On the origins of names

Replies

• Options
    As a bard, I roll to seduce everyone.

Yes, everyone.

I am tempted by the seduction of the bard but I stay in the well
  • Options
    You've been in service since the war. Are you feeling ok. I don't know what happened to you during the last battle you might want to ask your Commander about that.

The king mandates that everyone works together. Schedules are important. Be prepared as a city to fight against the beast. Everything in are kingdom is for the safety of the citizens.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Options
    I take the commander aside, telling him about waking up in the cabin without our memories. I ask if there's a wizard nearby he trusts to check nothing is wrong.
  • Options
    I am not tempted by the Bard, as they are the hippies of D&D. :p
  • Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    I take the commander aside, telling him about waking up in the cabin without our memories. I ask if there's a wizard nearby he trusts to check nothing is wrong.

(You weren't in the cabin you came along after only spaceman woke up there)
  • Options
    Under different circumstances I would have had a better start to your adventure goodgil and whiskers were investigating the seen when spaceman awoke.
  • Options
    The only wizard he knows is in spaceman's squad he helps fight against the fire beast. He makes traps that can hurt the beast. The only thing we have found that works against it. (as an elf you know the humans say the elves released the fire beast from there portal home. That's the reason they give for having to destroy it. But there isn't any fire elementals in your home world.) He doesn't know why spaceman would have lost his memory. He wasn't at the battle.
  • Options
    I ask the commander if he will transport us to where this beast is so we can get a look at it.
  • Options
    I'm going back to the base there you'll be able to meet up with your squad. The rumor is it headed east. I'm sure they are already preparing to attack it again. The beast only comes out at night. So anyone that isn't on duty isn't allowed to be out at night. It's a country wide rule.
  • Options
    I go to the base.
  • Options
    Are you going to leave whiskers in the well?
  • Options
    I leave a note saying where I'm going, along with rations and a map to the base.
  • Options
    (I'm assuming goodgil is coming with if otherwise he can state what he is doing when he posts)

You embark on your journey as you look back towards town you can see that the festival is starting. You feel tired so you make use of the sleeping quarters.

You awake to sounds of people on the deck. On the deck you notice your arriving at an old fishing town. There is a stone structure on the shoreline. It feels familiar you instinctually know it's the base. Looks very rustic it has one purpose to protect anyone inside. Nothing could take this structure you think to yourself. A section of the base sticks out into the water. An overhead door starts to open allowing the ship to enter.

The boat stops everyone gets off. The officer you were talking to before you left points you towards a flight of stairs. Go up there take your second left and you should run into someone you know.
  • Options
    @whiskers your dog comes back chewing on a note.
  • Options
    Fluffy ate the rations and the map? I follow the stairs and take the turn mentioned.
  • Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    @whiskers your dog comes back chewing on a note.

I run towards the port, steal a rowboat and travel to the base with fluffy by my side
  • Options
    That's for whiskers to find out.

Once you get up the stairs the whole feel of the building changes. Fancy tapestries line the walls. Many have a king leading solders into battle against elven armies. Marble floors. There's even a doorway that says latrine and bath, you hear running water coming from inside. (They must have harnessed the power of the river)

Farther down the hallway you see solders prepping to leave. One calls out spaceman I didn't think I'd ever see you again. We are about to head out you sitting this one out or coming with? We could really use your help on this one. Korak is supposed to take your place, we all know that won't go well.
  • Options
    @whiskers once you get to the dock someone sees you running and asks if you missed your boat. I can give you a lift if you want. It's only a freighter so no luxuries but it'll get you there. The dock is fairly busy right now you probably would have to wait till nightfall to steal a row boat. you think you could find it using what's left of the map and note but not positive you could.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    What is going on here?
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    What is going on here?

We're doing a bit/acting out how pen and paper Rpgs work. They run on imagination and graphite.

I say I'm coming with, as the one memory I have retained is that Korak sets things on fire and always ends a battle drunk in a foxhole. I mention my amnesia, and ask for details. I also fight on the conditions any elf members of my party who arrive are allowed to join as free men.
  • Options
    @whiskers once you get to the dock someone sees you running and asks if you missed your boat. I can give you a lift if you want. It's only a freighter so no luxuries but it'll get you there. The dock is fairly busy right now you probably would have to wait till nightfall to steal a row boat. you think you could find it using what's left of the map and note but not positive you could.

I ask him if I can bring my dog and my sword.
  • Options
    He says the last battle didn't go well the town's brave didn't set off the package. So you went in to do it the blast from the fire beast flung you out of site. The blast must have scrambled your mind a bit. I'm sure it'll come back to you, you probably just need some time. I'm glad you're coming with and as always anyone willing to join the fight is a free man. I'm sure the captain will put them on the outskirts of the city until he is sure there up for this.

Of course you can bring your dog and sword.
  • Options
    He says the last battle didn't go well the town's brave didn't set off the package. So you went in to do it the blast from the fire beast flung you out of site. The blast must have scrambled your mind a bit. I'm sure it'll come back to you, you probably just need some time. I'm glad you're coming with and as always anyone willing to join the fight is a free man. I'm sure the captain will put them on the outskirts of the city until he is sure there up for this.

Of course you can bring your dog and sword.

I go on the boat to join the others
  • Options
    You see a similar seen as described earlier but your boat docks outside the base. There is strong double doors just to the right of the dock that leads inside the base. Also a small village to the west/straight ahead.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Options
    I take my post at the mast of the boat, acting as ranger. Since the humans here seem to be fine with elves and not the xenophobic mobs I've come to known on this world, I follow instructions... For now. But I keep my distance, and my bow is always close by.
  • Options
    You see a similar seen as described earlier but your boat docks outside the base. There is strong double doors just to the right of the dock that leads inside the base. Also a small village to the west/straight ahead.

A small group of people and I check out the village
  • Options
    @goodgil once inside the base they direct you to a room filled with armor (they all have a patch with a fireball being chased by a king sword held high)and weapons of all kinds. All the armor looks to big for you and the bows and arrows look of poor design compared to the ones your use to using. A man forming armor is on the far side of the room.
  • Options
    @whiskers there's a group of people heading into the city from the dock. You stay close as to blend in with the group. In seems like a villiage in the decline, only older men and women live here. No children or young adults. Most of the men you perceive as the fisherman are way past there prime. Maintenance to the buildings has been neglected.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Options
    I ask the armorer why he's bothering. Against a fire elemental, the last thing you want is to be covered in steel, which will only serve to cook you up faster. Do they expect the elemental to gather an army?
  • Options
    It is mandatory that you have government issued armor. It's for unity purposes. Are you joining the fight? I doubt any of these will fit you. I can sew a patch on your current apparel. Until I can make a fitted suit of armor. Leather I take it?