On the origins of names

1235Next

Replies

• DarthPadraig
    132 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Nothing really funny about mine. My irl name is Patrick, and I've been using actual or pseudo-Celtic versions as my online names for twenty years now. Added the Darth because I am a future attorney and thus an apprentice Sith Lord.

Also, I stroll into the town whistling a jaunty tune while idly twirling my spear about.
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance
  • Options
    @goodgil an obvious foreigner is spinning a spear and whistling a toon. seems suspiciously out of place.
  • Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    You'll have to go talk to the base. They handle protecting the village. They have living quarters there. It looks like you disappointed the man.

I go to the base and ask if there are any positions open for guard duty
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Options
    I wait until the foreigner comes close to one of my hideouts, than jump down directly behind him. Raising my bow, I say, "Nice day for a stroll, isn't it? But why so far away from home?"
  • Options
    I make my way to the woods sheath my short sword and do some hunting with my bow.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Options
    I notice a noise around the camp. Seeing the foreigner isn't responding, I knock him unconscious, tie him up to a tree and go to investigate. Seeing spaceman, I invite him for my camp, where I have food stored.
  • Options
    We always except new members to the guard. Go down to that door to enlist. He points to a door.
  • Options
    The food goodgil has dosent taste very good. Do you try hunting?
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Excuse me, but I've been in the forest for a while now, and I've hunted some supplies. Why do you assume my food is bad?
  • Options
    Your elven taste. Is significantly different than his.
  • Options
    I salt the food and make do so as not to waste good meat. I also carry mustard. :p
  • Options
    It's starting to get late now. While finishing your salted meats. You hear a loud bell ring. Almost instantly everyone in town starts heading towards there houses. Once inside all torches are dimmed and shutters pulled shut. Only town guards are left on the streets.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Options
    I go to the hideout I made that has the best view of the town defenses. I offer spaceman to join me there.
  • Options
    I go through the door
  • Options
    Nothing is really happening in town. Looks like everyone just went inside for the night. Your kind of tired yourself.

Inside the door there is a man sitting behind a desk. Thinking of joining the king's guard I assume. Remember this isn't a commitment to take lightly. You will be one of the protectors of the country. There's no turning back once you join. We may need to place you anywhere for certain periods of time as the circumstances dictate.
  • Options
    I go to Goodgil's hideout after setting some game traps. I wonder aloud when we will find something to fight and get loot from.
  • Options
    I walk back to camp. I'm not joining any army that thinks to degrade the stature of the elven race.
  • Options
    Before I decided to join the guard, I gave fluffy a note to tell the others my progress of infiltrating the town
  • Options
    A dog shows up at camp.

While deciding if you should enlist or not a bell rings. The man behind the desk says looks like you'll be staying the night. He then shows you to a room. This rooms for are guests.
  • Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    A dog shows up at camp.

While deciding if you should enlist or not a bell rings. The man behind the desk says looks like you'll be staying the night. He then shows you to a room. This rooms for are guests.

I sleep with a knife under my pillow for the night
  • Options
    I stay on my platform in the tree for the night. I stay my nightly meditation, my dreams playing out against the night sky. They are more interesting than anything I've seen for the past few days.
  • Options
    I read the note from Admiral, and send Fluffy back with a note suggesting he join us and we circumvent the soldiers entirely and try to find this beast by ourselves.
  • Options
    I read the note from Admiral, and send Fluffy back with a note suggesting he join us and we circumvent the soldiers entirely and try to find this beast by ourselves.

I read the note and I tell Spaceman that I will divert the soldiers by pretending that I saw something.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Options
    I set up a pretty large fire, out of sight from town but large enough to get spotted. With the soldiers fighting a fire elemental, I think this will draw attention.