DSTB issue and response

Replies

• pac0naut wrote: »
    <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Our team is working on a server release today that will slowly roll out a fix that'll address Territory Battle's Platoon Deployment mechanic. This fix will do its work in the background, so players will NOT require a client restart of their game. Let is know if you encounter any issues.

@CG_LucifersDaddy and @CG_Leviathan will be on hand evaluating the numbers and taking action on accounts found to have engaging with this exploit.

As always, we appreciate your patience and reports in regards to this serious issue. Battle on!

I thought it wasn't possible to make changes to TB while it was going on?

I could have SWORN they said that last week.

I know its frowned upon to defend CG but the difference between what they were talking about in regards to not being able to make changes and fixing a glitch are pretty obvious.
  • <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Our team is working on a server release today that will slowly roll out a fix that'll address Territory Battle's Platoon Deployment mechanic. This fix will do its work in the background, so players will NOT require a client restart of their game. Let is know if you encounter any issues.

@CG_LucifersDaddy and @CG_Leviathan will be on hand evaluating the numbers and taking action on accounts found to have engaging with this exploit.

As always, we appreciate your patience and reports in regards to this serious issue. Battle on!

No i will not battle on your taking action and a background fix... You said nothing could be done till the end of the TB. How about fix IT ALL instead. I'm sick of lies and false promises. Sorry but your announcement means nothing to the majority here.
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

I could have SWORN they said that last week.

I know its frowned upon to defend CG but the difference between what they were talking about in regards to not being able to make changes and fixing a glitch are pretty obvious.

Oh, I know. That was my attempt at being facetious.

I get one attempt per day.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for the correction. Any comments on the composition of the platoons would also be nice.
  • What a lackluster response after all day to come up with something lol

Nothing about broken points, awful platoons, no, hey people, sorry to release such an untested product on a 4 day holiday weekend and leaving everyone hanging, my bad
  • Berimbolo wrote: »
    What a lackluster response after all day to come up with something lol

Nothing about broken points, awful platoons, no, hey people, sorry to release such an untested product on a 4 day holiday weekend and leaving everyone hanging, my bad

All day they have had a nice long weekend to ignore the complete mess they created and eventually comment on it and it's the players who pay there wages at fault

• StuboCee
    138 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    So a patch can't be put out in time to fix the fact you are limiting our TP with battles being kitten hard in the early phases plus they don't even give the full bonus TP as advertised because of course if it helps us it can't be fixed right away we have to wait until the game mode ends.

But of course if we can gain extra points through a broken system within the game that will get fixed right away! (not right after is was reported to be fair, more like right after it was made public.)

How about us players be on hand evaluating the numbers and taking action by devs found to have been in charge of dark side TBs!
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

It's not. It's definitely tough to respond without revealing too much, but suffice to say this shouldn't change the current Territory Battle directly, but patch an exploit in the server so that this will not happen again going forward.

@CG_LucifersDaddy and @CG_Leviathan will pore over data logs after the fix is live and determine who abused the exploit and who bumped into it accidentally.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Revealing too much...you mean being transparent?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    now i'm just wondering what's so important that it can't be revealed yet...

Save water, drink champagne!
  • I’m not surprised this is the spin doctoring, circular response we get. Shaking my head. I’m thoroughly done reading this garbage. Reciting serenity prayer is all that’s left. Peace out
  • Shrouded in mystery
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

They probably don't have to change the player's client, just the server inputs or something
  • I give up, CG are obviously going to take no responsibility for the utter rubbish they released and just keep blaming there customers. What more can we say to them without getting a real response?
  • leef wrote: »
    now i'm just wondering what's so important that it can't be revealed yet...

Make mine a double!
  • We are at p5 and I am sure they can’t see who have cheated in the platoon. The warnings are pale and the mess up are big time.
  • I've had the platoon glitch happen a couple of times today when we were trying to fill ships platoons, sadly 3 of us were trying to fill them at same time so I'm personally glad they're working to fix it, hope the fix works.
  • Me2
    123 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Azza wrote: »
    Thanks for the correction. Any comments on the composition of the platoons would also be nice.

hEmT7fL.jpg

Haha too sleepy.. got me with that old post.

It's definately broken..
  • It definitely needs fixing quickly, the whole thing needs looking at though, those platoon requirements are total bull. 6* Probe Droid, does anyone have one of those? All the new Nightsisters that aren't even farmable. It's crazy. It will hopefully get sorted and properly balanced and feel less rushed. I have faith in you guys, just promise that you'll take your time with it, nobody wants a TB that's broken!
  • <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

It's not. It's definitely tough to respond without revealing too much, but suffice to say this shouldn't change the current Territory Battle directly, but patch an exploit in the server so that this will not happen again going forward.

@CG_LucifersDaddy and @CG_Leviathan will pore over data logs after the fix is live and determine who abused the exploit and who bumped into it accidentally.

Thanks for the reply. Along with (most) people here, I understand the difficulty of your job and truly enjoy the game CG has created, and do understand that "things happen". In the end, this IS just a game, and while it is frustrating for players, it's probably more so for you as the creators.

So while it hasn't been the smoothest of rides the past week, I sincerely do appreciate your hard work.

I hope everybody there had a wonderful holiday. All the best.
  • <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Yes!
  • CG_Kozispoon wrote: »
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Um, how are we supposed to know if there’s still an issue with platoon deployment?
    Unless you’re asking us to try exploiting it?
  • They didn’t manage to ban anyone that exploited the double challenge bugs many months ago. That was a far bigger exploit than the current TB one and nothing was done back then. Just smoke and mirrors to give the impression it will be fixed immediately with the patch...
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    It definitely needs fixing quickly, the whole thing needs looking at though, those platoon requirements are total bull. 6* Probe Droid, does anyone have one of those? All the new Nightsisters that aren't even farmable. It's crazy. It will hopefully get sorted and properly balanced and feel less rushed. I have faith in you guys, just promise that you'll take your time with it, nobody wants a TB that's broken!

Neither do we! We're doing the best we can and will make it out the other side together.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Do you guys hire PR people? I think you guys need to look into hiring a PR expert. Threatening players for an exploit found in a broken, rushed release of content isn't the smartest course of action. Without us, this game wouldn't survive. Learn from the Battlefront fiasco. Love on your customers and we'll love you all back. It's simple.
  • 303382ee490362a20300762a0a27ec952d609366863b9d13265574979c5b11dc.gif
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • For my vote, I don’t want top prizes just a level playing field. Let the DS TB and just reward everyone the same prize. Will upset some, but at least the overall integrity of rewards would be upheld.
  • Having seen people say how the deploy bug apparantly works I can be sure I pressed the button a few times.
    My guild doesn’t have more stars than expected though so I don’t think anyone has really abused it

• Thanks for the reply. Along with (most) people here, I understand the difficulty of your job and truly enjoy the game CG has created, and do understand that "things happen". In the end, this IS just a game, and while it is frustrating for players, it's probably more so for you as the creators.

So while it hasn't been the smoothest of rides the past week, I sincerely do appreciate your hard work.

I hope everybody there had a wonderful holiday. All the best.

Except its not just a game, its a business and they want to turn a profit off of us. And in response, we should have a MUCH better product.

If this were some sort of enterprise software and there were this many bugs/issues/lack of thought all holy hell would be raised.