February speculation (MERGE)

Replies

• Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    capifico22 wrote: »
    I guess I never got caught up in the movie, so all I could think about is why a ship would be that slow in space.
    "Space is big. Really big. You just won’t believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is." -DA
    My take on things is that the ships are really, really far apart and that the bombers are more like small capital ships. As for why they had to be above it, at some point it was mentioned that they had to hit the dreadnaught's weak spot, so the best chance that they'd have would be to release directly over it. But as to why they didn't have guided bombs or missles - well, that would honestly spoil 90% of the space battles in any sci-fi movie. Dogfighting is much cooler B) Cinematography and logic are often at odds with one another.

I think the real overly nitpicking question is why the Empire/FO insist on building ships, walkers, space stations etc with a blatantly obvious weak spot.

Surely if the opposing side can pinpoint a weakness someone on their own side could go "hey guys...um...yeah, about that weak spot that is essentially a self destruct button - maybe we should reinforce that sucker?"
  • Options
    It is holdo. Resistance needed to unlock
  • Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    If they do a Bounty hunter rework and don't bring Bossk into this game it will be a crime.... Yes, he should be released even before Jango....

I bet they will. He’s playable in Battkefront 2, infant the only hero in BF2 not in this game. Plus he made appearances in the clone war cartoon series. I agree though, him and aura should be added bounty hunters.

• Options
    capifico22 wrote: »
    I guess I never got caught up in the movie, so all I could think about is why a ship would be that slow in space.

Read the Rose/Paige book it explains it. It’s pretty good too. The bombers also had shields which didn’t seem to matter in the movie but it allowed them to survive some direct hits in the book. As far as a WW2 type of space issue I’d really disagree. The same extrapolation could be made about every space movie with ships of differing sizes, speeds, and functions.
  • Options
    If you mean a marquee event will be a(big release) than I am playing 2 years and can’t undestand this game.the big release for me will be 3-4 new ships like Anakin,resistance capital ship or first order,a rework in geonosians/Jedi,a new raid or new challenge like a Death Star or starkiller base,the hardware abilities on ships which is a content not available for a year,maybe a rework in requirement in platoons in dark side territory,mythic events in palpa/yoda,omega materials in ships abilities and much more which I am bored of typing.ty!
  • Options
    I just remembered Star Wars Rebels starts back soon. So the last Jedi characters should be coming fast, to then get Star Wars Rebels , then Han Solo movie
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    I’m hoping we get inquisitors from Rebels. And maybe Ruhk. It’d be a good way to flesh out Dark Side/Empire.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    If you mean a marquee event will be a(big release) than I am playing 2 years and can’t undestand this game.the big release for me will be 3-4 new ships like Anakin,resistance capital ship or first order,a rework in geonosians/Jedi,a new raid or new challenge like a Death Star or starkiller base,the hardware abilities on ships which is a content not available for a year,maybe a rework in requirement in platoons in dark side territory,mythic events in palpa/yoda,omega materials in ships abilities and much more which I am bored of typing.ty!

Marquee events aren’t big releases. That’s why this thread is still going. A big content release would be a new game mode, legendary event, etc.
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    New here, first post. Really the one release I want and look forward too is when we'll get Return of The Jedi Luke Skywalker.

@Dr_Valance23 probably the end of 2018, early 2019. We’ll get some more TLJ content first, presumably, then who knows during March/April, then Solo content May/June/July.

Appreciate the heads up.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Naw wrote: »
    Greeboy wrote: »
    They could probably add her sister Paige then add the star fortress bomber with a new pilot and three crew it.

The bomber scene was painful to watch. What were they thinking when they decided to have the bomber slowly creep (that’s what they did!) on top (in space) of the target and drop (in space) their payload :(
    Star Wars isn't a sci-fi movie, where all those points would be 100% accurate and correct.

Star Wars is a WW2 film in space, where everything from that war is 1-for-1 translated to how it would work in space. So those bombers are slow because B-17s were slow (they even had the cool ball turrets B-17s had!) and they dropped their bombs instead of firing torpedoes because accurate missile tech didn't come about until the Cold War.

