February speculation (MERGE)

Replies

• TVF
    36610 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I like Hux. I enjoy his over-the-topness. I enjoy how he and Kylo fight for Daddy Snoke's love. I don't know, I think he's a fun character. I'm old enough that I don't care about "badass" characters only anymore lol.

I won't be upset if he never sees this game though. I don't actually care that much.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Oh good. A merged thread. Really helpful to read through these frankenstein creations.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I like Hux. I enjoy his over-the-topness. I enjoy how he and Kylo fight for Daddy Snoke's love. I don't know, I think he's a fun character. I'm old enough that I don't care about "badass" characters only anymore lol.

I won't be upset if he never sees this game though. I don't actually care that much.

Ok that makes sense. He did have a nice comedic / light-hearted aspect to him. Thanks for the response.
  • Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Yea exactly what everyone wants. Horrible characters from TLJ. Barf.

No one said everyone but no one said no one.

Basically, speak for yourself. I want two more Res characters for my two Res teams.

Also I'd like Snoke and Hux.

Hux? Seriously? The emo Ron Weasley that was the laughing stock of the last movie? Yea he was such a badass character.

Ok, your dislike is noted. Thanks.

Some kind of justification for Hux would be interesting - I just don't see anything there that would be desirable to have as a toon, but maybe I'm missing something. Is he already desirable in a joke-like way similar to how many would want Jar Jar? He's almost like they took Dark Helmet's character from Space Balls and actually put it in a SW movie. That's what I get from the character, but what are you finding appealing? Not trying to debate, but just genuinely intrigued to hear a different view.

Because he was right. He led his army capably and managed his fleet well, he dogged after the Resistance and prevented their escape without throwing away his own ships needlessly. He's craven and he's going to survive whatever change in the political winds there might be, but he was right and he was good at his job as well.

Don't be sad-sad because he wasn't a boring, generic military villain.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    It will be new movie stuff...Im guessing Rose, Paige, Hodo, Resistance Bomber and the Radus are coming and you'll need the new FO stuff (unmasked Kylo, Etc) to unlock some of it

I’m trying to forget about how horrible Rose and Hodo were... I hope to god we don’t have to deal with them in game anytime soon.

Honestly I don’t know who “Paige” even is... sad some of the characters were so dull that they made literally no imprint on my memory at all lol.

• Yusef
    42 posts Member
    Options
    In my opinon some characters that are bad such as mace windu,cup, chewbacca, and mob enforcer do not nessecarily need a rework. Not everyone character is suppouses to godly or overpowered. I think that CG and EA should give more synergy and make them super strong at some things but not as good as others. For instace, instead of reworking mace windu's entire kit and giving a taunt ability, givi ng great potentcy so he can exspose people
  • Options
    It will be new movie stuff...Im guessing Rose, Paige, Hodo, Resistance Bomber and the Radus are coming and you'll need the new FO stuff (unmasked Kylo, Etc) to unlock some of it

I’m trying to forget about how horrible Rose and Hodo were... I hope to god we don’t have to deal with them in game anytime soon.

Honestly I don’t know who “Paige” even is... sad some of the characters were so dull that they made literally no imprint on my memory at all lol.

Paige is Rose’s sister and they are the main characters in a prequel book that literally takes place just before TLJ. In fact lots of stuff in the movie makes sense only because of the book.... otherwise it’s just extraneous or “who cares stuff”. It’s an easy read and not bad.
  • Options
    I’m guessing we’ll get a bounty hunter pass, because they gave bounty hunters a special place in the dark side tw. They can add DJ to tie into the new movie, while adding a couple missing favorites, and probably slap some zetas on the old ones.
  • Options
    You think DJ is a
    Omeah wrote: »
    Sza_Bo wrote: »
    I’m guessing we’ll get a bounty hunter pass, because they gave bounty hunters a special place in the dark side tw. They can add DJ to tie into the new movie, while adding a couple missing favorites, and probably slap some zetas on the old ones.

