Mythic Event [MERGE]

Replies

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Go figure they’d do it on a weekend, too, so there’s nothing to be done about it. I am NOT happy.

Good thing you used caps on NOT.
  • Monel wrote: »
    Go figure they’d do it on a weekend, too, so there’s nothing to be done about it. I am NOT happy.

Good thing you used caps on NOT.

Made me think if the family guy episode where Peter is the lady in the office that can NOT get sick right now lol!
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    ZatyraJinn wrote: »
    The veterans drop rate is a atrocious. Both days on double drop thus far ive refreshed 3 times and have gotten miserable drops. Just a couple each day. What am i even paying for? Its ridiculous. Wasting my money just to get frustrated. Obviously i dont expect to get them every sim but its a little much. It feels like half a scam. Telling us about the rey event and then making the characters needed impossible to star in time. Even after giving my penny

Want to hear somethings terrible? I did 2’sets of 20 this morning on han, got 16 the first time and 22 th second. That is an effective 95% rate. Best I have ever seen and by far the best place have ever done.

Just saying, it my be you just have really bad luck.

• I just needed to wait until I had the rng left poe alive for his turn and then he exposed the taunter. From there my zFinn team wiped up.
  • For those of you having trouble: Tier 3 is difficult, but definitely not impossible. Just keep plugging for good RNG. It took me a lot of attempts, but I ended up 3*ing it. Spamming R2's improvise helps a lot.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    I really liked this event and here's why:

It is challenging in a way that highlights the strengths of the Resistance synergies. Sure the loaded TM is a bit gimmicky. And the FO TM gains are unrealistic. But we already know that event characters and teams are tweaked. CG has said main characters, like Thrawn, in the legendary events start with reduced cooldowns. This isn't much different.

So you face a barrage at the outset and an enemy that gains TM very fast. Resistance is great at controlling a battle through TM manipulation. So if you survive the first 20 seconds you have to use the very thing the team is good at to succeed.

And what about that initial barrage? We'll, the event does suggest G11 toons. That seems to be focused on surviving until you can get a turn. If you can do that, which is possible with a little luck at G9 or G10, you can use the mechanic introduced by this event, BB-8's Illuminated Destiny, to rebuild protection and survivability.

It's been suggested that increasing tenacity on the FO team would have been a better way to make this event challenging and I disagree because without the exposes it's just a slug fest. Why even use Resistance at that point? It would be even more RNG dependant. Poe doesn't expose anyone on his first turn? Retreat.

For anyone looking for strategy ideas:
    I completed tier 3 with a very mediocre, mostly G9/G10, team on the 4th or 5th try.

G9 zFinn (L)
    G12 R2, 260 speed - use smoke screen ASAP to focus attacks on R2
    G10 Poe
    G10 Trooper
    G8 BB-8

R2 is there to take a beating until Poe can go. And his stun is incredibly helpful too. Between him and Finn you can potentially stun everyone. And finally, his AoE Improvise can load the team with TM in a hurry if two or three exposes are present. Other than that it's the typical Resistance strategy.

Thanks for reading!

This strategy worked perfectly, thanks! Didn't lose a character!
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    The first order had 21 attacks before my first turn. R2 at 257 speed, Poe at 242. This event is ridiculous and goofy. Please stop with the preloaded turn meter.

I was trying to figure out the speed of FOO, and like you, he’s outrunning my G11 Resistance Team equipped with top tier speed mods.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Their entire team starts with 100% turn meter. After they all go, with all of their assists, they all still get back to 100% before my team. Tried 5 times now and my guys are all dead before they get a turn.

That’s the issue here. Resistance gets smoked if they don’t go first. Preloaded TM is ridiculous and entirely defeats the purpose of our +100 speed mods.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    Their entire team starts with 100% turn meter. After they all go, with all of their assists, they all still get back to 100% before my team. Tried 5 times now and my guys are all dead before they get a turn.

That’s the issue here. Resistance gets smoked if they don’t go first. Preloaded TM is ridiculous and entirely defeats the purpose of our +100 speed mods.

I use Resistance in Arena and have a good success rate against faster enemy es so long as they don’t have some other gimmick up their sleeve (zeta Maul with Kylo Ren, for example). Most pertinent, I have a good success rate against faster First Order teams. Their damage is spread out, so as long as they don’t take out Poe you’ll be okay.

