February speculation (MERGE)

Replies

• Options
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    Gwonk wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea why Finn/Poe were the login for this month? For the last like 6 months the daily login meant something...

I think it’s for an FO legendary :)

I wouldn't get your hopes up. It'll more than likely be Rose and/or Holdo... If they make a FO legendary event then I'll cough some money up for the game

I hate sounding like a broken record because I ve been saying it in sooooo many threads..... but!

If you look at the legendary patterns - FO is next up due to be unlocked by Res.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone have any idea why Finn/Poe were the login for this month? For the last like 6 months the daily login meant something...

I wouldn't get your hopes up. It'll more than likely be Rose and/or Holdo... If they make a FO legendary event then I'll cough some money up for the game

I hate sounding like a broken record because I ve been saying it in sooooo many threads..... but!

If you look at the legendary patterns - FO is next up due to be unlocked by Res.

@Vinny_Vader_Vedi I think you’re right. My guess is Snoke.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »

But first, we’ll have a Rose event and you’ll need her at 7* for Snoke. That would be the ultimate troll.
  • Options

But first, we’ll have a Rose event and you’ll need her at 7* for Snoke. That would be the ultimate troll.

Haha I think it’s snoke too. (Disclaimer - the belief of snoke’s legendary status is not my opinion of him but he fits for a legendary role for FO. Dark horse is hux.)
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »
    Greeboy wrote: »
    They could probably add her sister Paige then add the star fortress bomber with a new pilot and three crew it.

The bomber scene was painful to watch. What were they thinking when they decided to have the bomber slowly creep (that’s what they did!) on top (in space) of the target and drop (in space) their payload :(
    Star Wars isn't a sci-fi movie, where all those points would be 100% accurate and correct.

Star Wars is a WW2 film in space, where everything from that war is 1-for-1 translated to how it would work in space. So those bombers are slow because B-17s were slow (they even had the cool ball turrets B-17s had!) and they dropped their bombs instead of firing torpedoes because accurate missile tech didn't come about until the Cold War.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    But why did the arms dealers design bombers that were less effective than Y-Wings and B-Wings of days past?
  • Options
    capifico22 wrote: »
    But why did the arms dealers design bombers that were less effective than Y-Wings and B-Wings of days past?

I don't know enough about ship types to know for sure. But my guess would be that the quantity and quality of ordinance required to drop a Dreadnaught would be orders of magnitude greater than what those ships could carry. Those ships could only take out a Death Star because of its fatal design flaw, the Dreadnaught doesn't have that and they have to take it out with surface explosions.

I'm just spitballing, mind you. I was too caught up in the movie to care.
  • Options
    I guess I never got caught up in the movie, so all I could think about is why a ship would be that slow in space.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    "Then repeat to yourself it's just a (movie), I should really just relax..."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I guess I never got caught up in the movie, so all I could think about is why a ship would be that slow in space.

That is totally fair and I'm not judging, you like what you like, but for the sake of something to consider--do you ever get bothered about how much noise there is in space in Star Wars?
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Skokolino wrote: »
    I would like to see new raids (G12 gear) (no challenges gear fair amounts etc.), more difficult so we need to bust our behinds to finish it. I understand that pit and aat can't be touched because of beginner players and casual guilds, but that doesn't mean we can't have more harder ones .

New LS and DS TB maps (just maps) no need to tweak anything. Just change planets and theme / chars.

Then, ship hardware and ship raid(s). "Coming soon" is way overdue.

Characters wise we need viable DS team in top arena (paper-rock-scissors concept) so please powerful Revan and Palpatine rework.

Then BH rework, and at least one new BH char (Jango, Hondo) in marquee - as they are required in DS TB. Probably leader with team synergy. Something better than what we have now.

Other reworks that I would like to see : Separatist, Droids, Jedi.

Imho game doesn't need 6* and 7* mods or lvl 90 yet.

****, i should have started this post with Dear Santa ...

We really need more lvl caps... Something to go forward and stuff. 7 dot mods and hopping it's the last mod step.
    What we really need is a challenge part. I mean a really hard part, but the game mechanics and balance doesn't alow something like that.

I mean we all kind of know 6 dot and 7 dot mods will make there way here... but i would be only be behind them if they are like g12 gear pieces. Exclusive to a raid or something.
    Personally I would keep 5 dots and add to some primaries.
  • Options
    I think (and this is pure speculation) we’re looking close to a level cap increase. I have all but 7 characters unlocked, and all but 3 of my characters are level 85. I haven’t spent money on credits or training droids, so if this was done for free then hella paying folks have to be at the cap, too...
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

That is totally fair and I'm not judging, you like what you like, but for the sake of something to consider--do you ever get bothered about how much noise there is in space in Star Wars?

