#1 Is Darth Vader's (Anakin) first padawan misrepresented? [Added To The Game]

Replies

• Puglio
    161 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes she is
    The treatment she got in GOH is really disappointing.

Also that it is so hard to get Anakin to fight alongside her. He's one of the hardest characters to get.
  • Options
    Yes she is
    From my first day in this game I wanted Snips. I even got her in a bronzium towards my second week of playing and I just slowly farmed her to about halfway to 6* before I stopped. She was just not doing too well in the game. So i decided to see her max stats to see why she wasn't as good as others. The abysmal 93 speed is absolutely ridiculous! So I thought, maybe she crits for a TON of damage since she's slow. Nope. She hits just as hard as other attackers. Sometimes even for less. Ok, ok, she has lifesteal and a possible that means she has to go last to heal herself, nope, by the time she goes, someone on her team is dead, or she is dead. The only thing I noticed was she has an impressively high dodge rating with a Lumi lead. That was her only saving grace for me. I never understood why she has a leader ability that only gives her turn meter on dodge. If you ask me, the turn meter on evasion should be her unique passive, not a leader. Resistance Pilot has turn meter on dodge, why can't an agility based Jedi have the same?

I'm so frustrated with how badly Snips is portrayed that I've started thinking, they purposely made her bad so that they can release Rebels Ahsoka as a way stronger version.
  • Options
    Other (Explain)
    She's great when used in the right team. She hits fairly hard and heals herself with each hit which makes her fairly difficult to kill. You have to pair her up with an assist team, like one with phasma as a leader or with qui gon or with geo in order to get more attacks out of her.

But, her leader ability is almost worthless. It's basically the same as Luminara's except lumi has a passive heal attached and asohka doesn't. I think they should take the turn meter gain on evade and apply to anybody on the team who evades eg with asohka as leader if qui gon evades he gets 20% turn meter, etc. Or, they should take the turn meter gain and move it to asohka's passive eg anytime asohka evades she gains 20% turn meter regardless of who's the leader.

Personally, I think evasion in general needs a buff, why are there leaders who add 20+ speed to their team while the most you'll get for evasion is 15+? If you match a speed based team vs and evasion based team the speed one will win everytime. It's why you see so many qui gon led teams while lumi and asohka and dooku led teams fall by the wayside. It'll also be nice to see each character have an evasion rating attached to them, because the way it is right now evades just seem kinda random..
  • BBSooner
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes she is
    I'm not looking for a game where lightsabers 1 shot non-lightersaber characters (as was the seeming group think of the first bout of responses). I do, however, think she should be rebalanced given that she is a pretty bad character overall. Her abilities are very chance based (arguably in line with her personality) but when she succeeds the bonus is negligible at best.
  • Options
    No she is not
    She's great when used in the right team. She hits fairly hard and heals herself with each hit which makes her fairly difficult to kill. You have to pair her up with an assist team, like one with phasma as a leader or with qui gon or with geo in order to get more attacks out of her.

But, her leader ability is almost worthless. It's basically the same as Luminara's except lumi has a passive heal attached and asohka doesn't. I think they should take the turn meter gain on evade and apply to anybody on the team who evades eg with asohka as leader if qui gon evades he gets 20% turn meter, etc. Or, they should take the turn meter gain and move it to asohka's passive eg anytime asohka evades she gains 20% turn meter regardless of who's the leader.

Personally, I think evasion in general needs a buff, why are there leaders who add 20+ speed to their team while the most you'll get for evasion is 15+? If you match a speed based team vs and evasion based team the speed one will win everytime. It's why you see so many qui gon led teams while lumi and asohka and dooku led teams fall by the wayside. It'll also be nice to see each character have an evasion rating attached to them, because the way it is right now evades just seem kinda random..

Speed is measured in whole numbers whilst the evasion boost is a percentage increase hence the difference.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    No she is not
    Of course she survived all those duels. She was the female lead of an ongoing series. A rather bad one for that matter that Disney does not disown because of the toys sold.
  • Options
    Yes she is
    Excellent post. I agree 100% with the OP.
  • Options
    Yes she is
    They need to take GS out of the game! Don't refund people who built him. If you watched AOTC you would see they and the droids wrecked the Jedi. Yet, they are unnamed bugs who should not be able to even look at a Jedi.
  • Options
    Yes she is
    PrimeTime wrote: »
    Excellent post. I agree 100% with the OP.