As to the event, it took me 5 tries (3 with Rey, 2 with R2) and I managed to get it done with my fastest character being Poe, with 170 speed. G11 on Poe, Trooper, and Finn, g9 on R2, and g8 on BB-8.

BB-8 died every time before getting a turn, so basically I did it shorthanded. Try number for I got blasted and retreated. The final attempt had BB-8 die, but other damage was spread out. Finn stunned the Stormtrooper, my Trooper cleared the taunt (omega special), then I stunned Kylo Ren and was able to keep the expose train on its tracks long enough.

Fun battle! Got close with Rey a couple times, normally I use her daze to negate Stormtroopers and Kylo Ren. But with that many debuffs flying around she just won’t cut it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • U have to survive the initial onslaught, there is no going 1st...i beat the 3rd tier twice already, u just have to keep trying...survive, then take out Kylo 1st
  • This event isn’t fun, it’s annoying and makes me turn off the game.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »

@Atlas1 you will eventually get to go tho and if it's a bad round then just retreat til it's optimal. I went through the same thing then got a taunt off and was eventually able to stun their whole team. If the event didn't have them preloaded with high TM, then it would be reverse in our favor.. gotta make people work a littttlle bit for 3 zetas dontcha think?

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I was able to beat it with Finn g10, poe g10, r2 g11, RT g10, bb8 g9. Its not easy, but its doable, especially if you have better mods and gear than I do.
  • Daemoe wrote: »
    Nemman wrote: »
    Daemoe wrote: »
    Trollsbane wrote: »
    Got a response to him, Trollsbane? ‘Cause he’s saying exactly what I was, but you can’t say anything about his team.

I can say plenty! Your Poe is really slow and needs protection mods because he's only gear 8 and I'm sure he's getting murdered. Also, even if he does get a turn he has extremely low potency which makes it difficult to land exposes. If Poe dies then it's basically over.

Second, you didn't list Trooper in your squad. Trooper is key to Resistance squads. When an enemy is exposed he gains 55% turn meter.

There are many other strange mod choices but I'm not trying to do all the work for you. Bottom line the event is very difficult and instead of jumping in the forums and crying about it why don't you just accept that you need to work on your squad, mods, and strategy. The event is fine and I quite enjoyed it.

Well, maybe I don't want to use Poe because he is still weak. The event say "resistance" and we have 7 character with that tag. And I'm not crying. I'm just saying that maybe, just maybe, allow a team with a good speed, 3 zetas, and G11 and G12 a turn isn't a bad thing. If I have to do this event 10 times to get a good rng, this poorly relies on players skill.

Poe and RT are the best resistance characters and if you don’t have them it’s your fault, not a bad designed event.
    Every faction has some top characters and some bad .
    I’m not putting Pao, boadhi roak and scarif in a rebel team and then complain because I lose even if the other 2 are luke and han Solo.

Please stop to cry on the forum and go farm the right character.

I've beaten the event. I still think that the design of this mythic event is not good. Maybe you can accept that people have opinions, and yours have the same value of mine.

Same here. It's all rng
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Wow, I managed to finish it with one star, after many attempts.

My Trooper is G7, so I didn’t use him. Zeta Finn, Rey, Poe, and BB-8 were at G11, and full zeta R2 is G12. It’s really rough surviving long enough to start taking control of the battle, but I was finally able to do it. Poe died quickly. Only Finn and BB-8 survived.

I really feel like I earned those three zetas!
  • You know what I bet'll make the event easier? Wait for it... Jedi Training Rey. =/
  • Really hope this Pieces and Plans mythic event will make frequent returns. LOVE the mod payouts! Hey CG/EA...keep em coming!
  • Beat it also. No zeta on R2 (which the bonus to Protection is clearly... a bonus). The event is a challenge, for sure, but it's HEAVILY rng dependent. BB8 is required, I guess, in the hope they kill him and then maybe a kill a tanky R2.... and then just spread damage out among the other 3. It took three tries - certainly old Rey has no place in this event - her damage output is inconsequential.