DJ is not a BH

Scoundrel?
  • Options
    He is a Scoundrel, not a BH
  • Options

DJ is not a BH
    He got the bounty for Rose and Finn?But yea, most likely just some scoundrel dude :)
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

DJ is not a BH
    He got the bounty for Rose and Finn?But yea, most likely just some scoundrel dude :)
    Was there actually a bounty placed on them though? Fo couldn't have known that it was them that ran off. He just received a reward for two resistance scumlings that he sold out.
  • Options

Basically, speak for yourself. I want two more Res characters for my two Res teams.

Hux? Seriously? The emo Ron Weasley that was the laughing stock of the last movie? Yea he was such a badass character.

Some kind of justification for Hux would be interesting - I just don't see anything there that would be desirable to have as a toon, but maybe I'm missing something. Is he already desirable in a joke-like way similar to how many would want Jar Jar? He's almost like they took Dark Helmet's character from Space Balls and actually put it in a SW movie. That's what I get from the character, but what are you finding appealing? Not trying to debate, but just genuinely intrigued to hear a different view.

I like Hux as well. I believe he is way more than what meets the eye. If you put TLJ in context with Rian‘s other works, and the subtle (or rather slapped in your face, which for whatever reason a lot people didn‘t get but took as presented) message of the film, it is clear what I am aiming at.
    Additionally, did you realize for example, that when when Snoke talks about
    the benefits of keeping a rabid cur at his side. He is not talking about Hux? During the hunting he has proven to be -whether it makes much sense- be more of a tactician as well. Thinking things through. Instead of simply sending Tie squadrons in and loosing people, he tried to minimize losses.
    Even Snoke, after initially wanting to punish him for loosing the artillery dreadnought kind of praised him and approved his tactic.
    After Snoke‘s demise, he points his weapon at Kylo and decides not to shoot him. His „rival“...
    When Kylo wants to fight Luke, he is the one trying to hold back the rabid cur and is being force thrown into the wall.
    Hux is a good and reasonable commander, who seems to take risks when necessary and avoids them, when necessary.
    At least that‘s my impression of him, although he got included in comical scenes on purpose to make us believe he‘s a clown.
    Remember we have been told MANY times in the movie and the movie‘s messages, that not everything is as it seems and that there are deception, manipulation and diversions everywhere throughout the film!

So, looking at him from TFA and TLJ standpoint, I like Hux and want him as well. First and foremost as capital ship commander of a resurgent-class star destroyer. He makes most sense as a fleetcommander as he in fact IS in both movies and I ponder what kind of toon he‘d get. I can actually imagine a R2 like support toon with buffs for FO-teams. Inspirational speeches as cherry on top XD

• JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Because he was right. He led his army capably and managed his fleet well, he dogged after the Resistance and prevented their escape without throwing away his own ships needlessly. He's craven and he's going to survive whatever change in the political winds there might be, but he was right and he was good at his job as well.

Don't be sad-sad because he wasn't a boring, generic military villain.

Wow I guess people can see what they want in anything. I didn't want a debate or argument about opinions because there's no end, but since you're kinda being edgy about it....
    The guy was an imb*cile and in no way in the movie did he manage his fleet well. He let Poe stall him and blow up a dreadnaught with a joke...and then had to be told he was being fooled by a generic officer despite Poe calling him General "Hugs" over and over....I went in with no expectations good or bad for this guy, so I wasn't "sad-sad" about anything. This has nothing to do with needing to be a typical villain...that's just massive incompetence. The movie led off with him being made a blatant fool and it cost his fleet a major ship and lives as well.

