Lord of Pain

Replies

• Options
    I think the 18th is when the game changers are suppose to fly out to EA and then spend monday and tuesday checking out new content and then an update and flood of videos to follow wednesday.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    I think the 18th is when the game changers are suppose to fly out to EA and then spend monday and tuesday checking out new content and then an update and flood of videos to follow wednesday.

Wednesday or Thursday next week. I think Kozi will brief us Thursday 2/22, update hits the following Tuesday. Hopefully Sith raid on the 27th.
  • Options
    It all depends on whether they have gone through all the steps they hadn't completed when Tank launched. I think it was announced in July and not released until October. I imagine that they have and weren't going to announce it until it was in its final "touch up" phase. I was really hoping for some tid bits this week though.
  • Options
    ANUBlS wrote: »
    I’d like to adjust this a bit. I think Traya will be coming but not as the Sith Raid reward. I now hope Meetra Surik shards are rewarded because it will finally start the Jedi rebuild that is much needed.

I'd bet on it being Meetra Surik.
    Every Raid so far has us facing DS to win LS who are associated to the DS we beat.
    Rancor - HS
    Grievous/AAT - GK
    Sith Triumvirate - Meetra Surik who defeated them.
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    After considerable thought I’ve decided to place my bet on Marauder being phase 1, Juggernaut being phase 2 this weekend, then Sion next week. Then Nihilus and Sion will be required to get Traya, either by a legendary event or in the sith raid and Traya’s shards being part of the rewards. Flag this post, boys... I didn’t say Spoiler Alert first!!!

I’d like to adjust this a bit. I think Traya will be coming but not as the Sith Raid reward. I now hope Meetra Surik shards are rewarded because it will finally start the Jedi rebuild that is much needed.

What if you actually can only use Jedi for the Sith raid? That would be a challenge.

Don't you be putting that evil on us, son!

From my point of view, the Jedi are evil
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options

hehehe

• Options

Every Raid so far has us facing DS to win LS who are associated to the DS we beat.
    Rancor - HS
    Grievous/AAT - GK

Another LS toon from raids? No thanks, we already have 2 of those. This has to be DS.
  • Options
    DeepChu wrote: »

Rancor - HS
    Grievous/AAT - GK

Another LS toon from raids? No thanks, we already have 2 of those. This has to be DS.

Can't agree with this more. LS has had their fun. Give DS the spotlight now.
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    After considerable thought I’ve decided to place my bet on Marauder being phase 1, Juggernaut being phase 2 this weekend, then Sion next week. Then Nihilus and Sion will be required to get Traya, either by a legendary event or in the sith raid and Traya’s shards being part of the rewards. Flag this post, boys... I didn’t say Spoiler Alert first!!!

What if you actually can only use Jedi for the Sith raid? That would be a challenge.

Don't you be putting that evil on us, son!

Then you are lost!
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I agree, but if that were to be the case, do you not think we'd be fighting against LS characters?
    Have not most other Events, Raids etc in the whole game been fighting against one side to win someone from the other?
    Can you think of any where you fight against DS characters to win a DS character or vice versa, fighting vs LS to win LS?
    Not talking about what we want, talking about what is most probable.
    Just because we want/need something doesn't mean that we're going to get it.

• FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If that were to be the case, do you not think we'd be fighting against LS characters?
    Have not most other Events, Raids etc in the whole game been fighting against one side to win someone from the other?
    Not talking about what you want, talking about what is most probable.
    Just because you want/need something doesn't mean that you're going to get it.

Yes but Nihilus and Sion teamed up to fight Darth Traya, so presumably we are getting Sion and fighting Traya in the raid

" The two conspired against Traya for a time, and then, when she was vulnerable, they struck. She was cornered from two sides in the Trayus Core while meditating, and violently subdued. Nihilus used the Force to slam her against a pillar. She reached for her lightsaber, but in vain. Sion then proceeded to beat her and throw her on the floor. During this time, the two Lords used Sever Force to cut her connection to the Force, making her lose the dark side that had corrupted her in the first place. Traya, Lord of Betrayal, was betrayed again."
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Yes but Nihilus and Sion teamed up to fight Darth Traya, so presumably we are getting Sion and fighting Traya in the raid
    & who defeated both of them & ended the Sith Triumvirate? Meetra Surik.

Sion is more likely to be in this Sith Marauder Event that was called Lord of Pain 1.
    Likely there will be a pt. 2 & 3. Sion is the Lord of Pain. Likely he will be final part's reward.

I originally thought Traya as a reward from the Raid, but it just doesn't stand up to anything else they've done or do.
    It's always fight DS characters to win LS shards & vice versa.

• Vdr
    14 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Mostly, but not always. Grandmaster training you use Jedi vs Jedi to get Yoda, defense of Dathomir it’s NS vs Separatists to get MT and Imperial Chimerae its Rebel ships vs Empire ships to get Chimerae.

