Galactic Wars... Really?

Prev13
HumbleSage
65 posts Member
edited February 2016
SMH.. they need to fix this garbage. If they don't know how to fix it yet, then make it easy until they can. Don't fault on the side of gamer dissatisfaction because this just sucks to play now.
gwbs.jpg
BTW I have even seen worse where other players are getting ridiculous from the very start. I am also aware this team is beatable.. but the point here is completing it entirely is not going to happen.

(not sure why it's only showing the filename, it showed correct in the preview, but it's basically 3rd battle GW, all lvl 70 and 3 toons 7*, 1 6*, the 1 4*)
- HumbleSage
"To me, there is no light or dark side to The Force. There's just the Force and I'll wield it how I see fit."

Replies

• HumbleSage
    65 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Delete this.
    - HumbleSage
    "To me, there is no light or dark side to The Force. There's just the Force and I'll wield it how I see fit."
  • Options
    I get that for the first node. Lol.
  • Options
    If I may ask, what level are you?
  • HumbleSage
    65 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Dashboard wrote: »

Lvl 70 with some 7* powered toons. It's not that I can't push through maybe 3 even 4 of these battles.. it's just not going to be able to be completed and you can't get purple mats basically till the end. Even if I used sacrificing techniques.

If they are going to continue with this then they need to disperse the rewards better than. Like at least a purple mat or 2 in the 1st couple tiers.

I totally feel your pain.
    - HumbleSage
  • Options
    I just completed my GW for today. Only took me 4 hours and 16-18 sacrificial lambs. First 2 and the final match were easy. The rest were all maxed characters. Just a typical day in the war of attrition. :sweat:
  • Options
    I just completed my GW for today. Only took me 4 hours and 16-18 sacrificial lambs. First 2 and the final match were easy. The rest were all maxed characters. Just a typical day in the war of attrition. :sweat:

See, that amount of time is just ridiculous. I love this game but expecting App gamers to alot that amount of time is insane. My take on the time is that it should only be about 30-45min. I tend to play rather quickly having my strategies for most parties already worked out in my mind.
    - HumbleSage
  • Options
    I have the same issue, running into MAX Squads 3 and 4 battles in and then it's max out 7 star lvl 70's throughout GW
  • Options
    To highlight the issue, once youhit lvl 70, GW essentially assumes you have an entire batallion of lvl 70's with maxed out abilities and gears and then sets you up after a couple battles to tear through 10 lvl 70 wars... that's not how it happens. GW should intuitively assess your cadre of characters and present a difficult but entirely beatable GW Conquest without having to force 80-100 retreats, hours of time and extreme losses....
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

I see a lot of people post this amount of time. Why so long? I usually win or scrub out in about half hour even with a dozen or so sacrifices. Am I missing something that I'm not doing that accounts for all this extra time?

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options

Don't you have a job?

Yeah. I'm at work right now, actually. I played an hour this morning, did what work needed to be done at the time and continued to play once we got back in the office. Some days, I work 2-3 hours of my 12 hour shift. Some days I'm lucky to get an hour total of downtime in 5-20 minute breaks.
  • Options
    You have to end GW or reset with a low power squad then the next GW you will have opponents levels below you
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Another GW post how refreshing
  • Options
    GW is meant to be difficult. All 12 nodes were 70 7* for me, including a Poe/poggle/droid team node 3. If you expect it to be easy you will be disappointed. I personally wish they would make it harder. I love the challenge!!!
  • Options
    It is easy!!! I finish EVERY DAY!!! takes bout 5-10 mins

Opponents I face are levels below me... You have to make sure your last squad is low power... Then your next GW you will have lower opponents.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    If you don't roll with the punches you're going to get buried.

But yeah, finish the last fight with lower power squad, like USAmazing said.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options

Don't you have a job?

LOL
    DarthCyren wrote: »
    To highlight the issue, once youhit lvl 70, GW essentially assumes you have an entire batallion of lvl 70's with maxed out abilities and gears and then sets you up after a couple battles to tear through 10 lvl 70 wars... that's not how it happens. GW should intuitively assess your cadre of characters and present a difficult but entirely beatable GW Conquest without having to force 80-100 retreats, hours of time and extreme losses....

Agree.

Don't you have a job?

Yeah. I'm at work right now, actually. I played an hour this morning, did what work needed to be done at the time and continued to play once we got back in the office. Some days, I work 2-3 hours of my 12 hour shift. Some days I'm lucky to get an hour total of downtime in 5-20 minute breaks.