Mythic? Sure. Challenge? Sure. But like as an RNG dependent roll of the dice? Not so much fun. Team comp has to be BB8, R2, zFinn lead, Poe, RT. I don't see what hope you have otherwise.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Where even is this event? I don't have Resistance, so I won't be able to play it, but it doesn't even show on my Events page.
    EDIT: Nevermind, found it in the content notes.
  • GP2C12 wrote: »
    The event is not challenging at All. Did it after 3 tries with g9 poe zfinn bb8 trooper g12 r2

Nope not tier 3 w that

Yep. Tier 3 with that.

Takes patience and a lot of retreat/reloading until you actually survive the opening onslaught with lower gear toons but it is very possible.

I beat tier 3 with three stars with zfinn (g8), poe (g8), bb8 (g8), trooper (g7), r2d2 double zeta (g12). Only have 'arena' mods on r2.

You just have to get a run where you dodge/they dont multi attack/they mostly hit r2 until you can get a turn with r2. Then stealth everyone else with smoke screen so they keep attacking r2, then once poe can taunt its very easy. Just remember to avoid fo stormtrooper and kylo if he has a counter up until you stun them with r2/finn.

The extra health from higher gear levels would help, but the only thing that matters is having RNG go your way so you have all toons survived and ready once poe gets to taunt. Once you have a run where that happens, its easy.
  • Yup, beat the event with R2 G12, two G8’s, and two G7’s.

R2, Finn, Poe, Rey, and BB8. Just a RNG battle.

AoE Poe, followed by AoE R2 and repeat until they’re dead.
  • Yotd1076 wrote: »
    U have to survive the initial onslaught, there is no going 1st...i beat the 3rd tier twice already, u just have to keep trying...survive, then take out Kylo 1st

What were the rewards like on the second go? Wondering if may be worth it
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Yotd1076 wrote: »
    U have to survive the initial onslaught, there is no going 1st...i beat the 3rd tier twice already, u just have to keep trying...survive, then take out Kylo 1st

What were the rewards like on the second go? Wondering if may be worth it

Exactly the same minus the zeta achievement.

So if you had 2 goes you got 10 mods instead of 5.
  • Poe 225---R2 233--- BB8 g8 202 (4th time) it was fun. Thanx for 3 zetas :)

Screenshot_2017_12_10_00_06_38_1.png
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Daemoe wrote: »
    I have ZFinn at Gear XI, BB-8 at Gear XII, Rey at gear XI, R2-D2 with two zetas (!!) at gear XII and I can't beat this.

If you play without Poe, you have no chance.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    I used zFinn g11, Rey g11, zR2 g12, Poe g11 (254 sp), and BB-8 g10.

It was interesting playing without trooper. When FOST taunted, I used R2’s burn aoe to hit all the exposed Poe proc’d. That kept my TM up and reset Poe’s cooldown. I had to do that 3 times in a row to win. But basically, my Poe and R2 took out their entire team.
  • Yesac wrote: »

It was interesting playing without trooper. When FOST taunted, I used R2’s burn aoe to hit all the exposed Poe proc’d. That kept my TM up and reset Poe’s cooldown. I had to do that 3 times in a row to win. But basically, my Poe and R2 took out their entire team.

Why no Trooper? I normally use Rey, but took her out for this because there were too many debuffs for her Daze to negate the Stormtrooper. Resistance Trooper's special will break the taunt, and his unique will ensure he'll get a turn pretty quickly once that taunt is up.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Oh man, I feel like the biggest goober but I beat tier 3 first time. I thank my g12 Poe for being tanky enough to survive the initial hits, because he was in the red the entire time after he got to taunt and the expose train started. xD I got two ID off which helped restore some of his protection but didn't even really need it. I didn't even remove FOST's taunt and just kept hitting him to get him out of the way.

My team: g12 Poe, g10 zFinn, g11 RT, g11 zzR2, and the event BB8.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Yesac wrote: »

Why no Trooper? I normally use Rey, but took her out for this because there were too many debuffs for her Daze to negate the Stormtrooper. Resistance Trooper's special will break the taunt, and his unique will ensure he'll get a turn pretty quickly once that taunt is up.

I would normally, but I can get my Rey speed up to 250 and thought that plus her damage output was worth more.

This discussion has been closed.