P.s. Grand Admiral Thrawn too
  • Options
    @DaWitchIzDed
    "It's always fight DS characters to win LS shards & vice versa."
    If you're talking about rancor and aat, I don't think 2/2 = always. 2/2 isn't much of a pattern, certainly not written in stone; CG changes the rules ( alters the deal) monthly in my experience

• Options
    & who defeated both of them & ended the Sith Triumvirate? Meetra Surik.

Sion is more likely to be in this Sith Marauder Event that was called Lord of Pain 1.
    Likely there will be a pt. 2 & 3. Sion is the Lord of Pain. Likely he will be final part's reward.

I originally thought Traya as a reward from the Raid, but it just doesn't stand up to anything else they've done or do.

In addition to fighting the Rancor for Han and fighting General Grievous for General Kenobi, we also earn ROLO shards against the Empire, and IPD shards for fighting rebels. This appears to be a consistency across the board for different aspects of the game.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been much mention about Atris, who was a Jedi Master corrupted by the Sith Holocrons in the background of all this. I would be interested in the release of her character as a part of the combined marquee event, in addition to Sion and Kreia/Traya. It would be very interesting to see if thy do a string of marquee events for LS KOTOR 2 characters leading up to a Hero’s Journey for Meetra Surik.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    I think we can all agree Sion is either coming or was planned to release and then delayed/dropped for unknown reasons.

In the first scenario, I think we will likely also get a Lord of Betrayal event (or series of events) leading up to a Darth Treya release. And then the raid reward will be either Meetra Surik (perhaps heralding a Jedi rework, it's what she was famous for, before SWTOR) or Darth Revan. I know many will say it can't be Revan because he's not connected to any of this, but he's tangentially connected, which is all I can really give Han in the Rancor Raid.

I think we'll get Revan eventually either way. If it's Meetra, she will likely be required as one of several characters needed in a Revan Hero's Journey event. Perhaps a 'bonus' character that can be used in that event if you lack one of the others needed.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If you're talking about rancor and aat, I don't think 2/2 = always. 2/2 isn't much of a pattern, certainly not written in stone; CG changes the rules ( alters the deal) monthly in my experience
    I'm sorry, but you don't think that 2/2 to date = always?
    So what does 100%, or every single time, so far equal, if not always?

There are considerably more than just these 2 examples of this ethos being entirely prevalent in the game. Not to mention the whole story itself.
    Post edited by DaWitchIzDed on
  • Options
    Vdr wrote: »
    Mostly, but not always. Grandmaster training you use Jedi vs Jedi to get Yoda, defense of Dathomir it’s NS vs Separatists to get MT and Imperial Chimerae its Rebel ships vs Empire ships to get Chimerae.

Ah, yes, well done. Forgot that Yoda was LS vs LS to win LS. Same for Talzin with DS.
    OK, so 2 Events haven't followed that system of fighting one side to win a character from the other. Vast majority of the others have & 100% of the Raids have, though.

• DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Corrog wrote: »
    I think we can all agree Sion is either coming or was planned to release and then delayed/dropped for unknown reasons.

In the first scenario, I think we will likely also get a Lord of Betrayal event (or series of events) leading up to a Darth Treya release. And then the raid reward will be either Meetra Surik (perhaps heralding a Jedi rework, it's what she was famous for, before SWTOR) or Darth Revan. I know many will say it can't be Revan because he's not connected to any of this, but he's tangentially connected, which is all I can really give Han in the Rancor Raid.

I think we'll get Revan eventually either way. If it's Meetra, she will likely be required as one of several characters needed in a Revan Hero's Journey event. Perhaps a 'bonus' character that can be used in that event if you lack one of the others needed.

HS was, to my mind, a little more than simply "tangentially" linked. He was the single, only reason we ever even saw Jabba's palace & therefore the Rancor?

I think we essentially agree that it is most probable to be Meetra Surik. Highly probable, in fact.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a TOR category added, like GR. Then only characters from that faction can compete to win whoever (if Revan, Meetra or any other TOR toon) they decide to make a Hero's Journey for.
    I expect, as we all do, Sion to come in this Lord of Pain Event.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the 5 TOR Sith - Nihilius, Sion, Marauder, Trooper & Assassin, needed to complete the Hero's Journey, or equivalent Event for Revan, or Traya.

Anyone who has the first idea of commercial sense would surely suggest that Revan is extremely unlikely as a Raid reward? OK, they'd make some revenue from people rushing to complete it, but from then on income is zero & F2P can get him just as easily as P2P.
    They make him an Event only character & the income from P2P continues every single time the Event is live.

Which do you think is more likely to appeal, as a business decision?
  • Options

Ah, yes, well done. Forgot that Yoda was LS vs LS to win LS. Same for Talzin with DS.
    OK, so 2 Events haven't followed that system of fighting one side to win a character from the other. Vast majority of the others have & 100% of the Raids have, though.