No thanks for ruining everything! j/k

Aren't we due for the what's ahead? The week is almost over.

• kalidor
    2124 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    "Space is big. Really big. You just won’t believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is." -DA
    My take on things is that the ships are really, really far apart and that the bombers are more like small capital ships. As for why they had to be above it, at some point it was mentioned that they had to hit the dreadnaught's weak spot, so the best chance that they'd have would be to release directly over it. But as to why they didn't have guided bombs or missles - well, that would honestly spoil 90% of the space battles in any sci-fi movie. Dogfighting is much cooler B) Cinematography and logic are often at odds with one another.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    There aren’t enough quality DS characters in arena.
  • Options

If you look at the legendary patterns - FO is next up due to be unlocked by Res.[/quote]

I hope you're right I really do because there is no balance in the force. The light side is too powerful in the game as most meta teams are light side. We need snoke now lol
  • Options
    They could probably add her sister Paige then add the star fortress bomber with a new pilot and three crew it.

The bomber scene was painful to watch. What were they thinking when they decided to have the bomber slowly creep (that’s what they did!) on top (in space) of the target and drop (in space) their payload :(

...but more ships, please. Need to fill them platoons with usable ships.

I can't speak to all of this, because of course there are issues with how space is used (why do star destroyers start to 'fall' when they are disabled or destroyed), but as far as the bombs, they are not 'dropped'. This has been explained in a number of places. The bombs are not dropped, they are magnetically propelled to the target. So they are actually being forced out like a slow rail gun, not affected by gravity. As far as why they don't have longer distance weapons, well they do, but shields catch those. I imagine (and it's only my imagination) that they would have to be inside the shielded area to have an effect.
  • Options
    Minowara wrote: »

...but more ships, please. Need to fill them platoons with usable ships.

I can't speak to all of this, because of course there are issues with how space is used (why do star destroyers start to 'fall' when they are disabled or destroyed), but as far as the bombs, they are not 'dropped'. This has been explained in a number of places. The bombs are not dropped, they are magnetically propelled to the target. So they are actually being forced out like a slow rail gun, not affected by gravity. As far as why they don't have longer distance weapons, well they do, but shields catch those. I imagine (and it's only my imagination) that they would have to be inside the shielded area to have an effect.

Nope. When you fall down in space you are...
    Dropping! :D

paige-last-jedi.jpg
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Skokolino wrote: »
    I would like to see new raids (G12 gear) (no challenges gear fair amounts etc.), more difficult so we need to bust our behinds to finish it. I understand that pit and aat can't be touched because of beginner players and casual guilds, but that doesn't mean we can't have more harder ones .

New LS and DS TB maps (just maps) no need to tweak anything. Just change planets and theme / chars.

Then, ship hardware and ship raid(s). "Coming soon" is way overdue.

Characters wise we need viable DS team in top arena (paper-rock-scissors concept) so please powerful Revan and Palpatine rework.

Then BH rework, and at least one new BH char (Jango, Hondo) in marquee - as they are required in DS TB. Probably leader with team synergy. Something better than what we have now.

Other reworks that I would like to see : Separatist, Droids, Jedi.

Imho game doesn't need 6* and 7* mods or lvl 90 yet.

****, i should have started this post with Dear Santa ...

We really need more lvl caps... Something to go forward and stuff. 7 dot mods and hopping it's the last mod step.
    What we really need is a challenge part. I mean a really hard part, but the game mechanics and balance doesn't alow something like that.

I don’t think we need a cap raise. Def not 6/7 dot mods. We need more interesting gameplay. Not just marquee events.
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Options

I think it’ll be the FO BB droid.
  • Options
    Twi wrote: »

Bb9e I’ll take it!
  • Options
    BB-H8 will probably be in the game eventually, but I don't see it as a legendary. That's got marquee or login written all over it.
  • Options
    What about a separatist rework? And a Bronzium pack rework? I'd like those.
  • Options
    Isn't Yoda coming up on the 25th... per the calendar.
  • Options
    Twi wrote: »

Bb9e I’ll take it!

He'll be a direct counter to BB-8 ;-)
  • Options
    We are getting the hot iron Droid for DS.
  • Options
    Jabba
  • Options
    We are getting the hot iron Droid for DS.

I know that was a nod to an old Star Wars spoof movie. But, like so many other scenes, the joke was wasted on most of the audience and didn't need to be included.
  • Options
    Let's have the announcement already! Plenty of subtle hints with Bounty Hunter, Resistance, FO, ships & Pheonix build ups already. Lay it on us!