Sith Marauder ability WAI??

Replies

• Options
    They actually distinguish between basic abilities and special abilities (and unique and leadership abilities too), so of course a basic ability is an ability. But using an ability here doesn't include the two in parentheses, because you don't use those. They just happen. The only abilities that you use in this sense are basics and specials.
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Elebrind wrote: »
    "Basics" are basic abilities, hence using ability mats to level them.

Would you co
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Basic abilities are abilities, as defined by the game. The abilities that have cooldowns are *special* abilities.

I did not see it this way as the debuff "ability block" prevent the use of abilities.

It seems as though this ability just needs a simple rewording to fix the confusion.

@CG_Kozispoon we post here because we love and care about the game. We wouldnt bring stuff up if we didnt care. Keep up the good work.

Bringing up stuff is fine! We love and care about the game just as much as our fellow Holotable heroes.

While the wording may not be what some prefer, it is correct.

So that includes unique abilities used out of turn too?

"When an enemy uses an ability outside of their turn"

This is definitely curious. Does Zarriss healing count as "using an ability"? Does Rex's lead count as "using an ability"? My guess would be no, but there's definitely contradicting evidence around this.

This is why i suggested using "acts outside of turn". The new phrase would mean that all actions would give TM. Passive abilties, (which are not actions) would not.

But as it is worded now it us still ambiguous, which i am sure, none of us want.
  • Options
    It was clarified by Kozi when the character kit was shown. Marauder will gain tm on assists and counter attacks, but not on uniques.

Now, it doesn't say it specifically in the skill description, and I agree that it's confusing at the least, but it has been clarified, and quickly for once.
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »
    It was clarified by Kozi when the character kit was shown. Marauder will gain tm on assists and counter attacks, but not on uniques.

Now, it doesn't say it specifically in the skill description, and I agree that it's confusing at the least, but it has been clarified, and quickly for once.

Where was it clarified about uniques??
  • Options
    @Dark_Helmet152

5. Take a screenshot and upload it
    6. Show that you were right all along
    7. Profit
    leef wrote: »
    2mnnjnq.jpg

And boom goes the dynamite
  • Options
    @Dark_Helmet152

5. Take a screenshot and upload it
    6. Show that you were right all along
    7. Profit
    2mnnjnq.jpg

And boom goes the dynamite

How does this prove your point? I do not understand. @Dark_Helmet152

• Options
    Why wont Marauder gain turn meter on unique/leader/passive abilities used outside of turn?

It was clear from the beginning that Marauder would gain TM from these abilities. The confusion was with basic attacks.
  • Options
    So even though there's a dev comment doesn't really clear thing up. So what does cause TM gain?
  • Options
    TM gain for every counter attack, and for everyone that assists.
  • Options

Now its attacks? I thought it was every ability use, not just attack. Wouldn't that cover passive and uniques?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Now its attacks? I thought it was every ability use, not just attack. Wouldn't that cover passive and uniques?

It never has before, AFAIK. As mentioned, you aren't "using" a passive, it's just there.
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »

Where was it clarified about uniques??

Check out the second post by Kozi right where I said it'd be - under character strategy.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/157527/character-strategy-sith-marauder/p1

• Options

How would you even begin to keep track of that? Can you imagine how much constant TM he would generate every single turn? Literally no one in the game has anything that triggers on others’ passive and leader abilities like that.

No, I’d wager my house he’ll trigger TM gain on counters and assists only; because it fits the terminology they use in other places, and he’d take every other turn otherwise.
  • Options
    I'd stop feeding the troll personally folks, this is not the first time for this type of thread by the OP
  • Options
    I'd stop feeding the troll personally folks, this is not the first time for this type of thread by the OP

I'm not a troll, and obviously there are many people with different opinions on this wording and how its interpreted.

Calling people trolls for trying to understand another language is not right at all. Honestly i am offended. Sometimes the people in this community can be pretty horrible.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

It never has before, AFAIK. As mentioned, you aren't "using" a passive, it's just there.

I am not sure what AFAIK means. I thought that was a typo in the earlier comment.
  • Options
    Uh huh
  • Options

I am not sure what AFAIK means. I thought that was a typo in the earlier comment.

As Far As I Know
  • Options
    I would say uniques are not “using an ability”. They are passive actions/buffs/debuffs that trigger under certain conditions.