Thank you :)
  • Options
    Yes she is
    She is but what character is not? Unfortunately it's a game that we enjoy playing it is not supposed to be "historical" accurate.

How is she different from Sid not using lightning, Yoda not being the fastest or having the best dodge or Lol Rey not using Jedi skills like they are represented in TV?
  • Options
    Other (Explain)
    Starjumper wrote: »

Speed is measured in whole numbers whilst the evasion boost is a percentage increase hence the difference.

A percentage increase based off what? If it's zero, then why are chars who don't have an evasion based leader bonus or evasion up applied allowed to randomly evade? If it's not zero, then is a flat number of 10% or something or is the number defendant based off the chars you choose for your team? If the latter is the case, then what are those numbers?
  • Options
    Yes she is
    She is but what character is not? Unfortunately it's a game that we enjoy playing it is not supposed to be "historical" accurate.

How is she different from Sid not using lightning, Yoda not being the fastest or having the best dodge or Lol Rey not using Jedi skills like they are represented in TV?

Unfortunately the limits are there but they can be lessened and it comes down to what they are willing to put in.

• Options
    Yes she is
    For those who mentioned the sith are OP - Well essentially they are in the movies and clone wars and are often dual attacked by jedi and manage to hold their own without breaking a sweat. Dooku never seemed under any pressure in his fights
    Well, up until his hands get cut off. But that was by Anakin who is nice and powerful in-game, just like Mace...wait a minute...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Yes she is
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    For those who mentioned the sith are OP - Well essentially they are in the movies and clone wars and are often dual attacked by jedi and manage to hold their own without breaking a sweat. Dooku never seemed under any pressure in his fights
    Well, up until his hands get cut off. But that was by Anakin who is nice and powerful in-game, just like Mace...wait a minute...

Lol aaah
  • Options
    I don't think anybody wants her or anybody else to be "OP". But certain characters have too many checks and not enough balances. For example Dooku does low damage has low health, but has high speed, has Jedi counter affinities that includes a stun and ability block off basic attack due to being a Sith and multi attack chance! Then as another example you have characters like Aayla Secura who are just about as perfectly balanced as you can get being good but not great at everything. Then as another example going the other way leaning to the OP side you have GS who has solid health, beastly damage, with the speed of a Meteorite!
  • Options
    Yes she is
    Bar_Buryin wrote: »
    I don't think anybody wants her or anybody else to be "OP". But certain characters have too many checks and not enough balances. For example Dooku does low damage has low health, but has high speed, has Jedi counter affinities that includes a stun and ability block off basic attack due to being a Sith and multi attack chance! Then as another example you have characters like Aayla Secura who are just about as perfectly balanced as you can get being good but not great at everything. Then as another example going the other way leaning to the OP side you have GS who has solid health, beastly damage, with the speed of a Meteorite!

Couldn't of said it any better. :)
  • Options
    Yes she is
    Please find my Last entry man
  • Options
    Yes she is
    PyroRen wrote: »

Just with your thread @PyroRen alot of caps and hard to be taken seriously.
    You have a good point to make just present it right. :)
  • Options
    Yes she is
    PyroRen wrote: »

Just with your thread @PyroRen alot of caps and hard to be taken seriously.
    You have a good point to make just present it right. :)

+1
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    No she is not

A percentage increase based off what? If it's zero, then why are chars who don't have an evasion based leader bonus or evasion up applied allowed to randomly evade? If it's not zero, then is a flat number of 10% or something or is the number defendant based off the chars you choose for your team? If the latter is the case, then what are those numbers?

