DS TB Phase 4 platoons [MERGE]

12346Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    BTBAMthony wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

@BTBAMthony thats an odd way to look at it since the last update included an update to GW, one of those sub forums that has been thriving with conversations asking for said update....

That’s a straw man fallacy. For the sake of argument though I will pursue this off topic point. Galactic war was also the only facet of the game that could be completed through strategy and with f2p squads. Yea it was difficult but It never encouraged buying characters like keeping up with arena, territory battles, or raids does. This is an easy change to make that has very little repercussion on sales.

I have seen two posts about platoons moved out of this forum just today. Posts that were clearly about Imperial Invasion. They were moved to feedback board. I appreciate your attempt and understand that it’s your job. But it doesn’t change the fact that people speaking truth are constantly “hushed” in these forums.

Edit: I realize this post sounds negative. I love this game and think it has a lot of potential. That’s the only reason I’m still here and talking in forums. That’s why we are all here. We wouldn’t waste our time trying to help improve something if we didn’t care about it.

Firstly, volunteer, so not my job i'm here because i love the game and want to help the game and the forum become better.

Dismissing a change because you dont think it has a monetary value doesn't make it so.

There is no dev monitoring of GD, only the devs that are on the PR side of things. The sub forums are where the devs that can actually execute changes are looking, dividing them up helps the content be relevant to a specific topic. There is no way to hush things, if we wanted that things would have stayed as they were and things would get buried in GD every hour and never be seen by anyone unless they were flagged to be looked at. I'm also confused about how any of this is a "hush" since its still there for all to see and actually becoming more visible to the people who need to see it....

Most (if not all) posts about the P4 platoons are here where they should be, and nothing is ever deleted (as long as its within forum guidelines). <<we get that one alot and its just not true.

anyway, i dont want to derail this thread any longer. people jump on the devs with any mistakes made, but never want to give them any credit when they listen......
  • BTBAMthony
    179 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Firstly, volunteer, so not my job i'm here because i love the game and want to help the game and the forum become better.

Dismissing a change because you dont think it has a monetary value doesn't make it so.

There is no dev monitoring of GD, only the devs that are on the PR side of things. The sub forums are where the devs that can actually execute changes are looking, dividing them up helps the content be relevant to a specific topic. There is no way to hush things, if we wanted that things would have stayed as they were and things would get buried in GD every hour and never be seen by anyone unless they were flagged to be looked at. I'm also confused about how any of this is a "hush" since its still there for all to see and actually becoming more visible to the people who need to see it....

Most (if not all) posts about the P4 platoons are here where they should be, and nothing is ever deleted (as long as its within forum guidelines). <<we get that one alot and its just not true.

anyway, i dont want to derail this thread any longer. people jump on the devs with any mistakes made, but never want to give them any credit when they listen......

http://ebusiness.mit.edu/research/papers/206_Dellarocas_ManipulationOfInternetOpinionForums.pdf

There are plenty more out there if you are willing to search. What constitutes a change? Notice how the EA post on reddit getting the most dislikes of any reddit post ever caused them to make a change in battlefront 2. But what if that post had been on here? And they were able to move it to a sub-forum that is much less visited by the public? What if they could scatter opinions rather than letting them form together and unite? It’s really actually common practice, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.

I hear what you are saying though. I wasn’t dismissing anything, I was just trying to show how that is comparing apples to oranges. Many people were very happy about changes to GW. So that’s good. But that doesn’t change what’s going on through other aspects of the game. The fact that characters only accessible through $300+ Purchases are being required so heavily so early on is just counter intuitive. It Is either A ) poor planning (this would be more like oblivious planning) or B ) an obvious money grab. Either of which is easily avoidable if effort is put forth. Changes to galactic war is irrelevant to that. That’s all I was saying. And that is very on topic with OP.

And I’ll even add. I’m not dissing the devs... I’m dissing the guys telling the devs to add money grabbing incentives to their content. It’s clear the devs are experienced and know how to create solid content. But they are just cogs in a greater system. If anything, I feel sorry that the devs get so much crap. It’s likely not their fault at all. But yea keep doing you. I want this game to thrive as much as you do. We just go about it in different ways I guess.
  • Options
    Like having unmasked Kylo in platoons already?????????
  • Options
    I'm wondering... is it really fun for the whales out there, to spend lots of money for toons you can't play with, because you have to put them into the platoons?
  • Options
    My guild faced 11/12 platoons containing P2P characters - Night Sisters and new FO units. Premium ships were present also in 2 ship squadrons.

Devs, please remove these P2P characters from platoons!
  • Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    Some ppl report they even have Imperial Probe Droid - which is literally impossible

If you want it, you can buy it
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    Imp Probe and Col. Starck in our platoons today. Like yesterday we can fill 0/16 platoons.
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    These platoons are morale killing
  • Options
    We can fill 1 platoon today. I feel this is a victory? Completely working as intended :D
  • Gawejn
    1114 posts Member
    Options
    BTBAMthony wrote: »

@BTBAMthony thats an odd way to look at it since the last update included an update to GW, one of those sub forums that has been thriving with conversations asking for said update....