Lucky! *Napoleon Dynamite Voice*
    USAmazing wrote: »
    You have to end GW or reset with a low power squad then the next GW you will have opponents levels below you

I will have to try this. I don't think it will actually work this way though.
    vangoh wrote: »
    Another GW post how refreshing

You're welcome. :smile:
    GW is meant to be difficult. All 12 nodes were 70 7* for me, including a Poe/poggle/droid team node 3. If you expect it to be easy you will be disappointed. I personally wish they would make it harder. I love the challenge!!!

But not THIS difficult. I don't mind it being a challenge but that isn't a challenge. Strikes me more of an indirect cash-grab.

Opponents I face are levels below me... You have to make sure your last squad is low power... Then your next GW you will have lower opponents.

We'll see! :smile:
    - HumbleSage
  • Johnnyudes
    288 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    HumbleSage wrote: »

Lvl 70 with some 7* powered toons. It's not that I can't push through maybe 3 even 4 of these battles.. it's just not going to be able to be completed and you can't get purple mats basically till the end. Even if I used sacrificing techniques.

If they are going to continue with this then they need to disperse the rewards better than. Like at least a purple mat or 2 in the 1st couple tiers.

You are level 70 so nothing to complain there. I am level 61 and face similar match up by the 6th node.
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

I see a lot of people post this amount of time. Why so long? I usually win or scrub out in about half hour even with a dozen or so sacrifices. Am I missing something that I'm not doing that accounts for all this extra time?

I spend total anywhere from 1 - 4 hours on it daily. Like the OP, I always get 70 7* G8 teams starting at node 3 (today they threw me a bone and node 8 was only 65 6* G8). I try several iterations on each battle before throwing in a suicide squad, which is the majority of the time. After using a suicide squad I usually only have to retreat 1 or 2 times with the A Team.

Yes, it is meant to be difficult, not impossible. I have not been able to complete GW in almost 2 weeks. And based on the sheer number of threads, you are in the minority.

I also know it varies wildly from person to person. Three friends from work play as well, and two of them never have any problem at all with GW, and are shocked when me and this other dude talk about how difficult it is.

I play it every day because even not completing it I need the crystals and credits, but for as difficult as they have made it the rewards should be higher.
  • Options
    Johnnyudes wrote: »

You are level 70 so nothing to complain there. I am level 61 and face similar match up by the 6th node.

Not sure if you mean I shouldn't be complaining or not, but I do have a very good reason to bring up my point. You just have it worse than I do being lvl 61 and that's gotta be even more painful.
    If you don't roll with the punches you're going to get buried.

But yeah, finish the last fight with lower power squad, like USAmazing said.

Thanks Punk. I may try that tomorrow since I don't think I'm going to finish today. :smile:
    - HumbleSage
  • Options

Using a lower power squad to start or resetting GWs doesn't work. I know cause that's all I've been left with and doing all week long.
  • Options
    I only have 1 7* and all but maybe 2 or 3 of my battles are like that and I finish every day, you need to stop complaining and deal with it. 50% of the posts on this forum are about how hard gw is.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Yudoka wrote: »

I spend total anywhere from 1 - 4 hours on it daily. Like the OP, I always get 70 7* G8 teams starting at node 3 (today they threw me a bone and node 8 was only 65 6* G8). I try several iterations on each battle before throwing in a suicide squad, which is the majority of the time. After using a suicide squad I usually only have to retreat 1 or 2 times with the A Team.

Yes, it is meant to be difficult, not impossible. I have not been able to complete GW in almost 2 weeks. And based on the sheer number of threads, you are in the minority.

I also know it varies wildly from person to person. Three friends from work play as well, and two of them never have any problem at all with GW, and are shocked when me and this other dude talk about how difficult it is.

I play it every day because even not completing it I need the crystals and credits, but for as difficult as they have made it the rewards should be higher.

On your last bit here, I couldn't agree with you more. If they keep it this hard, spreading out the rewards may be an easier answer. Rewards based on the difficulty of the battle as opposed to tier or depth? I'm fine with that if I'm going to have to invest the time to beat super squads from the get go, but show me the money.. errm.. uh the purple mats/shards/etc.. :smile:
    - HumbleSage
  • Options
    Wjprberg wrote: »
    I only have 1 7* and all but maybe 2 or 3 of my battles are like that and I finish every day, you need to stop complaining and deal with it. 50% of the posts on this forum are about how hard gw is.