He doesn't really redeem himself in any notable way the rest of the movie and in fact the director continued to double-down on him being a weak whipping boy. Sure he must have done some good stuff offscreen to get in his position during the time between films, but on screen in TLJ he's a ninny. And again, not just because he physically gets thrown around by stronger characters, but also he is badly outwitted. He actually made me think he was the benefactor of the Peter Principle at work in space, because he seemed wholly incompetent at his job.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Cossin wrote: »

I like Hux as well. I believe he is way more than what meets the eye. If you put TLJ in context with Rian‘s other works, and the subtle (or rather slapped in your face, which for whatever reason a lot people didn‘t get but took as presented) message of the film, it is clear what I am aiming at.
    the benefits of keeping a rabid cur at his side. He is not talking about Hux? During the hunting he has proven to be -whether it makes much sense- be more of a tactician as well. Thinking things through. Instead of simply sending Tie squadrons in and loosing people, he tried to minimize losses.
    Even Snoke, after initially wanting to punish him for loosing the artillery dreadnought kind of praised him and approved his tactic.
    After Snoke‘s demise, he points his weapon at Kylo and decides not to shoot him. His „rival“...
    When Kylo wants to fight Luke, he is the one trying to hold back the rabid cur and is being force thrown into the wall.
    Hux is a good and reasonable commander, who seems to take risks when necessary and avoids them, when necessary.
    At least that‘s my impression of him, although he got included in comical scenes on purpose to make us believe he‘s a clown.
    Remember we have been told MANY times in the movie and the movie‘s messages, that not everything is as it seems and that there are deception, manipulation and diversions everywhere throughout the film!

So, looking at him from TFA and TLJ standpoint, I like Hux and want him as well. First and foremost as capital ship commander of a resurgent-class star destroyer. He makes most sense as a fleetcommander as he in fact IS in both movies and I ponder what kind of toon he‘d get. I can actually imagine a R2 like support toon with buffs for FO-teams. Inspirational speeches as cherry on top XD

I'm a darkside player here in GoH - I prefer their kits and how they play with debuffs and control, etc. I'd love to be on team FO / darkside, but ....
    Sadly to me - the movie made the FO characters pretty lame. Snoke ended up being a pretty big joke and disappointment getting killed so fast and with no development at all. Kill him to further the story of Kylo and his journey - totally understand - but he was waxed so unceremoniously it was extremely anti-climactic. I didn't expect him to die in this movie at all, so death at any stage would have been a shock and big switch from expectations...this style of death though was just disappointing. You couldn't have found a player that wanted Snoke more than me prior to seeing the movie...but having him here would just remind me of how lame his character was in the story. Hux was made to be a fool by Poe's stall joke that was morphing in to a your mama joke at the end...so ... just have zero interest in either of these guys now. Note that I did like TLJ so I'm not a TLJ hater - I liked that it was different from prior SW and wasn't straight out of the can and formulaic..but these two characters really got the short end of the stick IMO.

EDIT: And they did the same to Captain Phasma....surprising as she actually has a full novel about her, but they just canned her with hardly any respect at all. Again I liked TLJ as a whole for it's overall story and different take, but they really did just toss nearly all the major FO characters in trash can in this movie. I think after watching the movie, the FO characters I have the most respect and desire for now are the Praetorian Guards. The rest of the movie just made me wonder how such a sad sack of villains could even have gotten to the point of being dominant over the galaxy. SW needs to start showing the villains at their peaks because the "off screen" competency and "on screen" incompetency they always portray is so drastic... LTJ in particular was pretty drastic depiction relative to the OT or prequels.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Were you a big Bistan fan? "Memorable" doesn't really seem to be a factor in who gets introduced to this game.
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    Options

I'm a darkside player here in GoH - I prefer their kits and how they play with debuffs and control, etc. I'd love to be on team FO / darkside, but ....
    Sadly to me - the movie made the FO characters pretty lame. Snoke ended up being a pretty big joke and disappointment getting killed so fast and with no development at all. Kill him to further the story of Kylo and his journey - totally understand - but he was waxed so unceremoniously it was extremely anti-climactic. I didn't expect him to die in this movie at all, so death at any stage would have been a shock and big switch from expectations...this style of death though was just disappointing. You couldn't have found a player that wanted Snoke more than me prior to seeing the movie...but having him here would just remind me of how lame his character was in the story. Hux was made to be a fool by Poe's stall joke that was morphing in to a your mama joke at the end...so ... just have zero interest in either of these guys now. Note that I did like TLJ so I'm not a TLJ hater - I liked that it was different from prior SW and wasn't straight out of the can and formulaic..but these two characters really got the short end of the stick IMO.