4 events. Thrawn and chimera are both ls v ds to get ds
  • Options
    So what does 100% so far equal, if not always?

There are considerably more than just these 2 examples of this ethos being entirely prevalent in the game. Not to mention the whole story itself.

No 2/2 is not a pattern

If you flip a coin twice and it lands on heads both times it does not mean it will land on heads every time.

If a business does a 50% sale today, and tomorrow, it does not mean it will be 50% every day.

If you really think CG follows patterns, cadences, trends in their events I would guess you haven't been playing long, or you don't keep track of the events/releases.

I use trends from CG to guess also, but if you think GOH trends are consistent you are wrong, whether farming schedule, event requirements, event dates, release cadence, et. al.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    No 2/2 is not a pattern

If you flip a coin twice and it lands on heads both times it does not mean it will land on heads every time.

If a business does a 50% sale today, and tomorrow, it does not mean it will be 50% every day.

If you really think CG follows patterns, cadences, trends in their events I would guess you haven't been playing long, or you don't keep track of the events/releases.

I use trends from CG to guess also, but if you think GOH trends are consistent you are wrong, whether farming schedule, event requirements, event dates, release cadence, et. al.

Wow, resorting to dismissive, condescending statements about the length of time I've been playing, or how much attention I pay? Nice passive aggressive moves. Unfortunately for you, that's all they amount to. Can't defeat the point being made, so try to discredit the person making it. Nice try.

No-one said 2/2 was a pattern, except you? Are you having this debate with yourself?
    I said it always happens & 100% of the time is categorically "always".
    Every single time so far is always.
    It has always happened.
    Name me one instance of a Raid where it hasn't happened? If you can't, then it always happens.
    Note: This is NOT the same as saying "it will always happen".

None of the things you mention in your so called trends bare any relation to the conversation topic at hand.
    Farming schedule has nothing to do with Raids.
    Events have nothing to do with Raids.
    Albeit that they could potentially be indicative of the organisational mind-set, they do not directly attribute themselves to Raids, whereas existing Raids fundamentally do.

If you genuinely believe that ANY successful commercial entity (which EA is) is not studying the patterns and trends of their revenue streams and customer base, then I suggest going and talking to any manager of any business.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    No 2/2 is not a pattern

Don't believe I asked you anything about it being a pattern? You seem to be answering questions that haven't actually been asked. Strange.
    No-one said 2/2 was, or was not a pattern, until you.
    What I asked was: "you don't think that 2/2 to date = always?"

We could, just as easily, flip your response & ask:
    If you've done each Raid x 500 & had the same result 500 times x 2, you wouldn't think that it won't happen on the 501st, so why would you think that it won't happen at 001 of the new one?

Either way, not what was said.

I said it always happens & 100% of the time to date is, categorically & indisputably, always.
    It has always happened.
    Can you name me a Raid where it hasn't happened? If you can't, then it always happens.
    Note: This is NOT the same as saying "This will always happen." This is where your confusion seems to lay.
  • Vdr
    14 posts Member
    Options

It doesn’t look like you were talking about raids only. Unless I’m forgetting about a raid where you fight LS to get DS, that “vice versa” made it clear your “always” was directed at more than just raids.

• DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It doesn’t look like you were talking about raids only. Unless I’m forgetting about a raid where you fight LS to get DS, that “vice versa” made it clear your “always” was directed at more than just raids.
    My first post in this thread was originally referring to the Raids.
    Rancor - HS
    Grievous/AAT - GK
    It was originally made in direct reference to Raid rewards & was then extrapolated on to include Events, which you then correctly pointed out that there have only been 4 which didn't follow that.
    I don't see a point that you're making?

• Options

Don't believe I asked you anything about it being a pattern? You seem to be answering questions that haven't actually been asked. Strange.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Thank you for proving my point. I never asked about a pattern. I specifically said always.

I repeat:
    I said it always happens & 100% of the time to date is, categorically & indisputably, always.
    It has always happened.
    Can you name me a Raid where it hasn't happened? If you can't, then it always happens.
    Note: This is NOT the same as saying "This will always happen." This is where your confusion seems to lay.

In another thread you present 80% as being always.
    80% is not, but 100% is.
    I get the impression I'm having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

• Vdr
    14 posts Member
    Options
    I don't see a point that you're making?

I don’t want to make a point.
    It can be Meetra, although (or because) its a character with a small appeal.
    Unlike Revan in KOTOR, Meetra wasn’t the exile until several years after KOTOR II was released and so she was not the exile to anyone playing KOTOR II.
  • Options
    I repeat:
    It has always happened.

I get the impression I'm having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
    Definition of always :
    Always: At all times, forever

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/always
  • Options
    My $ is on Traya as raid reward

Sion as marquee

Sith Warrior or Sith Juggernaut as marquee

Then move on to Hux, Snoke

Then move on to Han Solo movie

Then more 1-6 episode characters

Then Jedi Luke in August
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?