I never said it made sense. Just that it's relative. Personally I think every base stat should be a whole number if percentages are going to be used for leader skills and abilities
  • Options
    No she is not
    I also think this whole post should be dedicated to jedi Knight anakin being sub par never mind ahsoka. She hits harder than her master :D
  • Options
    Yes she is
    I also think this whole post should be dedicated to jedi Knight anakin being sub par never mind ahsoka. She hits harder than her master :D

She may be the poster child for this thread but as most of us are saying " the force is truly out of balance in this game" lol.
  • Options
    Yes she is
    This is exactly the same issue that happened in Heroes of Dragon Age. Over the course of playing that for a year and a half from start I watched them sit on the units for the first year and release 1-2 new heroes every week/every other week to change the meta. Then FINALLY, about a year after release they started updating old heroes and the games balance through stats and abilities. There was a constant trend of minor throwaway characters getting Legendary status and easily outdoing the fan favourite characters. It was always (after a brief power drain toss up meta) a speed/damage game. I'll give credit for the changes they eventually made, including PVP arenas in addition to the basic arena that gave bonuses and penalties based on rarity/type/class/etc to change things up.

With this game, it looks like CG drew heavily from their experiences in HODA as well as the staff. Heya @LucifersDaddy ! We're ALREADY seeing rebalancing of insufficiently powered heroes and OP abilities. We're also seeing overpowered ridiculous random heroes. They're learning and fixing the new system so they can work within it.

Still... I have the exact same complaint I have always had... Canon guys! Canon! It's not that bloody hard!

#FixAhsoka #WhyAreNimbleCharactersTheSlowOnes
    #LookAtAssajj #Maul #Nightsisters
    #InWhatUniverseIsMaceWinduATank

Also please fix the roster for the challenges...
  • Options
    Yes she is
    Zemyn wrote: »
    This is exactly the same issue that happened in Heroes of Dragon Age. Over the course of playing that for a year and a half from start I watched them sit on the units for the first year and release 1-2 new heroes every week/every other week to change the meta. Then FINALLY, about a year after release they started updating old heroes and the games balance through stats and abilities. There was a constant trend of minor throwaway characters getting Legendary status and easily outdoing the fan favourite characters. It was always (after a brief power drain toss up meta) a speed/damage game. I'll give credit for the changes they eventually made, including PVP arenas in addition to the basic arena that gave bonuses and penalties based on rarity/type/class/etc to change things up.

With this game, it looks like CG drew heavily from their experiences in HODA as well as the staff. Heya @LucifersDaddy ! We're ALREADY seeing rebalancing of insufficiently powered heroes and OP abilities. We're also seeing overpowered ridiculous random heroes. They're learning and fixing the new system so they can work within it.

Still... I have the exact same complaint I have always had... Canon guys! Canon! It's not that bloody hard!

#FixAhsoka #WhyAreNimbleCharactersTheSlowOnes
    #LookAtAssajj #Maul #Nightsisters
    #InWhatUniverseIsMaceWinduATank

Also please fix the roster for the challenges...

@Zemyn bloody truth speaker here..... all# +100
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Yes she is

Anakin is a top char in top squads in the most advsnced servers.

And if you use the foresight power of SWGOH cantina, he'll be a freak monster at end game, when we play level 90
  • Options
    Yes she is
    I don't think Jedi and Sith should be top-notch in the game but I think the Jedi in general are a little misrepresented. They're fast, powerful and can take on large groups of attackers at once. If the thought was to to make the Jedi use their powers for defense instead of attack, then there should be some better abilities to for them to slow down the game and turn the tables after an initial bum-rush.
  • Options
    Other (Explain)

I never said it made sense. Just that it's relative. Personally I think every base stat should be a whole number if percentages are going to be used for leader skills and abilities

I mean with I agree you there on the base stat being whole numbers. Evasion should be just as valid of a thing to build your team around as speed but it's squishy to do cause you don't know what you're getting. I know a lot of people have been complaining about the speed meta and I think a way to fix that is by making evasion more of a thing. I'd love to watch the glass cannons like Rey and qui gon do their high damage attacks and miss but I can't build my team around that cause I don't know how my characters rate. This is probably a topic for another discussion though..
  • Options
    No she is not
    congrats on the ability to copy and paste from wookiepedia, anyway shes not a top tier jedi and therefore shouldnt be a top tier character in this game
This discussion has been closed.