EDIT: And they did the same to Captain Phasma....surprising as she actually has a full novel about her, but they just canned her with hardly any respect at all. Again I liked TLJ as a whole for it's overall story and different take, but they really did just toss nearly all the major FO characters in trash can in this movie. I think after watching the movie, the FO characters I have the most respect and desire for now are the Praetorian Guards. The rest of the movie just made me wonder how such a sad sack of villains could even have gotten to the point of being dominant over the galaxy. SW needs to start showing the villains at their peaks because the "off screen" competency and "on screen" incompetency they always portray is so drastic... LTJ in particular was pretty drastic depiction relative to the OT or prequels.

Well, you see that they switched the roles of Rebels and Empire in Resistance and First Order, do you? While the Empire had debuffs and Rebels had buffs, they made an 180° on that with Resistance and First Order, thus I strongly believe that Hux wouldn‘t be the debuff type.

While there is truth behind what you say in relation to the movie as is, I expect massive reveals in Ep IX, and here is why:
    There are so many comments from Rian that make so much more sense if we do not take TLJ at face value.
    Snoke‘s most likely not dead. Throughout the film he shows how much more powerful of a force user he is than any other character we‘ve got to know so far and he keeps talking about his plans, manipulations and deceitfulness.
    It‘s like they slapped us in the face with his op-ness, then slapped us in the face with his truly anti-climatic 'death'.

Why he‘s not dead you‘d might ask:
    -deception
    -super powerful
    -very old (if he was to die so easily he wouldn’t have gotten that old)
    -introduction of force projection <— and this is the major point

Compare TFA Snoke with TLJ Snoke. They actually look different. TLJ Snoke looks younger, less shriveled and even has fewer scars/less deep scars. You know who else looked quite younger? Luke.
    Snoke might not even look like Snoke. Apparently you can alter your whole look when projecting. Maybe Snoke is actually of the same species as Yoda? Maybe Hux is actually Snoke and pretends to be the fool? (Okay given the last ones are pure speculation and quite a stretch. Yet, the differences in style are more than 'mistakes', they are way too apparent.)
    Also, similar to Luke, Snoke has never been touched, nor did he touch someone. Iirc, he even stopped slightly before touching Rey‘s chin. I‘m pretty sure a powerful being like him can fake to be halved by a lightsaber/lightsword as well.
    Maybe he orchestrated it so, that a new Sith is born (Kylo). Kylo as apprentice kills his master the same way Siths usually did since the rule of two.
    That would make Kylo a new Sith, while Rey with the books would be a new Jedi... who knows

The whole movie's plot was, nothing is as it seems. Luke, Snoke, Rey‘s parents (Kylo is right, but wrong as well with the dead Junkers), Leia's death. Everything has been turned, twisted in unexpected ways. Heck, even if it is the one that annoys me most, Holdo jumping with the Raddus into the Supremacy wasn‘t what was expected -or wanted as it leads to question why the rebels as desperate as they have been, not simply autopiloted ships into the death stars or super dreadnaughts like the Executor...

For what reason Snoke played Resistance and First Order alike, we can only speculate. Maybe he belongs to a third faction and wants to get rid of both? Maybe he is the Prime Jedi and tries to bring balance by getting rid of extremist dark and light factions?
    But it would be the de facto worst movie ever created, if proven otherwise (from plot to mere depiction of characters, which I doubt happened. I rather think we just haven‘t seen the full picture)
    I additionally do not believe that Phasma died. We thought she died in TFA, she didn‘t.
    We expect her to die a fiery death in TLJ, I assume she didn‘t. She might be disfigured and blind on one eye, but I doubt she is dead.

I personally think TLJ was the worst film in the Star Wars franchise even counting the Ewok Christmas specials!
    Yet, depending on Episode IX it could turn into a, not so straight forward film after film, new step into a new generation of Star Wars storytelling. Which would still make for a bad ep 8 but an awesome combination of ep8&9 that need to be regarded as belonging together as coherent story.