That’s a straw man fallacy. For the sake of argument though I will pursue this off topic point. Galactic war was also the only facet of the game that could be completed through strategy and with f2p squads. Yea it was difficult but It never encouraged buying characters like keeping up with arena, territory battles, or raids does. This is an easy change to make that has very little repercussion on sales.

I have seen two posts about platoons moved out of this forum just today. Posts that were clearly about Imperial Invasion. They were moved to feedback board. I appreciate your attempt and understand that it’s your job. But it doesn’t change the fact that people speaking truth are constantly “hushed” in these forums.

Edit: I realize this post sounds negative. I love this game and think it has a lot of potential. That’s the only reason I’m still here and talking in forums. That’s why we are all here. We wouldn’t waste our time trying to help improve something if we didn’t care about it.

Hm, mistakes? Yes i dont mind about mistakes but bug about platoons and poits achieved thru combat it is hard to call mistake. I really dont know how to call it. With one battle you can see wrong points achieved. So how they couldnt see this before update? They didnt test it even once? Or they test it and it was ok but after update on live serwer it wasnt ok? How it is possible? Also about Probe Droid Shards it is obvious they use the same code, how it is possible that programer didnt change from ROLO to IMP? Maybe he forgot about this or maybe didnt send message to another dev to change this. Ok platoon bug, this one was harder to find... but still 10 players during testing easily could find this bug. Players got live new mode, so maybe it is better to call every new mode first time beta test? We can test it. Give everyone gear zeta crystals for testing phase and everything would be fine.
  • Options
    Day 5 and platoons are worse. More P2P AND trash toons today (tuskens, poggle, mob enforcer, nute)
  • Options
    I'd rather have trash farmable toons than toons that are only available in packs.
  • Options
    Hiya everyone! These platoons are WAI. Just part of our curated Platoon compositions. Hope you all are enjoying the deliberate experience of Platoons!
  • Options
    my guild is in the same place a lot of other f2p guilds not be able to do any platoons due to the new night sisters, and first order toons being needed.

I have to join the many angry voices and say not happy with this event and how badly it has been done.
  • Options
    Day 5 and platoons are worse. More P2P AND trash toons today (tuskens, poggle, mob enforcer, nute)

I have all those toons. I just don't have the p2p toons so 00s for platoons again.
  • Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    And another thing; we are rank number 57 for GP in entire game. We managed 3 platoons today. Not one person is planning on "farming" the toons for it like zombie or the other ones.

I'll repeat that because it sounds insane:

In the game swgoh the number 57 ranked guild for guild points in the entire game can only complete three platoons in phase 4 of the new dark side territory battle game mode because thousands, yes thousands, of US dollars were not spent. :neutral:

Ill echo this. I'll even go as far to say you're probably a little low on the estimated cost. Lets figure, at worst case scenario RNG buying packs, 5 per attempt (which, lets be real - the amount of times anyone has ever gotten more than 5 could probably be counted on one hand.) By this math, 600$ per 7* character. We've reached the level that only tens of thousands of dollars could possibly be enough. Rediculous.
  • Options
    @Gawejn +10000 to your reply to Kyno.

We are not slamming the new content. No, EA please read properly. We appreciate it whenever you roll out new content to freshen the game up.

We are slamming the quality checks of the new content. It's slipshod to release a new game mode, encounter so many bugs and then threaten action against players and not even an apology for the fiasco that rages for 6 days?

Look, someone messed up in the QC department. Simple as that. An apology should be issued? Or is this the elephant in the room over at EA HQ?

We don't mind being the beta testers. Is your company recruiting? I don't mind doing daily 600 at EA HQ every day.
  • Options

We are not slamming the new content. No, EA please read properly. We appreciate it whenever you roll out new content to freshen the game up.

We are slamming the quality checks of the new content. It's slipshod to release a new game mode, encounter so many bugs and then threaten action against players and not even an apology for the fiasco that rages for 6 days?

Look, someone messed up in the QC department. Simple as that. An apology should be issued? Or is this the elephant in the room over at EA HQ?

We don't mind being the beta testers. Is your company recruiting? I don't mind doing daily 600 at EA HQ every day.

This^^ we wouldn’t be here if we didn’t care about the game. And it seems a pretty consistent trend that content is being tested by us rather than by EA. Like another post said. Either send a check to my house or at least reimburse in game for causing your entire community to beta test content that they were under the impression had already been tested.

I think EA also has to realize that maybe even subconsciously a lot of players continue to play because they have made monetary investments in the past. And they don’t want to feel like their money was wasted. Content like this is bound to have backlash among a community continually badgered with P2W panic farms and many other obvious money grabbing schemes. I think we just keep expecting a breath of fresh air with new content. And are continually let down. But I won’t give up hope. I love Star Wars too much. Just waiting for them to wake up.