February speculation (MERGE)

Replies

• Options
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    Everybody keeps saying that's a quote from Palpatine, but it isn't - he was still Darth Sidious when he said that.

He was always Palpatine
  • Options
    Y’all know how the devs are with the what’s ahead hints. They’re probably talking about a palp reworkand if unnatural is highlighted it could be a play at a droid rework, specifically Grievous/Separatist droids who aren’t natural beings. That’s probably just me overthinking things though
  • Options
    Atrreyu wrote: »
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Would rather have Revan

Many of us agree with you friend.

Most people only watch the films and have no idea who Revan is.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon when we will have news about this new "content" ? :smiley:
  • Options
    thomssi wrote: »
    Would rather have Revan

Play Kotor or Star Wars The Old Republic and you will know most of the thing's ;)
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    EPEKKA wrote: »
    I'm guessing sepritist-era republic sith rework, darth plagus, palp before episode 4, and MAYBE...
    supreme leader snoke!

Why the spoiler tag? Snoke was in TFA...

Only as a hologram, it could have been fake or something
  • Options
    Y’all know how the devs are with the what’s ahead hints. They’re probably talking about a palp reworkand if unnatural is highlighted it could be a play at a droid rework, specifically Grievous/Separatist droids who aren’t natural beings. That’s probably just me overthinking things though

Darth Vader has some unnatural elements too?
  • Options
    Enerdrizer wrote: »
    Everybody keeps saying that's a quote from Palpatine, but it isn't - he was still Darth Sidious when he said that.

He was always Palpatine

He wasn't EMPEROR Palpatine yet, but yeah he was still Palpatine. He was Sheev Palpatine before he was ever Sidious. The guy that said otherwise is wrong, although I wouldn't be surprised if both Sidious and Papa Palps got updates.
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »

Darth Vader has some unnatural elements too?

Like surviving massive burns and subsequently being almost more machine than man? I would say yes.
    Although when it comes to unnatural, nothing beats Darth Sion.
  • Options
    Enerdrizer wrote: »

He was always Palpatine

He wasn't EMPEROR Palpatine yet, but yeah he was still Palpatine. He was Sheev Palpatine before he was ever Sidious. The guy that said otherwise is wrong, although I wouldn't be surprised if both Sidious and Papa Palps got updates.

It would only make sense if they did update them
  • Options
    Dagon wrote: »
    Would rather have Revan

Play Kotor or Star Wars The Old Republic and you will know most of the thing's ;)

Um, that doesn't change the fact most people don't know or care who he is. I know who he is. I just don't care. The EU was pretty worthless.
  • Options
    Now I think we get Darth Sion as well as reworks... last Feb we had the Lord of Hunger event... this time we get a Lord of Pain event
  • Options
    Apart from Emperor Palpatine or a possible Chancellor Palpatine, I'm thinking of ground vehicles right now
  • Options
    Chagoth wrote: »
    Would rather have Revan

Um, that doesn't change the fact most people don't know or care who he is. I know who he is. I just don't care. The EU was pretty worthless.

The books were a mess, but the KOTOR games are great. The reasoning why they aren't included in official canon has probably more to do with some inconsistencies between them and TOR, otherwise I don't see any reason why they were cut. Well, aside from Disney having their own plans with the era, but we have seen nothing so far.
  • Options
    CorgiWolf wrote: »
    Chagoth wrote: »
    Would rather have Revan

The books were a mess, but the KOTOR games are great. The reasoning why they aren't included in official canon has probably more to do with some inconsistencies between them and TOR, otherwise I don't see any reason why they were cut. Well, aside from Disney having their own plans with the era, but we have seen nothing so far.

And we are not counting with Star Wars: The Old Republic characters, such as Master Satele Chan or Darth Malgus
  • Options
    Assuming it's not Plagueis, which would be the logical assumption if we'd ever actually seen him, here's another idea that's more Meta.

Does anybody remember before TLJ, all the chatter about Snoke being Plagueis? Perhaps the hint refers to Snoke, and Snoke alone, because of the massive can theories about him being Plagueis. And perhaps unnatural is highlighted in the hint because the rumors were proven unfounded.
  • Options
    Cool so two halfs of a supreme leader...
  • Options
    JijackCana wrote: »
    Cool so two halfs of a supreme leader...

Goes well with two halves of his capital ship, too.
  • Options
    It's pretty obvious that It is a rework of EP With a possibility of Vader get attention too. ED is always around Yoda event
  • Options
    Will I get in trouble if I post the entire tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise in this post?
  • Options
    Even the Porgs are more important than Holdo and Rose :D

Holdo ended up with an important role but Rose was just, just awful...
  • Options
    No way!
    You will get in no trouble.
  • Options
    Will I get in trouble if I post the entire tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise in this post?

Do it.
  • Options
    JijackCana wrote: »

Do it.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?
    I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic, he could save others from death, but not himself.

Side note: Moderators, the people demanded it!
  • Options
    He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

We're getting padme!!! And quadraplegic anakin!
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Franimus wrote: »
    He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Actually it'd be quadramputee Anakin, -plegia implies the limb is unmoveable but still there.

Vader rework to Mythic is likely.
    EP finally getting Zetas is likely.
    A new Sith Lord or Dark Sider is possible.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Franimus wrote: »

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one!
  • Options
    Could that be Darth Plagueis, Darth Anakin or Chancellor Palpatine ?

I'm thinking darth plagueis is quite accurate. especially considering the chancellor is talking about his former master darth plagueis in this scene.
  • Options
    The key word here is unnatural. It would be unnatural for the devs to give us toons we actually want. Therefore it's obvious that jango and Jabba are coming next.

yes, Jabba! SLUG POWER!!!!
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Options
    Gotta love that the devs knew holdo and rose won't be popular so they threw in palp quote, handled well ImHO

Good job my dudes