True, except when they decide to change things to suit the plot.
    For example, a major plot point in tlj was that the smaller cruiser was faster than the bigger star destroyers. In real life, speed is a function of hull length, so the larger ships should actually have been faster (common sense agrees since they have massive engines in the back).
    I’m ok with Star Wars picking its own physics to tell a fun story, the only issue I really have is when they have inconsistent physics.
    Holdo’s sacrifice doesn’t make any sense in the Star Wars universe, because hyperspace is an actual place that ships travel through (taking shortcuts through higher dimensions to travel faster). That’s why the computers have to calculate jumps rather than just point and shoot (ain’t like dusting crops boy...). So entering hyperspace shouldn’t have ended up crashing into other ships, because it goes around them, not through. If it did, the Star Wars universe would be full of hyperspace missiles that tear through enemy fleets quickly, and the first order’s new planet killer would just be a big rock that they attached a hyperdrive to so they could ram it into a planet...
    In contrast, Poe’s attack run against the dreadnaught and the following bombing run were, while displaying wild tactical ineptitude and ship design features on both sides, consistent with Star Wars physics. Also totally excusable because the cinematography was awesome.
  • Options
    Yeah if hyperspace travel worked like that every ship would blow up because space didn't exactly empty. You'd crash through plenty of space debris and asteroids and planets and ships of you went in straight lines across the galaxy
  • Options
    I'd recommend watching the because science channel on YouTube, he talks a lot about these kinds of things. Is quite interesting
  • Options
    Yeah if hyperspace travel worked like that every ship would blow up because space didn't exactly empty. You'd crash through plenty of space debris and asteroids and planets and ships of you went in straight lines across the galaxy

Yeah.... no one would survive a hyperspace jump. Let‘s have a look at the Kessler Syndrome. In fact, a real Problem we face today and in the future. Debris and broken parts of satellites are in orbit around earth. For the sake of the argument I won’t go into detail but:
    A piece of aluminum the size of your fingernail has enough kinetic energy to rip a hole into pretty much anything we can send into space, if it can maintain LEO (low earth orbit)...

Now imagine going hyperspace and there is some space dust.... the faster you travel, the more kinetic energy... (The Holdo maneuver simply makes no sense in Star Wars universe. Not in lore, not in physics, not in combination with all other movies of SW. Everything get bigger, Stardestroyers, Death Stars.... all easy targets if that worked.... you even get around shields in hyperspace : Han Solo proved it on the Starkiller Base, and theoretically slamming the falcon at hyperspace into the weakspot of any superweapon would have destroyed it. The heck, one autopiloted x-wing trades for a Stardestroyer. That‘s a 2000:1 value, if you buy used x-wings. With new ones like 1000:1... still financially and militarily seen quite a bargain you can refuse)
  • Options
    I'm just hoping for a focused QoL update. Take time away from new stuff to fix the old stuff. Fix raid ticket tracking, give us a way to open multiple packs, upgrade gear in challenges, etc.

This guy gets it.
  • Options
    I hoping for a few things but don’t expect them for the next drop of content.

Some more ships/ship commanders (ie GG)
    A new Raid
    Some QoL upgrades (better mod interface would be nice)
    Plus what everyone else is asking for. So not much...
  • Options
    Some real pvp and better balance

No more headless loot/char grind, the game is to much focus on the collector part.
  • Options
    We need a new raid like nobody's business. Address the QOL stuff and make the game fun again. TB and TW take way to long and it is the same linear play we are all used to. The novelty has work off of those for many. Slow down on the new content as MANY people are trying to play catch up on things from months ago.
  • Options
    Cossin wrote: »

Yeah.... no one would survive a hyperspace jump. Let‘s have a look at the Kessler Syndrome. In fact, a real Problem we face today and in the future. Debris and broken parts of satellites are in orbit around earth. For the sake of the argument I won’t go into detail but:
    A piece of aluminum the size of your fingernail has enough kinetic energy to rip a hole into pretty much anything we can send into space, if it can maintain LEO (low earth orbit)...

Now imagine going hyperspace and there is some space dust.... the faster you travel, the more kinetic energy... (The Holdo maneuver simply makes no sense in Star Wars universe. Not in lore, not in physics, not in combination with all other movies of SW. Everything get bigger, Stardestroyers, Death Stars.... all easy targets if that worked.... you even get around shields in hyperspace : Han Solo proved it on the Starkiller Base, and theoretically slamming the falcon at hyperspace into the weakspot of any superweapon would have destroyed it. The heck, one autopiloted x-wing trades for a Stardestroyer. That‘s a 2000:1 value, if you buy used x-wings. With new ones like 1000:1... still financially and militarily seen quite a bargain you can refuse)

Remember the scene in Rogue One with everyone trying to escape Scarif and suddenly Vader's star destroyer appears in hyperspace lane. Let's ignore the velocity of those ships hitting those shields or even the fact it would have hit the ships that just entered hyperspace .
  • Joost
    233 posts Member
    Options
    ewqewqc wrote: »
    we need release of new siths already.
    raven is the best option to swap this disgusting LS meta, along with Palpatine zetas (COME FREAKING ON) and give an alternative that can beat the rebel and resistance teams.

every day we stray further from god.

What to thinknof episode 3 Darth Vader?
    He could have a Heroes Fall or something and be as OP as CLS and RJT
  • Options
    Arotarius wrote: »
    Cossin wrote: »

Remember the scene in Rogue One with everyone trying to escape Scarif and suddenly Vader's star destroyer appears in hyperspace lane. Let's ignore the velocity of those ships hitting those shields or even the fact it would have hit the ships that just entered hyperspace .

