!
    How strange ?

7* capitals weren’t available when LS TB came out but now they are attainable.
    ...why would DSTB be harder than LSTB?

Why would it not be harder? It’s new content released later. They can’t just keep releasing content at the same difficulty level.
  • Ghostrider1982
    216 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Syncho wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    How strange ?

Why would it not be harder? It’s new content released later. They can’t just keep releasing content at the same difficulty level.
    Syncho wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    How strange ?

I'm sorry you must have paid for 7* capital ships in the packs that were available when they were released.....they were attainable.....they aren't now only in 15 increments once every few weeks unless you want to pay an extremely exorbant refresh of the event.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Regardless though, it's probably their loss since players are just going to ignore the platoons and become even less likely to spend cash to fill them.

This is the burnout issue I've been talking about here. The faster content releases (toons and events) get with no major reductions to material and crystal and grind time and the more and more packs that get released alongside them, the harder I think it will be to sustain interested long term. I bet they see just enough spikes in cash flow with each release to not stop now, but strongly suspect this will be the end result without some overhauls or slowing down frequency of packs and toons (not amount, but frequency).

I wasn't going in that deep. More like players buy a character because they think it's cool, end up having to platoon it in TB to help their guild because they're the only one that bought said character. That's gotta make you think twice the next time you're considering buying a character.
    Characters aren't cheap, especially when you can't even use them in the most recent game mode.
    Want to test out how well your new and shiny kylo unmasked FO team or Talzin NS team do in DS TB phase 5/6? nuh uhhh, platoons those badboys!!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ^ It's funky, agreed. Platooning a new shiny.
  • Gawejn
    1095 posts Member

I wasn't going in that deep. More like players buy a character because they think it's cool, end up having to platoon it in TB to help their guild because they're the only one that bought said character. That's gotta make you think twice the next time you're considering buying a character.
    Characters aren't cheap, especially when you can't even use them in the most recent game mode.
    Want to test out how well your new and shiny kylo unmasked FO team or Talzin NS team do in DS TB phase 5/6? nuh uhhh, platoons those badboys!!

It is not only about paid chars. Put Shore, Krenic, Thrawn, Deathtroper into platoons and try to play CMs without them. That is fun:)
  • Like someone above, in wave 2(!) of bottom combat mission, zKylo was stuck against rebel spy, soldier and captain (all elite). 20 minutes of manual play and 13 minutes of 4x auto and I was no further forward.

The enemy kept coming out of stun and gaining full TM. How is that possible or fair?

And for the small band of CG apologists out there, my zKylo is g12. If a g12 toon can neither kill or be killed, something is gravely wrong.

Looks like you going to need to level him up to 90, 8* him or gear him g13....oh...wait.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Like someone above, in wave 2(!) of bottom combat mission, zKylo was stuck against rebel spy, soldier and captain (all elite). 20 minutes of manual play and 13 minutes of 4x auto and I was no further forward.

The enemy kept coming out of stun and gaining full TM. How is that possible or fair?

And for the small band of CG apologists out there, my zKylo is g12. If a g12 toon can neither kill or be killed, something is gravely wrong.

By no means am I saying it's fair, but it's from the p5 platoons. Which I've heard is bugged anyway because completing those platoons doesn't actually remove the 40% (more like 99% amirite?) chance that they remove debuffs at the start of their turn.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Gawejn wrote: »

It is not only about paid chars. Put Shore, Krenic, Thrawn, Deathtroper into platoons and try to play CMs without them. That is fun:)

Yea, that too, but that doesnt hurt their bottom line ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • P6 platoons still look the same, you didn’t fix anything
  • Edward wrote: »
    P6 platoons still look the same, you didn’t fix anything

I think they meant the exploit.
  • Yeah hi. I have an issue to report with Dark Territory Battles. They are the worst.
  • What CG chooses to do is between them and the party getting the punishment. If your hand was not in the cookie jar, you have nothing to fear.
  • The good news is this is half of our TB experience now! Even after they fix the bugs it'll take a while for my neck to heal from all the head-shaking over the last 5 days. I think I got carpal tunnel syndrome in my neck from all the repetitive motion.
  • DmanofGod1 wrote: »
    Yeah hi. I have an issue to report with Dark Territory Battles. They are the worst.

I experienced this issue as well.
  • I usually don't care about compensation for CG's screwups, but for the amount of time and frustration in this TB... just saying, it better bring a tear to my eye...
    The Academy of the Fallen
  • It wont compensate for the people that are leaving the guild... We are losing long term players over this
  • People are leaving all over :( many good, dedicated players. Sad to see them go.
  • Are people really giving up? No one from my guild has been that down on it, really **** off but not quitting. **** we must be lucky!
  • People have been leaving "everywhere and all the time" since the game started.

They would have pretty detailed data on the actual numbers so unless someone here has even more accurate data I doubt claims of mass quiting is going to bend them at all unless the data backs it up.
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It’s quite ridiculous and the silence is deafening. Am in a mostly F2P guild and so we don’t expect the earth. But this is making even those of us that spend a little here and there not want to pull out our wallets. Everyone has to panic farm everything because of no communication. Plus we all have to farm toons for LS and DS TB battles. And yay TW is coming and Rey’s Journey. This is causing analysis paralysis everywhere. And honestly I can’t be bothered to spend anymore even if it was just a small amount compared to whales because the benefit is not there. I’ll play for free, maybe buy a few crystals to get some gear a bit quicker but the shear number of toons needed and the paywalls they are behind and the fact they are now required rather than just wants for arena is killing things.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    People have been leaving "everywhere and all the time" since the game started.

They would have pretty detailed data on the actual numbers so unless someone here has even more accurate data I doubt claims of mass quiting is going to bend them at all unless the data backs it up.

For sure. And I’m sure the data points to more money being made. But I’m saying personally I know many that have left /leaving and they are good peeps. That I will miss being in chats or guilds with.
  • Can't really help that. If people want to leave they're going to leave.
  • You don’t think tbs or some other things like the platoons have to anything with it?