Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    djgavsta wrote: »
    Will there be any packs in the store for the veteran smugglers for the upcoming events?
    I'm no whale and have vet han on 77/85 and vet chewie on 0/85

Information regarding Packs and more will be detailed in the Content Update notes. I will note now that there will quite a number of packs live at one time. A copious amount of Packs that the team has warned Android users may experience some lag.
    tenor.gif
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Bossk_Hogg
    335 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I’ve defended nearly every decision made by y’all. I defended the requirements for CLS (even though I didn’t get him), the chimeara, thrawn, bb-8, etc. I’ve defended release schedules, events, hasty updates, and the power creep. But this, this is some major kitten. I’ve spent 300 crystals every single day on cantina energy, using it only on starring my vets, and they’re still only 5 stars.

Unless you give out free shards, this is the first time I’m willing to call a character p2p, because Rey absolutely will be. There is no way somebody will be able to unlock the new Rey without spending money which is wrong and undermines everything I have enjoyed about this game for the last two years.
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    I've always been a supporter for CG but this is complete kitten. Merry Christmas, whales only.

F2p here, I'll probably manage to get her, better luck next time folks

Not without spending crystals that you paid for likely. Unless you saved crystals for like 4 months prior

Bingo. Lotta p2p players on here pretending they aren't buying or are one of the only ones who magically saved the 15,000 crystals needed to farm the veterans...

there's also lotta people on here pretending it's impossible even for nifty f2p players though ;)

There's more people acting like "just win the lottery" is a valid business strategy. Because that's what a top 5 FTP basically did. They got lucky. Seeded into a shard with low spenders that they managed to get more 20+ secondary speed mods than. Having the zeta challenge drop 4 mats vs others getting several weeks of 0's. Getting good RNG isnt a skill, and is basically all that separates you from the rest of the top 100 with your same team comp.

yea yea, it's just luck. haha.
    i'd also like to note that no one in my top100 uses the same team comp as i do ;)

Well you're just the most special creature and no one could ever be as smart as you. You, and you alone, are running the magic bullet on your unicorn shard. Or you could just be lying to inflate your e-peen. I know which I believe is more likely.

On both of my shards, its more or less clone teams. The only thing separating them is RNG on mods and gear drops.

• Options
    Be sound and put the vets in somewhere else as well so we can get there.
  • Options
    Good old EA. What a surprise. Im sorry you wont get my crystals. Its literally impossible. Im farming Han since start and Im not even close to 6 stars.
  • Options
    If Rey comes, which she will, before CLS and CLS doesn't come right after, it's gonna be insanity! Now not only you have to survive without CLS but also without CLS and Rey!

This is absolutely insane, the game has always given us a chance to catch up to the OP toon before the next broken toon came out. This time it seems that we won't be able to have either and unless CLS comes a week after Rey then we are being put so far behind...

• Options
    Not sure if it has been said yet but they never said the vets are required at 7* to get Rey as far as I'm aware, they did state that Rey will unlock at 7* but the part that requires vets may only be 5* who knows yet. Keep optimistic :)
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I’ve defended nearly every decision made by y’all. I defended the requirements for CLS (even though I didn’t get him), the chimeara, thrawn, bb-8, etc. I’ve defended release schedules, events, hasty updates, and the power creep. But this, this is some major kitten. I’ve spent 300 crystals every single day on cantina energy, using it only on starring my vets, and they’re still only 5 stars.

Unless you give out free shards, this is the first time I’m willing to call a character p2p, because Rey absolutely will be. There is no way somebody will be able to unlock the new Rey without spending money which is wrong and undermines everything I have enjoyed about this game for the last two years.

I’m in the exact same situation. The event should’ve started in Januari to give f2p players a chance to get her if they went all in

Im f2p and I'm getting her
  • Options
    le_goat wrote: »
    I really shouldn't be surprised that they are doing this again, but it gets me every time. You'd think I'd learn not to get let down by this sort of garbage. Of course, they do have whales to feed, and those whales are putting some people's kids through college.

That maybe true.
    You’re right, the whales that have taken the easy way out and have paid for their privilege, deserve to get her.
    I agree.

But that doesn’t mean that the veteran players that have been playing since the very beginning and have worked for their rosters and strength don’t deserve her just as equally.

First, why is it the "easy" way out. They worked hard for their real world money, they earned their paycheck (presumably), so why is it that "easy" way out. Easier than farming, but they did earn it nonetheless.

Second, Why would you think that a theoretical long term F2P player deserves to be equal to a paying customer? They don't earn a dime off F2P players. Every aspect of the game is designed to get people to spend money, which means those that spend deserve more than those that don't.