That‘s my 2cents. Well, we‘ll see after Ep IX whether Star Wars went down the drain or not...
  • Options

Characterization in the films aside, it would be nice to have more variety of characters and abilities in FO and in the dark side in general. We also need an FO fleet commander, and I think Hux would be the obvious fit for that role. Hux is one of just four named First Order characters. Seems like we should have at least all four of them.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

Were you a big Bistan fan? "Memorable" doesn't really seem to be a factor in who gets introduced to this game.

Well, Paige is memorable probably, but they didn't give her a name in the memorable moment.
  • Options
    Let it stay quiet for a bit. Some of us are still catching up!
  • Options

Well, you see that they switched the roles of Rebels and Empire in Resistance and First Order, do you? While the Empire had debuffs and Rebels had buffs, they made an 180° on that with Resistance and First Order, thus I strongly believe that Hux wouldn‘t be the debuff type.

While there is truth behind what you say in relation to the movie as is, I expect massive reveals in Ep IX, and here is why:
    There are so many comments from Rian that make so much more sense if we do not take TLJ at face value.
    Snoke‘s most likely not dead. Throughout the film he shows how much more powerful of a force user he is than any other character we‘ve got to know so far and he keeps talking about his plans, manipulations and deceitfulness.
    It‘s like they slapped us in the face with his op-ness, then slapped us in the face with his truly anti-climatic 'death'.

Why he‘s not dead you‘d might ask:
    -deception
    -super powerful
    -very old (if he was to die so easily he wouldn’t have gotten that old)
    -introduction of force projection <— and this is the major point

Compare TFA Snoke with TLJ Snoke. They actually look different. TLJ Snoke looks younger, less shriveled and even has fewer scars/less deep scars. You know who else looked quite younger? Luke.
    Snoke might not even look like Snoke. Apparently you can alter your whole look when projecting. Maybe Snoke is actually of the same species as Yoda? Maybe Hux is actually Snoke and pretends to be the fool? (Okay given the last ones are pure speculation and quite a stretch. Yet, the differences in style are more than 'mistakes', they are way too apparent.)
    Also, similar to Luke, Snoke has never been touched, nor did he touch someone. Iirc, he even stopped slightly before touching Rey‘s chin. I‘m pretty sure a powerful being like him can fake to be halved by a lightsaber/lightsword as well.
    Maybe he orchestrated it so, that a new Sith is born (Kylo). Kylo as apprentice kills his master the same way Siths usually did since the rule of two.
    That would make Kylo a new Sith, while Rey with the books would be a new Jedi... who knows

The whole movie's plot was, nothing is as it seems. Luke, Snoke, Rey‘s parents (Kylo is right, but wrong as well with the dead Junkers), Leia's death. Everything has been turned, twisted in unexpected ways. Heck, even if it is the one that annoys me most, Holdo jumping with the Raddus into the Supremacy wasn‘t what was expected -or wanted as it leads to question why the rebels as desperate as they have been, not simply autopiloted ships into the death stars or super dreadnaughts like the Executor...

For what reason Snoke played Resistance and First Order alike, we can only speculate. Maybe he belongs to a third faction and wants to get rid of both? Maybe he is the Prime Jedi and tries to bring balance by getting rid of extremist dark and light factions?
    But it would be the de facto worst movie ever created, if proven otherwise (from plot to mere depiction of characters, which I doubt happened. I rather think we just haven‘t seen the full picture)
    I additionally do not believe that Phasma died. We thought she died in TFA, she didn‘t.
    We expect her to die a fiery death in TLJ, I assume she didn‘t. She might be disfigured and blind on one eye, but I doubt she is dead.

I personally think TLJ was the worst film in the Star Wars franchise even counting the Ewok Christmas specials!
    Yet, depending on Episode IX it could turn into a, not so straight forward film after film, new step into a new generation of Star Wars storytelling. Which would still make for a bad ep 8 but an awesome combination of ep8&9 that need to be regarded as belonging together as coherent story.

