On the origins of names

Replies

• Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Options
    I sneer, amazed at the man's ignorance. Triggering the minor enchantment that exist in every elven garment from my world, I make the sigil appear on the appropriate spot. I tell him, "This clock was given to me to wear by the High Lord himself. Until you can make something of equal value, I'll keep this".
    I don't mention I can make better armor than anything I see there. That is a service I have sworn to use only in service to those I trust completely. Which, after they shut the portal, involves no humans.
  • Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    I sneer, amazed at the man's ignorance. Triggering the minor enchantment that exist in every elven garment from my world, I make the sigil appear on the appropriate spot. I tell him, "This clock was given to me to wear by the High Lord himself. Until you can make something of equal value, I'll keep this".
    I don't mention I can make better armor than anything I see there. That is a service I have sworn to use only in service to those I trust completely. Which, after they shut the portal, involves no humans.

Nice. Not sure where I am at this point. :p
  • Options
    He looks at you angerly. Then points you down the hall. Down the hall you run into spaceman you hear something like he sets things on fire. Your clueless about the content. The guard turns to you and says I'm glad we have an elf in are ranks, I'll go get korak he'll be in charge of you for now. He walks off.
  • Options
    Another solder soon walks out of a room massive in size. You didn't know humans could get this large your a little intimidated by his pure size then he speaks. Hhhii I'm korak. A a a your supposed to follow me. Just please listen I don't want anything to go wrong. (He sounds like a broken man, how could someone this strong be so weak) follow me we have to go prep the boat.
  • Options
    I follow to the boat.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Options
    I also walk, smiling internally. So far, nobody has asked me if I intend to join this army. I let the sigil disappear from my clock. Getting the portal reopened might take a while, and fighting alongside humans might be the key for that, but my loyalty lies with the elven court. And even if they made me take an oath... As every elven child is taught before he turns 50, a vow taken not from your own heart is no more binding than the wind.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Korak leads goodgil to a pile of of boxes and bags then grabs some and says they need to go into the cargo hold. While saying that to goodgil he almost runs into spaceman. Sorry sorry didn't mean to. Then steps back to let spaceman through.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Options
    I sigh. The days when the elves were viewed in awe in this world are apparently gone. I quitely ask one of the nearby guards, "What position does this Korak hold?"
  • Options
    He is a private.(very low) we mainly use him for hard labor jobs and standing guard. He looks the part that's why we keep him around.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Options
    This went too far. Those humans will learn my proper place here. I ask the guard, which torch among those that line up the walls is the furthest he can see. After he points to one about 150 meters behind, I shoot an arrow through it. it breaks and falls, shattered, on the floor. "Have a real battle commander come to me, if you want me here", I say, and start walking away.
  • Options
    He looks impressed with your shot. But doesn't say anything as you walk away.
  • Options
    As I walk down the hall, I pass the guard who was standing near the torch I shot. I repeat my challenge, and this time, pointing at the fireball on his sigil, add: "I hope that I didn't burn you... With so many threats out there, a burn is the last thing you want".
    I assume, with humans blaming the elves for the fire elemental (one of the reasons they closed the portal), this will trigger a bigger response.
  • Options
    Still the same. Says that's a good shot. But nothing more.
  • Options
    I keep walking. This time in silence.
  • Options
    Where do you go?
  • Options
    I let Korak carry the boxes. I gesture to Goodgil and point to a guard a ways away who has fallen asleep at his post. Next to him is a barrel with an apple and a wedge of cheese on it.

Can you...y'know...
  • Options
    As long as nobody stops me, out of camp and into the nearby forest, to a position where I can spy on both the camp and the town.
  • Options
    @goodgil do you hide out in the freight or head to the woods?
  • Options
    I hold back long enough to eat with spaceman, but afterwards I go for the woods. I invite spaceman to join me.
  • Options
    Ok will wait for spaceman's response.
  • Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    @whiskers there's a group of people heading into the city from the dock. You stay close as to blend in with the group. In seems like a villiage in the decline, only older men and women live here. No children or young adults. Most of the men you perceive as the fisherman are way past there prime. Maintenance to the buildings has been neglected.

I go to the town hall and pretend that I’m a traveler who wants to live here
  • Options
    When you get to town hall there is a middle aged man doing paperwork. When you ask him about moving here he immediately lights up with excitement. He mentions there are many houses available and he would be eager to show them to you. For employment I would talk to the fishermen we are in need of some deckhands.
  • Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    As long as nobody stops me, out of camp and into the nearby forest, to a position where I can spy on both the camp and the town.

I thought you might shoot the apple and scare the guard for fun. >:)
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Options
    I stay in the forest, setting positions in several treetops. All allow my view of the town and village, from different angles. I wait for something important to happen.
  • Options
    When you get to town hall there is a middle aged man doing paperwork. When you ask him about moving here he immediately lights up with excitement. He mentions there are many houses available and he would be eager to show them to you. For employment I would talk to the fishermen we are in need of some deckhands.

I ask the man how much the houses cost, I want to be the man on the inside.
  • Options
    They finish loading the boat and set sail to find the fire beast. The show spaceman to the sleeping quarters. No one is sleeping, most are polishing the armor. No one seems nervous at all.
  • Options
    From the wood line you see normal village movements nothing stands out. The overhead door at the base opens up and the ship you almost got on pulls out.
  • Options
    You must not be from around here housing is free. The king only asks that you do your part for the people.
  • Options
    You must not be from around here housing is free. The king only asks that you do your part for the people.

I agree to be a guard for the village, along with fluffy
  • Options
    You'll have to go talk to the base. They handle protecting the village. They have living quarters there. It looks like you disappointed the man.