• Options
    F2P, in Inglorious Blasters, Which is an entirely free to play guild with US and EU factions. I will get her by the end of the event as will others in our guild. Most of us take first in arena everyday and weve been saving our crystals at least since there were rumblings of a heros journey for Rey, some even longer because no content was worth blowing crystals on. Ive farmed them from cantina from the day they were put there and only bought 3 shipments of four chewy shards so far. I have 18/85 for Chewy and 0/100 for Han. I have 16k crystals saved up and I should only need 14k. Using 300 crystals for Cantina and buying shipments, F2P shipments I might add, I will have them and get her. Just saying its possible to do things like this but yall need to start saving your crystals better or just wait it out.
  • costahd
    134 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Luke, there is a time of logic and there are times for others things..
    We argue on something that we don't know and understand in full. They promise they will come with more details.
    Let's wait to see about what we will argue or be happy about it.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Vet bundle packs, 80 shards each for $19.99 and 1299 crystal gamble packs for 5-330 shards is fair for F2P and P2P.

Another round of free character shards events for vet han and chew would be even more generous, but the packs are fine.

Why are some you so angry? Are we playing the same game?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Ere742 wrote: »
    Not sure if it has been said yet but they never said the vets are required at 7* to get Rey as far as I'm aware, they did state that Rey will unlock at 7* but the part that requires vets may only be 5* who knows yet. Keep optimistic :)

Yes they did. It's right there in the requirements.
  • Options
    Rey's event is 58 days after the Vets were put in shipments at 80 crystals per shard. So, for a mere 730 crystals per day investment for two months, everybody can get Rey. Why all the complaining? /sarcasm
  • Options
    This is what the game is about. Working towards something. If you didn’t have something to work towards or look forward to, the game would be bland and have no desire to play it. I’m not going to get Rey this time and I didn’t get CLS first time either round but I’ve grinded and will get CLS next time. If they just made every character easy to get it doesn’t make the game challenging nor satisfying for completing something that’s tough and worthwhile. I’m F2P and if I have to wait till next time so be it. For all the people saying, that oh I didn’t know what characters. The Force Awakens has been around for ages so your had ample time to farm those characters or you simply just chose to farm others instead. So you should just require the Vets. Even though yes they were never ‘confirmed’. Just use your brain. Who do you think is part of ‘Rey’s Journey?’ Honestly you’re not that much of a Star Wars fan if you don’t know who’s been part of Rey’s journey. Take an educated guess and go with it rather than having a moan. Rant over.
  • Options
    F2P, in Inglorious Blasters, Which is an entirely free to play guild with US and EU factions. I will get her by the end of the event as will others in our guild. Most of us take first in arena everyday and weve been saving our crystals at least since there were rumblings of a heros journey for Rey, some even longer because no content was worth blowing crystals on. Ive farmed them from cantina from the day they were put there and only bought 3 shipments of four chewy shards so far. I have 18/85 for Chewy and 0/100 for Han. I have 16k crystals saved up and I should only need 14k. Using 300 crystals for Cantina and buying shipments, F2P shipments I might add, I will have them and get her. Just saying its possible to do things like this but yall need to start saving your crystals better or just wait it out.

You must be one of those fellers who's had a vertabra surgically removed so you can bend over far enough.

I just use my hand.

Probably cause you can’t afford the surgery just like you can’t afford the vets.... how many more of life’s travesties are you gonna complain about?
  • Options
    Thanks goodness. We needed another thread.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Remember her kit may contain spoilers to TLJ. They are probably required to wait for a specific date in order to release it.

Asking won't speed that up.
  • Options
    Who asking? If I might ask?
  • Options
    Oh yay another round of back and forth infighting!!!
  • Options
    Yeah, you should all spend money panic-farming the veterans without knowing what you're spending that money on.
    Also, new Rey is the version in the end of TFA, so no spoilers there.
  • Options

Exactly, we don't know..let's wait to find out.
  • Options
    Hype af!
  • Options
    By far the most horribly handled character release I've ever seen in a game. Congrats to all the whales though. Y'all get a fun shiny new toy.
  • Options
    If nobody invested in vets or wasted money on packs and didnt bother getting rey, the game wouldnt change much and revenue might be down enough to cause a change of model, the lack of transparency is the worst issue, you find out more on discord than you do from the devs, they are beyond pointless these days
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    costahd wrote: »

Good grief, seriously? This is a *complete lie.*
    You will need to have 7-star versions of each of the following characters to fully complete the Rey’s Hero’s Journey event:
  • Options
    What's the hype here? Rey <yawn> who? Pretty much what everyone was expecting. I've got my 2* vets ready to rumble.

Now that EA has managed to free up all that brain power into an announcement for Rey, do you think you have maybe 30 seconds to type 8 numbers into an announcement which provides a date for the CLS event -dd/mm/yyyy (hope the slashes help)
  • Options

"You will need to have 7-star versions of each of the following characters to fully complete the Rey’s Hero’s Journey event:"
  • Options
    Confirmed, Rey is a CLS KILLER!

Hype! AF!
  • Options
    Enerdrizer wrote: »

"You will need to have 7-star versions of each of the following characters to fully complete the Rey’s Hero’s Journey event:"

Still we don't see the whole picture. We need to know all the details. I think is resonable to understand that.
    I am not against argue, but we argue on pieces of information.