After a turn, in the case of barris cleanse, the attack she took was the ability used....the cleanse of the lowest health ally was a passive ability triggered by her using an ability. She didn’t “use” the ability to cleanse like Rex/GK/Chirrut.
  • MidasWelby
    203 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I would say uniques are not “using an ability”. They are passive actions/buffs/debuffs that trigger under certain conditions.

After a turn, in the case of barris cleanse, the attack she took was the ability used....the cleanse of the lowest health ally was a passive ability triggered by her using an ability. She didn’t “use” the ability to cleanse like Rex/GK/Chirrut.

So much this....

EDIT: also, go to your ability mat challenge in game, open the rewards tab and click on one of the mats...it reads
    “Used to upgrade unit abilities.”
  • Options
    The difference between passives and uniques vs basics and specials is, in general, that the former pair are mainly triggered effects, while the latter pair are actions taken by the toon.

The wording is that whenever a character uses an ability outside of their turn. Passive abilities are never used they are only triggered. Now on counters and assists something triggered that character to use that ability so it was an action (a use) that was triggered. With a taunt, it is merely an effect that was triggered. You can tell that no ability was used because no animation of the character happens to show it as such.

Bottom line is that passives/uniques are never used, they are simply always on and either have persistent or triggered effects.
  • Options
    Dude, chill out, an ability can be either a Bassic (a counter/an assist), a passive unique (Old Ben dying) or a leadership skill (CLS gaining TM when his friends are hurt), is that HARD to understand?
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    The difference between passives and uniques vs basics and specials is, in general, that the former pair are mainly triggered effects, while the latter pair are actions taken by the toon.

The wording is that whenever a character uses an ability outside of their turn. Passive abilities are never used they are only triggered. Now on counters and assists something triggered that character to use that ability so it was an action (a use) that was triggered. With a taunt, it is merely an effect that was triggered. You can tell that no ability was used because no animation of the character happens to show it as such.

Bottom line is that passives/uniques are never used, they are simply always on and either have persistent or triggered effects.

This is the best way I've seen it.

Tl;Dr
    He gains tm from active abilities outside his turn, not passives outside his turn. 'Nuff said.
  • Options

ElleMadara wrote: »
    Dude, chill out, an ability can be either a Bassic (a counter/an assist), a passive unique (Old Ben dying) or a leadership skill (CLS gaining TM when his friends are hurt), is that HARD to understand?

The confusion is, will SM gain TM when Njghtsister zombie taunts.

Apparently not because its not an "active ability" seems to be the general consensus.

The description on this is vague and only says abilities in game and is clarified further here in the forums. Those that don't check the forums for clarification are out of luck i guess.

This isnt the first time they have ignored grammatical and normal english rules to justify their wording. Someone outside of the group should proof read this stuff first.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Yea i agree.. wording is not their strongest. There's a lot descriptions that confuse me as well :grimace:

You mean "wording is not their strong suit"? ^_^

Yea something like that.. sorry if confusing.. my english not good :grimace:

I am a native English speaker from the US (like the devs) - and I don't understand ability or event wordings half the time. It's not you....it's them. :D

Well 20% of the US population is functionally illiterate. So by itself that fact is not telling us anything...

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

As stated above, it means “as far as I know.”
    Post edited by Liath on
  • Options
    Trias wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Yea i agree.. wording is not their strongest. There's a lot descriptions that confuse me as well :grimace:

You mean "wording is not their strong suit"? ^_^

Yea something like that.. sorry if confusing.. my english not good :grimace:

I am a native English speaker from the US (like the devs) - and I don't understand ability or event wordings half the time. It's not you....it's them. :D

Well 20% of the US population is functionally illiterate. So by itself that fact is not telling us anything...

I have a Masters Degree. I think I would be considered "functionally literate" by almost any definition you would care to use. Now, I have no idea what the credentials of those who write the abilities might be. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Counters are also never used, they are triggered.
    So wouldn't that follow the same logic you are using? Except they seem to want the counters to count but don't want uniques to count. Neither are actions taken by a character, they are passively triggered by an enemy or ally.
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options
    We definitely need a proper explanation!!
  • Options

Counters are also never used, they are triggered.
    So wouldn't that follow the same logic you are using? Except they seem to want the counters to count but don't want uniques to count. Neither are actions taken by a character, they are passively triggered by an enemy or ally.

When a character counters, it attacks utilizing its basic ability. The counter isn't the action. The attack itself is.