Yeah, for whatever reason most ships simply jump and there are a few the are too close and shatter on the shields/hull whatever while a few can evade.... if it worked like it worked in TLJ probably the Devastator would‘ve been blown to smithereens while it itself would probably have destroyed the entire rebel fleet in form of a Stardestroyer sized flak shrapnel blast, shot at lightspeed in the general direction of the space battle...
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    What ever is on its way do you think it will include in game pop-up offers?

df29469647aad760ed625ff05c0d78d7.png
  • Options

Yeah, for whatever reason most ships simply jump and there are a few the are too close and shatter on the shields/hull whatever while a few can evade.... if it worked like it worked in TLJ probably the Devastator would‘ve been blown to smithereens while it itself would probably have destroyed the entire rebel fleet in form of a Stardestroyer sized flak shrapnel blast, shot at lightspeed in the general direction of the space battle...

Take a asteroid, small power source , take a hyperdrive unit out of a x wing and a nav computer and away you go. Now anybody can use a asteroid as a planet killing meteor.

• Options
    You guys need to relax about the plotholes and inconsistencies in Star Wars. Holdo ship ramming that bigger ship is not realistic and creates plot holes. Okay. So what ? The original trilogy was full of incoherent physics and plotholes and now it's considered a sacred relic.
    Nobody's bothered by the physical impossibility of light speed travel or lightsabers and suddenly everyone lose its crap on Holdo's move ?

It's science fiction, get over it.
  • Options
    DrMaggot wrote: »
    You guys need to relax about the plotholes and inconsistencies in Star Wars. Holdo ship ramming that bigger ship is not realistic and creates plot holes. Okay. So what ? The original trilogy was full of incoherent physics and plotholes and now it's considered a sacred relic.
    Nobody's bothered by the physical impossibility of light speed travel or lightsabers and suddenly everyone lose its **** on Holdo's move ?

Shouldn’t the thread be named next bugged content release?

The Devs aren’t answering QoL updates so arguing JJ and RJ plot holes is amusing. At least plot holes aren’t locked behind 2 year Marquee events.
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Commander Luke Skywalker X-Wing. Hermit Yoda required to unlock :D
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Nobody's bothered by the physical impossibility of light speed travel or lightsabers and suddenly everyone lose its **** on Holdo's move ?

Star Wars is not science fiction. It's fantasy/adventure, like Lord of the Rings.

And you get over getting people that like to over think it. :D

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    I just want units there were powerful once to be updated ... like come on serious Darth Vadar is the most powerful with ... and he sucks in this game ... not to mention EP and other DS ... HK 88 etc ...
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Naw wrote: »
    Greeboy wrote: »
    They could probably add her sister Paige then add the star fortress bomber with a new pilot and three crew it.

The bomber scene was painful to watch. What were they thinking when they decided to have the bomber slowly creep (that’s what they did!) on top (in space) of the target and drop (in space) their payload :(
    Star Wars isn't a sci-fi movie, where all those points would be 100% accurate and correct.

Star Wars is a WW2 film in space, where everything from that war is 1-for-1 translated to how it would work in space. So those bombers are slow because B-17s were slow (they even had the cool ball turrets B-17s had!) and they dropped their bombs instead of firing torpedoes because accurate missile tech didn't come about until the Cold War.

True, except when they decide to change things to suit the plot.
    For example, a major plot point in tlj was that the smaller cruiser was faster than the bigger star destroyers. In real life, speed is a function of hull length, so the larger ships should actually have been faster (common sense agrees since they have massive engines in the back).
    I’m ok with Star Wars picking its own physics to tell a fun story, the only issue I really have is when they have inconsistent physics.
    Holdo’s sacrifice doesn’t make any sense in the Star Wars universe, because hyperspace is an actual place that ships travel through (taking shortcuts through higher dimensions to travel faster). That’s why the computers have to calculate jumps rather than just point and shoot (ain’t like dusting crops boy...). So entering hyperspace shouldn’t have ended up crashing into other ships, because it goes around them, not through. If it did, the Star Wars universe would be full of hyperspace missiles that tear through enemy fleets quickly, and the first order’s new planet killer would just be a big rock that they attached a hyperdrive to so they could ram it into a planet...
    In contrast, Poe’s attack run against the dreadnaught and the following bombing run were, while displaying wild tactical ineptitude and ship design features on both sides, consistent with Star Wars physics. Also totally excusable because the cinematography was awesome.

I looked at it like this - on the way to actually jumping up into hyperspace, you're still PARTIALLY in real space. Not for long, and moving at an abnormally fast pace, but still enough there that if anything that solid actually did get in the way?

Then again, I like to remind myself that they're just movies and I really should just relax.
  • Options
    Mayhem wrote: »
    I’d really like to see an Order 66 Darth Vader, hood up, be cool to have a force choke stun like KRUs Halt

Yea, by the way, i'm not a physicist, yet i heard that stuff in the space have not weight at all, you could push it too