Quite simply don't believe you. Show me a video of your GW run. Clearly the majority of people are facing this issue, you can red heron all you like. The facts speak for themselves.
    - HumbleSage
  • Options
    Agreed - it's a roll of the dice. There's no solid, concrete explanation for GW Match Making criteria. I wish it were there so we would understand why so many are crippled by the game mechanics while some breeze through it. Personally I believe most people 'dominating' GW are of lower rank(65 or less), or have invested so much or gotten a lucky enough of a break that they have a perfect combo of toons to blast through it but for most people it doesn't work that way. It's far too difficult for some and too easy for others.
  • Options

Using a lower power squad to start or resetting GWs doesn't work. I know cause that's all I've been left with and doing all week long.
    Well maybe it's just some "Jedi mind trick" and I have been hallucinating winning GW everyday since the February Update
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options

Just because you are lvl70 doesn't mean anything. It simply means he has played it longer than you. If you start reading the forums prior to playing, or as you are starting off, you can get a good idea of what steps to take to have multiple max toons when you reach lvl70. This is the type of person who has no trouble with GW. On the other hand, if you are like a majority of players, you find this forum when you start having problems. By that time, it's too late, you wind up like me with 75% of the characters, all low lvl and low gear lvl, and you have 1 MAYBE 2 max toons. This is the majority of people, and this is why a majority of people are having significant problems with whatever they changed in GW. It's not like it's supposed to be a cake walk, but when you can't get through half the board without having to manipulate the system by retreating and sending in death squads, its an issue. And it's not an issue for the currency. I get to make 1 purchase a day out of GW shipments. The problem is that GW is where we got most of our credits. Prior to the change of GW, i had no issue upgrading levels, gear, or star levels. Currently, I'm sitting with 5 toons who are waiting a star lvl upgrade, but i simply can't afford the upgrades. Just because my lvl is 70, doesn't mean I have a team of 7* characters. I have 1 7*. I'd have 2 if it didn't cost a million credits to upgrade, or if credits were a little easier to come by. But make no mistake, just because someone is lvl70 doesn't mean squat to overall team strength/star levels.
  • Options

Well maybe it's just some "Jedi mind trick" and I have been hallucinating winning GW everyday since the February Update

I honestly think you may be.
  • Options

Just because you are lvl70 doesn't mean anything. It simply means he has played it longer than you. If you start reading the forums prior to playing, or as you are starting off, you can get a good idea of what steps to take to have multiple max toons when you reach lvl70. This is the type of person who has no trouble with GW. On the other hand, if you are like a majority of players, you find this forum when you start having problems. By that time, it's too late, you wind up like me with 75% of the characters, all low lvl and low gear lvl, and you have 1 MAYBE 2 max toons. This is the majority of people, and this is why a majority of people are having significant problems with whatever they changed in GW. It's not like it's supposed to be a cake walk, but when you can't get through half the board without having to manipulate the system by retreating and sending in death squads, its an issue. And it's not an issue for the currency. I get to make 1 purchase a day out of GW shipments. The problem is that GW is where we got most of our credits. Prior to the change of GW, i had no issue upgrading levels, gear, or star levels. Currently, I'm sitting with 5 toons who are waiting a star lvl upgrade, but i simply can't afford the upgrades. Just because my lvl is 70, doesn't mean I have a team of 7* characters. I have 1 7*. I'd have 2 if it didn't cost a million credits to upgrade, or if credits were a little easier to come by. But make no mistake, just because someone is lvl70 doesn't mean squat to overall team strength/star levels.

I disagree with the principle of this because yes, you're correct, if someone had the foresight to tediously review all presented strategies on the forum prior to beginning their game, they could glean a lot of insights - however, feeling as if that requirement is justified is not reasonable. It isn't reasonable that through the instruction and nuance of the gameplay itself, people are left unsuccessful and 'trapped' from the start. That's not a fair game mechanic and I see no reason to justify it.
  • Options
    The real problem everyone has is how the selections are tied to arena. The devs did this intentionally, so you don't focus all your energy into a single team.

If you have the number 1 rank in Arena, then you should have the hardest gw.

Once they made the change 2 weeks ago, I stopped pushing for a top rank. I was consistently in the top 50 and seeing teams like above throughout my gw when I wasn't even level 60.
    So I put a weaker team into the arena, now I'm locked in pretty solid around 125. I still get some nice arena awards, but I also finish my gw daily. It doesn't take me hours either.

Long story short. Think about the cost/reward of being a top player in arena vs. cost/reward of finishing gw with ease each day. Find the balance.