That‘s my 2cents. Well, we‘ll see after Ep IX whether Star Wars went down the drain or not...

This stuff could all happen - who knows - but my thought there is I liked TLJ because of the unexpected plot twists and unconventional take ... I fully expected it to be a formulaic film and it wasn't at all. If all that ends up just being a psych-out / head-fake and it gets right back to the formula and everyone is back I'm not sure what purpose TLJ served. My suspicion is that this was disjointed and threw water on many plot lines from TFA simply because it was directed by 2 different people and there was no true full trilogy plan in place. The comments from Rian about the story really don't mean much since he's not directing EP9 - it's back to JJ. Take in to account the originally planned director for EP9 is no longer with Disney and the issues they've had with the Solo movie having a direction and I think it's equally as likely that this was all hastily rushed by Disney to push out movies and cash in on their huge investment purchasing the franchise. Maybe it all wraps up great in EP9, but at this point TFA and TLJ seem to be independent movies that are parts of different stories (I actually enjoyed both of them for very different reasons). Rian clearly hit the reset button on TFA and in greater part the legacy of the franchise. It's a clean slate now - if that's the way JJ wants to take it to wrap up this trilogy.
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I guess people like him cause hes over the top and over acting on purpose. Watch any Disney princess movie and the villian is always similar to Hux. He even rolls his R's for kittensake haha
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
  • Options

All 3 of those characters are terrible and I hope they never make their way into the game. That's all we need are 3 more boring rebels
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    For the Resistance, I want the Blue Leader and her A-Wing in the game just because an A-Wing would be nice and help round out the Resistance Fleet.

Capital Ship wise, it would make sense for Organa or Holdo to get the Raddus.
  • Options

All 3 of those characters are terrible and I hope they never make their way into the game. That's all we need are 3 more boring rebels

That's just your opinion, you know. I personally liked each one of them. And secondly, they're Resistance, not Rebels.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    I hope for a Grievous rework ^^

I hope for a Separatist faction pass - including a GG rework and making him fleet commander for the CIS faction in his Malevolence ship.

New toons could include: B1 (Roger), Droideka and maybe...Jango?

New ships: Dooku's Solar Sailor, Ventress' Ginivex-class fighter, Vulture Droid, Hyena Bomber, Tri Fighter

This faction needs some serious work to bring up to par - we already have loads of LS ships as well as 2 capital ships for 2 different factions (Rebels and Republic)

DS has fewer ships (especially as Tie Silencer and FOSF Tie Fighter are not easily available). We also have 2 capital ships for DS - but belong to only one faction - Empire

We need to build up the 6 factions for the franchise properly in ships:

Rebels & Empire (both have fleet commanders)

Republic & CIS (only Republic has fleet commander, CIS none)

FO & Resistance (neither faction has fleet commander)

This would also make TW more strategic and diverse when dealing with fleet battle territories.

yes i wish this would happen
  • Options

as much as i wouldn't mind this happening, i have to say no. Separatist need to have something done first, the only faction in the games with 0 synergy. the tuskins have more synergy then them.
  • TheChampionBum
    340 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

as much as i wouldn't mind this happening, i have to say no. Separatist need to have something done first, the only faction in the games with 0 synergy. the tuskins have more synergy then them.

Not completely true. Poggle gives Geonosians 30% offense when his leader ability is maxed out. When Geo Soldier calls his assist special and if it calls a Geonosian, they both do increased damage. GeoSol also gives his Geo pals a whopping 9% crit chance. GeoSpy gets 70% turn meter whenever a Geo ally causes a debuff. That's all I can think of right now off the top of my head.

Edit: Still though, they need a rework badly. I've been itching to use my General Grievous to dominate the Arena since I unlocked him almost a year ago.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    My personal opinion, I used to enjoy new character releases. However the new TB Platoon plans of including every non farmable character has ruined new releases for me personally. Now its just something to dread as it will further ruin platoons for another 3-6 months.